Running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away

I'm L, I'm 16, and I'd like to run away.
    I have no where to go though.

Without getting into details, my parents (divorced and both remarried/engaged) have made it plenty clear they do not care about me. They put me down all the time and I just can't do it anymore.

I have a long distance boyfriend who lives in Oklahoma. He promises that when I turn 18, he'll come get me if I want him too. He's basically saying to me "i know it's hard baby but next november you'll be 18 too and I'll come get you if you want. Just don't run away. Stay where you are. I know it's not easy but it's safer than out on the street."

I just don't know what to do. I want to run away but I'm scared, and my boyfriend is also right. I'm so confused and angry and hurt. I really need some help right now....please.

Xx

re: running away

Hello L,

Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a hard time. It must be really tough not to feel supported or cared about from your parents. It was smart of you to reach out for some support tonight. So let’s see how we can help you out.

We are not legal experts, but we can talk about what might happen in general. To clarify what runaway situations entails, your parents can file you as a runaway if you decide to runaway. If your parents file a runaway report and you are found by the police they will make arrangements to get you back home. Another option that is something to think about is if you can get your parents’ permission to live with another family member, if you see that as more fitting.

It is great that you have the support of your boyfriend. You are right by saying you’re situation is not easy, but it is great that you are taking this step.

We wish you the best of luck and hope this helps. We can also be reached online through our chat services as well as our 24 hour crisis line at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY). If you can’t call in you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

Best of Luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X