Brady Bunch.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Bunch.

I am a 16 year old girl who lives in Nevada. I have never felt at home with my family. Many times in my short existence child protective services stepped in and removed us form my parents custody. Everytime they managed to get us back. I have 3 other siblings. Recently, my mother went to jail, again, for drug charges. Drugs are nothing new to me. I refrain from getting involved but they are no stranger to my family and I. My dad recently, within the last 6 months, married a woman without informing any of us. She has four children.

There are eight children, two parents and a grandparent. We live in trailers. I hate it.

My gradpa is my rock, he is the only reason I haven't gone insane. He is moving across the country to South Carolina. I need to go with him.
    He will be living in a two bedroom apartment and he is welcome to me going with him. My father does not want me to go, but his only argument is that he will miss me. He has the money to pay child support. We are very well off, he just refuses to spend any of his money on anyone besides himself. I have my licence, I am capable of working, I have had a steady job until recently, and I can easily transfer high schools. My dad just wont let me. What can I do?

I am about to jump in my grandpas car and just run away, even though I will have no financial support from my father. If worse comes to worse. I will run away.

Brady Bunch

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you are very frustrated with your situation at home and would like to move with your grandfather to South Carolina. We understand how you could be feeling this way, after all the changes within your family. We are sorry to hear that you have faced the hardships of being back and forth from your home. It sounds like you have gained strength through your ups and downs and have decided to take a stance to not get involved with drugs. Good for you. You speak in a very fond way about your grandfather. It’s good to have someone you can look up to.

Have you and your grandfather expressed a plan to your father about living together?
    With a plan you might be able to show your father what your idea of life would be like living with your grandfather.
    Perhaps your grandfather can speak with your father as well about what his idea is to make sure you follow through with school and having adult or supervision guidance.
    Does that make sense?

You said the only argument from your father that’s keeping you form moving with your grandfather is that he will miss you. Perhaps you can also set up some ground rules about checking in with your dad to let him know how things are going.
    Have you ask yourself what will it solve if I were to runaway?
    It’s always good to weigh your options and to consider if things will be better by your decision or will it only add more of a problem to your situation. It sounds like you feel you would be in a better situation living with your grandfather. That’s fine. It’s the way you you feel.
    It’s very good that you are thinking it through and that you took the time to contact NRS.
    We would be glad to hear you out if you would like to speak more about how you are feeling. We may also be able to assist you with other options to cope with your situation.
    You can give us a call at our 24 hr crisis line 1-800-Runaway (786-2929).
    We also have the NRS live chat service through our website www.1800Runaway.org 7days a week from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).

We hope that things will start to feel better for you.
    Thank you again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    Take Care
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X