Connecticut age 14

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut age 14

I have a few questions. If I run away will the police be forced to bring me home aggainst my will? I hate my house and I feel as if every choice I make horribly affects the people I love. I have sold drugs and been raped. I've never in my life breathed a word of this to my mother, because partly a bit of me thinks its her fault. For a while she stopped caring amd now she wants to be my mom again but it's too late. Will the people who help me be in trouble for assisting me in anyway? Please respond quickly!

Re: Connecticut age 14

Hello,

We’re very glad you reached out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve gone through an awful lot and we’re here to talk to you about your situation and offer support. No one deserves to be raped and feeling like it might be partly her fault doesn’t sound easy either. There is support out there for rape and sexual assault through RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network) http://www.rainn.org/. Also as far as having sold drugs, please remember we do not judge here. It sounds like you may have had to do what you needed to survive.

You ask a lot of valid questions and while we can’t say for certain what will happen if you choose to leave, we can provide general answers. In response to your first question about if the police will force you to go home against your will – you have the right to explain your reason for not going home, especially if you feel unsafe or are being abused or neglected. That being said, it would be up to the police if you run away and they come across you.

As far as your last question, will the people who help you be in trouble for assisting a runaway – that does tend to be a risk as most states recognize harboring a runaway a crime. Running away itself is most often considered a status offense (similar to smoking or skipping school underage.) The laws tend to fall on the adults helping the runaway unfortunately. To know for sure how your city/state views these laws, you could always contact your local law enforcement or speak to a lawyer or legal aid.
    We would be happy to continue discussing your situation and possible options. We offer Live Chat every day from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. Simply click on red Live Chat button at www.1800runaway.org to chat with us. Or, if you would like to talk immediately you can call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Hope that helps and we wish you all the best.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X