Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what could happen to my bf if we run away together??

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 17 going to be 18 april 9th (just bout 5 months) and i really want to runaway have it be with my boyfriend (he is 21 yet cares more about my wellbeing than my parents.) or if i have to id runaway alone.
    im a hs dropout and havent been in a school in the past year. after getting dropped out of my online program my dad told me that he wasnt going to put me back in school because its a waste of time at this point though i begged him. i no longer have a job and cannot acquire a job until because i do not have a license and i have no form of transportation nor will my dad take me. my mental health has been in great decline for the past 2 years this year is the worst that its been. my parents do not care to get me the help i need though ive expressed this. i feel helpless because i cant wait til im 18 im losing my acctual mind. i know if i lefti could get a job, and ive been offered to be taken out of state. i justt dont want my dad or anyone to get introuble other than myself.

also my sister told mydad bout my relationship with my bf exaggerating his age and that ive been gone makinng him not even want to talk to me. ive been threatened to be sent o my mothers who was abusive and caused me childhood trauma could i refuse to move back in with her ? she lives across the country and it would be pointless for me to go over there because it will be the same thing

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there. Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re going through a really tough time at home. It can be quite challenging when we are trying to get back on the right track and begin to feel that we don’t have the support we need. Your mental health is also so important and it’s great that you are so self-aware of your feelings. Reaching out for help is also a very courageous thing to do. The National Alliance on Mental Illness may be able to provide additional support with your concerns around your mental health. The number to their hotline is 1800-950-6264. In addition, you may want to consider looking into this job offering to take you out of state a little bit more. Jobs like these are often rare for someone your age and may be a sign of a possible human sex trafficking scam. Predators usually reel young girls in through job advertisements and other tactics so it’s always good to take precaution with which jobs you apply and accept. You can also find out more about situations like these by calling The National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1888-373-7888. It also seems like you are bit concerned of going back to live with you mother. We don’t have a legal background however we do have some general knowledge. In most states, the age where you are no longer considered a minor is 18. Therefore, when you turn 18 in April you would no longer need parental consent to leave home. If you do decide to leave sooner, it’s always a good idea to maybe brainstorm where you’ll go, how you’ll keep yourself safe, and provide for yourself. It may also be useful to keep in mind that your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report if you do leave while you’re still a minor and if you make any contact with police they may return you back to your home. We hope this information was helpful. We’d be glad to talk more with you about your situation. Please feel free to call our hotline at 1800-runaway or come and chat with us at 1800runaway.org. All the best, NRS.
      (17:45) NRS207: Hi there. Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re going through a really tough time at home. It can be quite challenging when we are trying to get back on the right track and begin to feel that we don’t have the support we need. Your mental health is also so important and it’s great that you are so self-aware of your feelings. Reaching out for help is also a very courageous thing to do. The National Alliance on Mental Illness may be able to provide additional support with your concerns around your mental health. The number to their hotline is 1800-950-6264. In addition, you may want to consider looking into this job offering to take you out of state a little bit more. Jobs like these are often rare for someone your age and may be a sign of a possible human trafficking scam. Predators usually reel young girls in through job advertisements and other tactics so it’s always good to take precaution with which jobs you apply and accept. You can also find out more about situations like these by calling The National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1888-373-7888. It also seems like you are bit concerned of going back to live with you mother. We don’t have a legal background however we do have some general knowledge. In most states, the age where you are no longer considered a minor is 18. Therefore, when you turn 18 in April you would no longer need parental consent to leave home. If you do decide to leave sooner, it’s always a good idea to maybe brainstorm where you’ll go, how you’ll keep yourself safe, and provide for yourself. Transitional Living Programs may be a good option because their programs are specifically designed to help youth phase out of crisis and/or homelessness. These programs may offer shelter, therapy, employment counseling, etc. It may also be useful to keep in mind that your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report if you do leave while you’re still a minor and if you make any contact with police they may return you back to your home. We hope this information was helpful. We’d be glad to talk more with you about your situation. Please feel free to call our hotline at 1800-runaway or come and chat with us at 1800runaway.org. All the best, NRS.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X