Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time. It must be hard to feel so sad and alone all the time and not have anyone to talk to about it. Maybe going to therapy or finding a friend, guidance counselor or someone to talk to about what you are experiencing could help alleviate some of that loneliness. It’s really important to have a support system when you are going through a lot at home. You can always contact NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) if you ever need to talk or are in a crisis by texting NAMI to 741741. Also if you ever feel like harming yourself or others contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255. If you want to discuss this further and go over other options you may have you can give us a call at 1800-RUNAWAY. Best of luck with everything. Be safe!

Guest replied
    I feel depressed all the time. I cry myself to sleep most time. I feel like I don’t fit in my family. I just always feel alone. My big brothers have left home and I’ve just been feeling depressed all the time. Things have happened in the past that I don’t really talk about. My family always think I am okay but deep down I am not. Finding out my mum wasn’t my actual mum really broke me. I always feel like a laughing stork. Back in college was my worse days I couldn’t cope. I never passed my GCSE which just adds to every problem. I’m always the one to get in trouble at home a lot. My family don’t trust me no more. My mum is always bring about the past and how am I supposed to move forward. One time she found out about me and a certain guy because that guy messaged my family that I had been seeing him. He only did that because I had enough of him. My mum just thought it was all my fault and that I was harassing him. Deep down she never knew what was going on. That guy used to black-mail me saying I should meet him or he’ll send inappropriate pictures of me to my family. He even showed to my house once but luckily my parents were not in. I always feel like to just runaway but I don’t have the courage. Back in college my teachers could see I was not okay and she was willing to speak to my parents but I was so scared. Just recently my dad got really angry at me about something said some awful things to me. I am really sad all the time. They keep telling me how much of a failure I am. Always putting me down. I wish I never existed.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We know it can be difficult to talk about the things you are experiencing at home. It sounds like you've been through quite a lot between living with your mom and then your dad. Living in his house sounds like it is making you really uncomfortable and feel like leaving is the only way out.

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents, specifically your dad. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I cannot stand my parents.

my parents are divorced. My mom is psycho and my dad is a man whore. My mother used to physically and verbally abuse me all the time so I moved in with my dad, everything was fine until he started dating. He met this one chick who is really bad on drugs like crack and meth, she’s been in and out of jail. She got pregnant right before getting with my dad and tried to say the baby was his and dragging him into this big legal situation. Once we found the baby wasn’t his, he didn’t speak to her for a while, but he’s started bringing her around again. I hate her. And he knows it. I cannot stand to be around them. When she’s not around he’s got other women around. I’ll bring my boyfriend over and I can’t leave him alone with my dad or he’ll end up showing my boyfriend some pictures ladies have sent him recently. It’s disgusting the way he talks about women. He’ll talk about it like it’s a causal thing but lord forbid I hug my boyfriend in front of him. I try every thing I can to be away from home, but he gets mad about it and will ground me to the house for weeks at a time because he doesn’t want me gone, but when I’m there he’s yelling at me asking why I’m not gone???

i dunno. I can’t stand it. I can’t live with my mom either because of past situations. None of my other relatives are financially stable enough to support a kid either. I also have two siblings but they seem perfectly happy. I guess it’s just where I’m the oldest I see everything wrong with the situation. i want to get out, I want to move as far away from
    them as possible. I am only 16 though.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hey there,

Thanks for contacting NRS and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. We are sorry to hear things are so unstable at home. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and supported.

We are available 24/7 to support you and connect you with resources. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. Talking more in detail about your situation would make sure we can brainstorm your possible options with you and best help you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.
    NRS

Guest replied
    i don’t want to live under the same roof as my mother anymore please help idk what to do i can’t stay here any longer

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thanks for contacting NRS and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. We are sorry to hear things are so unstable at home. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and supported.

You know best when leaving is the right decision for you. We would be happy to connect you with youth shelters in your area if you call our hotline or use our online chat services. Shelters can provide a safe place to stay and often have relationships with transitional living programs. TLPs are long term housing programs that can support you while you work toward living independently.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. Talking more in detail about your situation would make sure we can brainstorm your possible options with you and best help you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 16 with 2 kids I really need to move out of my parents house we have no hot water our kitchen roof leakes and falls apart other room and holes in the roof
    i hate living here my mums a hoarder so there stuff everywhere my dads mean he smoke my family always making comments about my parenting I need me and my kids out somewhere safe I need help and advice please

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now, especially your dad and you mentioned being verbally abused. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi,
    i live with my parents and my brother.i love my mom and my brother dearly,but my dad seems to make it his life goal to hate me until I hate myself.Anything I do,he is never proud of.he always looks for the negative things about me,he’s never admitted to being wrong or apologized for making mistakes,in fact,whenever I point out something that he’s trying to use against me,he gets made.He takes away the very little privileges that I have and he verbally abuses me to the point we’re I’m contemplating just moving out,but I don’t know where I’d go.please help me

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
    While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your friend is faced with right now and you’re wanting to find a way to help them as they mentioned wanting to to run away and you want to help provide a home for her. It’s great that your friend has support and concern from you especially since this time is quite difficult for them.
    Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.
    Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    ok, sooooo this is not for me, this is for a friend

she is having a very difficult time with her parent's rn. I would support a home for her, but my parents wouldn't approve. she's been asking me to look for some way to find a safe place that wouldn't separate us, please help

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I’m 17 Turing 18 in January. My parents are divorced and I currently live with my mom and can’t live with my dad, but my mom and her husband are both non supportive and just down talk me all the time that’ll I won’t be anything in life and I really can’t take it anymore I need to move out even if it means running away but the problem is I have no where to go or have anyone to turn to for help.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    It sounds like you're in a really tough situation, feeling like you're not really accepted by either your father or mother. How she's talking to you is not okay, and you definitely don't deserve to be treated that way by anyone simply because of who you love.
    You're wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your mom's permission.That might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your mom. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X