Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. Wow it seems like you have been going through a lot. First we want to let you know that abuse is never okay and you do not deserve to be going through that. You always have the right to file an abuse report by calling Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. Another option to consider is talking with your school counselor about this situation, because they are mandated reporters they are required to report abuse.
    Your safety is the top concern if at any moment you feel in danger please call 911 immediately. Also you could try to see if you have any family or friends that you could stay with.
    We hope this information is helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    hi everyone, so i went to my friends and i was with my dad that week and i cant tell you how much i hate my dad he is so abusive and so mean and he locks me in my bedroom like physically locks me and the house is so dirty and so messy and now he is leaving to go live with his girlfriend and decides not to even have me. My mom is usually so chill but out of literally no where she comes out and pulls me by my hair into the car in front of literally everyone and im crying and we stopped at a light and i got out and ran and she got the cops to come get me and take me home and now im about to go into this room where i just sit there it only has a bed and im on my laptop right now but im supposed to be packing my back and my mom just start screaming at me and im so scared im balling my eyes out.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here NRS. We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You deserve to live somewhere that is safe and supportive. It must be really frustrating to feel like your family members are not able to provide a healthy living environment for you. We are here 24/7 to listen and help you figure out your next steps.

If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    Help.Right now I live with my grandma,her boyfriend,and my uncle.My grandma's house is filthy and nothing works but the school is good so I stay with her.My mom's house is in a completely different city.The house she lives in is with her boyfriend and my sister and his son and daughter.I hate it there.The school is big and my mom has changed since she was with him.Her boyfriend acts like a baby and makes her do everything.And while I stayed with my mom I got depressed.I can't live with my dad because I'm not close with him and we barely speak although I miss him.I think I have to live with my mom but I don't want to.Please help.-Kyleigh,12

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are dealing with some rough things right now. We agree that calling someone to skinny can be just as hurtful as calling someone fat and lead to insecurity.
    One option to consider is talking with a school counselor or a teacher about what is going on. They should be able to prevent people from making fun of you, because you do not deserve that. Also they may be able to help you vent and explore options or resources to deal with this.
    It is awesome that you are on the volleyball and basketball team, no one is too skinny to play sports. Your father may be saying those things because of his own insecurities or that he may be afraid of you getting hurt. It seems that playing sports is an outlet for you and helps with you not being depressed which is great. Keep playing your sports and you do not need to listen to your father or anyone about you being too skinny.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide you support. Best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I hate going to school because everyone calls me skinny and I've been called a toothpick two times. I can never wear the clothes I want and I want to get fat implant surgery. Calling someone skinny is equal to calling someone fat it hurts extremely and can lead to insecurity where you won't even want to go outside. I know that I'm skinny stop telling me that I am

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    I don't want to live in my house or interact with my family

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We are sorry that things are not going well between you and your mom. That must be pretty hard for you. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. You don’t deserve to mistreated by anyone. You are not to blame for others bad behavior.

Sometimes when communication breaks down with someone you are close to you making it difficult to know just where to turn. You did well reaching out today. We would like you to know NRS is here to listen and here to help. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail and explore some options for change, please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what's been going on with you. It sounds like living with your dad is rough since he says harsh things when he's angry and it makes sense that you would want a place to share your feelings. As a 23-year-old you are considered a legal adult so you can live wherever you feel comfortable - your father cannot legally make you return to his home. He can contact the police to request a wellness check, but that just means the police will go out and ensure that you are safe but will not return you to your father's home. If you are in need of a place to stay you can always check out the National Homeless Shelter Directory by going to https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/. There you can find shelter near you.

Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I don't want to live in my house or interact with my family most of the time. There have been problems going on for about 3 years. My dad cusses me and my mom out. My mom can't control me and my siblings. My parents yell at me every other day and the words hurt so bad I cry in my sleep every night in a week or once a week. I hate being at home and my parents ask me why I don't talk to them, well it's because of all of this. My mom keeps her friends before the family sometimes and forgets about our plans or picking us up or having clear communication. I've really just given up and I don't want to try in school anymore so my grades aren't as good as they used to be. My friends are always asking me why I'm so sad or mad, or why I don't want to talk and have no emotion. Sometimes I come into sports practice crying. They are also threatening to take all my sports and band opportunities away, saying that they're not important and not beneficial. My parents are always fighting and I can't focus when I do my work. I feel like I have no purpose even though my mom's friends try to help me. My parents have enough money but they won't buy a decent car and will buy whatever they want for themselves. I don't think I was raised correctly and my parents should take a parenting class. I don't want to go anywhere and I'd rather live in a foster home sometimes. And when I look around half of the people I know has perfect lives; a decent house, car, peaceful family life, good school life and they are surprised with what I'm going through. They told me that I was too skinny and that I would die from skinniness when I was really young, and now I'm really sad about being skinny and everyone is telling me that I'm skinny. Even though I try to eat as much as I can every day, and I think it's really just high metabolism. Calling someone skinny is equal to calling someone fat for the people who don't know that. I feel insecure everyday walking outside and going to school; some people said that I look like a toothpick. I also probably look like a toothpick because I don't stand up straight because I'm so insecure. I pray for things to get better but nothing has changed. I never get to have fun and I'm usually at home. The only times I go out is for shopping or if I'm going to a friend's house. I feel like some of my friends are fake and don't really care about me. Life is just boring for me and all I do is school and sports.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i am confused. i dont know what to do, who to blame. im 23, got a responsible father, but he's angry a lot to what i think as a simple stuff, and he said harsh words to my mom and me when he's mad. now im running away from my house, my mom too, but we're separated. i really dont want to go back living my life in that situation again, but since yesterday my dad tried to contact me ordering me to go home. i really dont want to. i dont expect any respon, im just trying to let go my feelings.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out. We are sorry to hear about the way you have been treated. It sounds like the mistreatment at home is becoming difficult to deal with. It seems that you do not receive the support that you probably should at home.

Depending on what you are looking for, a great resource for you could be the National Child Abuse Hotline. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453. You can call them anonymously to learn about the abuse reporting process, or directly report abuse to this line. They are a good resource for talking through your options if there is verbal/mental abuse going on at home.

Additionally, one of the services we offer as an organization is our conference call service. This conference call service is a moderated conversation between you, a member of the NRS, and your parents. In this conversation you set the guidelines and goals in order to have a productive conversation that can improve your conditions at home.

Finally, if you would like to discuss the reasons as to why you want to runaway or you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct. We can also be reached via live chat between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

Best Wishes

~NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 13 and I don't like my mom she never listens to me anymore she only listens to my older sister I'm the youngest of 5 and she don't listen I texted to make it work but it just keeps getting work but I don't know what to do if you do read this help me figure it out

My brother has anger issues and my sister thinks she do what ever she wants my older brother is a * face and does what ever but he has problems and I have problem and my siblings have tried to kill me when I was a child and my brother when he gets angery breaks stuff and one time he pushed me against a moving car and my mom barely tacked us to the doctor anymore and my mom says my dad's a bad guy when we were Younger we liveds In hotels and In the car and when she got married she gets into fights with him almost every week and my dad's not bad yes he has anger issues but he has them under control but I don't want to live with my mom anymore and I don't know what to do I texted to tell her many times too

I need help with getting out of my mom's plz help me text my number at * and if I do t answer I probably don't have my phone bc my mom likes to take it for no reason and she likes to yelling at me for no reason and like to tell my sister to tell me to do all the work around the house and idk what to do anymore
    ​​​​​​
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 10-13-2019, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 15 and I don't want to live with non of my family members including my parents. I'm going through alot and I need help. I want to be in a foster home or I wanna be adopted by someone better

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe, NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X