Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont want to live with my parents anymore

Im nearly 14 years old. I dont want to live here anymore. Im tired of being controlled and tired of being forced to be something im not. Ive been bullied my whole life, and sometimes by my own parents. Ive been emotionally abused and I get yelled at every day for the simplest things. Im depressed and my parents dont notice. Im sick of living with them and I have a friend who would adopt me. Please, I want to run away.

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear that you have been having a hard time at home, and we hope to help in whatever way we can. You were brave to contact us today.

It is important you know, first of all, that it is never okay for anyone to emotionally abuse you. You should not be made to feel depressed and helpless in your own home, and again, we are so sorry that it’s been this way. It must feel very sad and lonely. If you ever need to reach out to us by phone or instant message in a really tough moment, we will be here. Our number is 1800-RUNAWAY or message us using the Chat feature on this website. We can also help you report abuse.

It sounds like you have a pretty good option for getting out of the house. One important thing to consider is that if you leave home without parental consent, it’s possible that your parent can report you as a runaway and you can be made to come back home. It may help to consider how you can best establish this new living arrangement while keeping everyone involved in the know. If it feels impossible or even just uncomfortable to talk to your parents yourself, you may consider getting a trusted adult involved, like another family member, or the parents of the person with whom you want to move in. If you feel like you want help doing this, you can reach out to us. We could even conduct a conference call with you and your parents over the phone to help you express your feelings and assert your needs.

We hope some of this is helpful to you during this really tough time. You sound like a very strong person, and we hope that you are able to find your strength as you move through this. Doing things you like to do for fun, talking to friends, and engaging in outdoor activities may help you cope with everything going on.

Stay safe and strong, and always feel free to reach out to us.

NRS

• Hey, I am 14 years old. I’m tired of living with my so called dad. I don’t know if I have a problem or anything but I don’t want to live here anymore and had the thoughts of running away. Mostly because I don’t get fed often. I feel like I have been live in crappy garbage all my life. I just want a different life for myself where I want to see my future. Over here I can’t do that with lack of support or care. All I know is that if I die today. No one will ever care or even notice. I don’t have any distant relatives I can can stay with. I’m always forced to be something I’m not and I’m never allowed to find who I am. This is 1 percent of my story but I seriously can’t stay here if I wan to be successful for myself. I’m not getting enough care or support. I really hope you can help me.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there thank you for reaching out,
      It seems like you are going through a tough situation when there isn’t enough food in the house and you are also feeling like you need to pretend who you are to stay safe at home. It’s understandable to feel lonely going through something so hard, but there are people out there who care for you and want to see you succeed. Reaching out for help from others can be hard and we are proud of you for starting by reaching out to us like this. We and other hotlines are there to help you out through this. There may be others around you who can help support you through this and just need to be asked for help.
      Generally not providing food for a child is neglectful, as such when there is no food in the house and your dad refuses to get you some you could report it to Child Services of your state and have an investigation begin. The result of this investigation could result in nothing, family counseling, a mandate for your dad to provide a certain amount of food, or even removal of you from the house for safety. For more information about child abuse you can go to https://www.childhelp.org/.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Honestly I can't lie... I have an okay life. I moved with my mom about a 2-3 months ago. And it's a living hell. I get to eat anything I want and she gets me things sometimes. and I have a boyfriend long distance almost an hour away and I have to get an Uber to go see him. but once she found out I was getting money from my dad .. she started telling me to ask him for more (I don't bc my dad needs it for rent) and she started using thing against me . I feel like a maid in my own house. all she does is tell at me . And I can't take it. I have depression and anxiety and she j smacks me all the time outta spite and always tells me what to do. like I can never do anything on my own. like I can't even decorate my room howni want to. I can't play the ps4 . nun of that. There's a lot more controlling things she do like use stuff against me seeing him and she threatens to take away my electronics that she did and does not pay for at all. J so I can't talk to him. I was wondering if I could leave my house somehowww. I'm about to be 17 in 2 months

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being smacked by your mom. That has to be hard to feel like you are completely controlled by her. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

If you haven't already, you might try to talk to your dad about living with him permanently. If he has some custody rights over you, it might be a possibility because at 16 years old, you generally have more of a say with what parent you want to live with in custody battles. If he needs any legal aid resources to help with the custody process, please do not hestitate to call or chat us for those resources.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

• I am not happy where I live I hate that all I can hear everyday is people shouting at everyone, my sisters yell at each other my parents yell at me I just feel so displaced at home what can I do?

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are frustrated with the way you and your family get along. We understand that sometimes things become so upsetting it’s hard to figure out a plan to cope with everything or everyone.
      You did a good job reaching out to NRS.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS

• I dont want to live with my mom anymore. She gets on my nerves and I cant stand her. She dosent care what I think of what my other siblings have to say bout her personal life. She got divorced 2 years ago (not my father) and when theh were getting a divorce she was getting text messages from him and every time we looked at her phone they were so inappropriate and disgusting. They started talking to eachother a few months ago. he got a motorcycle and named it after her and they been spending alot of time together and now she is sleeping together. I dont like him at all. He used to beat her a knock her out and she still got back together with him.and he's a alcoholic. And I cant live with my biological dad bc he's has anger problems and he's is bipolar and crazy and I hate him. My grandma on my dad's side died a couple of says ago and my mom is making it worse ro deal with her death. I need to live with someone else and I dont know what to do. If I asked my aunt to live with her she probaly would say yes but my mother wouldn't allow that. I'd rather be in foster care then live with her. I need help and I dont know what to do. Also I'm 15 almost 16 and live in Arkansas. And my moms has filed rrstraing orders against hsr ex husband bc he's threaten to kill ber and me and my siblings. J dont know what to do any more and I'm about to run away or something bc I cant stand it here

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live somewhere when your safety is not guaranteed. You deserve to feel safe and secure in your own home. Relationships where domestic violence is present can be really hard to leave for good and it sounds like your mom is currently struggling with that. If you or your mom want more information about how to stay safe or what steps to take to end the relationship you can call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233 or go to thehotline.org.

You mentioned a few things about your mom's ex-husband physically abusing her and making threats against your life and it causes concern for your safety and well being. If you are currently at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member (like your aunt) or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
Working...
X