Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I'm a 13 year boy who is bisexual I live with my godparents and I feel a lot of emotions but they are calling me stuff and they're calling stuff to my parents they hate me they mentally abuse me I want to run away I got everything ready but I don't have no money And no phone I only have laptop which has something that I can't see more thing like bad things or social things but I don't trust no one, and I was thinking on killing me but I was thinking so I rather run away I had run away before but they found me so I got back they use to hit me not badly but I didn't like it so they treat me like a slave and I can't no more so I'm running away tonight and so I just wanted to know what do I do if I don't have money how I get money so thats all.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

• hello and my sister hates me im skared because of covid 19 i live in alberta canada and have very bad asthma i have had 8 asthma attacks that i almost died from and am at very high risk that if i get it i will die im sad and depresed plz help and tell me what to do
    Last edited by ccsmod7; 05-28-2020, 02:59 PM. Reason: identifying info

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by providing you with a referral for your area as NRS only has information/referrals to serve the US in our data base.

For the Alberta, Canada you can dial 2-1-1 https://www.ab.211.ca/211-alberta-se...blog/covid-19/ or for Local Talk, Text or Chat Services for Albertans during the Covid19 crisis here are some services to provide support.
      Distress Line Edmonton & Northern Alberta (Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton Region)
      The Distress Line provides confidential, non-judgmental and short-term crisis intervention, emotional support and resources to people in crisis or distress. They also support family, friends and caregivers of people in crisis.
      Edmonton and Area (24/7): 780-482-HELP (4357)
      Toll-Free (24/7): 1-800-232-7288

You are not alone and we hope that this information will be helpful in you gaining the support services to fit your needs.

Take care,
      NRS

• This is a long story but yeah. A long time ago I lived with my moms mom because my mother was unstable and had to stay at a rehab. When she got out she took care of me while living at her moms house. They gave me everything I could have wanted a great home. They have only spanked me ONCE and that’s when ******** hit the fan. When I turned 7 my GREAT GRANDMA adopted me. I didn’t know what adoption even meant I just thought I had to stay there for a few days or something but as I stayed longer I realized..This was permanent. As I got older it got worse. She always got mad (and still does today) any absolutely nothing. She’s called me stuff and whenever we got into arguments (she still does this) calls anyone in her family and complains to her sister or anyone in her phone about me an embellishes the story. She’s always saying I don’t love her and don’t get me stared on my great grandpa. He yells so damn loud it makes me scared. In fifth grade I’ve tried to drown myself and my mind created these voices that brought my self esteem. She continued her behavior still. Now I’m 12 and this is still going on. A couple months ago I had worse suicidal thoughts and started cutting which made me resort into vaping ( WITH OUT NICOTINE ) I told a counselor at school about this and they called my grandma which made me extremely nervous. Instead of being sad and caring and understanding she was pissed off at me!!! Like WTF?! She sent me to a mental hospital Which scared me like crazy. I had no other choice but to call her and beggg her to let me come home after they made me take a blood test. I’m terrified of needles. They picked me up the same day and everything went worse. I’m planning to run away soon. When this virus is over I’m going to bring a second bag and right after prime time run like hell. And not look back. I really need to get out of here

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to NRS,
      It seems like you have been through a lot since you were adopted by your great grandparents. You deserve a place that supports you and makes you feel safe, instead of one that makes you feel suicidal and nervous. It’s understandable to feel like reaching out for help when things are that bad. It seems like the counselor and your family is concerned about your mental health. Yes your guardians shouldn’t have gotten mad at you for your feelings but they may have been trying to help but overreacted to your situation.
      It may be worth asking your school counselor for personal counseling and see if they have any resources along those lines. They don’t involve needles and usually just want to talk with you about things. Another resource we’d recommend is nami.org which focuses on mental illness and how to help. Another one is https://twloha.com/ which focuses on self-harm and finding hope in tough situations.
      It seems like your guardians are verbally abusive it may be worth looking into child abuse reporting at childhelp.org for more information about your options there. Your guardians shouldn’t be pushing you to the point that you feel like cutting and vaping to deal with the situation.
      Hopefully this information is helpful for you and we want to say again that we care about you and believe you are worthy of support. We hope you are able to get the support you need. If you have questions or just need someone to talk to please reach out to our online chat or our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

• Hello I’m 12 turning 13 in about 5 months. My sister tried to push me down the stairs. My mom pushed me so I pushed her and she told my sister to kill me. My dad always yells and swares at me. I have wanted to leave my house since I can even remember. Please help me and tell me what I should do. And I don’t want to love with them but I don’t know how to leave my house.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don’t deserve to be abused by family members. It’s not your fault that they are doing this. If you would like to report the abuse you might consider contacting Child help 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org
      Another option if you’re feeling unsafe and need a safe place to go and talk to someone, you may wish to visit The National Safeplace website (www.nationalsafeplace.org). This organization provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there are any safe places near you listed. So that is always an option if you feel like talking to someone in person about what has been going on or if you just need a safe place to stay.

You also may use your phone to text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 44357. If there are safe places and shelters nearby, a list of those will be sent to your phone and you may have the option to text back and forth with a trained counselor as well.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 and seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe and take care,
      NRS

• I don't want to live with my parents anymore

I've been going through a lot of emotional pain since i was 8 years old. I've had the thought thru my mind of run away since then, but never actually tried to run away because I didn't have no where to go. For the past 2 weeks I've cried in the shower and cried myself to sleep many times. I know that my pain comes from my parents because I will never be good enough for them. Everything i do they only see the mistake i did. Every time i get the idea of running away I feel in peace i don't feel pain in my chest or in my head. Yesterday i was talking to my best friend about how i felt and the fact that i wanted to run away. She offered me to stay at her house and stay as long as i wish. The problem is that i don't want her to get in trouble or her mom. I'm grateful that he was kind enough to offer her help but i also don't want my parents to know where im at because i don't want to see them. I don't want to know anything about them . They have caused me so much pain for the pass years and I honestly have no love for them. The love i once had isn't there anymore. I really want to run away from my family and live with my best friend. I don't want anything to do with my family.
    Please help me i dont know what to do

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share a post on our Bulletin. It sounds like the pressure and stress your parents have been creating at home is making you feel like you need to leave. Leaving can be a big decision to make, but we want you to know that we are here as a support for you during this difficult time.

Having a support system can be really important. Your friend sounds like a very supportive person to lean on when you need it. A helpful start would be to also reach out to other friends, family, members or a counselor at school. Sometimes having a safe place to talk through things can help you brainstorm ideas you had not thought of previously. One of these people may also be able to help you speak with your parents as a mediator. Often having an adult to advocate on your behalf can make it easier to communicate your needs to your parents. You can also text "connect" to 741741 to speak with a crisis counselor 24/7. Your mental health deserves to be a priority as well as your physical safety.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

• I don’t wanna live with my mother and sister anymore we’ve been arguing a lot and she don’t care about what I think she only cares about me doing good in school and being nice to people. And she always think I’m to addicted to playing video games and say I never help out when I do and she also gets mad at me for not being able to understand stuff because of slow processing and lack of memory is their a place I can call to take me to a new home,if their is please tell me

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to NRS
      It seems like you are in a frustrating situation and don’t feel like you are being listened to while your mom and sister are too busy arguing. It’s got to be hard when it seems like your mom only cares about your grades and helping out around the house instead of listening to you and your needs.
      It seems like you would like her to be more understanding and empathetic that it takes you a while to process and remember things. It’s understandable to feel like you want to find a new place with someone more supportive to care for you. There isn’t really a number that you can call that will bring you to a new home right away. The option that comes to mind would be contacting Child Protective Services and explaining the situation. If they agree that your home isn’t safe they would potentially put you into foster care, or a group home, away from your family.
      If you have more questions please reach out to our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us online at 1800runaway.org.

• hi im 16 almost 17 I live in a house were im the only daughter and I get treated differently my aunt lives with us and so do her son my aunt talks about me like my weight and calls me names and my mom picks and mess with every sore or pimple on my body I do chores all day by myself I ran away before but they found me 6 days later I have a boyfriend who is 18 and his mother is willing to take me as her own but im scared legal action would be put against his mother I used to have suicide thought but every since I my boyfriend every things has changes he's the only reason im still going I tried to kill myself before I met him when I ran away the first time I cant live with my dad he doesn't really care about me sometimes I wonder if remembers I exist he checks on my older brother but not me and my brother isnt even his son what should i do please help

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on at home. You definitely do not deserve to be treated that way or be called names. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. This could be the case with your boyfriend and his mom if they allow you to stay with them. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• I don't want to live her anymore

I know my room loves me but I also feel alone all the time , I want a new family I want to be adopted and my dad lives in other city I stay at his house same weekend but I also don't really have a bond with my dad he just buys me things he also has a girlfriend its not that I don't like her its just I don't ever have time to spend with my dad cause his either " working " or with his girlfriend and she has kids which make it even worse because if we do something all of them have to come .

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you would like to look into further support options, you can text with a crisis worker at the National Alliance on Mental Illness 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• I’m 16 and having some trouble at home and would like to stay somewhere else

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Sounds like things at home are pretty stressful. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you call or chat us, we can try to brainstorm your options for where you can go if you do leave home. We can look for local runaway and homeless youth shelters if you need a safe place to go. We can also talk through your situation and help brainstorm your options for working on changes at home. We can also talk through what it could generally look like legally for you if you do decide to run. Please know we are here to support you as best we can.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

• I don't want to live with my parents as treat me badly.They slap and hit me with anything for things which is not that troublesome.They be nice but they have a bad side.I have a younger sibling that gets beaten like me and we actually thought about running away.It is that they think I am a useless person and sometimes I ave bad grades.If I was in a better family which love me,I would actually be happy.I live in Dartford. I also started getting beaten at the age of 5 and now I am 11.I am surviving for 6 years so want to run away.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• A year ago I made the impulsive decision to go to a friends house and just chill for an hour or two, when I got home my parents were furious that I didn’t tell them and I can understand why. I know I can make bad choices but since then I’ve been respectful responsible and haven’t broken any of there rules. It’s now the 11th month of me not being able to sleep over anywhere or have anyone over to my own house. I’ve gone out a few times in the weekends but I get a limited amount of time and must always be home before 2 pm. I’m 16 and feel trapped. I’ve never snuck out at night or done drive or drank, I’m a good kid but this house has suffocated me to the point where I am now anorexic and hurt myself. I don’t want to milk myself but I dont know if I can go much longer under there rules. I don’t lie, I don’t do anything bad, but they’ve never said their proud of me or that they trust me.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now, and we want you to know you are not alone.
      It can be really frustrating to not have any freedom especially since you have been following their rules. One option to consider is to talk to your parents about how you are feeling, and maybe they would be willing to bend the rules a little or extend your curfew to a later time. Also another option could be speaking with a counselor about what you are going through. They may be able to help you explore options.
      We hope that this information will help you with your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide you support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• Hello, Ive been trying to leave my parents house for a while now. I suffer with depression and my house hold isn't helping me get through this. My mom is constantly pushing me away and she is always cursing and yelling at me. My dad has little to no interest in my life, he only cares when my life is at stake and then when he knows im ok he goes back to doing his own thing. My little brother fought me yesterday and he pushed me into a fan causing me to hurt my ankle. No one was there to support me after that situation. I currently have no phone and no accessibility to talk to my friends that usually help me through situations like this. My mom took my phone after my failed suicide attempt. I was sent away and i was actually happy where i stayed at.. i felt like they actually cared about me. I live in a small state and have no family here. Would it be possible for me to live with friends until i find a secure place to stay until college? I am 16 and a jr in high school. Im planning to go to college and start a new life there. I have no interest in my parents or my little brother. I do favor some of my other siblings but my health is at stake here. I have been through traumatic situations, my distant brother murdered someone, my god father has amnesia, i have one grandparent left, ive been cheated on or hurt in every relationship, my only uncle recently had a stroke, ive been sexually harassed, abused, and came to many near death experiences. I cant possibly tell my whole story. I just need a good environment to grow and heal in. I never had a chance to heal these wounds and thats what my body needs right now. Please get back to me asap. I need to get out of here.

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

It was very brave of you to reach out to us here at NRS and we appreciate you sharing about your situation. It sounds like there has been more trauma, stress, and struggle going on at home than you ever deserve to have to endure. It's totally understandable to want to leave and find a healthier environment and more positive community to surround yourself with. You deserve to be treated with respect and to have that space to heal.

Your resilience is admirable and reaching out is a great first step to getting any support you may need. You mentioned wanting to get some space from home and eventually enroll in college. This is an excellent goal to have and going away to school can certainly be that opportunity you are looking for to start healing and growing from all of this.

Leaving home as a minor can be a big decision to make and it can come with it's own difficulties. If you leave home without permission, your parents can report you as a runaway to the police. This is not something you would be arrested for, but there is a possibility that police would return you home. We do want to encourage you to take whatever steps you feel are necessary to regain your safety, but this can be something to keep in mind. Sometimes having a safe place to talk about what's going on can bring about other solutions and ideas you had not thought of previously. We want to talk more in-depth with you about your plans and what support you think you need so that we can better help you and brainstorm your options together. You can reach us directly any time by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat at 1800runaway.org. We are here 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
      NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod13; 06-03-2020, 07:34 PM.

• I'm 12 and I don't wanna live at home anymore

I don't wanna live at home because my mom is making me move to California when I wanna stay with my family. My mom says that she always wanted to live in California but I think the real reason she wants to live there is that her online boyfriend lives there. She even went to California to look for a house when she came back she said shes engaged and has a fiance she said the same thing with the last guy and things didn't work out I don't think my mother is getting it her love life is over but she keeps on getting a boyfriend. My mother doesn't care how I feel about the situation she only cares about how she feels. I told her I wanted my own room but she got a three-bedroom apartment and wants me to share a room with my sister when she can find a better place where we live she texts her boyfriend all-day and never wants to even hang out with her children. We live with are grandmother and she takes care of us more than is mom I ask my mom can I say with my grandmother and she said shes always at work and stuff so I can't live with her. My mom doesn't even take care of us I've basically raised my own siblings. My mother is very messy but when we mess up she yells at us say bad words to us but we were only copying what she does now I'm a messy person all because of her the school has called cps on us tons of times and if we didn't lie she would say we would go to a foster home and get raped there none of us wanted that so we lied. I don't want to live with my mom anymore and I don't have a place to stay with my family members because they will probably ask a lot of questions and make me go back home with her I just wanna get out of this house and go somewhere where people actually care how I feel. I have 3 siblings and they might wanna stay with my mother but I would like to leave as soon as possible but I'm also scared because of COVID 19 I'm not sure if that is possible for me to leave home. Please get me out of this house
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 06-06-2020, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything that has been going on. Moving can sometimes be a difficult change to adjust to. It also sounds like the relationship with your mother has been strained due to past and current issues.
      The situation sounds very frustrating for you. We’re glad you reached out. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care.
      It is times like these that it might be nice to have some comfort of a listening ear.
      NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      We would be glad to speak with you about strategies or options that might help you to cope better with your situation.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Sometimes having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more about your situation and we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

You did a wonderful job reaching out today. Good for you.
      We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 06-06-2020, 02:12 AM.

• Hi
    well,i dont know how to start.
    My mom died 3 years ago and my father
    ,grandma,My brother and me living.my grandma of 67 years .Now she is unable to take care of us.My father want either him remarry or me.but i want to set my career.There are some dreams that i want to fulfill them.
    The main thing that i dont want to live with either of them.please suggest me what should i do next .Please as soon as.
    thank you

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
      NRS

• I don't want to live with my parents... They aren't happy with each other they fight after one day interval and use such words which are a threat to morality... They abuse each other with slangs they don't realise the amount of niose they create for which the problem gets public...i am 21 a college student.... It's been 10 years I am being through this stuff cannot handle it anymore..... It's like if someone makes a strong sound also I feel my parents are fighting and that sacres me to my heart...... I don't know how many days can I continue this I really want to live on my own in peace

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Since you are 21, you are considered a legal adult and can leave home whenever you wish. We know that it can be hard to leave home and it could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself and let them know how their actions are affecting you.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Stay safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X