Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate my family

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have a tough situation going on with your family. It shows a lot of bravery that you reached out to us.

It sounds like you might be coping with a very frustrating situation at home. We are always here to listen and brainstorm ideas with you to help you figure out what you'd like to do. We are here to support you and we never tell anyone what to do.The best way for us to help is if you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at www.1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
      NRS
      Last edited by ccsmod16; 11-16-2019, 09:36 AM.

• My mom and I are always fighting, either its a big fight or a small fight. I understand that sometimes I do dumb things to get into trouble, and I get punished for them. Most adults think I want to leave home because of that but that is not the reason. My mom is African american, she may vary from how other parents act. She calls me ugly, fat, dumb. It hurts my feelings a lot, I feel lost and alone. I tried doing research on what I am feeling and all I got was something called "emotional abuse". I don't really understand it. But I read the effects. My mom yells a lot, and I mean a lot, I get scared over the smallest things now. I even started to feel like I have anxiety. I'm scared, always sad or mad. My father is an inmate, there is not much he can do. Christmas is coming up, the new start of the new year is almost here. I want to be in a new family. I cant take it anymore, my heart is always beating fast, I'm always scared of what might happen next. I have been going on so many diets to the point i might just starve myself. I just want to feel loved, happy, and if it means a new family then I shall take it. I need advice on how I should tell her. How to have her put me up for adoption and find me a new family because I am pretty sure they are parents who cant have kids that might want me, they may treat me better then she ever has.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a tough time at home. It’s understandable that you would want to leave your household especially if your mom is always yelling at you and calling you names. You don’t deserve to be talked to in that way. It does sound like your mom could be emotionally abusive. It is basically when someone says hurtful things to you and is constantly criticize you.
      You mentioned experiencing emotional abuse which may be reportable against your mom. Please keep in mind you by no means deserve any type of abuse, emotional or otherwise. Unfortunately, emotional abuse is often harder to provide evidence for compared to physical abuse which is often what CPS relies on when conducting an abuse investigation. That said, we can’t be 100% sure what the outcome will be if your local CPS decides to open a case based on what you share. Sometimes CPS decides to remove minors from the home and other times they offer services such as family counseling or mediation instead. The only way to know the outcome might be to reach out to them directly and if you’re ready to do that we are here to help you through that process. Reaching out to Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 or www.childhelp.org may help to get a better understanding of what may happen before and after a report is made.
      As far as putting you up for adoption, your mom would have to relinquish her rights as your legal guardian for you to become a ward of the state. Then you would have to either be place with family or in the foster system if no one is able to adopt you. It may be best to try and talk to a guidance counselor, family member or someone about how you are feelings and then have them help you have a conversation with your mom. We hope this helps. Please reach out if we can offer any further support.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I cannot be myself...
    Im not exactly sure where to begin, but i guess i’ll make it short and sweet. So basically i lived with my mom in augusta ga for almost 3 years but we used to live in west palm beach Fl. When i moved here i met a guy and to this day have been in a relationship with him for a year and a few months, since September 24, 2018. i guess it’s important to inform you that i am a guy that dates a guy, also that i’m 16. Initially my mom was ok with me being gay, well even saying that is a bit far bc she would always have her comments, and exchange words with me such as “f******". But what really set her off was when she found out that me and my boyfriend had “intercourse in her house,” as she’d say it. Meanwhile she was allowing him to come over to the house for PERIODS at a time, and i mean week, so with that being said, theres no way the thought of intimate behaviors between me and my boyfriend never crossed her mind. I understand and take full responsibility for my actions but theres something about my mom that people dont know and its that she’s verbally abusive and hates homosexuals same goes for my dad. Me and her got into it really bad bc she found out i wasn’t going to break up with my boyfriend simply bc she wanted me to and leave him alone. I cant do that, I don’t value her love anymore than i do his, i love both of them but that doesn’t mean one can over throw the other. As of yesterday i am living with my dad in west palm beach fl bc my mom found out that i was meeting up with my bf during after hours. She sent me to live here bc she couldn’t control my love life and wanted me to suffer here with my extremely homophobic father. i tried to tell my dad years ago about me being gay but he didn’t want to believe it, therefore i just refrained from trying to tell him. Im to the point where all this stressing i’m doing is going to cause me to run away and sleep at a ********ing bus stop. I could go live with my bfs family but my mom is a schizophrenic maniac. I know i could wait until im 17 and get emancipated but i cant wait, i need to get out now before i end up driving my self to do something i cant turn back on.
    Last edited by ccsmod0; 11-18-2019, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      It sounds like you're in a really tough situation, feeling like you're not really accepted by either your father or mother. How she's talking to you is not okay, and you definitely don't deserve to be treated that way by anyone simply because of who you love.
      You're wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your mom's permission.That might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your mom. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

• I’m 17 Turing 18 in January. My parents are divorced and I currently live with my mom and can’t live with my dad, but my mom and her husband are both non supportive and just down talk me all the time that’ll I won’t be anything in life and I really can’t take it anymore I need to move out even if it means running away but the problem is I have no where to go or have anyone to turn to for help.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• ok, sooooo this is not for me, this is for a friend

she is having a very difficult time with her parent's rn. I would support a home for her, but my parents wouldn't approve. she's been asking me to look for some way to find a safe place that wouldn't separate us, please help

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your friend is faced with right now and you’re wanting to find a way to help them as they mentioned wanting to to run away and you want to help provide a home for her. It’s great that your friend has support and concern from you especially since this time is quite difficult for them.
      Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.
      Take care,
      NRS

• Hi,
    i live with my parents and my brother.i love my mom and my brother dearly,but my dad seems to make it his life goal to hate me until I hate myself.Anything I do,he is never proud of.he always looks for the negative things about me,he’s never admitted to being wrong or apologized for making mistakes,in fact,whenever I point out something that he’s trying to use against me,he gets made.He takes away the very little privileges that I have and he verbally abuses me to the point we’re I’m contemplating just moving out,but I don’t know where I’d go.please help me

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now, especially your dad and you mentioned being verbally abused. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I’m 16 with 2 kids I really need to move out of my parents house we have no hot water our kitchen roof leakes and falls apart other room and holes in the roof
    i hate living here my mums a hoarder so there stuff everywhere my dads mean he smoke my family always making comments about my parenting I need me and my kids out somewhere safe I need help and advice please

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for contacting NRS and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. We are sorry to hear things are so unstable at home. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and supported.

You know best when leaving is the right decision for you. We would be happy to connect you with youth shelters in your area if you call our hotline or use our online chat services. Shelters can provide a safe place to stay and often have relationships with transitional living programs. TLPs are long term housing programs that can support you while you work toward living independently.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. Talking more in detail about your situation would make sure we can brainstorm your possible options with you and best help you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

NRS

• i don’t want to live under the same roof as my mother anymore please help idk what to do i can’t stay here any longer

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks for contacting NRS and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you with figuring out your next steps in this difficult situation. Asking for help was really responsible and smart of you. We are sorry to hear things are so unstable at home. You deserve to live somewhere that makes you feel safe and supported.

We are available 24/7 to support you and connect you with resources. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. Talking more in detail about your situation would make sure we can brainstorm your possible options with you and best help you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

NRS

• I cannot stand my parents.

my parents are divorced. My mom is psycho and my dad is a man whore. My mother used to physically and verbally abuse me all the time so I moved in with my dad, everything was fine until he started dating. He met this one chick who is really bad on drugs like crack and meth, she’s been in and out of jail. She got pregnant right before getting with my dad and tried to say the baby was his and dragging him into this big legal situation. Once we found the baby wasn’t his, he didn’t speak to her for a while, but he’s started bringing her around again. I hate her. And he knows it. I cannot stand to be around them. When she’s not around he’s got other women around. I’ll bring my boyfriend over and I can’t leave him alone with my dad or he’ll end up showing my boyfriend some pictures ladies have sent him recently. It’s disgusting the way he talks about women. He’ll talk about it like it’s a causal thing but lord forbid I hug my boyfriend in front of him. I try every thing I can to be away from home, but he gets mad about it and will ground me to the house for weeks at a time because he doesn’t want me gone, but when I’m there he’s yelling at me asking why I’m not gone???

i dunno. I can’t stand it. I can’t live with my mom either because of past situations. None of my other relatives are financially stable enough to support a kid either. I also have two siblings but they seem perfectly happy. I guess it’s just where I’m the oldest I see everything wrong with the situation. i want to get out, I want to move as far away from
    them as possible. I am only 16 though.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We know it can be difficult to talk about the things you are experiencing at home. It sounds like you've been through quite a lot between living with your mom and then your dad. Living in his house sounds like it is making you really uncomfortable and feel like leaving is the only way out.

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents, specifically your dad. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• I feel depressed all the time. I cry myself to sleep most time. I feel like I don’t fit in my family. I just always feel alone. My big brothers have left home and I’ve just been feeling depressed all the time. Things have happened in the past that I don’t really talk about. My family always think I am okay but deep down I am not. Finding out my mum wasn’t my actual mum really broke me. I always feel like a laughing stork. Back in college was my worse days I couldn’t cope. I never passed my GCSE which just adds to every problem. I’m always the one to get in trouble at home a lot. My family don’t trust me no more. My mum is always bring about the past and how am I supposed to move forward. One time she found out about me and a certain guy because that guy messaged my family that I had been seeing him. He only did that because I had enough of him. My mum just thought it was all my fault and that I was harassing him. Deep down she never knew what was going on. That guy used to black-mail me saying I should meet him or he’ll send inappropriate pictures of me to my family. He even showed to my house once but luckily my parents were not in. I always feel like to just runaway but I don’t have the courage. Back in college my teachers could see I was not okay and she was willing to speak to my parents but I was so scared. Just recently my dad got really angry at me about something said some awful things to me. I am really sad all the time. They keep telling me how much of a failure I am. Always putting me down. I wish I never existed.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time. It must be hard to feel so sad and alone all the time and not have anyone to talk to about it. Maybe going to therapy or finding a friend, guidance counselor or someone to talk to about what you are experiencing could help alleviate some of that loneliness. It’s really important to have a support system when you are going through a lot at home. You can always contact NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) if you ever need to talk or are in a crisis by texting NAMI to 741741. Also if you ever feel like harming yourself or others contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255. If you want to discuss this further and go over other options you may have you can give us a call at 1800-RUNAWAY. Best of luck with everything. Be safe!

• Right now I live with my mom, dad, and sister. I hate my parents. Well, maybe not hate but strongly dislike them. My life has been really hard recently. I'm a freshman in high school this year, and I've been struggling with friendships, drama, marching band and grades. I moved here 2 years ago and lost my Nana to cancer that same year. I had to move away from all of my family and friends. I've been suffering silently until recently. This year, on top of starting high school, my dad got cancer and he is just now getting better. My best friend's mom also has cancer right now and it's terminal and we don't know how much longer she has. I don't even get to see my best friend anymore because she lives back where I used to live and I feel like we're growing apart. I'm struggling badly with insecurities about myself. I was struggling with suicidal thoughts and wanting to run away. My boyfriend told my parents, and I started seeing a counselor. I thought things were getting better. My bad thoughts were decreasing, and I was becoming more open with my parents. But the last few weeks I've been getting worse. My thoughts are so bad right now. I don't want to live at home. Maybe not at all. Everyone says I need to talk to my parents but it doesn't help. If I tell them how I've been feeling recently, they will act fine when people are around but when they leave, my mom cries like crazy. My dad yells at me and my mom and demands answers from me.And my sister gets sent out of the house or to her room. They make me feel guilty. Last time I accidentally lost it and started crying and saying I wasn't sure if I wanted to live at home anymore. My mom cried, and my dad yelled at me,. He was raging saying how I can't treat them like that. They kept me home from school, and my dad demanded answers but I wasn't sure how to explain how I was feeling. Then for days my parents would tell me how they can't sleep eat or work because of me. That was before I started counseling. I've started being more open with my parents. My mom especially. But it's not changing anything. I told them how I wanted them to stop getting on to me so much about grades, and give me more freedom. They say they'll work on it but they don't. I'll give them some credit. They did stop reading my texts. But they literally check everything else. I'm afraid to post this right now. I told my mom that it bothers me how much she asks about school work. Literally she will ask about the same test like 5 times that day. She talks to me about something and literally asks me about it again after school that day. She doesn't give me time to work on anything. I told her last Thursday and she's literally doing it again today. I told her that it bothers me that she has to check on me 24/7 and always worry about how I'm feeling. She literally hasn't done anything to fix it. I'm 15 and they won't let me have my phone in my room at night even though I just want to listen to music, meditate, or text my counselor or boyfriend if I need to. Literally my boyfriend is the only one who actually makes me happy and that I can trust right now. But they are afraid to let me go to his house or be alone with him so we don't get to spend much time together. They say they aren't overprotective but I feel like they are. They don't leave me alone. I feel like I can't be myself. I can't go to them about things. I don't feel comfortable with them. Literally school feels more like home than my house which is weird because I feel like I don't have friends and I feel like I don't belong anywhere. I don't want to move back to live with my other family. I want to keep going to the school I go to now, and live in the same area and see my boyfriend and counselor. I feel like I have nowhere to go. If I ask my parents they probably won't let me leave. I don't know what to do. I'm lost and I'm stuck. My thoughts of running away and suicide are increasing rapidly. Please if you have any suggestions tell me. I really hope my parents don't see this because I'm afraid once I tell someone my parents are going to make my life hell. I feel so guilty about feeling this way. I'm a horrible person.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. You can also text "NAMI" to 741741, and you will be able to text with a crisis worker when you can't get ahold of your counselor or boyfriend.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• my mom is so strict and locks my phone till i am done with extra math that i do not need to do and yells at me for no reason sometimes.i love her but she just gets annoying and makes me mad and some night i cry my self to sleep

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us at NRS and sharing a bit about your situation. It sounds like your mom's strict rules and tendency to yell has been making home quite stressful for you. It is okay to love your parent and still acknowledge how their behavior and communication styles are not always the best for your well-being. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel supported and cared for.

Sometimes having a safe space to talk about how we are feeling can help get the tough feelings out and make sure you are getting the support that you need. Perhaps you could talk to another family member or someone at school like a counselor or a social worker. You could even write a letter to your mom explaining how you feel when she treats you like this. Then all of your thoughts and feelings can be out on paper and it is up to you if you let your mom read it or not.

We are here 24/7 if you would like to talk more about your situation at home. We can be a support for you and a listening ear if you call us at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

Good luck,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X