Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, for two years now, I've been beat and I'm tired of coming in and out of this house just to get abuse. I want to live with someone else close to me but I know I won't be able to. I've ran away last year but the police found me. I recently got adopted as well, I'm 14. I just can't stand it here anymore. I wish I could get custody from someone else.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like home life has been difficult and unsafe for quite some time now and it's got to be overwhelming at exhausting and it makes sense that you'd want out of the situation. If you are currently at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You mentioned that you were recently adopted and that you've been beaten for two years. If you were working with a social worker prior to the adoption you may want to contact them to alert them to what's going on. You can also file a new child abuse report regarding this abuse. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody (perhaps the person close to you that you mentioned).

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• My Mom Won’t do anything..

I’m sorry I don’t know if guests are allowed to reply but I don’t know how to register.

We’ve been moving from couch to couch for around two years now and while i’m always well fed and decently taken care of my mom doesn’t spend much time with me anymore, rather going on social media and lounging all day, she refuses to get a job and I feel like at some point we won’t have anywhere to go because every time we leave somewhere it’s on bad terms.. I’ve had to take care of her in the past and sometimes she can just be so mentally draining, I often find myself depressed and cutting myself to distract myself.

I don't have friends anymore and no where to go, plus i have a little kitten i’m afraid will be taken away from me if I consider going anywhere with the law and at this point she’s my lifeline, else I gut myself.

I also am to young to drive, i’ve considered online jobs with my age range in mind but I don’t have a bank, card, or mailing address (it changes to often to be stable).

The constant breaking and fighting in her relationships has ruined my concept of love, I hate people, and I think everyone’s a danger now. To afraid to walk outside at day.

When she’s not in the right mind she’ll verbally abuse me and others around her, I love her so, so much but I just can’t take it anymore, she’s cried with me and we’ve been through so many things together but i’m a burden at this point, i know she wants to be ‘young and free’ but I also know it would break her heart If I left and as I write this I can’t help but cry through it. I’m the only child she has left but I just can’t take it anymore.

Not to mention i’m afraid of authority, bad experiences that make my stomach churn.

I’ll probably be moving to another place by tomorrow, the reason i’ve been finally pushed to post this somewhere for professional advice, she ruined a very stable thing because of her selfishness, we even had a house being built for us, she didn’t need to do anything except be sober and happy but.. I guess thats to much to ask for from her. - I even try to talk to her about it, getting a job at least but no, we’re dependents full time now. It makes me feel useless sitting and sleeping on someone’s couch all day doing nothing, feeling nothing, I use to play outside and go to public school but ever since it’s started that’s all gone, I go to cyber school and do dishes, though that’s partially my fault, I have panic attacks when i’m surrounded by people sometimes.

One thing I can thank isolation for though is my ability to write , that’s 68% of what I do all day now, sit here all day reading and writing, being useless.

I might have one options to go to but i’m intimidated by them, my sisters side of the family, the ones that have her now, I feel like she’ll hate me and I won’t be what they expect me to be.

I’ve wanted to write this so many times before, but then my sadness runs out and i put my roses glasses back on, enjoy the little ‘life’ I have and then get broken again to run back here.. sometimes it makes me feel like i’m growing another one of me, talking to myself and switching from here to there, it’s unhealthy i know, i can’t stop it, i want a little bit of control somewhere in my life, maybe this is it, even if it gets me thrown into a whirlwind of pain and misery at least i made this decision. I’m sorry to bore you with such a long read but I needed someone to hear me and hopefully listen.

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS and sharing a bit about what has been going on. It can be really scary to ask for help and you were very brave to contact NRS. From what you mentioned, you have been trying your best to take care of your self even though your mom has not been providing you with a stable and healthy living environment. Parents are supposed to take care of us and it can be really overwhelming when the adults in our lives are not supportive.

You do not have to go through this alone and we truly want to be a support for you during this challenging situation. We can best help you through phone or chat and we are available 24/7. We can talk more in depth about your situation if you would like and brainstorm some options together. We hope to hear from you soon, so that we can help!

Be safe,
      NRS

• i cant stand my dad, will not let me do anything, threatens me and says he doesnt care if i dont eat,kill myself or anything, i dont want to be here anymore and i am 14, please help me get away and be able to do things

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through an awful situation. You do not deserve to be told such mean things especially by your father. This seems like it can be emotionally abusive you can make a report by contacting Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. Another option to consider is talking with your school counselor about what has been going on.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• I think I'm going insane and I need help. My whole life has been a ******** show my oldest brother did drugs and convinced me to steal from stores for him. He made both my parents give up on the rest of us and now I don’t know where he lives and haven't seen him in years. My mom is never home and my dad try's to parent us but he can’t and I don’t blame him. My other brother treats me like I am trash all the time he calls me gay stupid retarded etc. I don’t even know why. I never talk to him I stay in my room to avoid him and my little sister actually. Like I'd just be getting food and they'd call me a fat ass even though I'm 16 and only weigh 120 pounds. They both spread rumors about me at school and because of that people avoid me. I don’t have many friends so I'm always at home and I can’t take their crap anymore. When I tell my little sister to stop she tells me to just do her a favor and kill myself. When I was in 7th grade I got hit by a car and they both told me they laughed when they heard about it. I don’t know what I did for them to hate me so much I try not to even talk to them. They get me so mad and sad all the time that I've started to have crazy thoughts but I don’t want to hurt anyone I just want to be left alone. I hate them both and am gonna never see them again once I'm 18.I keep telling myself I could struggle through this for a few more years but I cant. I’m almost 16 and I can’t wait any longer I need help I don’t wanna be around people who hate me I want to leave please tell me how.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-01-2019, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod4
      ccsmod4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
      We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about you situation and how it makes you feel.
      You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
      NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.
      You don’t deserve to be called names and be disrespected by your siblings.
      It’s not your fault that they choose to behave the way that they do.
      We do understand that it must be frustrating for you.

We are here to listen and here to help.
      Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out measures for coping previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail , please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

Take care,
      NRS

• I don’t feel loved or needed at my house when I say something that my mom doesn’t like she gets extra and at this point I’m tired of her and her bs she makes it to where I don’t even want to live or come home she has hit me a few times and when I said I wanted to kill myself she got the extension cord and tied bit around my neck it’s getting annoying and she is really bipolar bc she was just happy buying me stuff and now she is saying the rudest things I’m not happy where I am and I want to leave

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I am not in the position I want to be in right now at the moment. I don’t live with my dad and he isn’t really there for me , I’ve been living with my mama my whole life but as I’m getting older and maturing she’s getting older and acting immature. Last year we went through a hard time because we got put out of where we stayed and so she picked up another job to get us an apartment . While we were staying in the apartment , she got pregnant. So of course I was angry because I am 16 with two siblings already and she just got pregnant with twins when she could barely take care of the three she had. I am still 16 and she forces me to watch HER babies. she lies about everything and I just can’t take it because I feel like I’m going to burst if I don’t get away from her, she doesn’t let me have much of a social life and when I was working she was taking my money and never replacing it. I also take advanced courses in school and she doesn’t acknowledge the fact that I have more work than the average student so I’m really going through a tough time cause she also keeps bringing random people into our house even though she keeps promising that she’ll stop. I really just want to leave this household.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - it sounds like your mom is putting a lot on your plate and it's got to be overwhelming. It seems like your mom isn’t fully understanding you when you are trying to relay your thoughts and feelings about your current situation and how much you have going on. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your mom so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• I can't live with my family anymore. None of them care none! They say they do yet they don't. I may cut i haven't for like a year then yesterday i cut twice why because the thought of my still living with these people called "family" hurt made me remember everything that has happened and that's a lot. I just want to be loved. I want someone to care for me that's not my friends. I want them to care. You have no idea how much I wanted to run away or just end it because of them so many times. Yet i try so hard to think as soon as i'm 18 i can leave change everything even how i look because looking at myself reminds me other the women i call a "mother" and i hate that. Why i just wanna know why can't they love me?!? I just wanna live with my friend because she cares her family is more of family then mine has ever been. I may be 13 almost 14 yet I've wanted to leave since i was 8. Please your my last hope its either you help or i'll leave please just help me get into a better house a better family. I really hope you help me heck i'm crying right now because i think i'm getting into trouble tomorrow because of my cuts and its not like my "mom" cares she just doesn't like the fact that she thinks i'm "copping" my sisters please please just help me. My family are just crazy drug addicts and i need out soon please and thank you.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

It takes a lot of bravery and courage to share your story with others, thank you so much for telling us a little bit about what home has been like for you. You deserve to feel loved and supported wherever you go. It's great to hear that your friends are able to show you the affection that is you aren't feeling at home. You mentioned that you started cutting again after We know that stressors like this can be overwhelming at times and it sounds like you have turned to self-injury as a way to cope. It’s totally understandable that you would want to do something to give you a feeling of power and control when you may feel hopeless. To Write Love on Her Arms is an organization dedicated to supporting people who use this coping mechanism on their road to self-realization and recovery. You can check them out by going to https://twloha.com/. You can also check out the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) for some additional support. You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741.

At the end of your message, you made a comment about how members of your family are drug addicts. It can be really hard to live with someone who struggles with addiction. We want you to know that you are not alone. If you’d like to talk to other young people who are dealing with friends or family members who have usage problems you can check out Narateeb. You can find more information about this support group, or find a local meeting here: https://www.nar-anon.org/narateen. If you feel like this is interfering with your safety and well-being there may be some neglect going on which you have the right to report. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• I don’t want to live with my parents anymore

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

• please help me

i dont want to live here anymore and the only reason why is because of my brother he treats me like i am nothing he is a total slob and makes me do everything he sits down on his video games and plays all day then when something is missing because he is careless he blames it on me and i have stolen in the past but i shouldnt be hit because of something that i did wrong i shouldnt be verbally abused anymore but i do i have to deal with it at home from my brother and my mom just sits there and listens she doesnt stick up for me and you know what is sucks the most that my mom wont stand up for me she says she will always help me and be there but where is she she is never here but she is here physcially i just wish that i would never had a brother like this man he is a horrible person he has hurt his girl before and he has anger issues and he takes them out on me i wish that i would be with my friend or that my brother would just die or disappear so i dont have to deal with him anymore

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did.
      It sounds like things are really hard and stressful for you at home. You don’t deserve to be hit and verbally abused by anyone, and certainly not by your brother. It is understandable that you want your brother to go away since he only hurts and scares you. It sounds like your mom doesn’t do anything to help you and that your brother’s anger issues and violence have affected her too.
      If she is afraid of him, that might explain why she is unable to keep you safe. Maybe you can talk with her about it and ask if you can spend more time with your friend; maybe your friend’s parents would let you stay over some weekends.
      We are here for you to talk this over. You can contact us by our phone hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or via live chat through www.1800runaway.org
      We hope this helps and that we will hear from you soon.
      Sincerely,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X