Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this abuse

hi I want to reach out to people like me I hate my parents they make me want to leave there house ( I am 10 btw ) and I can’t do anything about it because of my age they call me entitled, spoiled, and a brat . I really need help

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. We’re sorry you’re going through such a difficult time. You did the right thing by reaching out. You’re not alone and there are people you can talk to who are ready to listen and ready to help. You can chat with us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1800RUNAWAY to talk more about what’s going on and what you might be able to do that could help.

Or, if you’d like to talk to someone directly to learn more about abuse, you can chat with Childhelp at childhelp.org/childhelp-hotline/ or give them a call at 1800-4-A-Child. They’re great.

Whatever you decide, remember that you’re doing the right thing by looking for help. If you’d like more information, or again, would just like to talk, we’re ready to listen anytime you are.

We wish you the best!
      -NRS

• I can’t live with them anymore my mental health is going down the drain. I can’t be happy, they question everything and when I say I need help they blame it on my friends and say I’m fine. She acts like she doesn’t love me and I can’t stand being with people who don’t love me or help me with mental needs.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• My dad doesn't understand me. I hate the school I'm at. I hate the people there too. I hate everything. My brother didn't want to go to school and my dad let him stay home and sleep all the time. Dad wants to send me to impatient and is making up lies about me. He didn't send my brother or other siblings to impatient. He let my brother basically drop out. He won't listen to me. I have a reason to not go back. I can't stand the school or my dad. He blames me for him being suicidal and wanting to die. And blames me for everything. I want out. I hate him.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.Something you could try and do is perhaps try to contact an adult you trust who can help with the situation. Another thing you could do is speak with someone at school and explain what is going on they might be able to help find another solution. 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

• My mom told me she hates me and says i make her sick to her stomach. i cant take it anymore. she cusses at me and last night she threw toe nail clippers at me and i dont wanna live in a house where im hated

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time with your mom. No one deserves to be cursed at or spoken to that way. One option would be to report your mother to child protective services if you haven’t already. The number you would use is for the national child abuse hotline 1-800-422-4453. It also doesn’t sound like home is particularly safe right now. Do you have any friends or relatives you could stay with? That might be another option until your mom calms down. You’re doing the best you can in a very tough situation and we appreciate you reaching out. Another option if there aren’t friends or relatives you could stay with is to look for a teen shelter. If you call our number 1-800-RUNAWAY, then we would be happy to help you look up a shelter in your area. We also offer mediation services between parents and youth if you think that would be helpful and it would be the same phone number. Finally, if you do decide to run away and have nowhere to go, there is an organization called National Safe Place that finds safe spaces (such as libraries or fire stations) that youth can go to be safe. Their website is nationalsafeplace.org and you would text 44357 (SAFE) and your location. National safe place would find a safe place in your area. If you have any other questions feel free to call us, message us, or send us an email.

Good luck,

NRS

1-800-Runaway
      www.1800runaway.org
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X