Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this abuse

hi I want to reach out to people like me I hate my parents they make me want to leave there house ( I am 10 btw ) and I can’t do anything about it because of my age they call me entitled, spoiled, and a brat . I really need help

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us. We’re sorry you’re going through such a difficult time. You did the right thing by reaching out. You’re not alone and there are people you can talk to who are ready to listen and ready to help. You can chat with us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1800RUNAWAY to talk more about what’s going on and what you might be able to do that could help.

Or, if you’d like to talk to someone directly to learn more about abuse, you can chat with Childhelp at childhelp.org/childhelp-hotline/ or give them a call at 1800-4-A-Child. They’re great.

Whatever you decide, remember that you’re doing the right thing by looking for help. If you’d like more information, or again, would just like to talk, we’re ready to listen anytime you are.

We wish you the best!
      -NRS

• I can’t live with them anymore my mental health is going down the drain. I can’t be happy, they question everything and when I say I need help they blame it on my friends and say I’m fine. She acts like she doesn’t love me and I can’t stand being with people who don’t love me or help me with mental needs.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• My dad doesn't understand me. I hate the school I'm at. I hate the people there too. I hate everything. My brother didn't want to go to school and my dad let him stay home and sleep all the time. Dad wants to send me to impatient and is making up lies about me. He didn't send my brother or other siblings to impatient. He let my brother basically drop out. He won't listen to me. I have a reason to not go back. I can't stand the school or my dad. He blames me for him being suicidal and wanting to die. And blames me for everything. I want out. I hate him.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.Something you could try and do is perhaps try to contact an adult you trust who can help with the situation. Another thing you could do is speak with someone at school and explain what is going on they might be able to help find another solution. 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS

• My mom told me she hates me and says i make her sick to her stomach. i cant take it anymore. she cusses at me and last night she threw toe nail clippers at me and i dont wanna live in a house where im hated

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time with your mom. No one deserves to be cursed at or spoken to that way. One option would be to report your mother to child protective services if you haven’t already. The number you would use is for the national child abuse hotline 1-800-422-4453. It also doesn’t sound like home is particularly safe right now. Do you have any friends or relatives you could stay with? That might be another option until your mom calms down. You’re doing the best you can in a very tough situation and we appreciate you reaching out. Another option if there aren’t friends or relatives you could stay with is to look for a teen shelter. If you call our number 1-800-RUNAWAY, then we would be happy to help you look up a shelter in your area. We also offer mediation services between parents and youth if you think that would be helpful and it would be the same phone number. Finally, if you do decide to run away and have nowhere to go, there is an organization called National Safe Place that finds safe spaces (such as libraries or fire stations) that youth can go to be safe. Their website is nationalsafeplace.org and you would text 44357 (SAFE) and your location. National safe place would find a safe place in your area. If you have any other questions feel free to call us, message us, or send us an email.

Good luck,

NRS

1-800-Runaway
      www.1800runaway.org

• I can't take it anymore

today I got into a physical fight with my dad over not brushing my hair, I just want to leave and forget my parents. They always tell me I'm wrong and that I don't try hard enough. It's either I'm gonna leave my house or I'm gonna leave this Earth.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. It sounds really scary to have gotten into a physical fight with your dad, especially over something so minor.
      Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

You mentioned that you're either going to leave home or leave the earth. It sounds like you might be referring to suicide as an option you are considering. We care a lot about your safety, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

• My parents treat me like ********. They've hit me, burned me, dragged me by my hair, beat me with belts and shoes, spit on me before and I told my counselor at school and then she contacted cps. I talked to the cps worker but since I didn't have any bruises or anything, I had to go back to them after school. I was devastated because I thought i would be able to leave them after all they did to me. They did get a call from the cps worker who put a "safety plan" in place. This just meant she told them not to physically discipline me anymore which didn't do ********. I still feel unsafe and have tried to runaway before but I was found the next morning and taken back home. I cannot live with them and if i contact cps for the third time, nothing is going to happen since I don't have any evidence of past beatings. How do i get away from them and not live with them anymore. If there isn't an answer to that and I have to live with them for 3 more years (I'm 15) then I'm running away soon or committing suicide. Please help I'm desperate because i want to live
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 09-20-2019, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• My parents treat me like...

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS.

Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. You are very strong and courageous. Continue to report any abuse and follow the safety plan you worked on with the CPS worker.

Be safe,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• My parents are divorced and my mom is a toxic person whenever we are together we are constantly fighting she tells me stories like if I go and move in with her she will buy a big house and stuff like that she claims she can't move where I'm at Utah because she has no one to lean on but I know its because of her boyfriend who has been constantly cheating on her and my mom knows it I don't understand why she wont leave him they have been together for 3 years now. My dad is someone who gets frustrated when someone doesn't do what he says for example this morning I didn't get up for church because I didn't get enough sleep that night and he wasn't that mad at first that I knew of he let me stay in bed my sister who is 18 right before they leave to church comes tears the blanket off of me grabbed me by the hair and threw me out of my bedroom I lay on the floor she comes and starts yelling then she steps on me with her heels that makes me scream my dad heard the scream came down stairs and told her that it was time to go I told him what happened and his reply was don't talk to me I was stunned I never thought he let something like that slide later when I wake up I go upstairs to get something to eat and he tells me I'm grounded to my room and to go to my bedroom he lets get something to eat though after later I came up stairs to turn my laundry over and all my siblings were against me saying that I need to go down stairs they had just my dad made dinner for them but not me I wanted something else to eat I tried going to the fridge of the pantry but they blocked my dad is asleep right now my 18 year old sister again grabs my by my hair I get free from her and continue to look for something to eat my dad comes out and since I wasn't in my bedroom he grabbed me by the hair and dragged me down the stairs I had no footing the only thing keeping my from falling was my one hand on the railing trying to keep myself from falling my dad was still was dragging me down the stairs he dragged me across our living room down the hall and tossed me onto my bed all by my hair I lost a lot of hair it was only on one side but you could tell that it had less hair.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a tough time living in your household. It sounds like your mom lives in another state and isn’t willing to relocate. It must be hard not being able to see your mom as often as you would like. You mentioned that your sister and your dad grabbed you by your hair and your sister stepped on you with her heel. That sounds really painful and no one should be hitting or grabbing you like that for any reason. If you feel like you are in an unsafe environment you can always contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453 and report any abuse that is occurring. It must be really lonely being in an environment where all your siblings are against you. If you ever feel like you want to talk to someone about what you are going through or just want some support contact NAMI by texting 741741. If you want to talk more about what specially you would like help with you can call us at 1800-RUNAWAY or chat through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). Best of luck!
          Last edited by ccsmod3; 09-23-2019, 03:08 AM.

• I live with my grandmother due to past events but I do not want to live with her anymore. She tears me down mentally and emotionally. She only wants me here so she’s not by herself because my grandfather died. She’s very selfish and never lets me go out or do anything. She holds grudges against my own family, talks about them in front of me, and won’t let me see them. She’s put me in a situation where I got molested and I reached out to tell her and she didn’t believe me. I’ve thought about suicide multiple times but never followed through. I want to leave but she won’t let me. What do I do?

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us. It can be really hard to open up about something so personal and you are very brave to do so with us today. It’s unfortunate that your grandmother is communicating with you in a way that makes you feel less than you are. If you feel like you are in an unsafe environment you can contact Child Help at 1800-422-4453 and report any emotional, physical abuse that is taking place. It sounds like it’s really hard for you to communicate the way you feel to your grandmother. We provide a service were we could conference call your grandma to start a conversation about how she makes you feel and talk about some of these really important issues. Also you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255 if you are feeling suicidal or just want to discuss some of the suicidal thoughts that are going through your mind. It’s understandable that you are feeling so emotionally and mentally stressed. You have a lot of things going on that don’t seem to be getting addressed. You can contact RAINN at 1800-656-4673 to talk to someone about the molestation you experienced that is causing you a lot of pain. Sometimes also reaching out to your support systems (like friends, other family members) and explaining what is happening and talking out some options of some safe environments you could go to may help as well. Please feel free to contact NRS at 1800-RUNAWAY if you have any other questions or concerns. Best of luck with everything!

• I cannot go on like this

sometime around the springtime my mother and father both decided that I shouldn't go to my current public high school because I was involved in drugs, but I don't even smoke as much as the other kids in my school and my parents think I am far more involved in it than I acc am, they started testing me for nicotine every week, they switched my school from 400 kids per grade to 4 kids per grade, I have no friends anymore, My parents won't let me have friends, they contact my old friends and tell them that I don't have time for anything, and they treat me very badly in the house. Just recently I had quit all drugs but they never believe me and still think that I smoke, I have been sober for 1 month now, even if they smell perfume they won't let me smoke, my girlfriend lives in my neighborhood and they will not even let me see her, I understand that I have made wrong choices with drugs and smoking, but my parents have really done the worst possible things. They took away all my smartphones and they gave me a flip phone which I have been using for 5 months, how do I find a different family, I want someone to adopt me instead of living in this house, is it possible?

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out! It sounds like you are feeling fairly unsupported at home by your parents. Everyone deserves to feel safe and comforted at home and it sounds like you are not experiencing these things at the moment. Isolating you from your friends/peers does not seem like a very effective method in your opinion.
          It sounds like your parents are having trouble trusting you and this is why they have taken these extreme measures to prevent any unhealthy behaviors. I commend you for being sober for a month; it seems as though you really have been putting forth effort and you deserve a lot of credit for that. How would you feel about writing a letter to your parents detailing your concerns and feelings? Also, if you are not smoking any more-perhaps you could prove to your parents this by taking the nicotine test and showing them the negative results. It sounds like they want the best for you and are just unsure how to navigate the relationship. In terms of your question regarding being adopted by another family, we are not legal experts so we do not want to provide you with any false information. I do not know if you have heard of emancipation but that is a way where youth can get legal permission to live on their own if they prove that they have a plan and are responsible enough to do so. We would encourage you to give us a call to talk about your situation further. Our number is 1-800-786-2929.
          Again, we are really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help. It sounds like you and your family have tried a lot to make this work and not everyone is on the same page. Again, we would greatly encourage you to call or chat with us. We are here to listen and here to help.

• I don't know where to start with to be honest but long story short I don't wanna live with my mother anyone . Their been so much going on for this pass 2 years, I just can't do it anymore. I feel like living with other people outside of my family is the best thing for me. I live in Baltimore and I'm 16

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We are sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time right now.
          We are not legal experts but if you were to leave home before turning 18 you could be considered as a runaway. If the police did find you they most likely would bring you home. You could consider talking about your situation to a school counselor. Sometimes talking to a professional can help you feel better and they may help you come up with options you may have not thought of. If you need a shelter or safe place to stay you can give us a call and we can help you look.
          We wish you the best of luck in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support.
          NRS

• I’m 15 and my mom never gives me freedom. She never lets me go anywhere and she always search’s my room for alcohol and weed. I don’t think I can take it anymore she won’t leave me alone

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. It can be hard to feel like you do not have freedom. One option to consider is to talk with your school counselor about what has been going on. Sometimes talking to a professional can help us feel better and they may be able to come up with options you may have not thought of. Also you could try having a conversation with your mother about how this is making you feel. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your mother and help you have a conversation. Conference calling allows you to be heard and we are there to provide support and mediate the conversation.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide you support. Best of luck!
          NRS

• Hi I’m kobi and my dad is made my mom into a animal I can’t take life I might run away today he threatened me only me out of the step family I’m the only one in the house for my family and he does whatever to hurt me in anyway he can even if it means to take away everything from me.

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          HI there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like your step dad has been making home feel really unsafe and not comfortable for you. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and supported. Asking for help was the right thing to do. Your safety and well-being are very important and we are here 24/7 to listen and help. We can help you best by phone and chat (800-786-2929 ; 1800runaway.org) to talk with you about your options and support you through this difficult time. Having a safe place to talk about your situation and how you have been feeling can help you brainstorm options you didn't think of before and take some of the stress off of you.

If you feel like the way your dad treats you is abusive, you can report it. Making a child abuse report would get a social worker involved to help. If you want to talk more about this option, you can contact the national child abuse hotline at 800-422-4453 or go to www.childhelphotline.org.

Do not hesitate to reach out anytime to talk more in detail about your situation. We are here to listen and help.

Be safe,
          NRS

• I dont want to live with my family my dad verbally abuses me infront of everyone and makes.me feel so depressed and i just want to run away from my family but i dont want to hurt my mum someone please hwlp. Me ouy

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, thanks for contacting NRS.

From what you shared, it sounds like your step dad has been making your life at home very stressful. Abuse of any kind is never your fault and it is not okay. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel safe and supported

Having a safe space to talk can help you express how you have been feeling and brainstorm options you might not have previously thought of. We encourage you to talk with someone you trust like a school counselor, friend, or another family member.

We are here 24/7 to listen and help. You can call or chat with us anytime if you want to talk more about your situation and think about your next steps. You do not have to go through this alone and we are here to support you during this challenging time.

Be safe,
          NRS (800-786-2929)

• I've been living with my dad and stepmom for like 4 years now and its gotten worse every year my stepmom hates me and I hate her too she's always trying to put her hands on me and she told me to kill myself she also threatens tht one of these days she's going to go to jail for killing me because I'm disrespectful I want to leave but Idk what I should do I can go live with my friends because if I go to family they're just going to tke me back to them I also want to go live in a homeless shelter I live in baltimore maryland and Idk if they're going to take me in I'm 15 going to be 16 in november

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. It’s important to consider all the possibilities that can occur if you leave home. You will need to plan out how you will cover basic necessities like travel, food, clothing, etc. If you have a place to go in mind, like your friend's, it’s good to see what the expectations of the living arrangement will be like; rules, the amount of time you’re allowed to stay, if you’re expected to contribute financially, etc. Living on your own can also bring about many safety risks. You will need to consider ways that you can protect yourself from physical harm as well as the possibility of sexual and labor exploitation. This can all influence your decision to leave.

You mentioned some things about your stepmom trying to lay hands on you and threatening to kill you and it raises concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X