Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I’m 13//f and I am in a point in my life where I don’t know what I can do. I have had past depression and I have extremely bad anxiety which prohibits me functioning at school. On top of this, my parents have gotten a divorce and my step father has started to become extremely agressive (smashing bottles and glasses against walls and yelling eve

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

• Ive never felt like this before. No one in my family understands my problems. My mother doesnt understand that i always get stressed about problems. My sisters feel like strangers to me , and everything that goes on in this house and the problems that come with it : gives me so much anxiety. I keep feeling like i should runaway from home. My dad and i dont have a good relationship ; the sod always drinks ; wastes food :driving my mum crazy. My mum keeps complaining herself also about everything. It seems like eveyone else is oblivious of things that are going on in this house and im always having to worry continuously about even the smallest things that go on in my house. Im thinking of running away but idk where i will go because i don't have close friends. Im asking for your help; how i can deal with this. Would this stay anonymous????

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You asked if this would stay anonymous, as you have wrote this on a public forum people can see what you have asked but your identity remains anonymous.
      You mentioned that your sisters feel like strangers to you, one option you could consider is maybe spending more time with them and doing something you all enjoy. Spending time with your sisters may make you feel closer to them. You also mentioned having anxiety which can be hard to deal with alone. You can contact NAMI (national alliance on mental illnesses) they can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI. Another option you could consider is talking to a school counselor.
      You also mentioned wanting to runaway. We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. If you were to runaway your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• I can’t deal with it anymore, my parents were going through a divorce and now they are acting likes everything’s fine and nothing happened, all I do is chores,babysit, and I’m not even aloud to go with my friends or grandma. All I want to do is live with my grandma. It’s like when I go over there I’m all of a sudden not depressed

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to listen and here to help. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. A divorce can be hard for the entire family. One option to consider is talking to your school counselor or someone you trust about what is going on. Sometimes having someone to talk to in difficult times can do wanders.
      We are not legal experts but we do have some information on the laws. If you are a minor you would need your legal guardian’s permission to stay with your grandma. If you were to leave without permission you could be considered as a runaway. If the police did find you they most likely would bring you back home. You could consider having a conversation with your parents about your desire to leave. At NRS we offer we offer conference calling where if you call us we can help you have that conversation with your parents.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a tough time right now. Wanting to run away for the past five years is difficult and can be stressful. You could consider talking with a school counselor or someone you trust about what is going on.
      We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you home. Running away is not illegal so you would not be arrested instead you would be returned home.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• My family does not support my personality.

My brother bullies me and hurts me over stupid things
    ​​and my mom thinks I deserve it, and my dad doesn't care. My dad is over protective and very aggressive. Not abusive, he just gets mad over stupid things. My dad wants me to be independant and got mad when my grandma bought me a phone that I could afford out of the kindness of her heart. My dad lies to me to cover for his sad life instead of telling me truths that wouldn't hurt me that much, and that I learn later. My mom will always think everything's okay when I have a concern. I really feel like I could raise myself better. I don't feel love from them, and I doubt they feel love from me.

I need a new place to stay.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us, it must be really hard for you being in that environment and not feeling supported by your family. It was really brave of you to reach out to us. We are here to listen, help and support you.
      Being in an environment like that must be extremely lonely. You can consider talking to someone, like your grandmother. It seems like she supports you, since she did purchase something for you that you wanted and it sounds like she didn’t have to. It can be frustrating to feel like you are out of the loop when people are not being honest with you about what is going on. You could try to talk to your parents and express to them how you have been feeling.
      We are not legal experts but if you are planning on leaving your home there could be some issues if you are minor. All of this depends on how old you are and the state you reside in. A good website that you can refer to for information regarding the age you can become independent is Sexetc.org. It is a good resource to give you information on the options available to you. Also if you just want someone to talk to you without judgment you can always call NAMI at 1800-950-NAMI and of course, NRS at 1-800-Runaway. We are 24/7 and confidential. Best of Luck.

• I don’t want to live with my parents anymore.

I’m 14 years old and I know that pretty young and everyone says it will get better but I have been feeling this way for so long. My mums boyfriend moved over to our house and he has 2 kids one boy one girl and I have two sisters, I always feel like the "black sheep" in the family, my younger sister literally bullies me, my older sister is never home, my mums bf daughter locks herself in her room on her phone and the son always gets away with everything. I haven't had the best behavior for the past 5-8 weeks but, I have been trying to be good for the past 2 weeks but something happened at school and my mum doesn't believe I’m telling the truth she hasn’t said a word to me for 2 days, she took my phone of me around 2 months ago and has been treating me so badly, I want the same respect she gives the rest of the kids and the same respect I give to her. I also have to share a room, my older sister said I can stay in her room whenever she’s not there and I told this to mum and she said you have your own room, but I don’t!!! I want to live with poppy from my dad’s side but I haven't seen my dad in over 3 years and I still don’t want to be in contact with him and my poppy knows that, I want to legally not live with my parents anymore whether it be with my poppy or simply with a friend. I've tried to look up other ways like emancipation, I have a job and follow most of the criteria but I haven't been kicked out of the house and I wouldn’t say my mum neglects me and I know she won’t agree to the emancipation. I feel like I don’t have any other options and I don’t know what to do anymore, I’m so very depressed, I have 4 friends literally, my school sucks, and I stand out on my verandah every night wondering whether or night my family would care if I wasn’t in the family anymore, if I was just gone, the stress on my parents back would be gone and my sister could have her own room, schooling would cost less and it wouldn’t be as much high maintenance as it is now. I don’t know what to do anymore and I feel like I’m out of options by now
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 08-24-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• I hate living in my house.My little brother has issues he smears his feces on the walls of the house he pees everywhere he failed kindergarten twice because he would be his teacher and classmates with chairs he would kick punch and just tear them apart. My little sister is a pig are house is infested with roaches and she feeds them shes lazy and has no shame. She spits on the floor and god knows what else. And this always sets off my mother she loses her mind screaming and beating herself then leaving me to break down and cry just for her to then say that i dont have a reason to cry and blames me for their behaviour. everything has lead me into bad habits and i had been thinking of running away or talking to someone at school.But im terrified to what that may lead to.i want to tell my friends but i feel so ashamed of what ive done. This was the only way i thought i could get everything off my chest and hope someone reads it.Hopefully i make the right choice in the future or everyone gets themselves together.

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for telling us your story and reaching out. It can be difficult telling others what has happened to you and you have shown great courage in doing so. It sounds like you would like to talk to someone about what you have been going through and your school should have a counselor that can help with that. NAMI the National Alliance on Mental Illness can also connect you to mental health resources at 1-800-950-6264 or NAMI.org.

Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for letting you stay there without your parents’ permission. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

Some of the things you mentioned sound really scary. If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.

One service we can offer is to conference call with your parents. This way you could have a conversation with your parents but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to your mom how you feel about what is going on at home and what you would like to see changed. Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you. If you want to reach us, you can chat with us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re here 24/7, and we are ready to listen and help however we can.

• I don't want to live with my parents anymore #682

Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
      We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about what you have been feeling.
      You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
      NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Take care,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I’m 15 years old and me and my boyfriend have been dating for over a year now and he’s my everything. We both can’t wait to move in together, but I want to move in with him NOW. I do not feel important where I live and my mom says I’m a fat slob and that she’s gonna stop me and my boyfriend from hanging out. I need my boyfriend. She tried kicking me out today and said to go to my boyfriends. So I left And started waking down the street to get to my boyfriends then she threatened to call the cops to go down there and get me. And I didn’t want that to happen so I came back home and sat outside in the heat for hours because she wouldn’t let me in. She told me to leave , but when I tried she’d just threaten to send me to a mental hospital or juvenile detention. My whole life she ruined she emotionally abused me ever since I was a little kid. Please help, is there any way I can legally live with my boyfriend without her stopping me. I would go and try to get adopted by someone, but if I do idk if i would ever see my boyfriend again. Listen, my boyfriend is my only friend. He’s my whole world. He’s all I have. I just want to know if there’s a way I can live at his house with his parents without my mom stopping me.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

We are really sorry you are having such a rough time with your mom right now. It's not right that she calls you names and has emotionally abused you. That's not your fault and you always have the right to file an abuse report on that sort of behavior. We never tell anyone what to do, but you should at least know that's an option.

Unfortunately, it's not so easy to just leave home and live somewhere else without your parent's consent. If your mom gives you permission to live somewhere safe and nurturing, then that's another matter. But if you leave without her permission she has the right to file a runaway report and anyone you stay with could be accused of harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor. That's not to say we are telling you to stay: again, we don't tell anyone what to do. But those are some facts you should know.

One other possibility would be to try to get emancipated from your mom. But this requires going through the courts, getting a lawyer (which of course takes money), proving you can take care of yourself, and a lot of other complicated matters. Emancipation is not a quick and easy process, but if you want more information on that we can give you a number to call to find out more.

We'd like to explore other options with you that may be possible. The best way for us to do this is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We also have a chat option on the main page of our website. We hope to hear from you soon. Good luck and stay safe!

NRS

• I don’t wanna live with my parents anymore. We argue over the smallest thing. Recently I got a boyfriend but my mum an dad don’t like the fact I have one at 14. They won’t let me sit in a different room with him just in case some happens but I’ve told them nothing will. He lives in a different town so I have to get a lift over or he gets the bus down. They said if I want to be taken down to see him I will have to start doing things round the house but I have been for 3 weeks now. They still don’t take me. I don’t want to live here anymore an for other reasons like controlling an stupid little rules plus with all the arguments.

please help me xx

Comment

• ccsmod8
          ccsmod8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your message to us, it sounds like you have are going through a very hard time right now and seem to be very overwhelmed with everything that is going on. It’s great that you are able to reach out for help in your current situation, it’s very brave of you to do that. It must be very frustrating.

Unfortunately, we don’t know much about resources outside of the United States. But there are resources that might be able to help you within the UK that can be of more help. There is the “The Mix” (https://www.themix.org.uk) so that you can look to see if this youth crisis hotline might be of more help since our resources don’t go outside the United States. There also might be a number in which you can call as well to talk to them about what has been going on. It might be a great way to talk to someone there that can help you get through these terrible times.

We hope that this resource helps!

• Well I don’t wanna live with my mom anymore . Because she calls me terrible names and always makes me feel like I’m the victim and she let’s my siblings say very disrespectful things to me and she verbally abuses me and I think living with her it’s bad for my mental heath and all my animals mental heath . She treats like I’m a mistake.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS.

First of all, we’re sorry to hear that your mother has been verbally abusive. You deserve to live in a safe environment where you don’t feel like your mental health is being constantly threatened. If you are looking to find a new, healthier living situation, there are a few factors that are important to consider.
          If you are a minor, you aren’t breaking any laws by running away. However, running away is considered a “status offense” for minors. This means that police in your area will prioritize locating you and returning you home, especially if you are not close to turning 18.

Further, if you make the decision to run away, we are here to discuss your options for being as safe as possible in doing so. If you have a trusted relative that you would rather live with, there is a legal precedent for your mother signing over guardianship to this relative. Also, we can look up shelter and alternative housing resources in your area if you are interested in exploring them as an option.

On the other hand, we offer a service here at National Runaway Safeline where we can facilitate a conference call between you and your mother. With our conference call service, we can provide you with extra support in expressing your frustrations to your mother. Also, we can moderate a conversation about how to make you feel safer and valued at home.
          We want to support you in whatever decision you make and would love to talk over the best solutions for you. We are available 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY and on our anonymous web chat platform. Thanks for contacting us and we hope that you follow up in the future.

Take care,

NRS

• I don’t feel loved at home ...

i can’t talk with my mother like a decent human. I’ll tell her things and she takes them the wrong way. She verbally abuses me . I am a very sensitive person and she knows this. I just feel like she doesn’t really care about me. I don’t wanna live with her anymore. I have my aunt in New York but my mom would be the type of person to call the police on her. My biological father lives in Cleveland ohio but I’m only 16 and I know my mom would call the police on him because she hates him just as much as she seems to hate me. She’s always cursing at me and calling me very upsetting and mean names and sometimes it’s too much to handle. I just wish there was a way for me to leave and not be under her care anymore. She treats me and my brothers very differently. One of them is 11 and the other is turning 10 soon and I know they are younger but it’s not fair to me for her to act as if I’m not worthy of the same care and attention. There are days i don’t eat for 3-4 days in a row cause I don’t leave my room. Every time I do leave we get into some kind of argument and she brings up the past and makes me feel like sh*t and she calls me “dramatic and stupid” when ever I try to tell her how I feel. I feel like I’m stuck in a place where I’m not Wanted. I just don’t know if I can deal with all this emotional stress and verbal abuse for another year and a half. Before in the past I have cut my wrist, I’ve healed and I’m clean from cuts but when I get mad or stressed and upset with her I tend to scratch my forearms to the point where my skin is scratched off and my arms have marks, get swollen and /or turn red. I live in Connecticut and i don’t really have family here. my friends usually give me food at school but when there’s no school I dont eat and In the summer my friends bring me food while my mother is at work and my brothers bring me snack last from their summer program. I just need advice how do I deal with this? Is there a way for me to leave at 16? How do I sit her for another 1 1/2 years so I can leave? How can I find a way to leave without her calling the police on me? Help me please .

-L C

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us and being brave enough to tell us what you’re going through. It sounds like you’re having a really hard time living at home. Your mom is being verbally abuse and treating your siblings different from you. It must be really stressful living there with all those things going on. It sounds like you have some options of people who you can live with if you decide to leave or runaway. It sounds like you are concerned if you would get in trouble or not if you ran away.

You can contact your local nonemergency and see what options you have if you runaway to a different state and if they would search for you. Your mom can file a runaway report with the local police department since you are still a minor. You won’t get charged with anything the police will more than likely just return you to your home. To avoid this it wouldn’t hurt to contact your father or aunt and discuss what is going on and see what options they may have for you as well. Maybe you can work with them and come up with a solution that works best for everyone until you are old enough to move out on your own.

It’s disappointing that your mother isn’t feeding you everyday. It’s good that you have friends who try and help out by bringing you food here and there. It seems like because of all the stress you are dealing with you are coping as best as you can. You can contact Child Help,1-800-422-4453, to speak with them regarding the verbal abuse you are experiencing at home or if you want to file an abuse report if it’s really bad and/or physical. Also you can text NAMI to741741. Best of luck with everything! If you have any other questions or concerns you can always contact us at 1800-RUNAWAY or on our chat platform. We are 24/7 and confidential.

• My life with my parents has been nothing but miserable I am only 15 an yet I am treated as a slave for them they make me doing everything so I basically take care of them myself it is to much stress I have nothing they do give me a phone but if i get a bad grade then I get it token away but yet I try my hardest I get barely any sleep because I have to go to school but yet I have to take care of them because they are lazy they don't do anything they literally lay in bed but i can't take the stress any more they don't do anything for me so basically I take care of myself a 2 other children. My brother also live with us he also has very bad mental issues but yet they give him the perfect world even though he has stolen everything from they a been to jail his whole life basically they let he drop out when he was in 7th grade. So why should they give a ******** about me they never have all they do is make drama stress in my life i have to cry every day because of them an I cant live here for 3 more years i cant take it an idk what to do?

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
          Be safe,
          NRS

• i don’t wanna live with my mom anymore ...

i don’t wanna live in her household anymore because i get lied to . she has a boyfriend nd he’s a good guy he has 4 kids of his own , but i don’t wanna live with her anymore when she’s constantly alwyas choosing sides with my twin sister ... i can’t talk to her because she doesn’t listen . i cant go nd open up to her because she doesn’t care . i wanna be on my own . she doesn’t see that i’m hurting or anything like that etc . i don’t wanna face her anymore i just wanna get up nd runaway because i know if i do everyone will be happy ? maybe , even i go somewhere far away ... who would care ? nobody because i don’t feel loved anymore... i get left out on everything . i just wanna be loved nd appreciated it . everyday after school i come home nd i can’t do homework because my older sisters make me clean nd take care of my two nephews 1 year old nd 2 month year old . i want to have freedom nd be able to experience my high school like she did . but i can’t but i have to do everything. i just wish i can be 17 already, but i won’t be 17 in another 3 years nd i’m tired of it i wish i had a job to buy my own stuff because when i ask for clothes , make up , shoes , etc i cant get it because i “ already have it “ when my sisters gets 200$ worth to get clothes. i’m just not happy with my mom i can’t handle this much longer i just feel alone nd never loved . i rather go live with my bestfriend at least her mom cares ...

Comment

• I don’t wanna live in her household anymore

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you would like to have better understanding from your mother. It can be frustrating when it feels like you are not being heard. Your feelings are important and you deserve to be able to express and have them listened to. It also sounds like you feel uncared for. It’s unfortunate that she does not show you how much value you have. It’s not your fault that she fails to see it.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• What do I do if I can’t cope living at my parents house anymore?where do I go to get help on finding a place to stay?im 17, still in college and finding it hard to find anything

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X