Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey, im really struggling at the moment, ive currently just been in a huge huge argument with my mum and her boyfriend, i dont want to live here anymore, i cant go to my dad either and i didnt know whether to call 101. i dont want to live here anymore, im really struggling im deeply depressed but no one realises, they think i have a cry once a day because im a little bit sad but its the complete opposite. i dont know what to do please help

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us your story. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time right now and we hope to be able to help. You mentioned depression. If you’re not currently getting mental health resources, it can be really helpful to get treatment As your mental health suffers, you have -limited ability to handle the other stressors in your life. You can contact the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to connect you to mental health resources at 1-800-950-6264 or NAMI.org You may also want to talk to your school because they should have a counselor for you.

We’re not legal experts here at NRS. Generally it’s not illegal to leave home, but your parents could file a runaway report, the police could get involved, and they could bring you home. The people you’re staying with could potentially get in trouble for harboring a runaway. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

If you don’t feel safe and feel like you need to get away Nationalsafeplace.org provides a safe location for you to meet a staff member who can take you to a designated place where you can discuss all options about how to stay safe. You can text 44357 the word “safe,” and your location to find a safe location in your area. Once you arrive let someone who works there know you need help connecting with a staff member.

One service we can offer is to conference call with your parents. This way you could have a conversation with your parents but you would not be alone. For example, it may be hard for you to explain to your mom how you have been feeling and why you want to leave or need space. Sometimes those conversations go better in a conference call because we can advocate for you. If you want to reach us, you can chat with us anytime at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re here 24/7, and we are ready to listen and help however we can.

• I don't to be with my family is there a way that I can be take way from them

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you doing so. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It sounds like you want to be taken from your family, it is possible you could have options depending on your situation. The easiest way to leave is with your guardian's permission. You also have the right to report abuse to Child Protective Services if that is your situation.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more tha n twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

• i dont wanna live with my family anymore. its not them its me and i just wanna be somewhere else for me to have a better future and for them

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are glad you are reaching out to us because we are here to help. It sounds like you’re going through some things, but reaching out to us is a good first step in figuring out your options.

In your message you mentioned not wanting to live with your family. While we don’t know the full scope of the situation and are not legal experts, we can let you know that if you have permission from your guardians and if you have a safe place to stay, you may be able to leave your home without getting into legal troubles.

As we mentioned before, we are here to help but we are also here to listen. If you were able to email us (at 1800runaway.org) or call our 24 hour hotline (at 1-800-786-2929) we could learn more about your situation and offer support and resources to help you out in your time of need.

We hope to hear from you soon!

• im 14 and I cant stand being at home my parents drive me to cut then say that I'm a attention seeking slut wht do I do I need to get out of my house because I just cant stand it anymore.?????

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now.
      You do not deserve to be called names that can be a form of emotional abuse. If you would ever like to make an abuse report please call The Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4453.
      You also mentioned that you are cutting, self-harm can be dangerous and there are some things you could do to prevent it or educate yourself about it. If you feel like cutting you could consider distracting yourself by counting to 1,000, calling a friend, going for a walk, or making a snack. One other option you could try is some self-care such as having a long bath or shower, listening to relaxing music or taking a nap. Also sometimes releasing some stress and anger can help. You could try popping bubble wrap, going for a run, writing in a journal. If you do decide to cut you may want to make sure you have a safety plan in case you cut to deep. Also that you are using sanitary tools when cutting.
      We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission and are a minor your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police did find you they most likely would bring you back home if they deemed it safe for you to go back. If you need a safe place to stay please give us a call and we can help you look for safe places.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

• I just wanna be alone for sometime... I can't stand this, my parents loves me a lot but i just can't cope up with their controlling behavior, and that they r blaming me for thing which are "me" related!
    well yeah thanks for ur concern but i don't wanna be here i need a damn break..before i join my suicidal mates..

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It’s totally understandable that you want to be away from your family. It can be really difficult to work through your own personal stuff when you don’t feel like you have the space to do so. If there are other friends or family you could reach out to besides your parents so you could talk about how you’ve been feeling, that might be really helpful. You’re also welcome to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY to talk through some of what you’ve been feeling. Another option to get some space temporarily might be to see if you could stay with a friend or extended family member for a bit. Additionally, the National Safe Place can help you find a safe place to go. You can text the word “safe” to 44357 for the nearest safe place. Taking space even for a brief amount of time can make a really big difference for difficult relationships with parents. We’re also sorry to hear that you’re concerned about becoming suicidal, but it’s really great that you reached out pre-emptively. If you’re ever feeling suicidal and don’t have anyone to turn to you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. We hope some of these options will be helpful for you. You can reach us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by using our online chat service if you want to continue exploring options.

Take Care,
      NRS

• I feel so bad in my heart that I feel really depressed and don’t want to live. My dad got married to my step mom she moved all the way from Mexico to here and he doesn’t realize the effects he’s done to me. He cares more about her and her son then he does to me we were happy before them but she manipulated him to a way where he is turning his back against me and I’m starting to hate him so much when I remembered he meant the whole world to me before. I just wish I could hold a steady job and leave this place I’m old enough to leave but how with no money I wish that at any age there would be a place that accepts people to move in if they weren’t getting along with their parents.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

• Me and my parents don’t get along, is there any way I Could live with one of my friends parents, how would I do that

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. We are sorry to hear that you and your parents do not get along that can be a stressful situation. We are not legal experts but if you were to leave home without permission and are a minor your parents do have the right to file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home.
      One option you could consider is getting your parents’ permission to stay with your friend’s parents. Another option you may want to consider is emancipation. Emancipation would allow you to have adult rights before turning 18. You can find out more about emancipation by calling your local court house or by calling us and we can provide you with legal aid resources. You can also call your local non-emergency police department and ask them how they would handle your situation.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck to you!
      NRS

• i hate eveyrone in my family. everyones blames me for everything. i dont wanna be here.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thanks for your email. We’re sorry to hear that you’re having a tough time at home; it can be really stressful.

Talking through how you’re feeling with someone can be really helpful, whether that’s directly with your parents, to a counselor or even asking another adult (like a relative or family friend) to moderate a conversation between you and your parents.

Additionally, if you’re feeling like you need some space away from home, you could consider things like finding an after-school job, getting involved in an after-school activity, or even just hanging out at a relative or friend’s house.

If you’d like to talk to us in more detail about what’s going on, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or user our online chat service at 1800runaway.org.

Best of luck.

• Hi my name is myia and I'm 17 I don't know how yo put this but here it gose my mom is a single mother with 6 kids and I'm the youngest my dad died 4 months before I was born and so I grew up with out a dad my mom has always took her anger out on us kids. Ever since in 5th grade and up my mom treated me like I really didn't belong in the family but it got worse and worse when u went to middle school and high school and when she takes her anger out on me and everything else I just want want to listen to her I talk back and do things I'm not supposed to do i stared smoking weed and drinking but with the drinking its not often but still she makes me so unhappy most days and the biggest problem we have is me not cleaning around the house because I'm just not my self so u never want to do anything so can you please help me and my mom and my family

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe, NRS

• I don't really feel comfortable living with my family. My sister is very physical, manipulative, and is always finding a reason to cause trouble. She is constantly putting me down, to the point where it is a toxic relationship. My parents aren't very openminded and I feel like I am nothing to them. I want to live with my grandparents for a while, but I have tried approaching that idea to them, and they shut it down. I just don't feel happy or safe in my own home, and I need an escape. Is there any way I can approach the whole grandparent thing differently.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi, I want was adopted by my grandma but now that I’m older I need help with school and getting there but my grandma is sick and disable now and I know I might sound selfish but I don’t want to be with her so I ask my aunt to take me but the issue is where she lives you have to have custody of child and my grandma won’t give up and now I starting feel like what there saying is that she only wanted me for the money and she said multiple times that didn’t want me anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You do not sound selfish it is understandable to want to go to school and you have the right to be able to attend school.
      There are a few options that you could consider in this situation. Not being able to attend school and missing school can fall into truancy which can lead to neglect. You could make a report by calling your school and explaining the situation to them. You can also make a report by calling Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. Another option you could consider is talking to your school about your options they may have.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore your options further please call us. Best of luck to you!
      NRS

• So I’m 13 but I hate living at home. I have so much emotional trauma and I don’t feel accepted. My brother constantly picks on muni and hits me and is so rude to me no matter how hard I try to be nice to him. I really hate living here. My parents don’t understand because he’s their “golden kid” and he’s so smart and because of it he makes me feel stupid. I’ve always looked up to him and now I realize how crazy I am to want to. I don’t want to be like him. I hate him so much. I just hate living at home.

Comment

• ccsmod11
      ccsmod11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, and thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are dealing with so much – emotional trauma, not feeling accepted, your brother hitting you and how your parents respond to your brother and to you. It certainly doesn’t sound easy in any way. No one deserves to be hurt.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. Please call 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us (www.1800RUNAWAY.org) as we can best help by phone or chat as we are unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon. Best, NRS

• I don’t want to live at home anymore but apparently I’m not allowed to leave. I’m 16 and live in the uk so rules can be a little different. My mam found out that I’ve been having a relationship with an older guy and when I tried to run away she chased be with her car and phoned the police. The police said i can’t leave her and that I have to stay. We’ve also been having problems for ages and I’m literally not even allowed to leave the house anymore. They’ve tried taking my phone I’ve refused to give them it they don’t allow me to go out and they forced me to quit my job. I honestly can’t take it anymore. We are always arguing and I don’t want to live here anymore. The things she is saying and what she has done all because I chose to rebel and continue seeing him is over the top and I can’t cope. I wanted to get advice on whether I could move in with him and the steps I’d have to take or whether I could possibly move into some sort of residential place.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country

• I don’t want to live with my parents anymore,
    I love my dad he tries his hardest but I hate my mum,she’s talking to other men I’ve seen the messages and I’m disgusted,I’ve confronted her many times and she said she has stopped but I know she hasn’t she still has the apps from which she talks to them on on her phone and she always hides her phone screen if I’m near her,I’ve told a few of my family members but they can’t do anything,I think my dad knows what she does which doesn’t make it any better because he doesn’t seem to care, she told me she never met up with any of them but that’s hard to believe as in the messages there was a time and place where they were going to meet , the men know she has a family and a husband but they obviously don’t care, I think my mum really just doesn’t care about me and the fact that I told her to stop and she hasn’t just proves that,When I confronted her she said that it was because she was bored , but what normal person puts there family at risk of falling apart for some men because “she was bored”, she’s disgusting and I just can’t live being around her and her lies,my brother lives with my Nan, I want to live there too but that would just be too much for them, I feel like I have no where to go and no one to talk to.To top it all of my parents hardly have any money, I know some would say I’m lucky because I still get food but food doesn’t make you happy, I got no presents for my birthday and I was devastated I know I should be geeatful to have my family but my family is a lie,my mum is a liar,my dad doesn’t care that my mum is doing this, I can never talk to them and I just want to be happy, I want to be with a family that cares, I feel like if I moved out my dad would blame himself and I just don’t want that cause I love him but I just can’t live with my mum and I can’t live not being happy in my home

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thank you for reaching out to NRS.
      We are really appreciative you shared a bit of your story with us. It sounds like you mom's behavior of messaging men who are not your father has been affecting you deeply and has become hurtful. This must be a confusing time at home particularly because it seems as if your parents are not openly communicating with you about what is going on. It might be true that no every child is provided with the necessities like food, but your parents are also supposed to make sure you feel safe and comfortable. It sounds like you are feeling betrayed by your parents and that is making you feel like you might want to leave. We are available 24/7 by phone at 1-800-786-2929 and chat at 180runaway.org if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Sometimes having a safe space to talk about what is on your mind can relieve stress and help you brainstorm some things you might want to try doing to make the situation at home more positive for you. We encourage you to reach out to a friend, a family member, or another adult in your life that you trust. You mentioned that your brother lives with your Nan, so she could be a person to reach out to for support.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us anytime to talk more about your situation and explore options. We look forward to hearing from you so that we can help!

Stay strong,
      NRS

• Hi my parents give me little to no freedom and they treat me completely different than my siblings. They try to control everything I do. I live Solon Ohio and want to leave but I don't know the legal eligibility I'm 15 years old

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X