Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to live with my dad or mother. I want to live with my grandparents and my dad is making me move with him

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your dad’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your dad. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• Reply:I don't want to live with my dad or mother.

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline

Sounds like you are feeling unhappy about moving in with your father and instead would like to live with your grandparents. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail about your situation, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    You did a great job by reaching out today. We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-14-2019, 01:03 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Reply: I feel like I'm not part of this family

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

You have been going through a lot at home with your parent’s; it took a lot of courage for you to reach out.
      We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and it has left you frustrated maybe even upset about continuing to live there.
      You are very brave to reach out. It took a lot of courage for you to do so.
      Sometimes communication with others can be difficult but perhaps there are some other options to explore that might lead to some improvement.
      NRS is here to listen and here to help. We want you to know are here to support you during your time of need.
      If you would like to speak more about your situation and try to come up with a plan to have better communication with your parent’s, please contact NRS.

Our contact information is 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org

We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• Hi my name is robert and i dont no how to post things up here and i really need help my mom i just dont love or have any good times with her anymore i really dont like my family i dont love anyone and if you reply please help me before i really lose it kill myself please i really need help just please respond just please

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe and stay strong,
          NRS

• I dont want to live at home because I'm treated like a piece of crap

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. That's not okay at all that you are being treated like a piece of crap at home. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

• I hate my mom, I love a boy and she doesn’t understand! She is completely controlling my life and I have no room to breath she’s over controlling and I can’t take it anymore. Her tells me she hates my and then freaks out if I sneak out and says she cares and tbh idc I just want to leave and be with someone else

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,
          Thank you for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to hear that things at home have made you feel like you need to leave. It sounds like you don’t feel that your mom understands your situation and sends you mixed messages when she tells you she hates you, but does things that make you feel that she’s overcontrolling, and you’re thinking about leaving. One option you have is to talk to your mom about how you’ve been feeling. Sometimes it helps to write down your thoughts so that you can keep track of what you want to say. As you mentioned in your message, you can also explore whether you can live somewhere else.

Whether you can live somewhere else really depends on several things. We’re not legal experts, but from what we understand, if you’re considered a minor in your state, your legal guardian decides where you’ll live. If you decide to leave without the consent of your legal guardian, they can file a runaway report with your local police department. What the police do once the report is filed can vary from police department to police department. If your legal guardian has an idea of where you might have gone and they share it with local police, the police might go to that location to see if you’re there. If you are located, typically police try to return you home or have your parents or legal guardians pick you up.

The best way to confirm what the police will do is to reach out to them directly at their non-emergency number and ask. You don’t have to identify yourself to ask questions, and the worst that can happen is that you’d have no less information than you already have. If you don’t know how to get ahold of your local police department, feel free to give us a call and we can help you find their contact information. If you feel like you need to talk to someone about what’s going on, or you feel like you need help calling your local police, please feel free to reach out to us as well. We can help you make the call, or call on your behalf if that’s what you would prefer. We’re here for you.

Whatever you decide, know that we are here for you. We won’t tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you stay safe with whatever you decide to do. You can reach out to us 24/7 by phone at 800.RUNAWAY (786.2929). We are also available every day via chat. We’re here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

-NRS

• My moms boyfriend has abused me and he still is with my mom and she doesn’t care how I feel about it. She has been calling me selfish and making me go on vacation with her & him and won’t let me stay with my grandparents. She’s been very angry at me ever since she found out I had intercourse. I wanna move out but she says I’m stuck until I’m 18 what do I do. Police have been involved but no help.

Comment

• My mom told me she wants to find a new home for me she told me im going to send her to the hospital because of her stress i want to lie with a friend but i dont know if she will let me i need advise

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
            Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
            Be safe, NRS

• i want to live with my friend my mom tells me im going to send her to the hospital because of her stress she told me she wants to send me somewere else i need advise

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• Reply: My moms boyfriend has abused me

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You don't deserve to be abused in any way. It is not your fault.
          You have the right to want to feel safe in your own home.
          It is not your fault that this is happening. It sounds like you are not getting support from your mother in regards to her boyfriend’s abuse towards you.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. It sounds like the police were involved at one point but you were not satisfied with the results. You have the right to report any abuse to child protective services.
          You may do this through a school counselor or social worker. Another option is to contact Child help USA to report the abuse. You can reach them at 1-800-422-4453
          This is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, we can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
          NRS

Comment

• I’m so done with this family. No one respects my effort, my money, my time, or my space. I go to sleep every night after a full day of trying, still crying my self to sleep. I hate my sisters, some more then others, and I hate my parents. I am only 17 and I don’t know how I’m going to deal with another year of this. Everyday I think of a new way to escape this pain, Because right now all I want to do is kill myself or run away!!!

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello There,
              Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. It sounds like you are doing everything you possibly could be doing. Having these thoughts can be almost impossible to have to deal with alone. We want you to know that you are valuable and that you are worth living. If you are ever feeling suicidal you can call The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone willing to listen and always someone willing to provide support. Another option you could consider is to talk with your school counselor, sometimes talking to a school counselor can make you feel better.
              You also mentioned running away, we are not legal experts but we do have general information on running away. If you left home without permission your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. In some states the police may not take a runaway report for a 17 year old, but it depends on the police department.
              We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck in your situation. Stay strong, you are not alone.
              NRS

• My mother and father are always being very mean. About 2 weeks ago, my dad poked me in the ribs, nudged me, and threw me down our front porch because I thought he had my pencil. My mother is always being very unfair and saying horrible things like, “I want you to go!” Or “I really don’t care about your feelings and your stupid thoughts about me. They know I don’t like them, and they return the favor violently. What can I do?

Comment

• Reply: My father and mother are always being very mean

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

It sounds like that you have been going through some terrible things at home with your parent’s. It took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Again you do not deserve to be abused physically, emotionally etc.
              It is not your fault that this is happening. You cannot control what others choose to do.
              Seeking help is an option available to you.

To report any abusive treatment there is Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We are limited as to how we can help in this type of forum.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

Be safe,
              NRS

Comment

• I'm 16 years old. I live with my mom who is 37 and my sister who is 18. My sister suffers from many fake conditions that she gives herself and it gets annoying having to hear everyday "I have this so I can't do that". No you have two hands you have two feet use them. I know my sister is living because this one time I thought she was having a panic attack. So I called my mom and we went to the hospital. I was crying like crazy in waiting room by myself and had a one nice people talk to me. But when my mom came from the back where my sister is she pulled my to the restroom and told me that the doctors gave her a fake pill to take so she believes that they believe her. The doctor asked my mom questions and thought my sister was taking a panic attack to get attention. At first I didn't want to believe but once we stepped out of the hospital she was excited and happy. I know my sister knows how to act because we have been doing it since we were in elementary do to other people that were hurting us but that's a different story for a different time. I wrote this because I am tiered of living with my mom and sister. I am turning 17 in a couple of months and I can't wait.

Comment

• Reply: I'm 16 years old

Hello,
                  Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
                  NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X