Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problem isn’t as bad but I’m 13 i haven’t got the same options in going out as any of my friends I’m not even aloud to the shop that is 10 minutes away my mum says it’s because she can’t trust me but it’s not that it’s because she has mental health problems and she over thinks everything we’re poor so we go no where anyway and the only place I go is school so please get me out of this house

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. Sounds like you have a stricter household than your friend's, that cannot be easy. Here at NRS, we want to be a support while you are dealing with this.

It sounds like your mom does not want you to go to a shop nearby due to not having money for it; which is understandable. If you do leave home, you might think about things that you would need to support yourself such as money, shelter, and food. If you need any runaway and homeless youth resources such as shelters, please do not hesitate to call or chat us. Here at NRS, we are primarily concerned about your safety.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

• I dont want to live at my house. My 18 year old sister and I keep fighting. She stole my stuff and I got mad at her and we got into this huge fight and she ripped out a chunk of my hair. I had called my mom and told her to call or text my sister and ask her to tell my sister to give me my stuff back and she said she would handle it but I didnt want my sister leaving with my stuff and I found more of my stuff in her room. My mom told me she didnt feel bad for me, and I told her I hated her was crying my step dad told me he would take care of it. I was yelling at both of them. The next day I told my mom I hated her and my grandma picked me up from school and I came home to my stuff thrown away. Cause they "cleaned" it and the stuff my mom didnt throw away in the dumpster was literally trash. And the dumpster guy came the same day and took almost all my stuff. And I started packing my stuff I bought. I work with my mom and I dont want to lose my job. And I said sorry but I cant forgive them. And I told my mom I hated her again yesterday I had to stay with my grandma because of how mad I am at them . And I know I sound spoiled, but my mom is a miserable, mean person whos always angry and makes everyone else miserable. And my sister is turning out just like her and shes 18. I dont want to live here, and my grandma wont let me live with her. But Ive had it up to my breaking point. And I cant do it, I dont care where I go anymore. My mom said if I ran away I cant come back, and I always wanted to stay for my stuff and dog but she threw my stuff away some stuff I bought myself. And Ill just take my dog. Idc if my grandma wont take me Ill find somewhere else. Because I cant handle it anymore. I hate my sister, and step dad, and mom. Theyre all mean and only think about themselves. And I try and be happy and I cant with them bringing me down

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It's not right for your family to throw out your possessions and to treat you with such little respect. Your sister's abusive behavior is unacceptable and no one deserves to be attacked like that. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• I am 14 years old and desperately want to live somewhere else, away from my parents.
    Recently, i’ve got in big trouble at my school and my parents found out and they have taken my iphone, ipad, laptop, everything off me. i’m not allowed to see my friends or family. i hate it.
    however, it’s mainly my dad. he has been shouting at me and saying things to me i didn’t think a father would ever say to their daughter. it upsets me so much and i just don’t want to live in the same house as him. he is making me feel so depressed and worthless. i just can’t believe what he’s said about me. i hate him so much. however, this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. whenever i get in trouble he will shout at me and sometimes push me or drag me to my room. i hate it. someone please help.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi, I live with my mom and my step dad. My step dad and I are ok with each other, but my mom on the other hand, causes me to be very self conscious, negative, and depressed. She knew I've been going thought this, but she makes it worse. My mom is very controlling, she stalks my Sofia media, and I just wanna leave the house and live on my own. I tried running away but she threatens to call the police and brings me home. I can't Stand living in this house anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I dont wanna live here anymore. I've tempted to run away before but I got arrested and no one would listen to me. Ive been depressed for almost 5 years now, and my parents wont let me get and meds or thing like that. Ive been wanting to move out. Im now 15 and my parents dont think im responsible enough. even though they havent let me get a job, they havent let me take my drivers test, and recently physical things have been growing. it used to be only verbal. Saying im a disgrace to the family, or the reason that im not doing good in school is because i cant focus, when its really the fact that they make me stay up until 3 watching my brother, then waking up at 6 for school. I get it, I have to take care of my younger brother. But what i reall just dont understand is how differently we are treated. I got yelled at just last night, in front of my friend, and everyone at Walmart for walking to look at a camera while my brother actually broke it almost 5 minutes later. and nothing happened. I want to know if there is some way that I can get out of this house. I dont even call it home anymore because i seriously dont feel safe.

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      We’re glad that you decided to reach out to us. It’s understandable that you would be considering leaving home given the circumstances that you’ve described. Nobody deserves to experience verbal or physical abuse from their parents. It also seems like they have unrealistic expectations about you taking care of your brother, and that they aren’t treating the two of you equally. It makes sense that you would feel frustrated, and it sounds like it has taken a toll on both your schoolwork and on your mental health.
      If you are feeling unsafe or if you want to report any abuse that you’ve experienced, you can reach out to Child Help, which is the National Child Abuse Hotline. They can be reached at 1-800-422-4453. You also mentioned that you have been depressed for a while now. NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, may be able to offer some helpful resources such as counseling or therapy for you. They can be reached at 1-800-950-NAMI or at nami.org.
      Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via phone (1-800-RUNAWAY) or through our online chat services. We are available 24/7 and are happy to help talk to you about your options and explore possible resources.

• I don't want to live with my parents anymore.
    I'm a 15 year old and I don't feel safe where I'm at. I'm always jumping and I always cry myself to sleep. My mom is constantly yelling and cussing, I just can't take it no more. Everytime time you do something wrong she yells at you and make you feel like your nothing. Then later she would say that she doesn't know why she's here anymore. My dad doesn't anything to help, he just sits there playing his game.

I know some people have it way worst, but I'm scared and need help. I just don't know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. It's not fair that your mom is so harsh. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• I live with my mother and my little sister. The only reason I haven’t run away yet is because of my sister. I don’t want to leave her to have to grow up with just my mom. She’s taking everything out on me because I don’t participate in church the way she wants me to. The thing is that I don’t believe in Jesus. I used to when I was smaller but I don’t anymore. I’m about to be 17 and I don’t even have get to choose whether or not I go to church. She decided to take away my time away from home where I spend the weekends with my friend, when I have people over (which is very sporadic), and she’s limiting my phone usage from now on. I could care less about the phone, take it away completely I don’t care. But she’s taking away my only social interaction and I’m already depressed enough as it is. She wants me to be more social but then she wants to take away the only social part in my life. She also doesn’t let me speak of visit my grandfather because of some personal vendetta. I get she has issues but don’t push them onto me. I’m trying so hard but I’m not sure how much longer I can take this before I snap, and I’m not sure how far I’ll go if I do....

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your mom’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your mom. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• Hi. I am 14 years old, going to turn 15 on the 21st, and I really need some help. My parents are hoarders and have been for years. I have tried to talk to them countless times on ways we can fix the house and turn things around but nothing has changed. It has taken a severe emotional toll on me and I frequently feel depressed and embarrassed about it. I can’t invite any friends over because it’s so bad. It also holds me back from being my true self and being as outgoing as I can be because I know I can’t hang out with people at home. It also affects my performance at school and my motivation I have for school. We were supposed to move a couple summers ago to a new house because my parents are back together (they were divorced when I was eight, my brother five). They then said that we would be moving the summer after which never happened. This summer doesn’t look too promising either. I was thinking that when we moved we would have a fresh start and I could help my family keep the house clean. I kept telling myself that things would change and get better but that just hasn’t happened. I’m pretty much at my breaking point with this whole situation and even debated calling cps or someone because I didn’t. I was also considering contacting some of my best friends that I’ve known for years and asking them what they think I should do. The hoarding has also caused the relationship I have with my parents to weaken tremendously. Whenever I tell my parents I love them before I go to bed, it feels weird. I know I love them deep down but it doesn’t feel like that sometimes.
    Sorry for the crazy long message but I just really need help. Thank you for taking the time to read it.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe, NRS

• I am 16 years old. I currently live with my mom. she is bipolar and lashes out at me. she gets physical but she doesn’t harm me. she puts me through so much emotional stress. my dad is on drugs so i don’t have the option to live with him. my grandparents live 300+ miles away so i don’t know what to do. i am willing to do anything to get out of this house. i’m constantly crying and considering suicide. please help me

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. It must be difficult having your mother lash out at you due to her having bipolar disorder. Mental illnesses can be very difficult to live with and can also be very difficult for the family to go through as well. One option you could consider is calling NAMI, which is the national alliance for mental illnesses. They can be reached at 1800-950-NAMI. Another option you could consider is talking to a school counselor about what you are going through.
      You mentioned having thoughts of suicide. We want you to know that you are very valuable and worth living. There is always someone willing to listen and provide support for you. You can always contact The National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-8255. Your safety is our top concern, if you ever feel unsafe you have the right to call the police. You mentioned that your mother gets physical, if there is abuse involved you can always make an abuse report. You can make an abuse report by calling The Child Help Hotline at: 1800-422-4453. You could also maybe talk with your grandparents and mother and see if there would be a way you could stay with your grandparents for awhile.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck, stay strong you are not alone!
      NRS

• My dad doesn’t want me and my mom doesn’t either I just want to be in a group home someone please drop a number I can call I don’t know how much more of this I can take I just want to disappear I overdosed 4 times why do I keep coming back if am such a disappointment if am so bad like people say why can’t I just die why did I come back

Comment

• I’ve been living with my grandfather my whole life. He adopted me, which I grateful for. But, for years on end since I can remember he has been mentally and physically abusive. When I was in about 6-7th grade on Christmas Eve my mother stayed over. They got into an argument over my grandmother picking us up to celebrate Christmas with her (my grandma and grandfather were separated when my mom was a kid). Next thing I remember is me jumping up and down screaming while my grandfather is holding my mother by her hair and jerked her down the first few steps of our apt all I remember is my mom telling me to run to the laundry mat and you hide there. He has called me many horrible names such as pig, a-hole, ********** and things of that sort. He has grabbed me by my arms and held me down by force, jerked me into counters, hit me HARD when I was a kid leaving me bruised, and spit in my face. The house we live in has black mold and the stairs have 2 steps missing and rusty nails. I’ve tried to open a case for social services but it got closed because my grandfather wouldn’t let them in the house without a warrant. I want to apply for emancipation but he won’t sign off no matter how much I try. I live in Pennsylvania.
      Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-10-2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Reply: My dad doesn’t want me

Hi there,
        Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It took a lot of courage for you to write us today. Good for you.
        We are sorry that things are not going well for you. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you have had some experiences with suicide attempts. Your safety and well-being is important.
        If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Sometimes when communication breaks down with someone you are close to you making it difficult to know just where to turn. You did well reaching out today. We would like you to know NRS is here to listen and here to help. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We would be glad to assist you with researching services for alternative housing in your area.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Be safe and stay strong,
        NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Reply: Ive been living with my grandfather my whole life

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

You have been going through at home. It took a lot of courage for you to reach out.
          We appreciate you telling NRS about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being abused. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. It is not your fault that he does this.

Though it sounds like you may have done this but to report any form of abuse you can contact to Child protective services. To file a report call Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

Again if you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• hello. Im 15 about to be 16 in August.. I dont wanna be at home anymore because i absolutely hate it here. my mom has cheated on her husband 3 times i think and he always says hes gonna get a divorce with her. Me and my mom have been arguing everyday over dumb stuff. She makes me watch her kids when shes out of the house and the kids dont listen to me. Last year i moved in with my aunt for a little bit because my mom arranged it. We need a break. I honestly cant do it any more. I thought about not coming home tomorrow. she says all i do is lie to her, break her trust, do stuff behind her back without her knowing. I told her i want to move out because they are the ones pushing me away, they are the ones who arent letting me getting a job, etc. I do the chores everyday... I physically and mentally can not do it anymore. i get treated like crap and when ever i try talking to her she always gets an attitude and ignores me.

Comment

• I feel like I'm not part of this family ever since my dad left the house but he usually comes once but they both make me feel like I'm unwanted whenever I try to talk about my feelings they always make me feel like a loser my brother is a child and he gets all the attention he wants my parents to think I'm a failure in life and barely want to listen in how I really feel I don't want to be in this family anymore I want to live in a different family were I'll be accepted
              Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-14-2019, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x
              Working...
              X