Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not happy here. I am extremely depressed and I know there’s nothing I can do. I’m 17, I don’t have a job and I’m not stable, I have horrible anxiety and depression and I feel broken, I am very sure I have possible PTSD and split personality disorder... I get treated like s*** here, I want to live with my dad I miss him so much and he is the only person that that knows how to keep me stable and happy, he makes me feel loved unlike the people here. I miss him. I cry every day and every night because all I want to do is leave I am scared that he will die or something else bad will happen like it did last time because his friend betrayed him and forced me out of his life then he got out and came back for me. I could explain more, I have so much proof of emotional and mental abuse, I am not physically abused here but the way I feel is making me feel physically sick. I just want to be done. I would like to clarify more but I’d have to do it by email or messenger but it’s equivalent to a book, it’s a lot to read. I’m desperate please help me and don’t tell Gramma she’ll get mad at me and yell and take my dad away and everything else.

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      It takes a lot of courage to share your story and reach out for help, so we’re glad you contacted us.
      You mentioned that you were very sure you had possible PTSD and split personality disorder, so if you would like to get diagnosed and/or treated for those you could reach out to a school counselor about getting in touch with a professional. Another great mental health resource you could check out is NAMI, National Alliance on Mental Health. Their phone number is 1-800-950-NAMI. I’m sorry to hear you aren’t treated well at home, no one should have to experience that. You did mention that you had lots of proof of emotional and mental abuse, so you could file an abuse report, and we could help you do so if you would like. If you feel comfortable, you could also discuss this abuse with a trusted adult, like a school counselor, teacher, friend’s parent or family member. It’s nice to hear that being around your father makes you feel stable and happy. In terms of going to live with your father, it would be good to discuss this option with your father and the people you currently live with if you are able. There could be some more intricate legal issues if he does not have custody of you, so if you would like you can give us a call, and we can discuss those further, as that is not information we can disclose on the forum.
      Thanks again for reaching out. We are confidential, so feel free to chat with us anytime.

• Me and my mum have always lived poor. Even to the point of where we have lived in someone’s garage not once. We started living with my dad but it didn’t go well and he moved out. He gave me money to go shopping with my friends and when I came back and my mum asked me how much I spent (on food). I went to this nice Greek place and had spent 8.70 but rounded it to £10 (uk) then she goes ballistic about how we don’t live that lifestyle and how she’s going to tell my dad. This ONE time I decided to treat myself because I’m done being poor and she’s the reason why I’m in this position in the first place and it’s not like I stole the money from her! She’s being annoying and I just wanna start life by myself away from her

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you so much for reaching out. It sounds like you and your mom have been through a lot and financial issues are putting a strain on your relationship. It’s understandable that you would feel like you’re “done being poor” and to feel that your situation is unfair. It is unfair and you deserve to feel comfortable and stable where you live. If you’d feel comfortable, perhaps it could be an option to talk to your mom about how you’ve been feeling; perhaps you two can work out an agreement about how to navigate financial situations. You mention that you want to start a life by yourself. We aren’t familiar with runaway laws in the UK, but you might find it helpful to talk to a counselor on the phone through one of these international helplines: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/. We wish you the very best of luck.
      Stay strong,
      NRS

• My parents divorced when I was young and my dad has always been abusive and manipulative. But if I go live with my mom I would be upset because my brothers connect with her. Because they are adults and older so I have to stay in my room. But I don’t want to live with grandparents because I would have to change my whole life, what do I do

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. You deserve to live somewhere where you feel safe and secure.

You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• My mom has been upset because I came home late and immediately assumed that just because I was a home late I was smoking or consuming drugs or alcohol she didn’t give me a chance to explain myself and just hit me and abused me I pushed her off me and we got in a fight . Now she won’t take me to school or work and when I try to stay at a friends house she doesn’t let me get clothes or she locks me out and even threatens to call the cops

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• Hi ithink my parents are verbaly abusing me my dad always tries to get on my nerves and explodes at stupid reasons. Today me and my friend were talking and she asked me if i was going to the pride parade and so i asked my mom and she got offended and she told my dad and he called me ignorant and that i could not hang put with my friends no more. Btw we are christians. My parents dont care for my well being and only care if im good and not dying and because of this i have had many mental breakdowns and i feel like im depressed but my parents shrug it off and say that every teen gpes through this. So my parents make me not have the will to live luckily my friends counter that what should i do im 14 amd need help

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension - everyone should be able to live somewhere where they are respected. You mentioned that you have had some mental breakdowns, struggled with depression and have had some thoughts about suicide. If you’d like some additional support regarding these mental health issues, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741. Another agency that could be of great help is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), they can help you locate low or no cost mental health care providers in your area. Their number is 1-877-726-4727 or you can go to their site at samhsa.gov. It also may be a good idea to talk to a school counselor/social worker about how you've been feeling and how your parents have been acting.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS

• Im having problems with my dad he keeps saying can't wait for me to turn 18 next year to leave. Every time I'm getting home he calls me a hoe and a mud cricket and is always putting me up for failure and I feel really unsafe there tired to live with my boyfriend but my dad threatened to call the comes on me and call me in as a run away and I don't want my boyfriend's family to have any problems. my dad gets me to the point of me cutting to smooth the pain he causes and there was multiple attempts of suicide because of him I can't do it anymore he get worse and worse each day

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be treated that way and called names. That could be considered as emotional abuse, if you would like to make an abuse report you can call The Child Help Line at- 1800-422-4453. We know that sometimes making abuse reports can be scary. If you would like our help please give us a call anytime and we would be happy to help make an abuse report on your behalf.
      You have also mentioned self-injury or having thoughts of suicide. We want you to know that you are valuable and you are worth living. If you are ever having thought of suicide you can always call The National Suicide Prevention Line at: 1800-273-8255. There is always someone who is willing to listen to whatever you may be going through. Another option could be talking to your school counselor about what is going on, sometimes talking to a professional can help you feel better.
      You also mentioned wanting to stay with your boyfriend. We are not legal experts but we do have general information on the laws. If you were to leave home without permission you could be considered as a runaway. If the police did find you they most likely would bring you back home if they deemed it safe. Also there is a thing called “harboring a runaway” that your boyfriend’s family could be charged with if they were letting you stay with them.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options more please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

• I don't want to live with my family anymore. My mom and dad keep fighting and arguing with each other and the police have come multiple times but when they do, my parents acts like a if nothing happened. I don't want to be here anymore and really want to live in an orphanage or a foster home , just not my real home I hate it here. I need help like now...

Comment

• Reply: I don't want to live with my family

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      It is times like these that it might be have some comfort to have a listening ear.
      We would like to be of assistance to you if we can.
      Sometimes it can be helpful to talk with someone about the situation and the feelings you have.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you as well as your son through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail, explore options and share more about how we can help specifically, we would be glad to listen and perhaps explore some options with you. Please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I dont want to live with my mom or dad but i want to go to the same school what should i do

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home where you don't feel comfortable. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do. If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
          NRS

• I don’t want to live my parents anymore they aren’t hurting me or anything they aren’t doing anything wrong I just don’t want to live with this I’m 13 I turn 14 in 6 months I have my reason. I’m thinking about getting pregnant, and my parents would not be happy with me. I live with my dad, step mom, and step sister. At 14 I would have a job I did research and I’m pretty stable In school. If there is anyway I can depart with my parents can you please share it with me. Thank you

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear you are going through this. It sounds like you are feeling frustrated with your home life. Regarding your main concern about leaving your home at 14, you can always leave if you feel it is necessary, but we are unaware of laws that would allow 14 year olds to work due to child labor laws. It is also worth mentioning that if you leave home without your parents' consent, your guardians would have to file a missing persons report or risk child endangerment charges. If you were to run away and stay with a friend without your parents' knowledge, unfortunately, the person you stay with could be charged with harboring a runaway. This is just to explain that there are a lot of potential legal ramifications to the option of leaving your dad and step mom's home. That said, you could pursue legal options such as emancipation, although this can be a pricey and drawn-out process unless your parents support that choice. With that in mind, we can discuss some other potential paths forward. If your dad and step mom don't make you feel comfortable enough to share your wants and goals, it seems like you may not feel respected by them. Individual counseling may help you reframe your relationship with your parents. Another option is to investigate family therapy, which may help you feel more seen and heard by your dad and step mom. Another option might be to call us so that we could conference call with you and your parents. We could referee and try to ensure there are civil ground rules and make sure everyone feels respected. If any of these sound interesting to you, please reach out to us so we could help refer you towards services near you. Finally, if you are considering becoming pregnant or already are, we recommend reaching out to Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526. They could help you better understand what to expect or how to best prepare for a commitment like that. It is also worth keeping in mind that in most states you need to be over the age of 16 in order to withdraw from school, which is an added element to balance.

Or, if you just need to talk out more options and figure out your next steps, please call us and we can help you figure things out. Thank you again for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline, and we wish you the best of luck.

• I'm 15 years old i don't want to live with my mom anymore sometimes she is nice but she gets angry very easily and this makes me angry and when she is angry she starts insulting me in the worst way and this makes me really think that i don't want to be like her when i grow up because ill know how my kid will fell like. I'm not gonna lie i was thinking about suicide long time ago and i even tried today i have nobody to talk to i don't go out because i have to look out for my sis i have a lot of anger in me so sometimes i shout at my sister and she is 5 and i'm not proud of it. I tried to talk to her about how i feel but she don't listen and she don't let me even speak. She used to be a good mother and she has a great determination that i like but most of the time i feel like she don't love me and sometimes i hate her. When i grow up i want to be rich and help other people i'm really good and respectful at school but she only look for the negatives things in me and this makes me more mad. We lived in italy before and there i had friends and i had more liberties but here i'm stuck in the same routine and i really don't like this i really want to go. She is really nice with every one but me.... Sometimes she gets mad because i don't smile but it's only with her that i'm like this with my friends i'm always smiling..... please help

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, and thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon. Be safe and stay strong, NRS

• My parents kicked me out two months ago .I was staying with my grandparents and they just kicked me out. My parents only let me back in because I told them that if my grandparents kicked me out I was going to kill myself. My parents and I cannot get along and been not even a full day back with them and they've already tried taking everything from me. I turn 18 in 5 months, but I can't put up with another second of this. What are my options? I need to get out of here .

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• My parent are divorce and im only 14. I live with my mom and i used to visit my dad, but that stopped when he married my stepmom and she is verbally abusive, and my dad does nothing about it. My dad lives in Texas and my mom and I live in Pennsylvannia. I cant take living with my mom anymore, but i cant live with my dad because of my stepmom. My mom has called me many names and has told me to go live with my dad. My mom married a guy and he's nice and all bu they often get in fights, sometimes physical, and i get caught in the middle of it. My mom trys to make me take her side but i never do because she's never taken care of me and she neglects her resposibilities as a parent. Then, she tries to guilt trip me and she makes my stepdad look like the bad guy, but i dont think they will last because my mom has had MANY boyfriends and husbands. When i call her out she gets pissed at me and calls me names. My mom has tried many times to break into my room. I would move to my dads if it werent for the fact that i have friends where i live and i have a boyfriend i dont want to leave. I dont know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• My parents have told me that they don't want me as a child for months I am 16 right now and I will be 17 the end of the year my parents are going through separation right now and all they do is blame it on me I don't know what to do anymore I need to leave soon I feel like I'm going crazy being in this house I can't be here. I have had friends tell me I can go live with them and my boyfriend and his parents said I can come there also I just don't know what to do I feel like if I'm in this house any longer I am going to end up killing myself

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          Be safe and stay strong,
          NRS

• my mom committed suicide. my dad is struggling and is really emotionally hurting me. my sister is going to college. i feel so alone. is there somewhere else i can live?

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you and your family have been through so much, and you are feeling alone and you are wanting to live elsewhere. It's understandable that you are thinking about living somewhere else, here at NRS we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

If you haven't already, you might try to talk to someone about how you are feeling, both informally with friends and supportive family and formally with a counselor or therapist. You so deserve to be supported during this difficult time. If you are in need of counseling resources, do not hesitate to call or chat us for those: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org. There are individual counseling services that are focused on you and also family counseling services that are focused on you all as a family unit and how you communicate.

You mentioned wanting to know if there is somewhere else you can live. Possibly, we do not have enough information about your situation to address your housing options. If you call or chat us, we can help brainstorm your options and look for local resources.

In your post, you said that you are emotionally hurting and feeling so alone. Those feelings are significant, and here at NRS we want you to know, even though it might not feel like it, you are never alone and there is always hope for you. You must be incredibly resilient and strong for going through all this. There are people and resources out there who truly want to help you. Know that you can always call or chat us if you need to talk to someone. We are here for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X