Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright so my situation is at school my grades slipped a little and now hes on me. This has been like this all my life. one little c and suddenly i cant do any thing. Now that im in high school this are suddenly so different. My grade dropped to a c for one little week and my dad was yelling at me telling me that i better get that grade up. Then on my report card i got all as and bs and my dad still yelled at me because of some of the comments i got saying that if i missed one more assignment that i would get beat and i would be on punishment for the rest of the year. At this pint im starting to give up on school a little and when i got 2 ds he told me no entertainment. I cant even read books now and now all i can do at home is study. I really want to leave right now and the only thing ill miss is my twin brother because my mom just sits by and lets this happen and completely agrees with my dad. I honestly dont know what to do and im def not running away in fall almost winter.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for writing in. It sounds like your relationship with your father can be pretty tense and it’s very frustrating that he puts so much pressure on you to get good grades. It’s understandable that you would feel upset and unsure what to do. Grades like As and Bs are something to be proud of—it sounds like you’re working as hard as you can. You also mention that your father threatens to beat you; this is absolutely not okay. No one deserves to be beat by their parent. We’re not sure what the situation looks like outside of your grades, but if you feel like you are being abused we encourage you to reach out to an adult you trust, like your teachers or guidance counselor. Another good resource could be the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453.
      As far as your grades, we encourage you to reach out to your teachers if you need support. They are there to help you and they want you to succeed! It could also be a good idea to get some friends together for a study group or get a tutor if that’s an option for you. It could also be helpful to ask a teacher to call your dad when you do well—often, parents don’t get to hear about the awesome things you do every day. Perhaps your father needs reminding.
      We hope this was helpful, but if you want to talk more about your situation you’re always welcome to call us at 1-800-786-2929. We’re happy to listen and help you think through your options.
      Sincerely,
      NRS

• hi im 14 and i dont wanna live with my mom anymore and i never see my dad i havent seen him in year my mom dont talk about him. but my mom never let me leave the house im always here 24/7, she dont even take me anywhere so i havent been outside for a couple weeks now or more idk. it feels like im in a prison i cant go outside, i have to clean every single day and nobody helps they make me clean everything. my mom calls me names once in awhile, she makes fun of my weight too. ive tried to get ouut before but when i do try to get help my mom switches up and acts like the best mom in the world till the inspection is over then she goes back to her normal self of treating me like a slave. i just dont wanna b here anymore i always feel depressed.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline! It sounds like you are going through a lot at home with your mom and it takes a lot of bravery to talk about what has been going on. We can certainly talk about a few things and you’re always welcome to reach back out to us over our phone lines at 1-800-RUNAWAY or on our online chat system at 1800runaway.org.
      It sounds like what your mom has been doing is not fair to you and you do not deserve to have your weight made fun of and treated like a slave as you said. If you haven’t tried before, you can think about talking to your support systems like a family member, friends, or a trusted teacher/guidance counselor if you feel comfortable and are able to. Having them try to talk to your grandparents may bring in an outside perspective to what they have been saying and its effects on you. We are also here to advocate you if you want to call us and we can talk to you about talking to your mom or conference calling with them too. This would mean you would have to call us and we can call out to your mom with you on the line and facilitate a call that will try to bring compromise and understanding to both sides. It is always up to you and we can explore these further if you would like.
      You also mentioned feeling depressed and we can offer resources if you would like. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) (1-800-950-NAMI/ Text NAMI to 741741) is a great resource that can refer you to resources as well as talk about what has been going on. Additionally, a school counselor or teacher you trust can be a great resource to talk to if you are comfortable. We are also always here for you if you want to talk about how you are feeling. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is also always there for you and you do not have to be suicidal to reach out. You do not have to go through this alone and it takes a lot of strength to reach out.
      Don’t hesitate to reach back out if you want to talk further and explore what we have talked about or brainstorm other ideas. It sounds like you are mature and trying your hardest and we are always here for you. We hope to hear from you soon!

• My parents forcefully want to move me to Pakistan and admission me to a boarding school over there but I DONT want to go. What do i do

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are dealing with a stressful situation. Going to a new school in a different country could be scary. You could consider expressing your concerns to your parents and telling them why you do not want to attend school in Pakistan and how it is making you feel. You could also see if your parents would give you permission to stay with a family member, or a trusted friend. If you were to leave home without permission before 18 you could be considered as a runaway. We are not legal experts but in most states the legal age to leave home is 18. If the police found you they most likely would bring you back home to your legal guardians. If you would like a more clear answer about the laws on running away you may call your local non-emergency police department. We hope this information will be useful in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to discuss in more detail about your situation, feel free to call us we are available 24/7. We wish you the best of luck, stay strong!
      NRS

• i’m only twelve and i have crippling depression. my dad and family are the biggest cause for it. i recently told them about it and for once they listened (before when i told them they just laughed and made fun of me). when i told my dad that they were the reason why, he started yelling at me and how i was being selfish and not taking responsibility and blaming others for my depression. he is also emotionally abusive aswell as sometimes physically (he once threw his trainers at my face and hit with my belt when i was defending my brother) my family also do borderline sexual harassment but they all do it to each other but i’ve clearly expressed how i was uncomfortable with it. i want to leave so badly. my best friend tells me that i should called childline or social services however my younger brother is autistic so i’m terrified that we’ll be separated. i don’t know what to do. i want to get out of this place before i do something drastic but i’m scared that i’ll regret leaving even though it’s bad for me here. please, i beg of you, tell me what i should do.

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are undergoing some extremely difficult experiences and you should not be treated in a way that makes you feel abused and uncomfortable in your own home or anywhere. Your best friend sounds very supportive of you and it is good that you can rely on them to help you with sorting these things out. With regards to calling to child abuse reporting services such as Child Help (1-800-422-4453 or childhelp.org), you can call them and just ask questions about what the reporting process is like and the possible outcomes of reporting because they are not always separation of parent and child. Sometimes, people who are in similar situations to yours find some effective support in therapy. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is a resource that helps youth find local therapy or counseling options and is reachable at 1-800-950-NAMI or nami.org.

Otherwise, we would be happy to help you try and sort out an alternative living situation and if that’s something you are interested in please contact us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or on chat at 1800runaway.org.

• I do not want to live with my parents anymore

I am convnced that my step mom hates me because she constantly gets mad at me for stupid things and i swear she tries her best to find something or make something my fault so my dad will get mad. Do to me lying to them about things in the past ( because they always overreact and start threatining to hurt me or send me to jail) no one beleives me about anything. awhile ago and quite recently my father hit me with a closed fist multiple times leaving bruises and he tried to bang by head on a wooden post. But because he is very good at conversating he somehow always wins when child servces gets involved. And again do to him winning the last few times nobody believes me anymore. So i started getting depressed started taking medicine and abusing those , i started drinking and smoking cigrettes. and it got to the point i couldnt take it so i snuck out to go see some not so good friends and they never showed up so ijust didnt go back because i didnt want to go back to a life where they can do whatever they want and no one will do anything about it becuase no one believes me. so when i finnally turned my self in about a day later he got mad and started hitting me in my mid section and wanted me to fight him. i said no i didnt want to hit him and he said " C'mon hit me. so i can hit you so hard in the face that your eye wont hold itself in place and you will have to eat through a straw for 3 months". He continued to hit me and hit me. and after that night everything has just went down hill. they yell at me for no reason. they pulled me outta school and i have to work on a job site and deal with my dad all day, im failing the 9th grade now, and all i want to do is leave but all my family is in PA and im stuck all the way down i alabama. i dont know what to do. im only 15

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thanks so much for reaching out. It sounds like you’ve been through a great deal of pain and abuse, none of which anyone should have to experience. You deserve so much better and it’s great that you’re telling someone about all this. We’re sorry that you’ve had to experience so much suffering. But it’s great that you’re asking for some help.

First of all, it’s crucial that your health and safety is taken care of. You’ve mentioned that you’ve turned to self-medication to help cope with the stress and abuse. That’s perfectly understandable and we don’t blame you, but you might want to consider some other options to keep your long-term health in mind. If you haven’t yet, you can always reach out to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) at 1-800-950-6264 for resources and support regarding your mental health. SAMHSA specializes in substance abuse and you can reach them at 1-877-726-4727. And if things are getting to the point where you think about hurting yourself, don’t hesitate to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

Given your history with CPS, it’s understandable that you don’t have much faith in the system. But sometimes repeated attempts to report, with as much evidence and explanation on your part as possible, can make a big difference. Your safety is the most important thing and you always have the right to report anyone infringing on it. Also, while your extended family might be far away geographically, you might want to try telling them about what you’ve gone through if you haven’t already. It may seem like no one believes you right now but there are people who will hear your story and support you. It’s important that you don’t give up hope on that fact.

If nothing else, don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at 1-800-786-2929 if you have any more questions or simply want to talk. Our crisis hotline is available 24/7 and there is always someone here to listen. We can explore more options and help figure out some solutions together. If calling isn’t your thing, you can also use our chat service at 1800runaway.org.

Thanks again for reaching out. You’ve been through a tremendous amount of hardship and it takes a lot of courage to ask for help. But that’s the first step toward making things better. We hope to hear from you soon.

• Can my child say if wants to live with me or not at age 14 to live with somone not related to us

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for contacting hte National Runaway Safeline. While we are not legal experts, a minor generally has to live with his guardian/s, though arrangements can be made by the guardian for the youth to live with someone else related or unrelated. It might be a good idea to have those sorts of arrangements documented in some way just so that they can be referred back to if necessary. If you meant can your child ask to live somewhere else, legally, they can ask for anything. You are not necessarily obligated to follow that direction, but the child does have the right to ask. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or on chat at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
      NRS

• I'm 14 and my mom just is a ********ing ********** sometimes alway's comeing home in a bad mood. Always yelling and throwing a fit, I just can't stand her is there anything I can do about that

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and ask for help. It seems like you are going through a difficult time right now.

You have some options depending on your situation such as reaching out to a trusted adult about how you have been feeling lately. Teachers and school counselors are mandated reporters, so if you give them evidence of serious abuse happening at home, they can help you contact the police. If this is not something you feel comfortable doing, Child Help, 1-800-422-4452, is one number that has many resources that can help you with your options.

Another option you have is talking to your mom. If it’s possible that she does not realize how much her actions are affecting you, it might help to talk to her first.

Finally, you can always reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are toll-free, confidential, and 24/7.

Good luck,
      NRS

• Hi, I am 18 and I have been thinking of getting out of my house I am about to graduate high school in around 6 months, but I honestly can’t with my family anymore. They verbally abuse me mostly my mom and my sister. My sister has said all my secrets to my mom, my mom told me to pack my stuff and leave that her and my problems would be over. I really want to get out of my house but I don’t know where to go. I want to graduate and my plans are to leave for college and not come back nor contact them I just want to be away from my family. If I leave home I am concerned my mom will create problems with anyone else just to find out where I am.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a pretty stressful situation. It’s never okay for anyone to abuse you in any way and we’re glad to hear that you’re considering other options. You sound like a mature and resilient young person. You mention that you’re not sure where you might go if you left. Some options to consider are staying with a friend, family member, or perhaps a transitional living program (TLP). TLPs provide housing for somewhere between 6-18 months and are designed to help young adults get on their feet and “learn the ropes” of adulthood. If you would like assistance locating a TLP near you, feel free to reach out to us at 1-800-786-2929 any time. You also mention that you’re concerned your mom will create problems with others to find out where you are. That’s pretty frustrating, but on the other hand you are a legal adult in most states and your mother no longer has a right to know where you are. If it gets out of hand, you or your friends/partner/etc might consider blocking your mom’s number or even getting the police involved if she’s saying threatening things or is physically hurting others.
      Thank you again for reaching out. It sounds like a tough situation and we wish you the best of luck. If you need resources or just need help talking through your options, don’t hesitate to reach out to us any time at 1-800-786-2929 or use our chat feature on this website. Take care and stay strong!
      --NRS

• I live in an apartment with 4 people in it, my mom, me, my little sister, and my moms boyfriend. Well im not sure if they are dating because when i ask about it my mom doesnt even know. But he has always been here and he makes me feel like ********. He makes fun of how i look and calls me ugly all the time and he will laugh at me and in the past he has yelled at me for no reason. One time he broke through my bedroom door because my little sister was throwing a fit because she wanted a laser pointer to play with the cats and i didnt have one and he was going through all of my stuff and i said i didnt have one and to stop throwing stuff around and he started yelling at me, there have been multipul situations like this. Ive told my mom i dont like him and that he treats me like ******** but hes still here and it hurts because she is there whenever he is being mean. She doesnt even care and i feel like such a dissapointment and i just dont want to be here anymore. I have delt with depression when i was younger i am currently 14 years old and i am so done with everything. Whenever i tried to tell my mom i was sad and i needed help she always shut me down and never took me seriously and i dont know how to get help and i just cant live here anymore because this place just isnt safe for me.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. Wow what you are describing is emotional abuse. You do not deserve to be talked to that way at all. If you wish to report this you can call The Child Helpline at: 1800-422-4453. We know that making these reports can be scary if you would like our help you can call us, and we would be more than happy to help. And for your mom’s boyfriend to be going through your stuff is an invasion of privacy, and we are sorry you are going through that. Also you mentioned your mom does not listen to you, it must be really difficult not being heard. You could consider talking to a school counselor about what is going on and they may be able to provide you with resources, or be there to listen. We also offer conference calling, so if you call us we can call out to your mother and help you be heard and have her listen to what is going on. You also mentioned feelings of depression, if you would like you can contact the National Alliance for Mental Health at 1800-950-NAMI. If you do not feel safe at home, is there any where else you can stay. You could consider asking a friend or relative to take you in. We hope this information was helpful in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to discuss more please feel free to give us a call, we are available 24/7. And we know it might seem like a tough situation right now, but things can change and it may not be this way forever. Stay Strong!
      NRS

• All I do is cause my family pain and no matter how hard I try I can never do anything right. I have messed up in the pass like a lot and they don’t believe me that I have changed. I don’t want to be under the same roof as them knowing I cause them so much pain. I don’t know what to do anymore and honestly I have thought of kms a couple times because of how bad I mess things up. I’m wondering if there is places I can go to leave this life because I know that it’s what is best for them.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-28-2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• Reply:All I do is cause my familey pain....

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      It sounds like you are going through some remorse about things that may have happened in the past.
      It also sounds like you have been working on setting things right moving forward. Good for you.
      Somethings take time but there may be other options to explore to help mend things. This may feel like an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      Sometimes having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring about a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

NRS is here to listen and here to help. You did a great job reaching out and we hope you will continue to do so.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

You are welcome to discuss your situation and talk about possible options for help.
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I hate it at home
        my parent's have taken away all the things i need and wish i wasn't alive please help.
        Ever since puberty started for me my mom has treated me like ******** and made herself out as the victim.
        I just to live in peace away from everyone in my crazy house.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you’ve been having a pretty rough time at home lately and you could use some support and resources. Everyone deserves to feel safe and comfortable at home. We are here to help and support you in any way that we can, and your safety is our top priority.

You mentioned that you wished you weren’t alive. We do want to take this statement seriously and let you know that you can call us at 1-800-786-2929 or the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 any time you are seriously feeling like you want to end your life. Another possible resource we’d like to mention is counseling. If you feel that you and your parents may benefit from any type of family counseling, you can call us and we can try to locate services close to you.

You expressed frustration with the actions of your parents and being treated poorly, If you would like to try to have a productive conversation with your parents about these issues, an option would be conference calling with us here at National Runaway Safeline. This is a service we offer here, where youth can call us and we can talk, and then we could make a call out to your mom to facilitate a conversation between the two of you, and make sure that everything you were hoping to communicate is said. If you want to talk about options for somewhere to go, please give us a call and we will talk you through it and do our best to answer your questions. We are hoping to hear from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

Best of luck and stay safe,

NRS

• I have tried running away before telling my mum and dad that I’m going to a friends house but I have never known what to do or where to go as I’m only 14,my mum and dad make out that there amazing but really there the worst they say I’m a horrible child and they try to hit me and have frightened me so much before,I don’t know what to do now?

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you’re in a scary situation and wondering where to turn. First of all, what you’re describing from your parents is abuse, and no one deserves to be treated that way. You have the right to report this abuse to the authorities -- either by calling the police, telling a teacher at school, or contacting the abuse reporting hotline in your state. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a 24/7 hotline like NRS that can answer questions about the reporting process and connect you with the right resources in your area. We are also here for you 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929. Please know you are not alone, and you deserve to feel safe and cared for.

• I’m 16 and live with my mom and dad. I’ve been having really tough issues with my parents envolving me smoking and using nicotine. They have caught me multiple times and I don’t know what to do anymore. They are so against those things they are treating it like i’m doing meth. They are saying they are going to make me do drug rehab and counseling but I don’t want to. The situations have made me depressed and I feel no connection with my parents like they hate me and are constantly on my ass. I’m always happy and energetic when i’m with my friends at school or hanging out. But I never feel happy coming home and they are grounding me for more than 3 months. I don’t know what to do. I feel like it’s not mentally healthy for me to be at home and I want to be somewhere else.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• i’m 13 but absolutely hate both my mums and my dads my whole family hates me and i’ve got depression but i can’t talk to my parents about it. i want to move out but there’s no where for me to go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X