Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: My mom uses slapping as discipline

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are sorry you have been harmed in the past by your mother. You don't deserve to mistreated in any way. You have the right to be protected from harm and you could file an abuse report with local authorities and child protective services. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 can help explore abuse reporting with you. We can also explain the process and help file a report if you would like. It seems you are stuck with what to do and may benefit from talking with someone about safe options and helpful resources available to you. If you would like to talk, please reach out by phone or chat 1-800-786-2929 or www.1800runaway.org for chat. Our services are free and confidential.

We hope you stay safe and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I can't do it

I can't deal with the fact I'm stuck here..mom hates me..sisters don't give two ***** about me, I don't wanna be here no more, my mom is trying to get rid of me, when she messes up she blames me,something goes missing she blames me, and she wonders why I smoke pot.. She breaks my stuff, she destroyed my laptop, destroys every phone I get, over little things, my sisters raise there voice to her she doesn't bat an eye, when I do its hell on earth..I can't deal with it no more

Comment

Re: I can't do it

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your story through our online forum. It must be really frustrating to be feel like no matter what you do, you and your mom will have a conflict. We can imagine that it would be really uncomfortable feeling unwelcomed at home by your mom and your sisters and it sounds incredibly frustrating to have your things broken when your mom gets upset.

Is there anyone who you feel like you can talk to about what you're going through at home? Maybe a friend, relative, or someone who works at your school? Perhaps there's someone your mom might listen to who could vouch for you and help communicate how her actions are upsetting you.

If there isn't anyone that you feel would be helpful to your situation, you can always call or chat with us and we can brainstorm some ideas of how to go about your situation. We are always here to listen if you just need someone to hear to you out.

If you're thinking about leaving home, there's a lot to consider. Like who you would stay with, how you would get around, pay for things, etc. We would be glad to discuss with you your situation in more detail if you would like.

Best of luck,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I dont want to live with my parents no more

Hi im having some issues with my parents and m not comfertable staying in this family i hope theres something you can do so i can live with other people like another family

Comment

RE: I dont want to live with my parents no more

Hello there –

Thanks for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline with your concerns. From your email to us here, we can see that you have very similar questions to a lot of our callers and you’re looking for some answers. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do or what your next step might be from this point on. Unfortunately we are just a crisis call center, so us “doing something” so that you can live with other people/family is very unlikely.

The only way that you will be removed from your parents’ custody legally is if you report any abuse that was happening at home and there was an investigation that found it unfit for you to live there or if you filed for emancipation (every state is different, but you have to be 16 years or older). Those are the only two ways that you can legally leave your home. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, harassment, and neglect) to your local police department or child protective service in your state.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you about what has been going on recently. We also have an online chat service available every day.

Comment

Hello

Hello my mum and dad split up about 2 years ago now and since my mum has had a new fiancé she has been shouting and having ago at me for no reason what so ever and I just can't take it no more.

We are always arguing an I don't want to even live with her anymore but I don't want to move to my dads either because he wouldn't let me out like I normally do.my mum always calls my nan and complains to her about me and then my Nan talks to me about it but my mum never tells her the truth and never tells her what she does about me.

I just need somewhere to go I hate it here i get. Picked on in school quite slit and then as soon as I come home my stepdad just enjoys to take the piss out of me and I can't take it anymore I just need somewhere to go .

Comment

Re: I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeliine, it sounds like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like home is a pretty stressful place for you and you feel as if you are ready to leave.

It sounds like you are trying to explore some options and see what would be best for your situation. If you are able to give us a call, this is something that we would be able to explore with you. If you are interested in talking with us further more about your options, please feel free to give us a call or to reach out to us through chat. We can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or our chat services can be accessed on 1800RUNAWAY.org.

We wish you the best of luck and hope to get your call or chat soon.

Stay strong,

NRS

Comment

I am 14 years old and having the same problem. My parents don't treat me like my other sisters.

Comment

No more Mom

My mom dosent trust me to do anything but ive never done anything to make her loose trust im a good kid. I get good grades, i dont do drugs, and i dont get into trouble

Comment

Re: No more Mom

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you are really frustrated by your mom’s lack of trust in you. It seems like you make a lot of responsible decisions by getting good grades and by not doing things that would make her loose trust in you.

It must be really hurtful to be reminded regularly that she doesn’t trust you. Do you feel like you have anyone in your life who could help you to communicate to her how this makes you feel. Maybe there’s another family member, or even a school counselor that you could talk to about how much this is affecting you and steps you can take to have better communication between you and your mom.

A resource that you may find useful is Teen Line: https://teenlineonline.org/. You can call or text them if you want to talk with someone around your age. We are always here to listen to what you are going through if you want to talk about some of the struggles you’re having at home or want to talk about some options.

We hope to hear from you,

Best,
                      NRS

Comment

I hate my mom and step dad

My mom and step dad are always trying to control me never give me a chance to prove I can be better and I hated my mom since I was 9 and I am now 15 bout to turn 16 i wanna run away but they threaten to call the cops what do I do

Comment

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear that you’re having such a difficult time at home. Thank you for having the courage to ask for help. It seems like you are really stressed out at home and are trying to figure out a way to deal with it. Everyone deserves to be in a safe environment at home.

Although we are not legal experts, we can give you some general information about running away. Running away is not a crime. It is a status offence. This means that you cannot be arrested for running away. However if your parents file a runaway report, the police will be mandated to bring you back to their house if they pick you up. Depending on where you live, the people you are staying with might be charged with “harboring a runaway.” This is a criminal offence. Again, it really depends on where you live whether the cops will pursue this.

There are some other options that might help. Counseling is one. We have many referrals in our database that we could help you with. Another option is to stay temporarily with a relative in your area with your parents’ permission. This would give you the space to cool down and talk to your parents when it isn’t so heated.

If you think that running away is the best option for you and want to talk to someone about your plans, you can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800RUNAWAY or reach us through our live chat at www.1800runaway.org between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST. We wish the best of luck in dealing with you situation and look forward to hearing from you soon. Stay strong!

Best,
                          NRS

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Moms being unfair

Lately I've been hating my mom she makes me really angry like today she said I could go to town and now she's saying I have to come back earlier at like 4 rather then 6:30 and I was going to spend St Patrics day in town with my friends then have a sleepover(I've had sleepovers with this person before) now she's saying she wants me to go to town at 4 rather then 12:30 in the morning and I snapped and said that's not fair and now I'm not aloud go to town only the sleepover and now she's saying my attitude is horrible and she's threatened not to let me go on the sleepover or easter holidays or summer holidays with my family I just don't want to live with her anymore we used to be close but not anymore I just want to runaway or live with my grandad and nan what should I do?

Comment

RE: Moms being unfair

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like mom suddenly changed her mind about what she has previously said you were allowed to do. That can be really frustrating, especially since you sound like you’ve been looking forward to hanging out with your friends for St. Patrick’s Day.

Since you’ve mentioned that you and your mother have been close in the past, it sounds like there might be a reason for her changing the times you’ve agreed on. Can you think of anything that might have happened that would cause her to do this? It might be helpful to see if there is any kind of alternative arrangement if you were relying on her for a ride into town or see if there’s someone else’s parent or a member of your family willing to give you a ride home the next day so you could stay longer. It might be that these times for meeting with your friends have created some kind of conflict in your mother’s life that you may not be aware of.

If none of this works and mom is still threatening to take away privileges, you could try calling in here to explore your situation a little further. Before you decide to leave home we wanted to let you know that we offer a conference call service where we act as mediators to try and sort out such arguments. You’d need to call us to start this, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), but it might be helpful to demonstrate how important these things are to you and see if there’s any common ground for you and mom in this issue.

Best of luck,

NRS

Comment

my parentsd saw 1 pic of me thst they dont lke i want to leave but have no wee to go but i still want to go to my highschoolwhat should i do nothing i ever do is good enough for them. they make me feel like ******** every day by reminding me that im a mistake and constantly saying im a disappointment plz help me what should i do

Comment

Working...
                                X