Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do I do, my parents always yelling at me, whooping me with belts, wooden paddle and takes away all my freedom.she takes items I bought with my money I don't want to stay her no more I feel as if everything I do isn't good enough for them can someone come get me out of here.

Comment

• Hey There,
      Thank you for reaching out to NRS, we know that it takes great courage to share your story, and we appreciate that you reached out to us. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time, and from what you are describing it sounds like abuse. You should not have to deal with any type of abuse. You should feel safe when you are at home. If you would like you can report the abuse by calling The National Abuse Hotline at : 1800-422-4453. If you do not feel comfortable doing this alone you can call us and we would be more than happy to help ypu on reporting the abuse. It also sounds hard that things you have bought with your own money have been taken away. Have you reached out to anyone else about this? Another Resource that may be helpful for you is National Safe Place. You can text National Safe Place from any phone and they should be able to find you a safe place. If you text “safe” with your zipcode to 44357, they will reply back with a list of safe places. You could also go online at NationalSafePlace.com and look up safe places that way. We hope this information helped you. We are available 24/7 so if you have any more questions feel free to give us a call or chat with us. Good Luck!
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• i hate my dad and i only want to live with my mom and im 16 what do i do

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like you are in a rough situation and you are wanting to only live with your mom, and not our dad. Unfortunately, we do not know enough about your situation to be able to talk through your options with you, so if you would like to talk in detail about your situation please do not hesitate to call or chat us.
          If your parents have split custody, you might reach out to your mom to see if she would be willing to go to court to attempt to obtain full custody of if she can get informal permission from your dad for you to live with her. If that is not your situation, again please contact us through chat or calling 1-800-RUNAWAY so we can better understand your circumstances. We have legal resources if your mom needs help from legal experts, or a conference call service if you would like to have a mediated conversation with one of your guardians. We are here to listen and help as best we can, and we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

Best,

NRS

• I agrue with my parents and siblings everyday I fight untill we bleed with them I love them but I don’t I’m tired of ********ing living in this apartment I just need to get the ******** away from my family all they do is just start drama smoke weed and start problems with each other I can’t ********ing take this anymore I think I wanna kill my self and plus I still gotta worry about school so I won’t fall back in school and I honestly can ********ing take it I smoke my self and I do everything I can to escape but I’m still trapped at the same time I just wanna end it all

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation.

We want you to know that your safety is so very important to us and your life has worth. It sounds like you are thinking about ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the NationalSuicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out atwww.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

It sounds like your family doesn’t treat each other very well. It’s completely understandable that the way that your family is treating you has effected your mental health. We offer a conference calling service, between youth and their parents. If you ever wanted our help talking to your parents about how you're being treated at home, we're always here to make that call with you.

If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can explain what usually happens. We’re not legal experts, but from our general knowledge, running away is not illegal. If you runaway, your mom can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. We offer to call out to youth’s local police, with youth, to find out their protocols. We can also look for runaway shelters in your area, that way you have a safe place to stay at.

We hope our response is helpful. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you. Also, talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with great support. You are not alone in this. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center if you'd like to talk more about your situation.

Be safe, NRS

• Hi, i have been having problems with my mother lately. Well this has been going on for almost 2 years now. My mom gives off this vibe where she doesn't care about me or love me. She always yells at me and fights with me for sometimes no reason to it. I have cut myself because of my mother a lot in the past months. I haven't yet but i always feel the need too because she makes me feel like ******** or makes me feel like i want to die. My father doesn't talk to me and it's been 2 years now. But i really would rather live with my dad then live with my mother. She is the main reasons i would cut myself for. I tried to attempt suicide once with an overdose which didn't work because of her. I really don't like living at home and would reconsider living somewhere else. Please help with information.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out. We’re sorry to hear about your problems with your mother, and how hard things have been for you at home. It sounds like the treatment you get from your mother has made your life really hard, and we totally understand why you’d want to live somewhere else.

If your mother is your legal guardian, then you can live with your father with her permission. If you don’t have her permission, and your father isn’t your guardian (doesn’t have custody of you), then moving to live with him would count as running away. Running away can go different ways and have different consequences depending on things like how old you are and where your father lives. If that’s something you think you want to do, we can talk about it in more detail.

You must be very strong to have put up with everything at home for so long. Do you have people who you can talk to about these issues when they get bad? It can help to talk with friends, or adults who you trust like teachers. Your school might also have a counselor who is trained to talk with people in situations like yours about what they can do. If you end up feeling so bad that you want to attempt suicide again, please give us a call or call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

If you want to talk more, we’d love to speak with you. You can post again in this forum, chat us online at 1800runaway.org, or call us at 1-800-786-2929. Please let us know how else we can help!

-NRS

• My mom is forcing me to be a big happy family whne i dont want to be. This is not fair. I ran from her and she wont let me do anything. Shes taking away my clothes and and my shoes. I just cant deal with this family and shes forcing my step dad to be my dad. Im very sad and i dont want to live in this house anymore. I dont want nothing to do with her.I just want to die.

Comment

• ccsmod8
          ccsmod8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline on our public forum, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. We do want to say that it must be very hard for you to have to go through all of this. To feel controlled and restricted in any way must not feel good at all. Hopefully by supporting you there are other that are reading through this thread that can relate can feel helped as well.

Since you stated that your thoughts sometimes turn to harming yourself and that you “just want to die”, it might be best to reach out to the other agencies for some help. That is a very serious thing to be thinking about. If you are ever close to hurting yourself again like you said, you can call out to the police for some direct services, they can come by and check up on you and make sure that you are okay. You shouldn't be afraid to tell other people what you are thinking about doing especially if you are thinking about hurting yourself. You are certainly not alone in this and there are many many people that are here to help you. A good resource might be to call the ‘National Suicide Hotline’ for someone to talk about what thoughts you might be thinking at the time. Their number is 800.273.TALK. They also have an online chat service that might be of help to you especially if you don’t feel like calling in (https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/).

It sounds like you might some specific questions that you want to ask us or maybe find a place to vent about what you are feeling right now. It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. Now we do offer a service that is basically a Conference Call where the parent, the youth, and us would be on the phone talking about what has been going on. This way there can be a mediator in between keeping things calm and productive. If you’d feel more comfortable with doing that, just know that it’s always available. It might be a great way to talk about what you are going through mentally and maybe come up with ways to help you feel like not running away.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and could potentially help you brainstorm a possible solution to the issues you are having. We would love to talk to you.

• I'm 17, and I want to run away from my home. My parents aren't abusive at all, if anything they love me dearly, but the place that I've been living in for years, just doesn't feel like home anymore..
        I feel miserable, and want to lock myself with all these demons that are haunting me, and I can't talk to anyone about it because I don't want to.... It may come off as a little stupid.... But I just don't feel like I belong here anymore .... There are days when I'm surrounded with all these people inlovw

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello-
          Thanks for reaching out to NRS we understand it can be a difficult time right now and commend you for reaching out and seeking help. Our goal is to inform you as best we can about what your options are.
          From what we gather about your story there are some personal demons that you are battling with. Please know you aren’t alone. That there are people who actually get it and understand. You’ve mentioned enough words that elude to suicide. Please now that if you are having suicidal thoughts or actions you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255). From there you will be able to talk about what has been on your mind. You matter, your life matters. Another option is to call us as well. We can talk about things with you, we are confidential and always try to help in any way we can. Again know there are resources available to you at any time. If you do happen to runaway know NRS can provide you with shelter, transitional housing, food pantries in your area if you ever do so choose to runaway.
          Again we want to thank you for contacting us in your time of need. We know that at times like these it can be hard to feel like there is a way out. We hope that the options provided for you were enough to help you make an informed decision. If for any reason you have more questions or concerns you can call us at (1-800-786-2929) or use our chat option online at (www.1800runaway.org).
          Best Wishes - NRS

• I cant take it anymore. My mom will is loud insulting rood and mean to me.My teachers hate me one even lies about me.My dad hits me and takes my stuff.He dosent work cause he dosent have a job. He dosent clean.He cares more about his friends than family.He forces his religion on me and if I do or say or even think otherwise I will be beaten. He has a whole another family on a different contient.cheated on my mom and had a kid. Forces me to work on weekends.And school breaks. He isn't from US.They make me feel worthless some nights I can't sleep. Some I cry myself to sleep. And some nights I don't. .I'm afraid I feel lonely things at school suck and at home. Please Help Me

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We understand it takes a lot of strength to reach out for help when times are difficult and we want to acknowledge that fortitude. You sound like a very resilient person but even still, no one deserves to be treated the way you are being treated especially in their own home and by their own family. It sounds like your dad is not providing a stable home for you and you also mentioned some signs of what might be physical abuse. It might be in your best interest to look into reporting this behavior. If you are interested in understanding what that might look like or entail, please contact the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or at childhelp.org. There may be other options and we would like to talk with you about how we can help. Please do not hesitate to contact us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or on chat at 1800runaway.org if you would like to talk about what those might be.

• Im 16 going on 17 in january. i want to leave my home on my 17th birthday because of a lot of mental and emotional abuse. my mom doesnt like my boyfriend and broke my phone when she found out i was still in contact with him so i want to leave when i get enough money saved, but i dont want to be considered a runaway, ive done my research and in ri they dont really take 17 year old runaways seriously and i would possibly be considered a "wayward child" but that is only if im in dangerous living situations after i leave home and am doing illegal stuff and putting myself in danger which i will not. i will be moving in with my boyfriend of over a year and a half and will be working to help pay bills and groceries and basic living necessities. i just want to be sure that nothing will happen to me if i leave home my 17th birthday and that the police cant be sent after us.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,

Thank you so much for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and listen to your situation. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time. You mentioned you are going through emotional and mental abuse, you do not deserve that. Any type of abuse is unacceptable, and if you would like to report the abuse you may call The Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4453. We understand that reporting abuse can be difficult so if you would like to call us we can do a conference call and help you make a report. And we are sorry that your mom broke your phone when she found out you still had contact with your boyfriend. It is great that you have done your research on runaway laws. If you were to run away your parents have the right to file a runaway report on you. We are not legal experts but in most cases we see the police usually do not pursue runaway reports on 17 year olds. If the police decided to pursue the runaway report they would not arrest you they would most likely bring you back home. It is great you have a plan, and it seems you and your boyfriend have a good relationship which is good. We hope this information has helped you in your situation. We wish you the best of luck.
          If you would like to talk about other resources and support, feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

• Want to leave
        I live in a house were I feel like I get treated very poorly to say the least, I won't get into it but I'm curious of the laws for Northern California with moving out of the house at age 12 I'll be 13 in January and I really really want to leave, I'm considering suicide as an option. Please help

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There.

Thank You for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, we know sometimes it can be difficult to reach out and we are so glad you took the first steps in reaching out to us. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult situation. You do not deserve to be treated poorly, ideally you should feel treated well at home. We are not legal experts but unfortunately in the state of California you need to be 18 to move out of your home legally. If you were to leave home, your parents have the right to file a runaway report on you. Running away is not a criminal offense, it is a status offense. What that means is if your parents file a report for you, the police would most likely bring you back home if you were found. Also whoever you are staying with could be charged with harboring a runaway. If it is possible you could consider staying with a relative with your parents’ permission. If that is not possible, you might want to consider where you would stay, and how you would survive when you are away from home. We hope this information helps you in your situation. Remember you are not alone and please stay strong! If you would like to talk about other resources and support, feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.

• I really don’t wanna be in this house anymore... my mom not liking the fact I’m growing up. I’ll be18 soon and that means legal to move out. I have no way to move out since she never help me grow into one. As in not he’ll get a bank accout, car,job or even a driver license I have to do it all in my own and it very hard. When I had a job, the money went to saving and she spent it all. The other big thing lately is I got a boyfriend 5 months ago. Everything was great before she notice im almost a young adult. My bf 18 and nothing but helpful and respectful. But one day we had to move gravel he came over to help and one of my other friends. We move over 8 tons out of 10 tons of gravel for her. Thatnightshe dane home happy and ok. Then my friend and my bf were talking about going to get food. Then out of no where she saying my bf taking me away from her. We never include her in anything. Trust me we do tho often. She just blew up for no reason. When it was close to going to bed she says out if the blue u guys can sleep together when she let us all the time. So now she don’t trust me or my bf. Don’t even like him anymore. For no reason. I don’t understand why everything just flip for no real reason. Help. Me. Get out of this house

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Best. NRS

• I really don’t wanna be in this house anymore... my mom not liking the fact I’m growing up. I’ll be18 soon and that means legal to move out. I have no way to move out since she never help me grow into one. As in not he’ll get a bank accout, car,job or even a driver license I have to do it all in my own and it very hard. When I had a job, the money went to saving and she spent it all. The other big thing lately is I got a boyfriend 5 months ago. Everything was great before she notice im almost a young adult. My bf 18 and nothing but helpful and respectful. But one day we had to move gravel he came over to help and one of my other friends. We move over 8 tons out of 10 tons of gravel for her. Thatnightshe dane home happy and ok. Then my friend and my bf were talking about going to get food. Then out of no where she saying my bf taking me away from her. We never include her in anything. Trust me we do tho often. She just blew up for no reason. When it was close to going to bed she says out if the blue u guys can sleep together when she let us all the time. So now she don’t trust me or my bf. Don’t even like him anymore. For no reason. I don’t understand why everything just flip for no real reason. Help. Me. Get out of this house

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

Best of luck, NRS

• I don’t wanna live with my parents anymore my phone found out I had intercourse with my boyfriend and she called me the worst names ever that you can think about saying she couldn’t believe that I was her daughter. She and I have had so many fights, when I’m asleep she looks at my phone and she found some message about my boyfriend and she took my phone and looked through it but she didn’t find the message and now she claims I erased it. Now she says that I lost everything. My mom and stepdad give random drug test yet I never had and drugs and then they wanna take my phone at night. I turn 16 in 6 months can’t I get emancipated and leave to somewhere better. I live in Los Angeles. I just wanna leave and get out. Tell me what I can do.

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much for reaching out to us at NRS. It sounds like you’re feeling overwhelmed by the conflict at home, the hurtful things your mom is saying to you, and the lack of trust your parents are showing you. It’s understandable you’d be looking to get away from that.
          First of all, the behavior from your mom you describe could be emotional abuse. Child Help, a hotline resource like NRS focused on child abuse, defines abuse as “when a parent or caregiver, whether through action or failing to act, causes injury, death, emotional harm or risk of serious harm to a child.” Abuse is never ok, and you do not deserve to be called names or disrespected. You have the right to report this abuse at any time by telling a teacher at school, calling Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or calling NRS (1-800-786-2929).
          To become emancipated in California, a minor must go before a judge and prove that they are financially independent, already living apart from their parents with their permission, and have a GED or are enrolled in school. More information is available here, and we can also help you find legal resources in your area. You could also think about options like seeing if your parents would agree to let you stay with a good friend or family member temporarily, just so you could get some breathing room. You could also try talking to a counselor at school or a therapist about how you’ve been feeling and the stress you’ve been dealing with.
          We are here for you 24/7 at NRS if you want to talk more, or get help finding resources in your area.

• i hate my house...i live with my grandparents and my sister...my sisters a druggy and all my grandparents do is smoke which i get bullied because i smell like smoke but they dont care...they call me all the names in the world like fat pig or a dog or just plain out fatass....im tired of it and i love my neighbors and i want to live with them and they say i can..but my grandparents will call the cops..btw im 15 and live in texas.. WHAT SHOULD I DO

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thanks for reaching out to us. We are so sorry you are being mistreated at home. Being called names by your grandparents is totally unacceptable and you have every right to feel hurt. Really, such behavior can even be considered a form of verbal abuse. It’s not your fault, and you don’t deserve that kind of treatment. Fortunately, you aren’t alone. And you do have options, even if there are no quick and easy solutions to your predicament.
          You asked what you should do. Although we cannot tell you what to do, we can help you figure out what your possible next steps might be. The best way we can do that is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. But we can say a couple things even before you call (if you are able).
          You would need permission from your legal guardians (assuming these are your grandparents) to move in with anyone else. Otherwise, they could file a runaway report on you and anyone you stay with could be accused of harboring a runaway. You should at least know this before you make a decision.
          Some options you might consider include talking to a trusted adult about the situation you are in (like a teacher, for instance), filing an abuse report if that’s something you feel comfortable doing, or simply even talking to your grandparents about how much you are suffering by the way they are treating you. We can even mediate a conversation between you and them if that’s something you wish, though you would need to call us in order to do that. There may even be more options available to you if we can explore your situation a bit more. So, please try to give us a call if you can! We are here to listen, here to help 24/7. Again, our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and you can also reach us on chat at 1800runaway.org.
          Good luck and stay safe!
          NRS

• I don’t want to live with my mom

so I’ve been rlly stressed and depressed. I don’t like being at home I hate it my mom always screams at me 24/7 I feel rlly isolated I can’t do anything. She homeschooled me and I talk to nobody now I have no friends. I can’t even spend the night with my sister just to get away from home or I can’t spend the night at my cousins house. I cant have social media if I want to download an app on my phone I have too ask her permission plus my phone isn’t even turned on because she won’t let me . She won’t let me get a job i don’t know why she wants to be up my butt all the time I’m just so done I feel like I’m in jail my room is my jail cell. I’m always at home just cleaning. I want to move in with my aunt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X