Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t want to live with my mom. She is really mean to me. She blames me for everything. And she says mean things to me. And I can’t do it anymore. It’s to the point that it is not a safe environment for me. My sister like to get me in trouble a lot. And every time I do my mom slaps me and hits me and comes after me. I told my dad and he is thinking about getting full custody of me. I have tried going to counselors about it And ask them about it but every time I tell them something they go tell my mom and she gets mad at me. Plz help I need some opinions on this!!!

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, so we are glad you are reaching out to us in your time of need because we are here to help!

No one deserves to have mean things said to them or to be hit, especially by a parent! When that happens, you always have the option to report any mistreatment to Child Protective Services (CPS). Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They would be able to talk you through the process of abuse reporting and describe the investigation process to you. National Runaway Safeline is able to conference call with you if you would like help and support while making the abuse report, or we can make one for you! After an abuse report is made, CPS will investigate it. Child Help may also be a good place to explore options for staying with someone you trust, such as your dad and transferring custody.

If you are uncomfortable with reporting the mistreatment at this time or do not want to speak with Child Help just yet, there are other options available. While we are not legal experts, we can offer to connect you to legal aid in your area. They would be able to better asses your situation and explore your options, especially how to navigate a change in custody to your dad.

As we said, we are here to help, but we are also here to listen! We want you to know that you are not alone in this and that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center (1-800-786-2929) to talk through your feelings and your options.

Best of luck!

• I don't wanna leave with my parents anymore

I'm 13 and I wanna live with my grandma they wont let me

until i'm 18 but I can't make it until then my grandma treats me better then my mom and dad.

I mostly hate my dad I feel like he doesn't care about me I mess up a lot.

He told me if I don't wanna live with them they will send me somewhere else but my grandma.

Please help me I hate it here and I want to live with my grandma.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-24-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Reply:I don't wanna leave with my parents anymore

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      It sounds like you are unhappy living at home and would like to go live with your grandmother.
      Situations can become overwhelming and it may be hard to know just which way to turn.
      You stated that you hate your father and that you feel he does not care about you.
      You said “I mess up a lot”. Tyr not to be so hard on yourself. Anyone can make mistakes.
      It may seem like everything is bad now but that does not mean they won’t get better.

Sometimes it takes working on making communication better. Perhaps you might consider talking with your grandmother might help to try and figure out how to make things better at home with your parents.
      If not your grandmother maybe there is a teacher or counselor at school that might help you cope with your situation.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      We can’t tell you what to do but we can listen and explore your options.
      We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      You did great reaching out today. Good for you.

We hope that things start to get better soon.

Take care,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Hi, I'm 14 years and I just started to live with my mom. I hate it so so much it feels like hell I want to go back and live with my grandpa put she said he is getting too old and he doesn't want me anymore which I think is a lie.but my mom always yells at me and talks about beating my ass for talking to people she doesn't like, she always makes me feel worthless and it is to the point were I want to run away again. please help me before I kill myself.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time with your mom right now and you’re smart for reaching out for help.

Have you tried talking to your mom with your grandpa present, either in person or on the phone? Sometimes having a trusted adult help you with these conversations can make them more productive. If that’s not an option, we offer a conference call service where you can call in and we conference in your mom. We can help you make sure that you and your mom have a successful conversation and that you are heard.

You mention you feel like killing yourself. If you ever feel like the conflict is getting too big and you can’t handle it, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or at suicidepreventionlifeline.org. They can help you work through some of your feelings. They also have an online chat service available through their website if you’re more comfortable with that. Your life has an incredible amount of value and worth and you deserve to make it through this.

You are also welcome to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if the situation ever gets to be too much and you feel like running away. We are here 24/7 to listen to you.

Again, thanks for reaching out. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help. Best of luck to you.

• Hi, I'm 14 years old and I live with my mom. I started living with her about a year ago since I been living with her I have got a brutal beating by her. My lip has been busted up I get called a **********, hoe, and other names you can think of I have called my stepmom and talk to her every night but the only thing she said I should do is call my grandpa but I'm afraid he is not going to help or tell my mom and my mom get mad at me and beat me for telling him what should I do should I run away again or call my grandpa and tell him to come get me before I get hurt even worst ?

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, thanks so much for reaching out today, your safety is our top concern. It looks like you emailed us this message as well.

If you haven't already please see our response to your email and call or chat us if you would like to talk more or need resources. It was really brave of you to reach out today and we encourage you to continue to reach out to agencies like us or to trusted family or friends if you ever need support.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

NRS

• I'm 15 and i want to move out. my parents emotionally abuse me, and i cant take it anymore. ive been thinking and longing for the day i can move out. i still want to, but its complecated. i go to a summer camp that i love, and it is expensive, i have medication i need to take for depression and adhd, and i just got accepted and enrolled in a private school, i dont know what to do. in canada.

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you're in a really difficult situation at home and facing emotional abuse. You don't deserve to be intentionally harmed by your parents in any way, and it's not your fault that you've experienced these things. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide resources to those in Canada, as we are only aware of resources and laws in the U.S. Perhaps Kids Help Phone in CA can help you out: 1-800-668-6868.

Best,
          NRS

• Sad girl ,

im 18 years old and I’ve tried to suicide 3 times cause to my mom attitudes . She has never been a mom . My whole life the only person that was there was my father , which sadly he got deported . My mom is really controlling and she hates me for not being the perfect daughter I feel like she brings me down and she the reason why I rather not live no more . I believe I’m strong and I really want to keep on moving on and go to college , I graduated this past Thursday and I didn’t went to my ceremonial cause to my mom that she was t proud of me . I want to move out and start being independent I believe I can . I just need help , I don’t know how to or what’s to do to be able to love out . I don’t got family help .

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are here to listen and want to help in the best way we can. It sounds like you and your mom have a really complicated relationship and it has been difficult to find support at home. You mentioned that your father was deported as well, which we can only imagine was a hard thing to go through. You are brave for reaching out, though, and you are incredibly strong for continuing to want to move forward with your life.
          You mentioned that you tried to commit suicide a few times and if you ever feel like that again, you may want to consider contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, or at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org – they are staffed with trained experts to help provide support if you’re having those types of feelings should you ever need that kind of support.
          It’s understandable that you’re hoping to move. It might be helpful to think about where you’d want to go or how you’d support yourself. It’s good to know the legal age of majority in your state – if you’re not yet considered an adult, it can be more difficult to support yourself and do everyday tasks legally. If you don’t know the legal age for your state – check out sexetc.org, which has a map that lists rights by age for each state. In terms of places to go, you may want to consider how to stay safe – like with a shelter or friend or relative?

We also have a database of shelters and legal experts that we can refer you to, to answer any questions you may have should that be something that would be helpful for you.

Your safety and wellbeing – mentally and physically – is important to us, so please know that we’re here to help you explore these options further or to brainstorm other possibilities to help you.

We hope this information has been helpful to you – please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or needs you have. We’re open 24 hours/7 days a week and just a phone call away at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
          Best of luck to you and we hope to hear back from you soon.

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

• I am 15 years old and I turn 16 in 2 weeks. I told my dad I was pregnant on Thursday. My boyfriend is 16. My mother has no custody of me but my dad moved her in. I am best friends with my brother mom they have been in my life since 6th grade. My dads making me give the child up for adoption or abortion. He has taken everything away from me and both my parents have called me names. I have been crying for 3 days. My dad wants to get a restraining order on my boyfriend and his parents. I want to go live with my boyfriends parents. What can I do?

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We’re sorry to hear that you are dealing with a stressful situation right now and that you are not getting the emotional support you feel you need from your parents. Reaching out for help is a really positive step and shows that you are trying to take charge of your life.
          The most important thing for you to focus on at this point is your physical and emotional health. We are not legal experts at NRS, but we can tell you that even as a minor, you have the right to make your own medical decisions. Your parents do not have the right to force you to have an abortion or give your baby up for adoption. Also, minors who are pregnant or have a child retain all legal rights to that child unless a court of law rules otherwise. Since you are under 18 however, your parents do retain control of your living situation and your education so they can prevent you from leaving home and moving in with your boyfriend.
          You probably have a lot of questions and concerns at this point related to your pregnancy. One suggestion is for you to contact Planned Parenthood. They should be able to help you find teen pregnancy resources in your local area. There is also a very good resource for teens called Sex, etc. They provide resources related to teen pregnancy under “Hot Topics” on the main page of their website. Here is contact information for both.
          Planned Parenthood – 1-900-230-7526, www.plannedparenthood.org
          Sex, etc. – https://secetc.org
          Your health and safety is the number one priority so please make sure you get the medical and emotional support that you need. We are here 24 hours a day/7 days a week at (800) 786-2929 and we’d be happy to talk to you in more depth about your situation.
          Take care.

• I want to kill myself

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. It was incredibly brave of you to do so. Your life has infinite value and you deserve to be supported when you are feeling like you want to kill yourself, and we want to be a support for you here at NRS.

If you are feeling like you are in immediate danger, please call 911. They would take you to the hospital and provide you with some mental health services. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. The National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you too if you would like to talk through how you are feeling. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk. If you are interested in getting a counselor or therapist to help talk through how you are feeling on a regular basis, please do not hesitate to call or chat us. We can look for those resources near you.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk. We are 24/7 via phone and we are here for you.

Best,

NRS

• I LOVE MY FAMILY, but they dont love me.. all my mum keeps saying is that she regrets having me as her child and she says that she will happy if i die..

Comment

• ccsmod16
          ccsmod16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, it sounds like you are in a really tough living situation.
          We are based in the USA so our knowledge and resource base is pretty limited to this country and it looks like you may live outside the USA.

We did find a few other resources for you: Samaritans UK: samaritans.org; E-mail Helpline: [email protected]; phone: +44 (0) 8457 90 90 90.

We wish you the best of luck and hope these resources help!

• Im 18 and I live with my mom. Its not that I don't want to live with her anymore but I asked her can i go stay with my boyfriend for half a summer and she told me no. I don't see why because she always approves of him coming over to see me when he's in town & also i don't see why she wouldn't let me when she has already let me like 2 summers ago. Now all of a sudden I can't go. His mom is really cool and she wants me to come too. Also i recently finished highschool and plan to attend college soon. I rarely have friends and I hardly ever go out to have fun. Its the summer and Im always bored out of my mind. My boyfriend asked me to come enjoy the summer with him and i really want to but its my mom. I don't understand , he only stays a hour or 2 away. How can i make her change her mind ?

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you want to leave home and live with your boyfriend for the summer. While we are not legal experts at NRS, we can share some “rules of thumb:”

“The age of majority” in many states is 18 -- which is the age you legally have to be to leave home without needing your mom’s consent or permission.
          If you want to see what “the age of majority” is for your state -- please check out this link (and click your state): https://sexetc.org/action-center/sex-in-the-states/

So that’s the legal issue here, but another thing to think about are your future plans. Congratulations on graduating high school and your plans to attend college!

We’re not sure if you were planning to live with your mom while you attended college or how you’d support yourself as a college student, but if you going to be relying on your mom for this support, you’ll want to consider your future plans when making decisions about leaving home without her permission. If this upsets her, she may not help you when you want to attend college.

From what you’ve written, it sounds like you enjoy living with your mom. It also sounds like you don’t understand why she doesn’t want you to live with your boyfriend. This would be worth talking to your mom about. It sounds like your mom is OK with you dating him, so you’re still allowed to see him -- she’s just concerned about this big step of you living with him.

You also mentioned that you are bored this summer now that you’ve graduated high school. We’re not sure if you have a part-time job, but this can be a way to earn money for future college expenses, gain life skills you’ll need for your new life as an adult and most importantly -- get out of the house and gain more independence.

We hope this response was helpful! Please don’t hesitate to call us at the National Runaway Safeline if you’d like to discuss any of this further. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best,

NRS

We hope this information is helpful. Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• I’m 17 I turn 18 in November and I live in Indiana. Neither my dad or mom can have me because my mom is leaving Indiana to go live with her boyfriend in Tennessee and my dad has no room in his house for me. I have been living with one of my friends for a couple months now but my dad wants me to move in with my grandparents because my grades weren’t great this year but I want to continue to live with my friend. My dad acts like I have no choice because he has soul custody over me. But my friends say that I get to decide since I’m 17. I just wanna know if I’m allowed to decide where I get to live?

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thank you so much for reaching out. It’s not easy to share personal struggles with others. We’re here to assist you as best we can. It seems like you have been through a lot, but it’s great that you have your friend’s support.

We are not legal experts, but to our knowledge, running away is not a crime, it’s considered a status offense. Because you are legally considered and adult, your father could file a runaway report. If he does and the police decide to actively look for you (which is unlikely because of your age) and find you at your friend’s house, your father has the right to press charges for harboring a runaway.

Based on what you shared, it seems like you are, and have been, neglected. Neglect is a form of abuse. You don’t deserve to be treated that way. You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. It is your father’s legal obligation to take care of you until you’re legally considered an adult, but he doesn’t have room for you. Because you’re being neglected, you have the right to file a child abuse report. This is Indiana’s hotline for child abuse, in case you want to go that route: 1-800-800-5556.

Another option that you might consider is filing for emancipation. It’s a legal process that would make you your own legal guardian. The process does take some time (usually up to 6 months) and requires you to prove that you can support yourself financially and emotionally. For more information about that, you can call a legal aid organization near you or contact your local juvenile court. If you’re uncertain about what questions to ask or need help locating a legal resource, you can give us a call.
          You can also try to live with other relatives. It may be useful for you to reach out to a school teacher or guidance counselor about what's been going on at home as well.

Here at NRS, we also offer mediating services. We can relay a message to your father on your behalf, or mediate a conference call between the both of you.

You have many other options, but in order for us to best support you, you would have to give us a call.
          Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out more options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open.

Best, NRS

• Hello
        i don't want to live with my mom anymore.
        I'm 20 and do basically everything she asks me to; I clean the house, her job site, and our bar. I don't feel comfortable doing all this alone while I've got sisters and a brother abroad which she sponsored with her money.
        I'm suffering from severe noise in the ears and it has resulted to hear loss. She bullies me everyday, I'm very hard working and people admire me so much, they talk negatively of her a lot, I can't help. I can't sleep well at night, I don't feel comfortable with her by my side, it has affected my studies for long now but she keeps blaming me, that am too dull. I go to her job site at 8am till 5pm then I'll be at the bar from there on till 9:30pm daily. She just vowed on locking me up today in prison if I ever dare use a single penny of her money. My brother and sisters all schooled in expensive boarding schools, but I could only get a day school at best. I'm strangled. I need help.

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time at home and dealing with what could be a hearing disability. This certainly sounds like a situation that you could use support in. You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 to receive such support. Additionally, you may want to know that in almost every state in the U.S., you are able to leave your mother's home without any legal consequences at your age. If you don't live in Mississippi, Nebraska, Alabama, or Puerto Rico, then you are free to leave your home without your mother's consent. Any other questions can be directed at the above number.

Best,
          NRS

• I live with my dad and he just constantly yells at me for no reason and makes me wanna kill myself. I'm 14 bout to turn 15 on june 21. i wanna leave but i cant because i have no where to go. if you can help me thanks.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear about the way that your dad has been treating you. You don't deserve to be yelled at for no reason. You mentioned that your dad makes you want to kill yourself. Your life matters ! You could contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) to talk to someone about how you feel. It understandable that you would want to leave home. There are three options that you could consider when thinking about leaving home. First, you could ask your dad if he would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. The second option would be to contact CPS if you do not feel safe at home. The final option is to look into emancipation laws for your state. We hope that this information helps, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you have any questions or just want to talk.

• I’m 17 and I turn 18 April 11 my mom is moving to a different town with my aunt but I don’t want to go am I legally allowed to live with someone else without her trying to make me go with her ?

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It’s great that you were able to find out some information about our hotline. Hopefully we can help.

It sounds like you’re pretty upset that your mother and aunt are expecting you to uproot your life and move with them. It’s completely understandable that you don’t want to leave with them. If you were interested, we do offer a conference calling service between youth and parents. If you ever wanted our help calling your mom with you about letting you stay in the town you’ve been living in, we’re here to help with that!

Regarding your question about living with someone else. Legally you are a minor and under your guardian’s supervision until you are 18 or are emancipated by a court of law. If you decide to leave home before then your guardians could file a runaway report on you. Running away is not a crime, but it is a status offense. This means the police could detain you until they release you to the care of your guardians. We also have legal aid resources in our database. While we’re not law experts, we can try to find one in your area, there may be legal ways for you to be able to move out of your house. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you.

You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center, or use our chatting services via our website. However, the chatting service is not open 24/7. So the best way to tell us everything would be to just call into our hotline and talk to one of our trained liners.

Be safe, NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X