Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know where to begin, I started to live with my mom a year ago and I have hated it since I have tried many of time to go live with my stepmom be mom will not let me.my mom all ways call me a dumb ********** a hoe and all the other cuss words you can think of she all threatened to hit me if I don't do this right.I have been hit multiple times, I have run away a lot and I just can take it no more I want to get out of here before I get hurt even more. please help me!!

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can. We want you to know that no one deserves to be treated that way, and you should not have to go through that.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the way you’ve been treated. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. If you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. You could also consider talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling. Just so you’re aware, we have a conference calling service here where we could help mediate a conversation between you and your mom.

There are also many resources that could help you find a safe place if you’re in need or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

• Please help me NOW I CANT DECIDE..
    i have a boyfriend and my parents would never approve.. my parents are really strict they don’t allow me anywhere.. I’m not allowed to do anything there always watching over me we’ve had many serious issues in the past I can’t take it no more I wanna leave this house I’m 17 turning 18 in August I live in ny my reason in wanting to leave is not because of my boyfriend but because of my parents just don’t understand me I don’t like them my dad threatens to kill himself if he ever hears I’ve done anything bad

Comment

• Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. We are very sorry to hear that your parents are really strict. It is not fair that your dad threatens to kill himself if he hears about something bad that you have done.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. Since you aren't 18 yet, if you leave home your parents may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. Having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. Some police do not accept runaway reports for 17 year old's. You could try contacting your local police through their non emergency phone to ask about their runaway policy. If you don't feel comfortable calling the police, we could contact them for you.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Please just get me out of here.....

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation and want to get away. We’re unsure of what the situation is, but please feel free to give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and help in any way that we are able to help at the number listed below. If you are in immediate danger, you can always call 9-1-1.
          Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
          Stay safe!

• I just dont want to live with them anymore. I dont have a job though. They seem to love my brother more: they dont punish him for stealing but yell at me when I offend him. They work all the time, i gotta take care of the stuff they can't. I just dont want to be with them anymore. I dread coming home. I've brought all this up to my dad but nothing happens.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like things are really difficult at home right now with your brother and parents. Home should be a place where you feel safe and loved. We are here to help you explore your options.

You shared that you are treated differently than your brother, and that you’re sick of it. It makes sense to feel frustrated when you’re constantly dealing unfair treatment. You deserve to feel loved and comfortable in your home. There are many options available to you. One option is conference calling. You, your parents and someone from NRS would be on a phone call helping you. We would try to have a calm and productive conversation about how you’re feeling and what’s going on at home. We could also help brainstorm some possible solutions that might work for both of you.

If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can explain what usually happens. We’re not legal experts, but from our general knowledge, running away is not illegal. If you runaway, your mom can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. We offer to call out to youth’s local police, with youth, to find out their protocols. We can also look for runaway shelters in your area, that way you have a safe place to stay at.

We’re here if you’d like to talk more about your situation. Our safeline is open 24/7. We also have a chatting service via our website, unfortunately, it is not always open. The best way to contact us would be to call in and talk with our trained liners.

Be well, NRS

• I’m tired of living with my parents. They don’t support me for anything, they always judge me by my actions which I know their do it for my own good but it’s just stupid . They already told me I’m old enough to make my own decision but I’ll pay for the consequences which I’m totally fine with but they don’t let me ether way . I understand they are trying to protect me but I’m tired of them saying I’m responsible for what I do but they don’t let me do it and judge me for it . I trust them but I can’t anymore if they keep judging. Like today , all I said was I had a little argument with my boyfriend and my dad went crazy saying your not going to graduate if u keep this up ..... like everyone has problems and what makes him think me and my boyfriend having issues is going to effect my education... I already showed him I’m still graduating at all cost but I’m tired ... I been thinking of running way my boyfriend wantsaskef me to live with him but I don’t want his family to deal with it I don’t know what to do please help

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, and thanks for reaching out. We’re sorry to hear what you’re going through: it sounds like you want to be more independent and that your parents seem to say that you’re responsible, but then they don’t trust your decisions… That can really be frustrating and create tension.

We don’t know your age, but if you’re a minor (under 1 and run away, your parents will probably report you to the Police as missing, which means that if they know where you are staying (like at your boyfriend), the Police has to go get you and bring you back. In addition, while running away is not a crime per se, “harboring a minor without parental consent” is – so you could get your boyfriend’s family with in trouble.

It seems that communicating with your parents is really a problem. You guys are having a hard time agreeing about what’s expected, and they don’t appreciate that you understand how important school is for you... We want to help, and here are some options: 1) you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, and then we call your parents, and mediate the conversation through a conference call, to help you guys reach some agreement; 2) you can let us know what city and state you’re in, and we can look up some counseling referrals, if you think that could be helpful; 3) you could think of an adult whom you trust, and who your parents respect, and ask him/her to be with you guys when you have a conversation about the whole situation – to help keep things neutral and objective, and help come up with a plan that works for everyone… Hopefully you’ll like one of these ideas, and can prepare well for it.

Please call us if you want to talk about it further, we’re here 24/7 to listen and to help. Best of luck!

• My mom is homeless and she does drugs and she will never stop doing drugs so I’m living with my grandma and she always call me a pig , lazy and she’s really mean to me and I don’t wanna live with her I wanna have a real family

Comment

• ccsmod16
          ccsmod16 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you are going through so much right now with your mom and grandma. You don’t deserve to ever be treated that way. It’s understandable that you’re thinking about leaving. It certainly sounds like an overwhelming situation.

There are some places where you might want to look into going, if you decide to leave. One place to look for shelters is www.nationalsafeplace.org. If you click on your state in the upper right corner, you can take a look and see if there is a safe place where you can stay for a few nights and get some support for what you are looking for.

We are not legal experts, but we can speak in general terms what would happen if you decided to leave. Running away, leaving home, is not a criminal offense- it is a status offense. This means that you cannot leave due to you being a minor. If you were to leave then your grandma would have the option of filing a runaway report. We understand that you do not want to go to a friend’s house, but we do want you to be aware that anyone you stay with (friends, family, shelter) could be charged with harboring a runaway if you are found there.

Our only concern is that you are in a safe place and you are the only one that make that decision. If you find that leaving is the best option, maybe coming up with a solid plan about what you’re planning on doing, how everything is going to work, and any miscellaneous things could be helpful. Factoring in these kinds of thoughts into your overall plan, again can possibly help you in your decision to leave (i.e long term housing, transportation, financial stability, access to food/clothes, school, getting support, etc.). We know this may be overwhelming but considering some of these next steps before you leave could help make the transition go a bit easier for you. If you want to make this plan with someone you can call us or chat with us online and we could help go over resources in your area and make a plan with you.

We also have a database here full of resources and shelters where you might be able to stay to be safe. There are more options for you in terms of getting services if you decide to stay at home too. Please feel free to call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you aren’t able to call, please feel free to chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.
          We look forward to your call or chat.

• I am currently 16 turning 17 in less than 2 months. anyways when i started my freshman year in high school, my mother had a stroke that affected her mentally. it has been 3 years and she has had no improvement. while my dad works and im at school, my 24 sister takes care of my mom because she can not be alone but my sister got kicked out of my house recently and my dad had told me that he has a girlfriend that he has been talking to who lives in Florida and shes coming down next week to live with us and take care of my mom. my dad is only in it for the physical interaction and because he cant do that with my mom anymore, he has been talking to women online. i do not find this okay and i do not want to live in a house with a cheater and i just do not feel okay mentally and emotionally but i do not want to leave my mo with him because it is not fair to her either. what do i do

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you've been dealing with a lot between your mother's health issues and your father's new relationship that you don't approve of. We understand how these issues in your family can be very challenging and could motivate you to not want to live with your father anymore. We're not sure what options you've considered, but you may consider running away from home, or having your father transfer guardianship over to another adult you trust. We're not legal experts, so we're not going to be able to tell you exactly how you'll be able to transfer guardianship, but we do know some information about running away. We can talk to you more about running away, including legal information, potential consequences of running away, and what you can do to keep safe, if you call us at 1-800-786-2929. Also feel free to call us if you're thinking you would like to talk to us about any of the challenges you have faced at home. We're open 24/7, we're confidential

Best,
          NRS

• I don’t whan to live with my parents

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re having a lot of difficulty living with your parents. We understand how difficult it can be when you’re uncomfortable at home, and we’re sure there are valid reasons for you feeling this way. We at the NRS are prepared to help youth like you with problems they’re having with their parents. We can help you talk to your parents in a conference call, where we would act as a facilitator to make sure your voice is heard in the conversation. If you think that you’re trying to leave more immediately, we can help you form a plan to help try and keep you safe as a runaway, and we can answer some general questions about running away. We’re also here to support you if you ever just want to chat about some of the things you’ve been struggling with.

Hopefully this message helped!
          -NRS

• I live with my dad he’s sick mentally since he used to be an alcoholic. I can’t live with him any more I’m stressing out there’s no food to eat and some days I come from school stressed and tired. I’m only 13 so what I did instead was walk with my friends so I won’t have to go home but now my mom blames me for having the attitude of crying because “she won’t let me go out with my friends “ that’s not true no one gets it. I just want to run away I don’t want to be seen any more it feels like everything is my fault arguing with my dad my mom not getting my metal state well I been through a lot I just want to give up I’m just 13 like I can’t any more I really can’t people don’t get what I’m feeling and I can’t express it.
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 05-08-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Reply: I live with my dad....

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
          We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
          We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about what you have been feeling.
          You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.

You are not alone. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
          Sometimes having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of.
          We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope that reaching out help in some way to ease some of the stress you may be feeling.

Take care,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• My parents keep saying that I’m worth nothing and I ruin their lives and I’m a waste of time and saying that all they want for their birthday is for me to leave and I’m only 11 they’ve been saying this for the last two years

Comment

• ccsmod5
              ccsmod5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, there,
              Thank you so much for reaching out. The things that your parents have said to you are terrible and extremely hurtful. You don’t deserve to be treated that way. One option you have is to talk to your parents about the way that they speak to you and how it affects you. If you need help having that conversation, we can always help. Feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to facilitate a conference call. No matter what, please remember that you DO have worth and you’re never a waste of time. You deserve to feel loved, supported, and accepted. In the meantime, we encourage you to confide in people you do trust, like friends, teachers, or your school guidance counselor.
              Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
              Stay safe!

• So im 15 and recently i moved back in with my mom from living with one of my aunts because i made that choice, and i just dont feel like im wanted like my sisters are,and i need to leave asap, because i cant keep doing this, and my aunt doesnt want me back living with her, so i told my bestfriend from where i used to live what was going on and him and his parents offered me a place to stay, but i dont know how to go about that the legal way. do i just ask my mother to sign her rights over, or can i call someone to help me?

Comment

• ccsmod10
              ccsmod10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS via our forum! We’re happy that you found our information and we are always here to help in any way we can.

It sounds like you’ve been bouncing around to different houses recently, it must be stressful for you and your sisters. We’re glad to hear that your best friend and his parents are willing to take you in to live with them. They sound like very supportive people for you. We’re not legal experts, but if your mom (or whoever has legal custody of you) gives you permission to live with your best friend, that is legal. If she’s not okay with you living there, then you’d have to go through the courts. If you left home without your mom’s permission then she could report you as a runaway. We do have legal aid resources in our database and would be happy to connect you with one in your area. They’d be able to explain the legal questions and options for you.

If you’d like to talk more about what’s been going on with your home life, or would like us to find those legal aid resources, we’re always here. Our safeline is open 24/7.

Best, NRS

• My mom makes me want to either kill myself or run away! She always beats me for nothing. She blames me for everything and I seriously feel like she hates me. She forces me to have good grades just so that she can take a picture of my report card and look good on Facebook. She doesn’t care about me at all. She may seem nice to my aunts and uncles but she is Satan to me! She talks about me to everyone without my consent, and when she does, she always makes sure to make me look like a bad kid. I am thinking of running away to my aunt or grandma’s house. What should I do? Can you please help me?

Comment

• ccsmod10
              ccsmod10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time. It sounds like you are having a lot of problems with your mom. No one deserves to not feel safe at home. Your safety both physically and mentally are very important.

We care about your safety and you mentioned wanting to kill yourself. If you think your danger to yourself, we're always here to help you call 911. There's also the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255. You talked about running away to your grandma or your aunt. Have you talked with them about what has been going on? Do you think your mom would let you temporarily stay with either of them? Running away isn’t illegal, but if you leave home without your mom’s permission the police would be obligated to take you back to your mom. There also might be some other options depending on your circumstances. If you want to explore other options, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or use our chat option on our website.

You mentioned that your mom hits you. If you need to talk about what you’ve been going through, there’s Child Help, which is the national child abuse hotline. You can call them at 1-800-422-4453. You safety is the priority. If things get out of hand at home and you need to get to a safe place, you can text the word “safe” and your current location (city/state/zip) to 69866. If there are safe places and shelters nearby, a list of those will be sent to your phone and you may have the option to text back and forth with a trained counselor as well. There’s also 911 for immediate help.

We are here for you and will support you in any way that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.

Stay safe!
              NRS
              Last edited by ccsmod10; 05-13-2018, 05:46 PM.

• I’m 14 and recently me and my mom started getting into fights recently over the fact that I “don’t come home” and even when I’m home I don’t “act like part of the family” and all. She verbally abuses me I just tend to put up with it and now I’m just tired and don’t wanna be in this household anymore. She’s even told me multiple times that she doesn’t care if I leave. Is there any legal way for me to leave? (Btw don’t got another parent figure so yeaaaa).

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your mom. Verbal abuse is never okay, and you don't deserve to be treated that way. Since you are a minor, the are two ways in which you could leave home. The first way would be with your mom's permission. You could ask your mom if she would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. Another option would be if you felt unsafe at home you could contact Child Protective Services. If you have any other questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X