Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been depressed for 4 years I've tired to kill myself a few times I'm 15 now and it' gotten worse my parents say they love me but they really dont. I destroy the house so they pin me to the ground and sometimes hurt me but they just tell me it' not a abuse. My dad once actually put me in between his legs and was crushing my ribs I couldn't breathe I was crying and trying to get lose but everytime he just crush me harder I thought I was gonna pass out. I told them that was abuse all they said was "we're not abusing u were trying to get you not to break anything in the house" But seriously you don't need to hurt me I just can't deal with anymore no one likes me in my family idk what to do I just wanna run away.

Comment

• Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about what has been going on and we want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. You don't deserve any sort of verbal or physical abuse. Is there another adult in your life, like another family member or a school counselor, that would be able to advocate for you for your safety? If not, you can reach out to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 to ask about abuse reporting and your rights as a minor. If you run away and your parents file a runaway report you would most likely be returned home. This could not be the case if there is an abuse report on file. Do you have another family member that you would feel safe going to? We can also be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and a liner could go through your options with you. Don't hesitate to reach out to us or Child Help, or to 911 if you ever feel that your life is in danger.

You also mentioned trying to kill yourself a few times. We want you to know that your life is valuable and that there are people that want to listen and help. If you ever feel that way, you can call the national Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. They are there 24/7 to support.

Stay safe,

NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think
      Last edited by ccsmod1; 04-04-2018, 01:31 AM.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I am 16 and I don’t wanna live with my parents or any other family memebers. My dad is an asshole to me but he thinks he’s the good guy here always “teaching me a lesson” and when I have bad grade he’s a dick about it and not helping me or supporting me in any way. He won’t let me go out with my friends, he won’t even let me sleep over my cousins house. Help me get out of here and be in a better living and supporting environment.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          : Hi!
          Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that sharing your struggles can be intimidating so we appreciate your willingness to ask for help! We understand you might be feeling really unsure and overwhelmed right now, but you have a lot of options that we can talk through.

Firstly, in most states, you legally become an adult at 18. Which is significant because until you turn 18, your legal guardian could file a runaway report with the police if you choose to leave home. If the police end up picking you up for whatever reason they’ll likely discover you’re a runaway and will return you home. You cannot get in legal trouble for running away, however, because it’s not a crime. All the police can do is return you to your legal guardian.

The legality of that becomes a little bit more complicated because the person you plan on staying with could possibly be charged with harboring a runaway if your legal guardian chooses to press charges. However, if you can prove in court that you left home for your well-being you could potentially avoid charges. We know that might sound overwhelming, so, while we aren’t legal experts ourselves, we could prove you with some local legal resources if you feel comfortable calling or using our messaging services. Our 24/7, confidential, toll-free hotline can be reached at 18007862929, or our messaging services are available on our website www.1800runaway.org which is open after 4:30 pm. During a call we could also provide you with a list of local shelters you could stay at if you choose to leave home.

Feel free to reach out to us further to discuss anything you’re feeling or any of the options we discussed. We really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us and we hope we were able to provide you with some help!
          NRS

• Hi . I' living in manchester recently and my mum and dad are divorced. In currently living with my mum and I know how much she loves me but also with that she sometimes says stuff that make me cry all night ryining my sleeps. I cant stay here anymore because she is very angry about finding a job and also looking after my two younger brothers and big sister . I know this may not sound like a big issue but for me life is hard here and at school. I' really depressed in my life and once i even thought of suicide. I dont want to stay herr even though im concerned about how every things going to happen even after i left plz help me before i do something that i wont regret but other people will. I cant takr it anymore ; (

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

• I want to know how I can live with my grandma! I hate living with my father and stepmother because it's like living with two devils. I hate my life and I honestly wish I was to born. I am not happy living with my dad and I tried living with my mother and ended up running away. There is so much stuff going and I can't take it anymore, I haven't been happy over here and cannot be myself but when I'm with my grandma I am very happy and at most myself and they love me a lot! I need help before I end up doing something I regret again.

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. Sounds like you're in a really frustrating and stressful situation. We'll do our best to help.

You mentioned that you hate living with your father and stepmother. It's worth exploring what exactly you hate about living with them, and whether there's anything that can be done to change anything. It's possible the environment at home could improve with something like family counseling. We also offer a conference call service here. You and your dad/stepmom would call in, and one of us would mediate a conversation between you guys. If you're interested in setting this up, just give us a call at 1-800-786-2929. We're 24/7 and toll-free.

If you are still a minor, you do need your guardians' permission to go stay with your grandma. You could talk to your grandma about wanting to live with her to see if she can help talk to your parents at all.

You can always reach us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us on our website. We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

Best of luck,
          NRS

• Hi I am having trouble at home, and it's lead me to severe depression. The problem is really my step mom. She used to be so nice when she first came and then she turned completely evil. For 5 years I've been putting up with this mess. No one in the family likes her because of how she treats us. She accuses me of having sexual intercourse with guys, when I am barely able to get out of the house, so I don't know why she thinks I am doing things with guys. She accuses me of doing things at school which I son't. She picks arguments with my dad. She even pulled a knife out on my dad and threatened to kill him, yet my dad is still with her. Every time something happens she blames me and my little siblings, and curses at us. She even threatens to slap me and sometimes says she'll fight me, which is nothing you should say to someone elses child. And what I don't understand is, my dad allow her to say these things and he doesn't say anything to her about it. She doesn't like it when me and my siblings hang around our grandparents and aunties and uncles, so she's put it in my dad's head that my aunties don't want my cousins around him and that they act funny towards him. So my dad has made it where we are not able to talk to them, he even took all of our phones because my little brother called my grandma just to ask about the TV she bought her. He said we can't be around them anymore or anything. I'm just really sad. Everyone in the house is against me. My 2 little sisters lie to my step mom about me just to suck up to her so she doesn't yell at them. It's just all too much for me and I'm just being mentally abused in so many ways to where I can't even focus in school anymore. I am 15 and I should be able to be a teenager and have fun with friends and do good in school, but I can't they hender me from it. I'm depressed and sad and it's so awful. I really need help. I don't want to stay there anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a deal of courage to seek help.It sounds like you are overwhelmed with things at home. We are very sorry to hear about the way your stepmother and dad have been treating you. Abuse is never okay, and you don't deserve to be treated that way. Although mental abuse is harder to prove, you have the right to report it. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. If you ever feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to call the police. Your safety is very important.
          You may also want to consider asking your dad if he would allow you to stay with another family member. Another option that you have is looking into emancipation laws for your state. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you have any other questions.

You can always reach us at 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us on our website. We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

Please be safe,

NRS

• My grandpa can’t take care of me and none of my family wants me in their homes . I need to go somewhere I’m only 14 but no where to live

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi There,
          Thanks for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline.
          We’re so sorry you have nowhere to go. That is not your fault. Since you’re 14, it is not your responsibility to find a place to live. Typically your legal guardian would be in charge of housing you in a safe environment and providing for your needs. It sounds like there’s a lot going on here.
          We’d like to help you. If you can call us, we’d love to talk about this in more detail and explore some options with you. We’re 24/7 and toll free.
          If you felt comfortable, being denied housing as a 14 year old could be considered neglect. If you wanted to report a family member for keeping you from basic necessities please visit www.childhelp.org for more information on how to report or if what you’re experiencing is considered neglect. If you wanted to report this and need help, please give us a call and we’d be happy to conference call with your local abuse reporting hotline.
          Stay strong,
          NRS

• I live with my mom but she don’t buy me nothing at all I pay for all my stuff and I’m tired of using the streets for money I need a real home I’m tired of everything being my fault once my grandma passed i really don’t even gotta home like that now i get kicked out a lot and I’m only 15 I just need somewhere to go can I please get help

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thank you for reaching out. From your post, it sounds like your mom is not providing your basic necessities and makes you feel unsupported at home. That is not okay and it must be really hard living in that situation. It takes a lot of courage to share what’s going on and we want to let you know that you’re not alone in this. We aren’t legal experts, but generally speaking if your mom is kicking you out often and refusing to pay for your basic necessities like food, that is considered neglect. You have the right to file an abuse report with child protective services. You can do that by confiding in a teacher or another adult at school or by calling the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. Your mom cannot simply kick you out. She is legally required to care for you until you are an adult. If she kicks you out, you always have the right to call your local police. However, we understand if this doesn’t feel like an option you’d want to pursue. Another option is to stay with a friend or a family member, or to stay in a runway or youth shelter. Many youth shelters need parental consent to have you stay there, however if there is abuse going on they may be willing to work with you.
          Hopefully this was helpful. If you have other questions or if you want to talk more specifically about what’s going on and what your option are, we are always here to help. Please give us a call or use our chat feature on this website. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are open 24/7. You did a really brave thing by reaching out to us and you sound like an incredibly strong young person. You will get through this, and you are not alone!
          Stay strong!
          If you have a minute, we encourage you to give your feedback of our forum services by taking this quick survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think . Your feedback is so important in helping us support young people like you every day, so we appreciate it.

• I hate my life no one listens and it’s like I don’t exist my parents threaten me and even try to hit me I have been in and out the hospital with suicidal issue and my parents made me wanting to kill myself all about them they said I don’t deserve them and that the are thinking about giving me away what should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey,
          Thanks for reaching out. You’ve clearly been through a lot and it’s really hurtful that your parents aren’t understanding of that. You never, ever deserve to be threatened. It’s not okay that your parents have said those cruel things to you. You deserve to be loved, supported, and safe at home. You deserve to feel respected and heard. In short, you deserve much better than this and we want you to know that. You ask what you should do. We aren’t able to give advice because you know your situation more than anyone else does. We can try to give you some options and hopefully that’s a good place to start.
          First, you mention that you’ve been in and out of the hospital with suicidal issues. Please know that you’re not alone and you deserve to be supported. If you ever feel like you’re in danger of hurting yourself, you can always call 9-1-1. Another resource that could be helpful is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
          You also mention that your parents threaten you and try to hit you. That is never okay. We aren’t legal experts, but depending on the situation this may qualify as abuse. You have the right to file an abuse report. For more information on what constitutes abuse and what might happen if you do file an abuse report, you can call the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. You also mentioned that your parents are “thinking about giving me away.” We want you to know that your parents cannot simply give you away. If you are a minor, your parents are legally obligated to care for you until you are an adult (usually 1.
          It sounds like your relationship with your parents is very tense right now. It can sometimes be helpful to talk to your parents about how their behavior affects you. It can sometimes be hard to have that conversation on your own, so you might consider asking another adult to help you have that conversation, like a guidance counselor or a therapist. Here at NRS, we are also able to help you have that conversation.
          Thank you again for reaching out. You’re really brave for reaching out for support and we hope this was helpful. If you need to talk more specifically about what’s going on, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929. Our lines are open 24/7 and we’d love to hear from you.
          If you have a moment, we’d appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think . Your feedback really helps us support young people like you better.
          Stay strong!

• I don't want to leave with my mom and her boyfriend anymore. I never feel like a part of this family. Everything I have gets taken away from me. There's just no happiness or freedom. I'm only do chores and stay in the house all the times aside from school. Please, help me.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. From your email to us here, we can see that you have very similar questions to a lot of our callers and you’re looking for some answers. It seems like there must be a lot going on in your home life. It’s great that you were able to find out some information about our hotline. Hopefully we can help.

You should always feel loved and safe at home, it’s understandable that you don’t want to be in that environment anymore. If you feel like getting out of the house is the best option and you decide to run away, we can explain what usually happens. We’re not legal experts, but from our general knowledge, running away is not illegal. If you runaway, your mom can make a runaway report. The police don't always actively look for you, if they come across you, then they usually bring you home. If you ever needed a safe place to stay, we can always help you find runaway/youth shelters in your area, so you can stay safe.

We also have legal aid resources in our database. While we’re not law experts, we can try to find one in your area, there may be legal ways for you to be able to move out of your house. We’re here to try to brainstorm options with you.

We hope our response is helpful. Also, talking to school counselors and teachers about what’s going on at home could provide you with great support. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. You are always welcome to call into our 24/7 crisis center, or use our chatting services via our website. However, the chatting service is not open 24/7. So the best way to tell us everything would be to just call into our hotline and talk to one of our trained liners.

Be safe, NRS

• Hello,
        I heaf that you have to be 14 to choose between which parent to live with but bofhmy parents are driving my crazy. If I live at my dad's I don't have any privacy but at least I'm respected the only problem there is his girlfriend. She's always forcing me to like her and she started choking me violently to get me to hug her. I told my dad but he doesn't do anything about it. And ever since he's lived with her he's changed. Both a good and a bad change. Living with my mom is totally the opposite. She's an alcoholic. She's usually always at work. She's abusive to my two siblings and me. Not that my siblings are good kids either. They are so disrespectful towards me. They treat me like trash when they should be treating me with respect as the older sister. If they're being disruptive or disrespectful and I tell them to obey and knock it off my mom gets mad at me saying, "are you their ********ing mom?!" "Are you the parent here?!" And I get told to shut up. She doesn't let me talk to my aunt who I trust the most because she feels as if my aunt is a bad influence when she isn't. My aunt supports me no matter what and she's the only sane person I can talk to about anything. If I try to talk to my mom about literally anything she tells me to shut up, or that she doesn't want to hear it, or to ******** off. She's a selfish lady. She won custody over me summer of 2014 and didn't even let me pack my things or say goodbye to my dad. She had told me to fail school so the judges could think that it's my fathers's fault. Which worked but I made the wrong decision. I thought me and my mom would get along well but starting that summer she won custody over me she began to show her true colors. My aunt wants me to live with her starting May this year but we both know my mom wouldn't let me leave. My aunt knows how awful I'm being treated and so does my uncle. I was wondering if a 15 year old can not choose to live between the mother and father, but choose to live with someone else that is family related.

Comment

• Hi there,

thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're so sorry to hear about what has been going on and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. It seems like there is a lot of abuse and neglect happening in both of your homes, which you do not deserve and of which is definitely reportable. You and your aunt could call out to Child Help and explain your situation and talk through your options with them. They are a child abuse reporting agency but they can also talk to you about the possibility of having custody transferred to your aunt or someone else. Don't hesitate to give them a call. They can be reached at 1-800-422-4453. We can also be reached 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you want to talk through this option more. Let us know how we can best help.

Stay safe,

NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I don’t want to live wit my mom anymore I jus wanna be independent and do what I want Nd not always be controlled or told I can’t do certain things or I’m gettin ran up Nd down the steps lookin for stuff for her oor cooking food I wanna runaway sometimes buh I know she does wan me to do dat again that will hurt her and I don’t want to live with my family memebers what do I do??

Comment

• ccsmod11
              ccsmod11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re struggling to get some independence from your mom, which is understandable. As we grow older, we want more and more to take care of ourselves on our own terms. There are legal options for moving out of your home, and you also may have been considering running away. We can talk to youth about both options and whether it looks like these options will work for a given person. We do want to let you know that some legal options for leaving home take a long time and may even be expensive. Emancipation, for instance, can take several months, often requires hiring a lawyer, and requires you to be financially independent when you file. Running away, however, can endanger your safety, and so we recommend you plan for your safety if you’re seriously considering this as an option. Call us at 1-800-786-2929 to talk with us more about these options.

Best,
              NRS

• I don’t want to live with my parents anymore... I’m 17 and I’m tired of it... my parents have been divoced since I was 2 and I have been going back and forth between 2 houses and I don’t want to be at either. My dad and step mom drink a bit but they say things they don’t mean when they are drunk. And I feel like I don’t belong over my moms and I can’t ever tell her how I feel and we have tried to go to counciling but nothing has helped... i feel like there is no where to turn to and that I am alone in this situation cuz my parents don’t realize how stressful it is for me.

Comment

• ccsmod5
              ccsmod5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a tough spot. It can be difficult feeling like you have nowhere to turn to. Since you are 17, you would need your parent’s permission to stay somewhere else. If you have permission, you might consider staying with a friend or another family member, or perhaps a shelter. If you leave without permission, your family would have the right to file a runaway report and if the police are able to find you they will return you home. It sounds like your parents don’t realize how they’re impacting you and that you’ve already tried counseling, which is frustrating. If you’d like, we can facilitate a conference call between you and your parents to try to figure out a way that they can support you better. Something else to consider is using your support system, even if that doesn’t include your family. If you are able, it’s a great idea to confide in teachers, guidance counselors, and friends.
              Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
              https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
              Stay safe!

• i dont want to live with my parents

and right my dad was angry at me and said he was going to hit me and he hit me like multiple times i did something bad but that doesn't mean he has to hit me. they even drink at parties beer and they fight too and im tired of it

could you please help me . i hate my parents

Comment

• ccsmod0
              ccsmod0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello,
              Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We want you to know that you have the right to report the abuse that you have been experiencing to the police. Child Help USA is an information and referral line that can connect you with your local CPS abuse hotline. That number is 1-800-422-4453. If you ever felt like making a report or needed help, we are here to assist with that. We understand that making an abuse report can be intimidating so if you like we can call together to provide support.
              Additionally, if you ever need a safe place to go, we also can provide you with various resources for agencies in whatever area you are in to best help during this difficult time. You can always call us to talk about what you are going through and receive some support. We provide free, confidential, and nonjudgmental services. Everyone deserves to be respected and loved.
              We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think
              Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
              If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
              We hope to hear from you soon.
              Be safe,
              NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X