Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply:

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

We hope that this information is helpful to you! We’d love to hear what you think about your experience with the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). If you have a moment, please click the link below our signature line to fill out a quick survey.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Right, so I live with my stepdad and mom. I don't know where to even start. I have been smoking weed and got caught by the police and of course they told my dad. I just spoke to him over the phone and he seems to be very pissed off and he was also threatening me saying " I'm going to break every single bone in your body " he also called me a liar and a thief. Since I started living with them I would get beaten up fif the slightest mistake. Because of this I was crying myself to sleep and also have thought of committing suicide. I just want to know that if I leave my parents I would have somewhere to live or to go.

Comment

• ccsmod11
        ccsmod11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like there have been problems between you and your father since you got caught by the police smoking weed. That’s very unfortunate and we hope our message can help support you through this difficult time.

Firstly, you mention that your dad threatened to break every bone in your body. That’s inappropriate. Regardless of any behaviors you showed that upset your dad, your dad should not be threatening bodily harm unto you. He also should not be hitting you like you say. You deserve to feel safe and comfortable in your own home and violence does not allow that to happen. If you are interested in filing an abuse report, you can call us 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929, and we can help you do that. We also can listen to your experiences with your parents at any time.

You also mention having thoughts of committing suicide. We hear you and want to invite you to talk to us more about these thoughts and the experiences related to these thoughts. Talking about suicidal thoughts can be very difficult, but doing so keeps you from having to deal with your problems on your own. We encourage you to connect with your friends and other loved ones for support in this difficult time.

As far as your question about leaving home and having somewhere to go is concerned, you may be able to stay with family or friends if you are able to secure your parents’ permission to do so. If not, you may be interested in learning more about emergency shelters and transitional living programs, both of which can house you for free if you leave home. We can help locate these resources in your area if they exist if you call us at 1-800-786-2929.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• Hai
      i am 20 and actually in my home have many issues which my parents cant solve and about me they always think as they gave me wat i want money and all but expect me to prove which i cant they wont understand me wat i want to do or wat i would like to become i would like to do some thing so i would settle in my life all my parents want is marks nothing else but there hopes are too high even when achievd a job which is ok for me with salary like i can live happy for them even it is not sufficient and wanted more well for my acedamic baground the job i got is more than wat i had to get i cant keep it any more i would like to live my family i dont even want their riches even if they want to give me i dont want anything just to do wat i want and achieve wat i want

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it take a great deal of courage to seek help. It sounds like you are having problems at home. If you would like to discuss more about what you have been going through, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• I want to die

Nobody at home loves me, and nobody would care if I died. My mother is cruel to me, and above all, my family resents me!! I don’t like being home, I would rather stay at school all day. Both my brothers anger me, both of them say incredibly rude and hurtful things to me. My sister is the only one who accepts me, but she sides with my brother half the time. I hate my younger brother, and he hates me, we are always fighting. It really frustrates me when he says I was a mistake and his life would be better without me. Everybody in my family says things about me that make me cry at night, the only people that make me feel worth something are my friends. My friends are the only reason why i haven’t attempted suicide. My house is a mess, and the only place I feel comfortable is school. I really hate having to go home, but I’m scared to find out what would happen if I didn’t. This year and the last two years have been the same for me. I hate my life at home, sometimes I feel starved, and I haven’t enough clothes to last me a week, I wear the same sweaters everyday. I wish to be away from my family, I wish to have a good family, the kind that loves me the kind that supports me, and the kind that accepts me. I have had enough of my life, I don’t have enough resources to complete school work, so I’m failing some classes. I live in a broken home, the place I live in, i cannot call it home. Sometimes I dream of a wonderful life, then I start to think it’s impossible for me. I look to God, if there is one, I pray for myself, but none of that helps me in the long run. I want to get rid of this life, to start a new one. I want a mother who loves me, not a mother who reminds me of how much of a disappointment I am. I want a mother who now how to protect someone like me, not one who who makes me feel pity towards myself, I want a mother who watches over me, not one who scolds me at night before I go off to bed to cry myself to sleep. I just want a family and a home, one that I can call my own. One that I dream of in my sleep. One, where I can live a happy life.

Comment

• ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there!

Thank you so much for contacting us during such a difficult time in your life. It can be so tough when nothing seems to fit and no one supports you. In troubled families, abuse and neglect are permitted; it’s the talking about them that is forbidden. It is very courageous of you to reach out instead of sitting with what is happening to you. Especially if it is making you experience such terrible feelings. You do not deserve to feel that way by anyone let alone the people who are supposed to support you.

Something that concerns us is your mention of suicide a few times. It is very understandable that you are contemplating this given the situation that you are in. You are not alone in feeling like this in such a tough environment. We want you to know that you will not always feel this way and the world is a better place with you in it. You matter very much to your friends. If you are told that you are less than by your family please know that you are a beautiful, wonderful person of value and no matter what anyone tells you, you are loved and very soon, we promise you, you will be out of this awful situation. In the meantime, we would like to provide you with some resources for you to use if you continue to feel this way. They may be able to help you if you find yourself in an acute crisis or they could help you to find some coping mechanisms when things become bad at home. If you call in, we might be able to find therapeutic resources in your area. They are:

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
        1-800-273-8255
        www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Suicide Forum (if you feel more comfortable online)
        https://www.suicideforum.com/

Another concern of ours is the neglect and emotional and verbal abuse you are experiencing at home. Please realize that you do not deserve the constant criticism, spiteful comments, and indifference. Just because that person said things about you does not mean they are true. Abusive people like your family say hurtful things, but they are lies and you are a valuable person. No one else has the right to determine your worth, because as love yourself, that’s all that matters. And we completely understand that loving yourself right now is very difficult. You deserve healthy relationships and can find someone who likes all of you. An option that is available to pursue is to call Child Protective Services. Not having necessities provided for you such as food, clean clothes, not having enough resources to do your schoolwork, and having to live in a filthy environment are some things that qualify abuse, not just the verbal and emotional abuse you experience. If you do want to pursue CPS as an option, it may be good to record your parents saying cruel things to you and then send it to a friend so that they may keep the evidence safe in case one of your family members get ahold of your phone or e-mail. If you call us, we can conference call CPS with you to get the ball rolling. Perhaps try and see if your parents will allow you to stay with a friend or other family member. This is another resource if you would like further information on what avenues you could pursue:

Child Help (National Child Abuse Hotline)
        1-800-422-4453
        www.childhelp.org

Running away is something that you can decide for yourself. Many times running away is a better option if a person is in a terrible situation. It can be safer. No one knows what is better for you but yourself. However, before you make any decision, it is important to know the legal ramifications of running away. Running away is not illegal, but it does constitute a status offense. This does not go on your permanent record, but the Juvenile Justice System may become involved. Your parents will have to file a runaway report with the police for the police to come looking for you. You did not mention your age, but, just in case you are 17, we want you to know that sometimes police do not accept reports for minors around this age due to them being so close to legal adulthood. It is important to call you call your local police station to find out the exact laws for your area. We are not legal experts, but runaway laws can differ from state-to-state, from county-to-county. We can also conference call with you to your local station to find them out. You can block your number if you call them if decide to find out the laws. The other runaway law to be aware of is “harboring a runaway.” This is a serious legal offense that applies to anyone over 18 who you stay with—friends, friends’ parents, family members etc. If asked by the police, they will have to surrender you over to the police’s custody. However, this only applies if the police find you. If you call in, we can help you find a local youth shelter in your area if you choose to leave.

A good resource might be your school. Since you do feel comfortable there, maybe pursuing your school’s counseling services may help you. If you have any teachers you like and trust, you may also be able to divulge what is happening at home to them. Warning: schools and teachers are mandated reporters which means that if you tell them about the abuse they will have to contact CPS. Speaking to them about the abuse and the mental illness that you are currently experiencing may help you to receive accommodations. These adjustments may support you to get back on track it terms of your grades. Never underestimate how a stressful environment and mental illness affects your performance at school. Judging from your post, you are definitely a very intelligent person. You are just having a rough time due to factors that are not your fault. Something to consider as well is to get involve with extracurricular activities. This will keep you at school and delay having to come home right after.

Sometimes it is quite galling to remind a person how much people love them when they don’t love themselves that much. But, it sounds like you know that your friends love and value you. It could help to think about one’s moods and feelings about the world or other’s treatment as being similar to the weather. The weather is real. You can’t change it by wishing it away. If it’s dark and rainy it really is dark and rainy and you can’t alter it. It may be dark and rainy for two weeks in a row or dark and rainy for much longer. BUT, it will be sunny one day. It isn’t one’s control as to when the sun comes out, but it will come out one day. A person’s moods are the same. Depression, anxiety, listlessness are just as real as the weather. It is wrong if anyone tells you differently by reducing your experience in any sort of way. Your family is just the same. You are living with the weather. It is equally not under your control and is not your fault. But, one day you will be able to escape the storm. You will not have to live with your family indefinitely. In the same way that a person has to accept the weather, a person has to accept that how one feel about life sometimes or how one is treated. “Today is a terrible day and these people are awful,” is a perfectly realistic approach. It’s all about finding a kind of mental umbrella. “It’s raining inside: it isn’t my fault and I need to sit it out. But the sun may well come out tomorrow and when it does, I will take full advantage.”

Please reach out to us if you need any additional help. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We would love, love, love to hear from you in person. We will not leave you. You are important.

Sincerely,

NRS

• You see my whole life was good but until my dad died on 4th of July in 2015. Its been haunting me since Day one. I lost myself. You see let me tell you a background on my life. Growing up as a kid i always lived with my grandparents because my mom was "working" in AZ but in reality she was partying. When it was my 5th grade my mom & grandparents got in a big argument because she wanted me and my brothers back with her. Since then she has been controlling my life. Telling me to be someone I dont want to be. My mom and dad always argue & put the blame on me. I always tried to run away but my mom was always holding me back. When my dad died she became more strict. She never let me enjoy my teenage years. She always blamed my dad's death on me. She put me in a behavioral health hospital because I wouldn't open up. I always kept to myself why because I had no trust in nobody. I'm almost a month away from my 18 but she's making it harder on me. I really don't know why but me and her always argued but i never once said anything to her because I knew she was gonna call the cops & i wasn't gonna waste my energy telling her I'm trying. I'm a honor roll student who's trying to get her life together. Theirs times where I wanna run away from everything & not come back.

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to NRS for help. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do or what your next step might be from this point on.

We’re so sorry about your fathers passing, it must be incredibly hard to lose your dad, and then not get along with your mom. You are so strong for going through all of this.

You mentioned that you’re a month away from being 18, which is great! It’s not common for law enforcement to take runaway reports on 17 year olds, when they’re so close to turning 18. As far as we know, you can’t be arrested for running away, nor does the runaway report stay on your record. Once you turn 18, the runaway report would go away, because you’d be a legal adult and would not be on any record. Since we're not legal experts, we always offer to call out with youth to their local police station, through our conference calling service. That way we can ask them exactly what their protocols are, if you're interested in using that service, don't hesitate to call into our safeline. If you do decide to leave home, we can try to find a runaway/youth shelter in your area so you have a safe place to stay.

Another option that could be useful, and always available if you’d like to use it, would be our conference calling service (between youth and parents). You would call in, and then we call your mom together, to have a conference call. We can try to help you talk through some of these issues with her in a neutral way – and hopefully help her understand how you’ve been feeling. We’re confidential, so we would not share any information with your mom that you did not want being mentioned.

We understand it takes courage to reach out and share your story. Only you know when it might be time to leave home and no one can make that choice for you. Please rest assured that we are completing confidential. So anything that you share with us will stay between us. If you give us a call on our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you find resources in your area and can help you brainstorm a more options for you. We would love to talk to you.

Stay strong, NRS

• I have been waiting to leave my house for a while.

There is so much negativity in my life and my parents are not the most supportive of my plans. I am the oldest child in the house at 17, 18 next month. I know i am so close to adulthood but I cant leave yet. They wont even let me leave until June. Can they legally do that to me?

I mean my older sister got out but I am not brave like her. I kept hoping that it would get better that things would be fine in a month. next month, it'll get better next week. I grew tired and now after 2 years my eyes are open, but I also have 3 younger siblings and dont want them in that situation either.

Please help

Comment

• ccsmod16
        ccsmod16 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. You mentioned that you do not view yourself as being brave. The very fact that your reaching out to us to gather information on how to reduce the negativity in your life and take steps to start your life plans, shows you to be a very empowered person.

To answer to your question about your legal rights - your parents have the legal authority over you until you reach the age your state defines as adulthood (legal majority). In most states that is when you reach the age of 18. Once you’re legally adult you have full legal rights to decide where you want to live.

That being said, local police jurisdictions have different ways of dealing with majority issues when a youth is within a few months of becoming a legal adult. We find in the majority of situations, you being a month away from reaching adult status causes local police forces not to commit scare resources to process a missing youth complaint. As long as no life threatening issues are apparent as part of your parent’s complaint, these types run away issues are often put down to the bottom of the local police priority list. You may consider anonymously contacting your local police or ask a friend to contact them for you to learn more about what their process.

If you would like you get more detailed confidential support, you can contact us via our crisis line 24 hours a day at 1-800-Runaway (1-800-786-2929). We also offer our online chat option accessible from our website www.1800RUNAWAY.com) available in the evenings - 4:30PM to 11:30PM CST. Using these options we might be able to connect you to local resources and help you create an action plan to transition you to a safe and more supportive living situation.

Thank you again for your Forum request. By sharing the challenges you’re facing with your parents on our Forum, you allow other members of our online community to learn from your situation.

Best of luck!

• Hello, I'm 15 years old. I've always been pretty bad at trusting my parents with anything. I get scared of telling them where I'm going for the fear that they will literally scream at me through the phone. If I'm doing something good, she complains.. If I don't tell her anything, she starts yelling, assuming the worst. I don't know what to do. She hasn't hit me since a while back. Every time she asks me a question, and i answer, she gets mad. I do not know what to do. It's gotten to the point where she even cuts off my friends, phone, and starts putting my dad against me. She makes him hate me for a while, stops talking to me, and then blames me for whatever happens to her. I'm so done. I am willing to take the risk to leave this house for good. I live in Los Angeles, California

Comment

• ccsmod2
        ccsmod2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry to hear that about the way that your parents have been treating you. It sounds like your mom has hit you in the past. Abuse is never okay and you don't deserve to be treated that way. You have the right to report the abuse. You could contact Child Help (1-800-422-4453) for more information on child abuse reporting and how to transfer custody. Another option that you have is asking your parents if they would allow you to move in with another family member or friend. It seems like you have been thinking about leaving home, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. In the state of Califonia, you have to be at least 18 before you could leave home without your parents permission. If you decide to leave home, your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. Running away is not illegal, but if you decide to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. If you do decide to leave home and need a safe place to stay, we could look into local resource for you.If you have any other questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

• What should a 14 year old do if they don't want to live with their parents anymore. Well actually their father cause their mother passed away. The child has been feeling this way since they were 12. Any advice??

Comment

• ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like living with your father has been a stressful situation for you and we’re glad that you found us. It must have been difficult for you when your mother passed away, and it takes a lot of courage to reach out for support. We are happy to talk about some of your options.
        You mention that you don’t want to live with your father anymore. Since you are still a minor (under 1, you would need your legal guardian’s permission to live elsewhere. You might consider asking your dad for permission to stay with a friend or another family member. It might help if another adult (like your friend’s mom or dad) reaches out to your dad to invite you to stay over.
        It sounds like you’ve been struggling to connect with your dad. Something you might consider is therapy or counseling. It can be helpful to have another adult there to advocate for you while you talk with your dad. Here at NRS, we would be happy to facilitate a call between you and your dad to try to figure out a way that he can support you better. Feel free to give us a call if you’re interested in that. Counseling might also be helpful if you ever need to talk about how you’ve been feeling at home. Another person to talk to could be your school guidance counselor.
        Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we’d love to talk with you by phone if you would like to talk more specifically about what’s been going on. Feel free to give us a call anytime at 1-800-786-2929. If you have a minute, please also consider giving us your honest feedback of our crisis services at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Thanks and stay safe!

• Hello, um I'm not very sure where to start but I came here to find some kind of reassurance , I'm 14 and for as long as I can remember my mom and step dad have argued every single day , the fight and argue about everything, and my mom insults me all time makes me feel like Crap and it been gong on for years and I'm tired of it, she's abusive too and so mean and I just don't want to live with her anymore and I also have been hiding a secret from my mom for the longest I just don't have the guts to tell my mom I'm into girls she'll never accept it and I want to runaway and go live with my girlfriend who is 16 , her parents accept me and would let me stay with them but I'm scared my mom will call the police what should I do ?

Comment

• Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

We're sorry to hear about all that has been going on and want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. You mentioned your mom being abusive and insulting you. While emotional abuse can be harder to prove, you still have the right to report it or get help trying to cope with it. You can reach out to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 to get information on abuse reporting and your rights as a minor. You also mentioned being afraid to come out to your mom. It takes a lot of courage to do that and you're not alone. If you wanted to talk to someone about your experiences or be connected to an online community of people that may be going through similar things as you, you can reach out to the LGBT National Youth Talkline at 1-888-843-4564 or the It Gets Better Project at itgetsbetter.org.

Although we are not legal experts, generally speaking because you are a minor, if you run away your parents could file a runaway report and you would most likely be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for your girlfriend and her parents or whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a minor. If you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) a liner could help you walk through your options of what you think you could do. Is there anyone at school or another family member that you think could advocate for you to your mom? We also have a conference call option here at NRS where a liner could mediate a conversation with you and your mom to allow you to feel safer voicing your feelings and maybe come to some solutions on how to make your home life better. Don't hesitate to give us a call if you think that is something that could help.

Best,

NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• I don’t want to live at home anymore. Me and my mum hate each other and I don’t know where to go, I wish I could just go live with my friends but I do not think that’s possible. I can’t live here anymore, if I do I think I’m gonna go insane, or run. Help

Comment

• ccsmod5
            ccsmod5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi,
            Thanks so much for reaching out. It must be really difficult when you and your mom have a tense relationship. It’s understandable that you might want to distance yourself from that sort of negative environment. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for support, so thank you for writing in. You mention that you and your mom “hate each other.” That must be really difficult to deal with. An option you might consider is family counseling with a therapist or a guidance counselor at school. It could be helpful to have another adult there so that the conversation stays fair. During that conversation, you might want to talk about how your mom’s behavior affect you and what your mom can do to support you better. Another option you could consider is doing a conference call with your mom; here at NRS, one of our trained liners would be happy to facilitate a conversation if you need. Everyone deserves to be supported and loved at home.
            You mention wanting to live somewhere else and that you’re considering running away. We are not legal experts, but generally speaking you need to be 18 years old to leave without your legal guardian’s permission. If you leave before then, your family would have the right to file a runaway report and if the police are able to locate you they will return you home. Another option you might consider is asking for permission to stay with a friend or another family member.
            Thank you again for reaching out. If you want to speak more specifically about what’s going on at home or what your options are, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929.Our lines are open 24/7, and we would love to help in any way we are able. In the meantime, we hope that this was helpful and we encourage your feedback of our forum services at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think. Your feedback really helps us better serve young people like you, so we appreciate it.
            Stay safe!

• They tell i am a waste son and tell to go out from house

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. That sounds really hurtful that someone is telling you that you are a waste and to leave your house. That also sounds incredibly unsafe that your mother wants to kill you. Please call 911 if you feel like you are in immediate danger. Your safety is very important and we truly want to help you during this difficult time.

If you need to leave immediately you might reach out to National Safe Place www.nationalsafeplace.org. "Text the word “safe” and your current location (address, city, state) to 4HELP (44357). Within seconds, you will receive a message with the closest Safe Place site and phone number for the local youth agency. For immediate help, reply with “2chat” to text interactively with a trained counselor." If you would like us to look for the nearest emergency runaway shelter in your area, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us during chat hours.

If you are under 18 years old and your guardians force you to leave, that is typically considered neglect by child protective services (CPS). It also sounds like you are enduring emotional abuse, through your parents telling you that you are a waste and feeling like your mom wants to kill you. You do have the right to report any physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect to CPS. If CPS investigates and finds the abuse highly dangerous you could be removed from the home. To learn more about your reporting options, you might reach out to the expert child advocates at Child Help 1-800-422-4453. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can help you call out to your local abuse hotline if you would like to report the abuse and neglect. No one deserves to be abused, and you should be supported during this difficult time.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk through your situation, we are here to listen and help as best we can!

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

Best,

NRS

• Parents tell me to go out from house and they tell i am a waste son my mother want to kill me

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Please see our response to your post above:

"Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. That sounds really hurtful that someone is telling you that you are a waste and to leave your house. That also sounds incredibly unsafe that your mother wants to kill you. Please call 911 if you feel like you are in immediate danger. Your safety is very important and we truly want to help you during this difficult time.

If you need to leave immediately you might reach out to National Safe Place www.nationalsafeplace.org. "Text the word “safe” and your current location (address, city, state) to 4HELP (44357). Within seconds, you will receive a message with the closest Safe Place site and phone number for the local youth agency. For immediate help, reply with “2chat” to text interactively with a trained counselor." If you would like us to look for the nearest emergency runaway shelter in your area, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us during chat hours.

If you are under 18 years old and your guardians force you to leave, that is typically considered neglect by child protective services (CPS). It also sounds like you are enduring emotional abuse, through your parents telling you that you are a waste and feeling like your mom wants to kill you. You do have the right to report any physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect to CPS. If CPS investigates and finds the abuse highly dangerous you could be removed from the home. To learn more about your reporting options, you might reach out to the expert child advocates at Child Help 1-800-422-4453. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can help you call out to your local abuse hotline if you would like to report the abuse and neglect. No one deserves to be abused, and you should be supported during this difficult time.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk through your situation, we are here to listen and help as best we can!

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

Best,

NRS"

• I used to live with my grandma but had to move with my father who i barely even know after my sister left for college. I am 15 years old and been living with my dad for a little less than 2 years. i dont like living with him at all. i love him but i had to move to a whole different city and live with his wife and their kids (which i barely know too). I cant live with them anymore, they look at me different and i just cant. most nights i just cry myself to sleep because i hate where i live. i can move back with my grandma but i have no idea how to tell my very aggressive father. i have never had so much anxiety and depression. I wish i could get into more detail with my situation but honestly.... i simply hate it here and thats enough right?

Comment

• Reply: I used to live with my grandma

Hi,
            Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
            We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about what you have been feeling.
            You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
            NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.
            Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
            Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

We hope that this information is helpful to you! We’d love to hear what you think about your experience with the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). If you have a moment, please click the link below our signature line to fill out a quick survey.

Take care,
            NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X