Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just went to a new family and the youngest gets jealous and hates me. She thinks I took away her life because we are close in age, and she tries to sabotage everything. The parents are going to adopt me soon but I don't think I can do it because this girl makes it so miserable everyday for me. I don't want to be here because of her but I have no where else to go and the parents are so nice. I don't know what to do.

Comment

• Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline.

We're sorry to hear about the tough situation you are in. That would be so hard to like the parents and want to be there but feel like the other girl makes it so hard on you. Have you tried having a conversation with the parents to talk about how you feel? It can be hard to think about having that conversation if you're afraid of how they might react. If you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help you walk through what you think you could say. We also have a conference call service here at NRS where a liner could be on the line when you talk with them just so you know you have someone to help keep the conversation feeling safe. We are also here if you want more support or just someone to listen. We are here 24/7 so don't hesitate to give us a call at any time.

Best,

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Hi

my mom tells me I’m crap without saying I’m crap I feel like crap most of the time I also feel trapped I want to get away from it all I’m 17 and I have PTSD and depression and anxiety so most of the time I feel preregistration bad about my self but I can handle that but when my mom tells me I’m crap it doesn’t feel to well she learned that I’m trying to find a way out so now it’s more frequent emancipation isn’t a option I want to know if there’s any other options for me to get out of the home even tho homes not a good word for it so is there anything else other than emancipation in the state of maine

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,
          Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). I’m sorry to hear that you are having a rough time and don’t feel that you are getting the support you need at home. Leaving home as a minor (under1 is a big deal so it’s really smart that you are reaching out for advice and support.
          Trying to make a plan to leave home as a teen is a big challenge which is even more challenging when you are you are dealing with things like anxiety, depression and PTSD. It might be a good idea to try to address those issues as a first step. There are a lot of great organizations and help lines out there. I’ve included information on a few that provide emotional support and programs geared for teens. It might be helpful to contact them to talk to people who have dealt with similar issues and to find help in your local area:
          National Alliance on Mental Illness/Maine
          This link will allow you to search for programs and support groups in your area. You can search by type of support group and county.
          http://www.namimaine.org/page/SupportGroups
          SAMHSA
          This link will take you to their behavioral health treatment services locator.
          https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
          Crisis Call Center Agency
          www.crisiscallcenter.org
          (800) 273-8255 or (775) 784-8090 (available 24/7 every day)
          Teen Line
          https://teenlineonline.org
          (310) 855-4673 (available from 6pm-10pm Pacific Time every night)
          TEXT: 839863 (available from 6pm-10pm Pacific Time every night)
          The most important thing for you to consider before leaving home is that you have a safe place to stay and that you have enough money to pay for living expenses. Life on the streets can be really dangerous.
          We take calls 24 hours a day/7 days a week and we’d be glad to speak to you to learn more about your situation and determine how else we might be able help you.
          Take care.

• Always arguing with family

Hi, I’m really sick of living at home i don’t think i can take it anymore. My parents are always having a go at me for something and we argue all the time we have violent arguments and they sometimes swear at me and call me really mean names and there has been times where they got angry at me for trying to get food and stuff during arguments so I went hungry sometimes. I want to live with someone else but I don’t have any family that I could live with cause they all think I’m crazy cause of my anxiety and anger issues. I’m fed up of living here. Not just that but I also hate my school life because I have like no friends and my best friend moved to sweden a few years ago so I’m basically alone apart from like one other person. The area I live in is always full of trash and it’s really dirty and all the people round here are really sketchy too so there is just nothing I have to stay here for I really wanna leave. Please help me or tell me what I can do thank you in advance.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

Living at home can be stressful! From what you say, things sound like they may be getting to a breaking point. We appreciate you reaching out before making a decision to leave or not. We are not here to tell you what to do (like encourage you to stay at home, or to leave home) but we do want you to be supported, informed, and safe.

What do you mean when you say you have “violent arguments”? We want you to know that no one has a right to hurt you, whether that be physically, mentally, or emotionally. We are here for you, and encourage you to call us if you want to discuss what goes on during these arguments. Again, we are not here to tell you what to do, but we do want to support you. If the arguments at home are physical, you have the option of making an abuse report with Child Protective Services. If making a report is something you’re curious about, you can call us to get some more information on that option.

You mentioned that sometimes you go hungry. We want you to know that your parents have a legal responsibility to provide for you, especially with food. If you feel that your parents are not proving enough food, or withholding it in any way, that is also grounds for making a negligence report. We are here if you want to talk more about these issue as well.

Sometimes running away can seem like a good solution to a current situation. If you run away, where would you go? How would you support yourself? If you call in, we could talk to you about these details. We also want you to know about what’s called “harboring a runaway”…this is a legal risk the person you run to could get in trouble with for letting you stay with them. Another option we could discus is going to a shelter. That way, you could still leave home without putting friends/family in legal risk.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We hear you, and we are here to support you in any way we can. If you are comfortable, please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We hope to hear from you. Please be safe.

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

NRS

• I dont want to live with my parents. Thwy dont let me do anything. All they do is force me to study and im not saying its bad but they wont let me use my phone coz they think I have a boyfriend. They dont let me go out with my friends. They use abusive language all the time. When I raise my voice to tell something coz they aint listening they say theyll bang my head to the wall if i raise my voice. I live in Dubai (UAE). They didnt let me go out to any other country to study, coz they wanted me to stay with them even after knowing its my dream to go out into the world and travel. I turned 18 this year. Can anyone pleease temme how to not stay with them!! Please

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeliine, it sounds like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like home is a pretty stressful place for you and you feel as if you are ready to leave.
          It sounds like you are trying to explore some options and see what would be best for your situation. Since you are in another country you could try www.childhelplineinternational.org, to talk to someone. It could also be a good idea to talk to someone you trust about what you are experiencing. Often times talking to someone about your issues can help you discover solutions not previously thought of. You can also use our chat service to talk to us anytime in real-time.

Looking for help is a great first step and takes a lot of courage. We’re really glad you wrote to us and told us what is going on with you today.
          Good luck to you and stay strong,
          NRS

• Hi, my name's Jeremiah and I don't want to move somewhere else.

I've lived in a med. sized town in Texas and I'm happy and content where I am. I have a girlfriend and I just started going to highschool. My mom wants to move to Georgia to be with my half-brother and my sister and are fine where we are. We live in the projects and they take 30% from my mothers pay check. Also, I'm 15 years old and a freshman. I wish I could support my mother but I can't because I'm not 16 yet. My sister and I don't want to leave. But my mother told me I'm going to go back to Chicago to live with my dad. I love my dad, but I don't want to go up there. I want to say here. But I can't, The main reason is my girlfriend. We have such a strong bond between each other and I'm scared to lose her. It's not like I'm gonna lose her as soon as I leave. But I don't want to do a long-distance relationship for 3 years. My dad promises to take me down every summer and see her, but It's mostly likely JUST a week. My girlfriend is suggesting I get a emancipation from my parents. I asked my mom if I can live with in gf. She literally told yes to talk to my father about it. And he said no and he put my grand mother on the phone and asking her if I should and she said no and if it was true love then she could wait for 3 years and I visit her every summer, as visiting my girlfriend. My girlfriend doesn't want me to leave believe me I don't either and I don't know what to do right now because I'm stuck in a corner. It's either I get an emancipation from my parents both of them or I go to Chicago and I do this visitation towards my girlfriend every year and I'm afraid that she'll lose interest in me and find someone else but she does love me and she does care about me a lot but I just want to be with her forever and I know it's just puppy love but just I know if I do break up with her that I have nowhere else to go but my grandparents lives not far away from me and my auntie and my uncle Nick lives and Corpus Christi so I'm very stuck at the moment and I just want to be able to be with her but I don't know what this decision I want to do I don't want to break my mom and my dad's heart I don't want to be disowned by my dad I both love them dearly but I love my girlfriend as well and I'm thinking about getting the Emancipation but I'm scared they're going to disown me and I have no one else to be there of my family and I would just be on my own for the rest of my life with her and it's it's hard for me to just do this because it's it's a life decision right here I have either I stay back and I be with my girlfriend in this town or I go to Chicago with my dad while he lives there and I go to school and everything up there but that's I don't want to go back to that place I don't feel comfortable going back there my mom doesn't want me to not come to Georgia with her to see her son but I I just I don't know what I want to do right now it's only have 2 months left till I leave and I right now it's overwhelming and my dad say would be better and I love him and he pays almost everything for me and I have nothing else to do other than go up or go with my mom or get the Emancipation I'm stuck in the Shell my girlfriend she's as she wants shimmy she wants the best for me but she just wants to be with me and I understand that I should put family first, yes, I want to be my own person and I know they're my parents but I want to be able to make my own decisions and I know I'm not you know 16 or 18 at all but I just want to be able to have the option to say hey, I want to be able to live with my girlfriend but they don't want to hear it they just weren't or just saying that I need to let her stay here and we go up to Chicago for 3 years and no I'm going to be 18 and she's going to be 16 so I would still be stuck in a situation where I can't do anything. Please help...

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are very sorry to hear that your mom is moving out of state. It sounds like you would like to stay in Texas and live with your girlfriend. It seems like you both really care about each other. You could asking an adult that you trust if they would speak to your legal guardian (mom or dad) on your behalf and ask them if they would allow you to stay with your girlfriend. You mentioned emancipation options. In most states, you have to be at least 16 and have a job in order to qualify for emancipation. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you have any questions or just want to talk.

We hope this response was helpful!  We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum.  Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• I hate living with my parents I want to be independent and stopped being treated like a slave working my butt off while they sit on their phones and play games. ( I'm 18 ) my boyfriend and I want a future together but every time I bring it up they immediately crush those dreams . They accuse me of stealing money , work me like a mule, and I don't get treated like a person at all . They are so strict that I can't have friends come over , I can't go out of the house , every time I'm busy they ask me to do something . I hate it I would rather die than stay here . I can't move out or get a job .

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We are here to help in any way we can. You deserve to be happy and control your future.

It sounds like you aren’t able to move out, get a job, or do what you want with your time because your parents won’t allow you to. You should know that since you are 18, you are considered a legal adult. This means you have a right to decide where you want to live, and you are able to get a job without permission. You mentioned that you and your boyfriend are ready to start a life together, we’re glad to hear that you have a supportive person in your life.

We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and our main concern is your safety. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and a lot of bravery to move out on your own. We are hoping to hear from you soon, and wishing you the best of luck

Best, NRS

• I dont want to live with my parents no more!!

I struggle with depression a lot and I have tried to commit suicide before I am adopted so I have a hard time with a lot of stuff. I dont know where to start!! I just know I need help!!

Please help ME! I am confused and dont know what to do I am so lost

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a lot of courage to reach out for help. IT sounds like you are having a difficult time living at home and you mental health condition is not making things any better for you. You said that you have a lot of issues that you are trying to work through, maybe wade can help you with that. We hope that you would be able to give us a call 1-800-786-2929 so we can talk to you more about what you are experiencing. Additionally since you mentioned that you have attempted suicide before it could be beneficial to talk to someone at the Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255. We want you to know that we are here for you and care about what happens in your life.
          We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

• Hello
        my parent have taken everything I have from my life literally they took my car I bought with my money, they take all my money that I work for, and they just don't let me have freedom.. I don't want to live her no more, and specially with my dad, I love my mom to death, but I can't stand my dad, and I wanna leave this house,but I can't imagine Barly 16, turn 17 in June 9th, and I just can't... I sometimes just think of running alway is my best option, and never coming back. I want to get emancipated but don't know how In mesa az, but I wanna do it as soon as possible bc I can't stand my dad, if I don't leave this house soon, I swear I will run alway ..

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are very sorry to hear that you don't have a good relationship with your dad and your parents have taken away your car. It seems very unfair that they took away something that you worked hard for with your own money. It sounds like you want to leave home. You stated that you have thought about running away, having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you decide to runaway, your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. Running away is not illegal but if you decide to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. You could try asking your parents if they would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. You mentioned that you have thought about emancipation. In the state of Arizona, you have to be at least 16, have financial stability , and demonstrate that you can live on your own. Listed below are two resources for legal aid that can assist you with more information about emancipation and other options that you have.

SOUTHERN ARIZONA LEGAL AID
          Phone number: 520-316-8076
          9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday
          PINAL & GILA COUNTIES LEGAL AID SOCIETY
          Phone number: 928-669-6188

If you have any additional questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful!  We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum.  Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

• Hi,
        I’m 15 years old.
        My parents are always fighting. I don’t like it at ALL. My mum has left and come back to my dad 5 times now and is back once again. Mum’s always shouting at me, Dads always screaming at me. They won’t even let me STUDY at a university library so I don’t have to sit at home and listen to them fight. They called the guy I like a rapist and won’t let me go out with him. I’m always upset, always hurting, always wanting to just leave. I hate living here and I want to move away.

Comment

• Reply: Hi,
          I’m 15 years old.

Hi,
          Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
          We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about what you have been feeling.
          You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
          NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) orwww.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

NRS is here to listen and here to help.
          Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

We hope that this information is helpful to you! We’d love to hear what you think about your experience with the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). If you have a moment, please click the link below our signature line to fill out a quick survey.

Take care,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• HI, I was wondering if it is possible that there are online counselors that I could talk to using a computer. I've been thinking of talking to a counselor for a while but we don't believe in counselors because not all of them are always helpful some of them make things worse. I've been struggling with a lot of things. I kinda just want to be away from my family for a while. I'm not sure what I want. My parents don't listen to me, they yell at me sometimes and get angry often. I admit that I'm not doing everything right but when I need help they are never there for me really because they don't listen to me and then they continue giving me lectures instead of helping me. If that makes sense. They have recently taken my phone away again for good this time probably and my phone is the only way that I can communicate with my close friends but now I can't anymore because not all of them have email addresses. I can't use Messenger or Snap Chat or anything social anymore. I don't know how long they are going to keep my phone for. My dad takes my phone away from me often and every single time he will read my messages. They tell me who I'm allowed and not allowed to talk to or who I'm not allowed to see and who I can see. This has been going on for years. I feel like it gets worse the older I get. I don't want to live like this anymore. I know I'm still a child but I like who I like and I want to be friends with who I want to be, if that makes sense. I would say that I'm relevantly a good person and that I would defenitley not spend time with dangerous people or people that do bad things all the time. I do good in school most of the times and I go home everyday after school. I do what I'm told probably not every single time. I can't even write about everything because there is too much to write about. I just really miss my friends and I really miss this one guy friend. We had a good friend relationship but my parents ruined it they made everything worse. They made everything more stressful. I know that they care about me and that they are trying to protect me but they do NOT do everything right either and for some things they just keep making the same mistake. I also don't know how to explain everything. I don't know what to do....with all this emotion, anger, sadness, depression, and pain. I've also been wanting to not live at home anymore either but I'm scared to leave at the same time. If I do run away one day I don't want them to ever find me unless I want them to.

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello there, thanks for reaching out. Sounds like you are really stressed out and feeling pretty isolated at home without your phone. That cannot be easy, and we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

Here at NRS, we do have a live chat that will be on today at 4:30 pm central time. If you would like to have a conversation about your situation at that time just go to our website www.1800runaway.org to chat. We are not a counseling service, but we can talk through your situation, provide support, help brainstorm your options, and/or look for local resources that might be able to help. There are counseling services that are done through computers such as www.betterhelp.com; however, there are generally fees for those services. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline also has a chat service at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. We know you didn't disclose feeling suicidal but feeling anger, sadness, depression, and pain is still significant and they are there to help anyone feeling down. There are resources and people out there for you and should not have to go through this alone.

It seems like your parents are not hearing you and have barred you from seeing certain friends. That sounds so hard to deal with. If you are ever able to get to a phone, if you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY we have a conference call service where we can help mediate a conversation between you and your parents. It could be a safe place to let them know about those feelings you have without being interrupted or disrespected. You might also try to bring in a trusted adult in on that conversation with your parents, such as a grandparent or teacher. Sometimes it can help to bring a trusted adult in on the conversation who your parents respect if they are not hearing you.

It seems like you are considering leaving home. Please keep our number and website in mind if you ever need help. Here at NRS, we are primarily concerned about your safety and we can look for youth shelters for you if you do leave.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

We look forward to hearing from you on chat and we wish you the best,

NRS
              Last edited by ccsmod7; 03-08-2018, 03:39 PM.

• Hello,
            I do not want to live with my family anymore because my mom prefers to think of me as her maid instead of her child. I am 14 and I am an 8th grader with all high school, even 11th-grade classes. Obviously, I have a ton of homework and my mom instead of letting me work on schoolwork, wants me to do chores. She won't let me eat or drink anything except for the sink water in my bathroom because I don't have time to do the dishes (which was never one of my chores until now). She won't let me eat or drink anything besides tap water until I do it. I am so overwhelmed because she has time to drink wine and sit around, but no time to do the dishes. My brother sits around a lot or hangs out with his friends and only has to mow the lawn once every two months. He has more freedom than I do. I want to live somewhere where school comes before chores because I really want a scholarship to college and everything on my high school transcript counts. I have enough money to go without a scholarship, but I want to move out as soon as I turn 19 (I graduate then). I don't know if I can wait this long.\

HELP

Comment

• ccsmod3
              ccsmod3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Sorry to hear things at home are so stressful. It sounds like you’ve got a lot going on with school and getting all of your work and chores done. It’s great to hear you’re so focused on getting a scholarship for school.
              Not letting you eat or drink seems like a harsh punishment. If you feel like the situation is abusive, you always have the right to call Child Protective Service in your state. If you’re not sure of the number, 911 will always connect you to the right number. There are also people who are “mandated reporters”. These are people who are have to contact the authorities on your behalf—people like teachers, guidance counselors, doctors, etc.
              If you don’t feel like it’s risen to the level of abuse, you might want to consider asking another adult to help you have a conversation with you and your mom, someone like a family friend, relative, etc. We can also help you have that conversation by doing a conference call with you and your mom, or if you want to just practice having the conversation, we can also help you think through what you’ll say and how you think it will go. Also, maybe you can explain to your brother that you’re stressed out by all of your homework and chores and ask if he can help you out.
              If you want to talk more, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We’re open 24x7.
              Best of luck.
              We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

-NRS

• Hello I'm 15. My parents are going through a custody thing. And i wanna stay with my mom but my dad has custody. Would mt mom be jntrouble if she doesn't make me go to my dad's.
            Last edited by ccsmod3; 03-11-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod3
              ccsmod3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and appreciate you sharing a little bit about what is going on. Sorry that you are uncomfortable at your dad’s and that you are having difficulty with having the choice to live where you want. We aren’t legal experts and it is tough to respond due to the fact there has been long discussion and expectation decided previously about custody. We would encourage to ask you mom about what the expectation are and what the consequence might be. You could also reach out to your local non-emergency police department and ask them about what might happen if you refused to go to your dads. Also, if you reach out to us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can further discuss your situation and we can also look into legal resources for you in your area that may be able to answer your questions more specifically.

NRS

• Hello. I am a Student from Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm currently residing with my parents and am having a hard time living with them. I find it difficult to communicate with them and their lifestyle is something that makes me uncomfortable. I previously lived under the care of Social Services for 6 months until i turned 16. Then i signed a section 10. of which i was approved for. Now i'm having second thoughts as to living with them because of the fact we're pretty much damn poor. Schools a struggle and tryna find a job in a small town is hard enough already. The stress of waking up and going to bed with a empty stomach is slowly getting to me. Hopefully someone Replys. I'd look Forward to it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X