Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello
    I have been considering leaving it is kinda to much for me my parents divorced a while back in 2016 and I been having really bad aniexty which every time my mom leaves to go out I cry and get worried that something bad is gonna happen to her and my mother say’s that it is too much for her and how I ruined her life and how I am doing what my father work

which is ruining her life, she says stuff like she wishes she woke up in another life, my father is selfish and does not pay child support and complains and takes trash about my mom I cannot take it with both of them and I honestly cannot take it anymore I am ruining her life so I want to live somewhere else not with family I want to live in the same state and go to the same school but I do not want to live with either parents they fight and fight and complain before they divorced they would fight and fight get back together and figth it was too much for me to a point everyday there would be police coming to my home almost every other week. That was too much for me In school I was shy I had no friends I was lonely and islolated It kinda sucked cause I’m school I did not have any friemds to tell my problems no support I even devoped suicdal thoughts, now I just try my best to work around it. I am told by my mother that the only reason why I was born was because my father wanted to get her pregnant so she would not leave home so being told that everyday you are a mistake and this is tiring I want to be a success person in life I want to thrive and have people who love me. So I want to live somewhere else I am 15 turning 16 in a couple of months please what do you recommend. I do not want to live with them anymore,

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you so much for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and for sharing everything that’s going on. It sounds like you’re in a really difficult situation, one that has been going on for quite a while. Know that you are not alone, there are people who care for you, and nobody should have to endure what you’ve been through. It’s very understandable that you want to leave your home environment and it’s admirable of you to reach out for help.
      First off, if you are ever seriously thinking about hurting yourself, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They can be reached over the phone at 1-800-273-8255 or online at suicidepreventionlifeline.org. They are available 24/7 and are a great resource to help you with any thoughts of suicide, self-harm, depression, or anxiety.
      It sounds like your mom is creating an environment that is not healthy for you – and is potentially emotionally and verbally abusive. It is not okay of your mom to say things that try and minimize your feelings and who you are – a human being who deserves to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect. We’d encourage you to reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline, they are a great resource for youth who are living in unhealthy and abusive environments. They can be reached over the phone at 1-800-422-4453 or online at childhelp.org.
      With regard to running away from home, we are not legal experts, but we can provide some guidance if you’re thinking about running away. As a minor, running away is not a crime, it is considered a status offense, which is something that you cannot do because of your age (on par with smoking a cigarette). If you did leave home without your parents’ permission, there would most likely not be any serious legal consequences, but instead you would just be brought back home. If you are able to get your parents’ permission to leave home in order to live with another friend/relative, then that is totally fine and there would be no legal consequences.
      We’d encourage you to utilize our other National Runaway Safeline services in order to be able to talk through these options in greater detail. First, we have a telephone hotline that you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We also have a chat service that is available through our website daily from 4:30- 11:30pm CST. We will be best able to assist you through one of these services.
      Thank you again for contacting us. Take care of yourself and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance.
      -NRS

• I am 15 female I do not want to live with my mother anymore, I have really bad aniexty and which I get scared if my mother goes out to have a dinner with friends, my mother says I am a ruining her life I am doing my fathers work , she tells me the only reason I am here is because my father got her pregnant so she would not leave him and so he can cheat on her. My mother says she is gonna pack her bags and leave me with him because he is abusive he is selfish I hate his guts, I do want to Live with any of them at all they caused me nothing but pain they ruin their children and do not care they are selfish. I decided I want to leave but I do not know were to go, I want to go to the same school I am now. I just do not want to live with my family. Please help me ASAP

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you so much for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and for sharing everything that’s going on. It sounds like you’re in a really difficult situation, one that has been going on for quite a while. Know that you are not alone, there are people who care for you, and nobody should have to endure what you’ve been through. It’s very understandable that you want to leave your home environment and it’s admirable of you to reach out for help.
      First off, if you are ever seriously thinking about hurting yourself, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They can be reached over the phone at 1-800-273-8255 or online at suicidepreventionlifeline.org. They are available 24/7 and are a great resource to help you with any thoughts of suicide, self-harm, depression, or anxiety.
      It sounds like your mom is creating an environment that is not healthy for you – and is potentially emotionally and verbally abusive. It is not okay of your mom to say things that try and minimize your feelings and who you are – a human being who deserves to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect. We’d encourage you to reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline, they are a great resource for youth who are living in unhealthy and abusive environments. They can be reached over the phone at 1-800-422-4453 or online at childhelp.org.
      With regard to running away from home, we are not legal experts, but we can provide some guidance if you’re thinking about running away. As a minor, running away is not a crime, it is considered a status offense, which is something that you cannot do because of your age (on par with smoking a cigarette). If you did leave home without your parents’ permission, there would most likely not be any serious legal consequences, but instead you would just be brought back home. If you are able to get your parents’ permission to leave home in order to live with another friend/relative, then that is totally fine and there would be no legal consequences.
      We’d encourage you to utilize our other National Runaway Safeline services in order to be able to talk through these options in greater detail. First, we have a telephone hotline that you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We also have a chat service that is available through our website daily from 4:30- 11:30pm CST. We will be best able to assist you through one of these services.
      Thank you again for contacting us. Take care of yourself and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance.
      -NRS

• Hey there

my mother thinks she is a bad mother cause I ran away yesterday and wants to talk to me later and wants me to give her reasons on why I think she is but I don't but sometimes I just feel that she has more time for the rest of the family but not me what do I do?

Comment

• Hello my name is Mariah and i need some help my mom and dad hate me i was a mistake but the couldn't afford to abort me so I'm stuck with them until 17 and i want to leave they don't want to talk to me mom is either sleeping or out with her friend and my dad is high and drunk or sleeping but when they do i talk they also, hit me and i really need some of your help.

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Mariah,
        It sounds like things are pretty challenging at home, considering the fact you feel like your parents don’t want you there and even hit you. Although it’s hard to say with the limited information we have, it is possible that your parents’ behavior could be considered abusive and could warrant a call to Child Protective Services (CPS). Getting CPS involved can either put in place services to make the abuse stop, or they could arrange for an alternate living situation, separate from your parents, to ensure safety and a better living situation for you. If you are interested, you can either reach out yourself at (800) 422-4453, contact us at (800) 786-2929 to discuss the situation further and call together, or if you talk to a counselor, school personnel, or medical professional about it, they are mandated to report on your behalf.
        If you are not interested in getting Child Services involved, but are interested in moving out of your home, another legal option would be if your parents give you permission to stay with another family member or adult. Otherwise, if you are interested in talking to someone, such as a counselor, about the emotional impact this is all having on you, or even have the whole family get involved in some family counseling, you can research nearby services at samhsa.gov or by calling (877) 726-4727.
        As always, we are available 24/7 and completely confidential if you ever want to contact us to talk about the situation you’re in and explore options together: (800) RUNAWAY. You deserve to live in a home where you can be free from harm and feel supported, and we’re here to listen.
        Best of luck!
        NRS

• Hi I don't want to do my parents hate me

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We appreciate you sharing a little bit about how you feel that your parents hate you. That is not a great feeling to have and sorry your getting treated that way. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
        NRS
        Last edited by ccsmod3; 02-10-2018, 12:44 AM.

• can leave the house at 16 and live on my own

Comment

• ccsmod6
        ccsmod6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out t us today! That is a really good question. We are not legal experts, but as far as we know if you leave home under the age of majority (which tends to be 18 in most states, in some it can be higher) your parent of guardian could file a runaway report for you. Running away is not illegal, but it is considered a status offense. This means that you likely will not get arrested for running away, but the police would be looking for you and would have to bring you back home if they found you.

If you'd like to talk more about what you're going through please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help in the best way that we can.

• Hi, I'm 13 and I've been a type 1 diabetic for more than a year. My father sometimes doesn't let me eat when my blood sugar is high and does not allow me to inject insulin when it is, because he wants me to "cure" my diabetes. My dad always makes fun of my diabetes and always lets the whole family eat something with tons of sugar right in my face, and it just hurts me mentally. He is a heavy alcoholic, and always fights with my mother, which is the one who works. When I feel sick at school and call home, he never really cares and never picks me up. He plays softball on weekday nights and sometimes on weekends, and thats when my mom, sister, and I finally get to go somewhere entertaining, which he rarely lets us have. A few hours ago, my dad started screaming at me, started pulling my hair, and then threw me on the couch. He was mad that I never told him that I injected insulin, which I do not think is a valid reason to beat me. I have gotten depressed and more depressed as my dad abuses me more and more, and nobody really cares anymore, including my mom and sister. I just currently really have an urge to kill myself, but also run away from my monstrous family to probably my grandmother or another relative.

Comment

• ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline, we’re really glad you reached out to us. It sounds like you have a difficult living situation going on at home. It’s really unfair for your dad to treat you the way you described, nobody deserves that. You seem to know what is right for your body and it’s not okay that he wants to “cure” you through those methods. It must be really hard to want to take care of yourself but have such a negative influence keeping you from doing so. We’re not legal experts, but this sort of situation may qualify as abuse. Keeping you from accessing insulin could be life-threatening and it is not ever okay for someone to treat you that way. You never, ever deserve to be beaten. If you would like to look into filing an abuse report, you can call the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. You can also reach out to your local police by calling 9-1-1.
        You mention that you have an urge to kill yourself. Please know that if you ever feel in immediate danger of hurting yourself, you can always call 911. Another resource you might consider is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Here at NRS, we are also always available to listen and help as much as possible. You are not alone and you deserve to feel heard and supported.
        You mention living with another family member, which isn’t a bad idea if you have your parents approval. If you leave without your parents’ consent as a minor, your family would have the right to file a runaway. If you leave without permission, your family would have the right to file a runaway report and if the police are able to locate you, they will return you home. That being said, if you are in danger you have the right to leave that situation. If the police find you, you have the right to let them know there’s abuse going on at home.
        Another option you can consider is family counseling. If that’s something you’d like to do, we could set up a conference call with your parent(s) to make the conversation easier. If this is something you’re interested you can call us and initiate the conference call and we’d call out to your parents once you’re ready. We would establish some rules to make sure it would be a productive conversation and act like the middle man, making sure that it doesn’t become a yelling match. You could also try talking to a school counselor or teacher about how you feel, just to have someone to talk to, but keep in mind that they are mandated reporters, meaning that if you mention abuse, they will have to report it.
        Thank you again for reaching out. We wish you the best of luck and encourage you to call if you ever need. Our number is 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck to you.
        Last edited by ccsmod5; 02-17-2018, 12:17 AM.

• I had to get a job. I’m 16. I’m struggling school and a job but I can’t quit or else I won’t make money for myself. I’m an emotional wreck, I feel no love for me in my own home. I don’t want the parents I have now, they treat me like ********.

Comment

• ccsmod3
        ccsmod3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what is going on. Sounds like you are in an overwhelming situation to where you are trying to balance school, work, and parents who don't seem very supportive. You seem like a very responsible person and are trying to do the best you can. You also are aware that you need to make money for yourself to have some freedom choice of what to do with money that you earn.

Stay strong through this and we would encourage you to call into us directly at 1-800- RUNAWAY as we can talk more in detail to help you us understand how we can best support you and talk through how you can continue to move forward.

-NRS

• My mum has never liked me she constanly calls me a cunt and always lies to my dad about what ive done so that it makes me look like ive treated her badly when it is the other way round and my dad always takes her side swearing at me as well threatning to beat me if i dont clean up my act he already has anger mamagement issues and it dosent take much to set him off i often dont feel safe around him i am 16 and live in new zealand my parents said they wont let me move out but i want to know is there a way i can move out regardless of what they say.

Thank you

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best,
        NRS

• my parents beat me alot. i have 2 sisters and i dont wana be here. i wanna run awaay but i already know theyrr gonna find me quick. i wanna live with my grandparents how do i do that? i dont wanna live here

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re going through a really hard time and we hope we can help.

We’re really sorry to hear that your parents have been beating you a lot. There’s nothing you could have done to deserve that. It’s not your fault, and you deserve to be safe and comfortable in your own home. You seem like you’re a strong person, and we hope you can get out of this bad situation soon. We can file abuse reports for you with police. This may get CPS involved, and can result in you being housed elsewhere. You can feel free to call us to file such a report, or to receive more information about abuse reports (1-800-786-2929). We also are always here to talk to you about abusive experiences you may have had, and we can refer you to local mental healthcare providers as well.

It may be possible for you to live with your grandparents legally. We are not legal experts, but we have heard of such arrangements before. You can contact your local courthouse to learn more information about how to transfer custody to another family member where you live. We can help you look for your courthouse’s contact if you call us. You also mention running away, and we can help you plan for safety if that’s something you want to do. You may want to start thinking of where you’ll stay, where you’ll get food, and how you’ll go to school if you do want to run away. We can help you plan for all of these things. We also can answer general legal questions about running away if you have any such questions.

Best of luck,
        NRS

• I dont wanna be here with my parent no more and i have someone that wants me to live with them but he wont let me im 14 what should i do

Comment

• ccsmod5
        ccsmod5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey,
        Thanks for writing in. It sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time with your family right now and you’re wondering if you can stay with someone else. It’s completely understandable that you would want to get some space from a stressful situation, and it takes a lot of courage to reach out for support. We’re not legal experts, but we’ll try to help as much as we can.
        You mention that you already have someone else that you can live with, which shows a lot of forethought. Generally speaking, you would need to be a legal adult (usually 18 years old) to leave home without your parent’s permission. If you leave without permission, your family would have the right to file a runaway report and if the police find you they will return you home. Another option you might consider is asking your parent for permission to stay somewhere else temporarily, like another family member or the friend that you mentioned.
        It sounds like there’s a lot going on at home. Sometimes it can help to have a conversation with your family about what you’ve been feeling and how they can make you feel more supported. It can be useful to have another adult in that conversation to keep it fair. That could be a guidance counselor or a therapist if you’d like; here at NRS, we also offer a conference call service and can help you have that conversation as well.
        Thanks again for your courage in reaching out. We appreciate you and we hope that this was helpful. Please feel free to reach out to us 24/7 at our hotline, 1-800-786-2929. We wish you the best of luck and we encourage you to give your honest feedback of our services at the link below. Stay strong!

• Hey? Is that a good way to start this? yea I don't know, i'm just trying to get help/advice.
      I'm 17 years old struggling with life not knowing what to do. So many problems at home, specially with my mom. She's the type of mom who would put so much pressure on you, not giving a s*** and not being thankful for it. I've always tried to help my mom with chores, and all these other things I shouldn't be even thinking about. Lately (1-2 years), she has been such a b**** up to the point where I want to run away and never see her and sometimes even to die. I've always been a depressed girl, but I just didn't show it. A happy little girl people would know me by. I just want to run away forever and never come back. Earlier today my mom told me to clean the house, do her laundry, clean my room, and clean bunnies cage.. Yea, I did everything except the dishes, house was mopped and everything was done.. I was hungry, she didn't leave me food or anything to even cook. So I decided to ask my friend if she can take me to get food, so she did let me. I asked my mom if i could go, she started being annoying asking why, with who, have i cleaned, and just pointless things. Then i somehow convinced her, pretty weird. So I go and I take my time to eat and etc, to not get home and see her be annoying. I got home, she started to interrogate me, i felt as i was in prison. She was like " what took you so long to come back home, when i talked to you you said you where on your way. i was ( before i even went to get starbucks). Then yea she got so f****** annoying. Telling me I'm grounded, and that i can't go out at all anywhere not even outside just school and back.. Um whats happening to soccer practice i have? and gym? and also my after school programs?.. Yea i don't know. anyways, I went of on her saying i don't care , i just want to die to never get to see you again. she then said "you're all talk"

i don't know what to do anymore, i was thinking on joining the army and leave at age 18. but i don't wanna leave important people from my life like my sisters and bf.. I need advice.. please help ..

Comment

• Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are here 24/7 to listen and to support.

It sounds like you have been in a hard situation for quite some time. We want you to know that you deserve to feel safe and happy in your home. If you want to talk to someone and just have them listen, don't hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). A liner will be there to listen and help you come up with options of how to cope. We could also talk you through what it might look like to leave and give you resources for how to look into the army and other things like that. You also mentioned feeling depressed. We want you to know that your life is valuable and that there are people that want to help. You can also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or over chat at suicidepreventionlifeline.org. They are also 24/7 and there to support you.

It can be difficult to have a conversation with your mom if she’s unwilling to engage with you and only yells or gets angry. Sometimes it can be helpful to have another adult around when you’re trying to talk to your mom so that they can stand up for you and try to keep the conversation calm and fair. That person could be a guidance counselor, other family member, or any other adult you trust. Here at NRS, we also offer a conference call service and can help you have that conversation with your mom.

It takes a lot to reach out for help, and we're glad you did. Let us know how we can best help.

NRS

We hope that this information is helpful to you! We’d love to hear what you think about your experience with the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). If you have a moment, please click the link below our signature line to fill out a quick survey. Best of luck!

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I’m 15 and don’t wanna live with my mom no more because she’s always at work and never home when’s she is home she wants to argue with me over nothing. I been wanting to live with my dad who has raised me since I was a baby but I can’t just move in with him because he’s not on my birth certificate and my mom won’t let me move out. I clean up my house and do everything she asks me to, she don’t do nothing for me , my aunt usually does most stuff for me so maybe you could explain to me how you could help me

Comment

• ccsmod7
            ccsmod7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. That seems really frustrating that your mom is not home much, and when she is you all argue over nothing. It is really reasonable that you are wanting your mom to be more present and to have better communication with each other, rather than always arguing. Seems like you have a better relationship with your dad, but he might not have any guardianship rights over you. You so deserve to live in a stable, supportive environment.

If you haven't already, you might try to talk to your dad about how you are wanting to move back with him. We are not legal experts or expoerts with custody issues, but we can speak generally. He might have partial rights, or have the ability to go to court and work to gain partial custody rights over you. It sounds like your aunt is a great support for you, maybe you can talk to her about wanting to live with your dad, and see if she can talk to your mom for you about moving. Legally, you can live anywhere with your guardian's permission.

You mentioned wanting us to explain to you about how we could help. We are a crisis hotline for runaway and homeless youth, so we are crisis intervention trained if you ever need to talk to someone. We are available 24/7 over the phone and we also have a live chat service open in the afternoons. If you ever need to get to a safe place, we have a national database of runaway shelters. We also have a database of individual and family counseling resources, and a conference call service if you would like to have a mediated conversation with your mom about how she is making you feel.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us so we can help help.

We truly wish you the best of luck,

NRS

• Hi ive been getting very sad and lonley lately my friends dont like me anymore i feel like my mum doesn't love me im a middle child so my parents never really paid attention to me my family is always yelling expecially at me im always getting in trouble for no reason like my syblings are always making it out like something its not i really want to leave but have nowhere to go please help

Comment

• ccsmod2
            ccsmod2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about the way your friends and family are treating you. You could try talking to someone you trust such as a teacher or school counselor. It sounds like you are thinking leaving home but have no place to go. We could look into local resources such as youth shelters or transitional living programs near you. You may want to consider asking your family if they would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. Having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourself is important. If you decide to leave home, your family has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. Running away is not illegal, but if you decide to stay with a friend they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929) if you would like to continue to discuss what's been going on.
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X