Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to live with my parents anymore

Hello,
    Thank you for calling the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you are having to live in a constant state of conflict and abuse.
    We are sorry to here that in an attempt to leave you were hospitalized.
    You don’t deserve to be hit or verbally and emotionally abused.

There are laws that are in place to protect you against child abuse.
    Have there been any reports of child abuse filed on your behalf?
    Your safety is important. Sometimes having a plan on where you can go if you feel in danger or you have been kicked out of the house can be a good idea.

We have a national data base at NRS so we might be able to assist you with locating local resources in your area. These resources may consist of emergency shelter to filing an abuse report with child protective services.
    You can contact this referral for immediate help with information on where to file a child abuse report.
    Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453
    How does that sound?

You are welcome to call if you would like to talk about what you think your options are or explore others.
    NRS is available 24hrs a day and you can call our crisis line 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit us at www.1800Runaway.org (live chat).
    Contacting NRS was a very courageous thing for you to do. Good for you.

We hope you that you are safe and that somehow your situation changes for the better.
    Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Prisoner

My mum treats me like a prisoner she hides my shoes friends aren't aloud near the house never mind in the house the house is always messy dishes everywhere rubbish everywhere every time I say I want to leave we get in a big argument and she hits me and every time i try to take my life

Comment

re: Prisoner

Hi there,

We are so pleased that you reached out today, it sounds like you are handling a lot of stress in your home. Feeling like a prisoner sounds really hard and it is good that you are reaching out for help now.

Have you considered talking to someone at school or in law enforcement when your mum hits you? You mentioned that you feel like taking your own life. That must be overwhelming and exhausting. There are some organizations that are dedicated specifically to support people that are feeling what you're feeling. In the USA there is the National Suicide Hotline at 800-273-TALK, and if you are in another country you could try www.childhelplineinternational.org, we found a number in England to call 0808 808 4994 to talk to someone.

Looking for help is a great first step and takes a lot of courage. We’re really glad you wrote to us and told us what is going on with you today.

Good luck to you and stay strong,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I got an offer to go to a high school in brooklyn and play soccer there with a scholarship and we live in manhattan but my mother doesn't want to transfer me...she isn't even thinking about my future...can't i get like adopted to a family that actually cares about my future?

Comment

Re:

Hello and thanks for sharing a bit about yourself on our forum. Congratulations on wining a scholarship to play soccer – that’s very exciting! On the other hand, we imagine it might be stressful too since your mom doesn’t want you to transfer schools. We aren’t sure how serious you are about wanting to get adopted by another family or not, but either way please know we’re here to listen and provide support to the best of our ability. Consider giving our Live Chat a try to continue talking about your situation. Good luck!

Comment

runaway

[QUOTE=ccsmod14;18980]Hi there,

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

Best,
              NRS[/

I am 13 Yrs old,
              I am sneak on and i ne .

Comment

re: runaway

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are a crisis hotline for runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth. We invite you to reach out directly either by calling or live chatting in order to give you the attention and time you deserve to explore the best options for you. Here at NRS, we have a database of resources that we would be happy to share.

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST by accessing out website www.1800RUNAWAY.org. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

NRS

Comment

dont know what to do no more

look. i see people on here who have horrible stories and mine isnt that bad compared to anyone.
                  two years ago i had a phsychotic episode which led me to a mental hospital. I was diagnosed with mild phsycosis which i dont suffer from no more. But i also go diagnosed with severe bi polar disorder and depression. I still suffer from that and it sucks. So within the past two years i been in trouble a few times for smoking weed and i loved to do it. but my parents wont let me do it. ill get sent to military school if i do. and it was really helping me with life. but now i have a girlfriend and i love her more than myself. my dad still doesnt trust me ever since the last time i got caught smoking weed. that was 10 months ago. I recently got in trouble for something that my dad thought i was lying about but i didnt. so he took my phone. and im not mentally okay without talking to my girlfriend so i found a phone and i used that for a week. My dad found out about the phone and now im grounded for even longer. i dont understand why he cant just believe me. my girl my be pregnant too. My dad says messed up stuff like "if you fail this next drug test then im gonna beat the **** *** ** ***" or "I dont even care what the consequences for me would be. I would **** *** **" or "you wont see me as dad anymore youll see me as a disrespected ***********" when i aint even done nothing wrong in the first **** place. I cant talk to him about none of this because im too scared to talk to him. I cant tell if he is serious when he says he would hurt me or if he is trying to scare me. a part of me thinks theres no way he could hurt me but the way he is when he is mad is really scary and i am scared of him. he loves me and he wants whats best for me but i cant put up with him no more. the way my brain is i just cant keep taking his ******** no more. he doesnt ask me if im doing okay he doesnt ask me if im happy. all we ever talk about is school. and i dont want to go to school anymore but he doesnt know that. Im tired of him and i want to move out of his house. and my moms been on me pretty bad lately about stupid stuff. man im not sure how much longer i can put up with it anymore. give me some help
                  Last edited by ccsmod6; 10-19-2015, 03:13 AM. Reason: profanity

Comment

RE: dont know what to do no more

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It seems that things between you and your dad have been rocky for quite some time now. It sounds like you are just wanting your dad to understand you more and support you in the way you need him. The things he says to you seem to have quite an effect on your mental health. We imagine it is painful for you to be treated and spoken to that way. We are sorry you are going through this. You mentioned feeling scared that he may do something to hurt you. If ever you are in danger, please reach out to your local police at 911 for emergency help.

It sounds like you may benefit from having someone to talk to. We are here to listen and to help. You can speak with us by phone or chat through our website www.1800runaway.org. There are also teachers and counselors that are there for support too.

We hope to hear from you soon. Please be safe and take care.

Best,

NRS

Comment

I WANT TO GET adopted into a different family

I am tired of this child abuse my parents do to me , first I wanna start with the emotional . my dad yells at me for everything I will start with this story I wrote to text my mom but then I know she was going to beat me because she doesn't like it when u say things like oh my lord be quiet she almost slapped me in front of my friends it was so embarrassing and now I'm getting bulied. There are many situation s like this and I feel like I will commit suicide or I will kill them or worst of all they kill me . but first here is the text. say u do anything for me well I don't see that happening when I want privacy peace alonetime go outside to my friends house when I want new clothes ,I can't even sit down comfortable y you will always say sit properly and dad will say what r u doing and doesn't trust anything I do and say u better not be playing games and focus on your school lesson adad say all the time and if I talk back and say OK he yells an d say its not okay and he starts yelling and saying mean things and u make me depress . daddy always asking me if i have friends i say yes i do and he say talk louder something wrong with u dont make me slap u and i get scared because his slaps i get headaches and rashes and i get depressed feel suicidal a I do things for u but what do I get in return god bless u . like do u have a conchense or some love to buy or to give or to anything that I want u to do for me. I don't even ask for anything and yet you still complain on I buy u this and that . I have 1 question for u were those my needs or wants . u love me u would take me where I wanna go especially on my birthday to go to Dave and busters u just say no and hurt my whole birthday and feelings like that do u have any kindness in your even though u pray to god I have so much more things to say and that just shows as a mother your not a loving parent you or the emotional and physical abuser. And shows that I don't fit in this life with you as a child who isn't happy in this home for just a week or two days at least theres always something probably if I wasn't hear it'd be easier right you damn hateful parents I hope u die but I die first . I ********ING HATE MY LIFE ITS BECAUSE OF U THAT I GET SHY AND SCARED AND CONFUSED AND GET IMPATIENT BECAUSE OF YOUR DAMN ABUSE HATRED AND YELLING EVERYDAY TO PROVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME GO TO HELL AND HOPE I DONT SEE U THERE . WHAT A LIFE I REALLY NEVER KNEW WHAT LOVE FELT LIKE. I REMEMBER THAT TIME I FELL DOWN THE STAIRS IN FRONT OF MY UNCLES AND COUSINS BECUZ U HIT ME B4 ELIJAH DIED THE DAY I RAN AWAY U JUST EMBARRASSED ME AND MADE ME DEPRESSED SINCE THAT DAY . I REMEMBER WHEN I GOT IN TROUBLE FOR GOING TO THE GYM FOR ONE HR AND NOT TELLING U MAN WAS IT REALLY THAT BAD THAT U MADE ME DO 50 PUSHUPS KNOWING IM OVERWEIGHT SAYING IM TIRED AND THEN I GET RHABDOMOYOLOSIS I SHOULD OF NOT DRINKED WATER AND JUST DIED THAT DAY becuz now MY LIFE HAS GOTTEN WORST. I REMEMBER WHEN I GOT SLAPPED IN THE FACE WHIPPED IN THE HAND FOR HAVING A D IN ENgLISH AND SCIENCE KNOWING I TRIED U STILL HIT ME*. and that's the end of the text and today my parents don't even trust me in school because the teacher calls about an assignment that is a regular basis with every student. My mom yells at me and forces me to speak by saying huh and then I don't know what to say so my dad says I will punish u (physical). So they always resort to violence all the time even if they go to church and say god will help u but then they lose it soon for anything. Please I want to leave my parents and have foster 1s I'm just tired of it and thinking about killing myself because of my life and how I don't fit in with them I don't know what to do I just wanna get away from them like running away which I do all the time but last time I did my mom lost it and whipped my hand I almost fell down the stairs and she slapped me . I think they might hurt me permanently 1 day bad as it is already pls help

Comment

I don't feel loved

my parents recently got divorced and I live with my dad and my 18 y/o sister .. I've hated my mum for a very long time, for she has abused me(emotionally, not physically, but sometimes I fear that will happen) and recently, my father has been getting wet emotionally abusive as well.. he rarely spends time with me aswell .. I'm only 13, so I can't really do anything about it, but I don't want to live with either of them .. I want to be put in the care of someone who will treat me like they care about me .. it's been so long since I've felt loved ..

Comment

RE: I don't feel loved

Hello there,

We are glad that you reached out to us here at NRS for help today. It is great that you are wanting to get some help; it shows great courage and strength and shows that you are looking to explore some options. You mentioned feeling unloved by your family. We are sorry that you are feeling this way. It sounds painful to endure the emotional abuse from your parents. You do not deserve to be harmed in any way. It seems you are just looking for some quality time with your parents and support and love from them which is a normal request and expectation of family. If ever you feel threatened or unsafe, you have the right to contact local police or report any abuse or neglect to child protective services (Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453; www.childhelp.org).

We are here to listen and explore some options that will keep you safe. Sometimes living with another family member may help lessen the stress and conflict at home. Oftentimes talking about the situation and brainstorming ideas with someone may bring some ideas that will help with things at home. It seems the stress from the divorce has affected the relationship with your family. Family counseling is an option that may help. We can explore various options that are best for you if you called our crisis line or chatted with us.

We hope that you can reach out by phone or chat soon so that we may help you.

Please be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Comment

skitzofrentic mother

So I'm only 15 I turn 16 in about a week and my mom is crazy skitzofrentic I'm almost to the point where I'm ready to runaway ,but I don't want to mess my life up over her. I don't think I can live with her much longer she doesn't even have a car so we have no transportation she's been in the phych ward alot and its stressing me out all we do is argue and yell at each other constantly and I'm getting tired of it she's always thinking someone is trying to kill her and she will try to talk to me about it like "Carmen these people are trying to get me to kill myself" what can I do I don't want to live with her . her and my dad have joint custody but he lives in another state . I know another adult I can live with that will let me stay with them. my dad said its OK and all I have to do is get moms permission which isn't going to happen she said I'm stuck with her until I'm 18. I'm not going to be able to last that long. What can I do?

Comment

Reply: skitzofrentic mom

Hello,
                              Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a situation where you have no control when it comes to your mother’s health. That’s tough. It’s probably very hard for you to know your mom is having mental health issues.
                              Besides your father are there any other adult relatives that you can talk with about getting help for your mom?
                              You mentioned that your father has joint custody of you.
                              Are you willing to talk with him about stepping in and taking full custody of you even on a temporary basis?

This might allow him to grant the person you mentioned a temporary guardianship of you while something hopefully is being figured out with your mother.
                              How does that sound?

You are welcome to call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) to speak about your situation and to explore any options that might come to mind. We understand that this is very difficult for you and probably emotionally draining. How are you taking care of your emotional needs?
                              NRS is here to listen here to help 24hrs a day.
                              We hope to hear from you soon.

Take Care,
                              NRS
                              Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-18-2015, 08:47 AM.

Comment

My mom uses slapping as discipline

I've been wanting to talk to my parents about moving out and living with my cousins I am only fifteen I'll be sixteen in one month my mom grew up in an abuse home her mother would force her to clean cook and everything a mother should do when she was only eight years old if my mom did not comply she would be beaten with a belt slapped wires hangers , because of this my mother and grandma don't ever talk now my mom when I was younger would discipline us (my sister and I ) by hitting us slaps sometimes punches most of the time smacks and pulling out hair she would do this often when we were young but now that we are older it is less especially me but last night she smacked me slapped me hit me with a belt and pulled my hair multiple times if it wasn't for my dad I would have been whooped by the belt more times , my mom struggles of chronic back pain depression and anxiety because of our past emotional domestic violence with our dad I have depression as well but as I now take a psychology class in high school I'd say it's a "big surprise " my mom blames me for a lot without knowing facts she straightly concludes I had doing in the situation whatever it may be she calls me a ********** stupid and she's told me before I make her want to kill herself although my mom loves me she loses her temper and my friend if a mom is long gone in class (psychology ) I've been learning a lot about mental illness and why people do things or why not and I've tried correcting my mom in the way she disciplines us but she yells at me smacks me and last night threatened to end my relationship with my boyfriend my mother gets pissed off and in a bad mood that typically one doesn't care to much about sure it's natural to be crossed at your children but to blood boiling point for what all because they didn't take out the trash when you didn't ask them to we did the dishes how she asked of us I feel like we always have to do a little extra for her to be pleased I'm just tired of making her mad and her beating me and telling me horrible things I want to live with my aunt and uncle but at the same time don't want to leave behind my little brothers and sister I am the oldest and am always thinking of what's good for them and their happiness before mine I am most often the adult in the house my mom and dad aren't there yet I have been learning so much about how our experiences and memories have a lot to do with our psychological state I want my brothers to be mentally healthy but given the things they've seen I'm too late I feel like my mother and dad are to traditional they treat us how they were treated they are ignorant to what they do my dad not so much mostly my mom hardly ever my dad but my dad doesn't hit my sister and I ever in his life only my brothers and not hard just little spanks but my mom she slaps them hard sometimes and she says sorry and tells us not to be scared of her and cries because we are and sometimes gets mad at us for being scared and not giving her a chance but what can we do when we have a hard drive locked in our brains of how she will react the point is I'm tired of this love hurt not hate cycle I want to leave but don't know what to do and if I even can

Comment

Working...
                                X