Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m really not happy with living with my family. They’re so fake to me and they don’t care about me at all. They hardly ever pay any attention to me.
    They restrict me in almost everything. They don’t ever help me on my situations and then they later blame me for not telling them anything. They are so hypocritical and make us look like bad kids. They also assume everything. My parents do physical abuse and verbal abuse. They slam us against the wall, pull our ears and yell at us saying we’re a piece of sh*t and we don’t deserve anything, or worse. They enjoy abusing me and I’m so tired and I want a new family. Please help.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you so much for writing in. It sounds like you’re going through an incredibly difficult situation with your family It must be hard to feel like your family doesn’t care about you or give you the attention you need and deserve. It is not okay that your parents are abusing you at all. You absolutely deserve to feel loved and supported, especially by your family.
      You mention that your parents have been physically harming you and verbally abuse you. That is not okay. One option might be filing an abuse report. For more information on what that looks like, you can call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453, as they have expertise on abuse reporting and the possible outcomes. If you're not comfortable doing this, you might consider talking to a trusted adult, teacher, guidance counselor, who can report that information for you, as well.
      You asked about getting a new family. It is possible to stay with someone else if you’re able to get your parents’ consent. If you are able to get consent, then there should no issue legally (though we’re not legal experts at all). If you leave home without permission, your family would have the right to file a runaway report. If the police are able to locate you, they would return you home. In that case, you can let them know what’s going on at home, as they are supposed to investigate any allegations of abuse and should not return you to an unsafe home.
      If you’d like to talk about the situation more specifically, please feel free to reach out to us any time at 1-800-786-2929. Best of luck.
      Last edited by ccsmod5; 12-30-2017, 07:17 PM.

• I Don't want to live with my parents anymore, but I am too young to runaway because my parents would call the police on me. But Just tonight my dad was right next to me and I almost tripped over my dog and I told my dog to move but my dad said Hey dont talk to him like that he is old but My father and mother Always tell him to move and my father has kicked him intently and they are never fair and I told my dad that, that is being a hypocrite and he got mad and screamed at me and cursing and said "Dont You ever call me that You hear me!" and then I said yes but he was washing something in the sink and I guess he didnt hear me soo right when I was leaving to my room He went up to me and grabbed my neck and started to choke me and moving me to the room while choking and pinned me up to the wall and said "did you not F** hear me" and I was like yes yes I did I heard you and I said I understood you and then he left to the garage, my father was always very kind and happy and always messing with me and joking around but he has been changing lately when he snaps he is always aggressive and abusive and that always includes my mother I have always hated her and never really got along with her She is a very Narcisstic mother and believe me she is. She never listens to me when I try to show something I made or built and she always ignores me or says I dont have time and When i was a little younger around 8 now I am 14 but when i was 8 one day i got in an argument with her about something i don't remember but to the point where she was gonna hit me with a golf club and I just remember the exact moment when she also pinned me on the wall and then let go ran to My room where i had golf clubs and grabbed it and then she put it up to my face and she said You better listen to me or else, so I was pretty scared because I knew she would have hit me with it if she could. My mother is always on me when i do something wrong or embarrasses me in public when i mess up she screams out of her life just because i mess up like i spilled something or I broke something and she makes a big scene. She has also locked me in my room and screamed in my face saying i am the reason my Brother is Dead....I Was Only 5 when he died and he was 15 How was it my fault because i always made him mad when i took his stuff ok Sureeee. My father has been talking to me for a couple months already about divorcing her and all that and i want to live with him but i guess the divorce is never happening because its been already half a year and he is taking her side noww and is against me now with everything. So I dont really want to live with them and deal with them. I do not know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for writing us! It sounds like you have been going through a difficult time at home, and you are wondering what you ought to do. It seems like things are challenging due to how your mom and dad treat you. Sorry to hear that your dad spoke to you roughly and grabbed you like that. Remember, if you feel you are being abused, you can call the police if you feel endangered by your parents. You can also call and file an abuse report with the National Child Abuse Hotline line at 1-800-4A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453). This is confidential and you can let them know about the incidences of abuse and they can investigate. Overall, it seems like your family has been going through many changes where at first, you had a great relationship with your dad, but his treatment toward you has changed, and you’ve lost your brother at some point. It also seems like your relationship with mom has often been a challenge.

You are not alone. If you feel that relationships at home are tense or unsafe, have you considered reaching out to a trusted adult (at school or around your neighborhood) or relative who can help provide you with emotional support and advice? You don’t deserve to be mistreated by your family, and there are people out there who can help. Likewise, we invite you to call us so that we can provide you with a listening ear. Upon learning more about your story, we can give you individualized supports and/or help you plan for your safety. We hope to hear from you soon!

Best,

NRS

• Hey... There's a lot going on with my life. I live with just my mom and I can't stay here anymore. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and migraines and so much more things. Since I was 9 years old all my mom has ever done to me was yell, scream, or hit me. I'm now 15 years old. I get screamed at everyday for as little as a pencil. A couple days ago my mom told me that she would put me out if I continued to be "disrespectful" her definition of disrespectful could be if I say something like okay before she says one last word or if I try to answer a question before she gets out the last word. She's separated from my dad and I don't get to see him everyday but I can't move in with him becsuse he is going through a tough time. Everyone always tells me to be patient because they know that is all my mother does

I can't take it anymore. Its stressing me out more and making me more depressed by the minute to the point where I want to physically hurt myself. I think she forgets that I have depression. She always says she loves me but then the next day its the same thing all over again....I'm a bisexual girl and I have a girlfriend and I think she doesn't accept me for who I am. I don't think I can live with someone who can't accept me. And I have cried almost everyday since I was 11 years old because its always the same thing. It hurts me so badly it breaks my heart. The only thing that keeps me alive and keeps me motivated to go through life is my girlfriend

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to NRS, we’re here to listen and to help.
      It sounds like you are going through a really tough time with your mom. It sounds like a really difficulat living situation that doesn’t sound very supportive, made more complicated by the fact that you feel like she can’t accept you for who you are, nor accept your relationship with your girlfriend.
      Everyone deserves to be accepted for who they are, and to have a supportive and loving home where they feel safe. From what you’ve shared - even if you hadn’t said it - it comes across clearly that you are stressed and depressed from what’s going on with your mom, from the verbal abuse to threats of getting kicked out, to not accepting your relationship. That can be definitely be hurtful, and it sounds like it’s causing you a great deal of pain.
      Please know that you are great just as you are, and there are people who want to help. We’re very glad to hear that you have a girlfriend who offers you support and love. Another great supportive resource to consider is the LGBT National youth hotline, at 1-800-246-7743. They have a great set of staffers trained to offer support for youth struggling with LGBT-related issues.
      You mentioned that your mom seems to forget that you have depression. Have you spoken with your depression medical care giver recently? It’s important that you have a resource to help you be your own advocate in this regard. You also mentioned that sometimes it gets to the point that you physically want to hurt yourself, and that concerns us. If you are having thoughts like that, another great resource to consider is the Trevor Project – it’s a LGBTQ youth suicide hotline, with staffers trained to help youth considering physical harm to themselves. Their number is 1-866-488-7386.
      In terms of your mom, and difficulties you’re experiencing communicating with her – have you considered family counseling with her, or having a trusted 3rd party (relative, family friend) sit down with you both to help open the lines of communication? That’s a service that we offer here at NRS – to help you and your parent communicate, and to help advocate for you and keep the conversation going. If that is something that seems viable, just give us a call on our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can help answer any questions you have about that process.
      If you need to consider other options for where to stay – we have a database of alternative housing options and can talk to you about what those options may be in your area.
      Please know that there are people who want to help you – and that there are options available. If you’d like to discuss any of the above in more detail, or want to explore other options, don’t hesitate to contact us at1-800-RUNAWAY or online at www.1800runaway.org, we’re available 24 hours 7 days a week.
      We hope that this information is helpful to you. Best of luck, and we hope to hear back from you soon!

• Ummm hello my mom and dad told me i was a mistake and they dont want me no more

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand how uncomfortable and difficult it can be to come forward to strangers on the internet about problems you’re facing.
      However, it is often the first step to getting help. Hopefully this message effectively helps you out.

It’s unfortunate to hear that your parents told you that you were a mistake and don’t want you anymore. You deserve to feel loved for and cared by your parents, and we’re sorry to hear that this currently isn’t the case. I’m sure this has all brought up a lot of emotions, and you may need some help figuring out what the next steps are. If you call into us at 1-800-786-2929 or email us at [email protected], we can learn more about your experiences, and use that knowledge to help you decide what your options are and what plans you may want to take. If you don’t want to make any decisions or actions right now, that’s okay too. That makes a lot of sense given the gravity of your situation. We are more than willing to just discuss with you some of the issues that you’re facing. We are always here for support, as well.

Hopefully this message helped you understand more about our services. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
      NRS

• My parents want to move to fl and i would like to stay in ny I cant this is dumb my friend said i could love wit her

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to us. We’re sorry that it looks like you will be moving away from your friends.
      Unfortunately, depending on your age you may not have many options. You might be able to apply for emancipation, or at 17 you might be able to decide on your own where you wish to live. Perhaps you have a relative who lives in New York who your parents would agree to you staying with.
      Thanks, again, for reaching out to us. We know how difficult it can be to ask help from others when you are trying to figure out your options which you are trying to do. If you would like to discuss your situation further do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We are here to listen, here to help.

• I don’t want to live with my dad anymore. He’s an asshole and is very short tempered. If he doesn’t get what he wants he’ll throw a fit and try to “scare” me but I’m the rebel one and I’m not afraid to argue with him. I came back from my moms from the summer and everything of mine has been throwned out and stored in a trash bag down stairs. I’m not supported her nor wanted. My clothes are in my suitcases bc I don’t have anywhere else to put it but it’s fine it’s not like I’ll be living here anymore. Ugh my stepmom and stepsister is one of the problems too. They will try everything in there power to turn everyone against me. I’m not stupid my stepmom has been playing this lil victim card since I got back and making it look like I’m the monster. I hate my stepmom I forever will she’ll take everyone out to eat and I don’t go because i know when she tries to spoil us there’s always a price. The other day my disgusting horrible person that I unfortunately call my dad asked why I hate her well she excludes me out of everything only cares for her own real daughter and just hates me but obviously my dad is to scared to lose her so he’ll always side with her no matter what even if he doesn’t notice it. It not like he ever supports me in anything either I wanted to do track nope he didn’t let me do that but let my stepsister because of my stepmom. See here I have to support myself and make sure my younger half siblings don’t go through the ******** I have to deal with right now but Rebecca already is. I’m not wanted here I know that and by the way everyone acts. I stay in my room and avoid everyone because nothing will start other than an argument. My dad was and will always be the first to hurt and break me. He doesn’t know but when he calls me a whore or that I’ll become homeless or a prostitute because of how stupid I am. He calls me a ********en ********** and tells me that I will always come back to him when I’m homeless and helpless begging for his help when I won’t. I tell him that I won’t need any of there help but then he yells at me saying to stop predicting my future but then again you’re allowed too?? He says that I’ll never pass high school but I told him to not worry about it because when I do he won’t be there to watch me grab my diploma he won’t be there to take pictures or nothing. No one in this family will. My mom can and her husband David will. He treats me as if I’m his own daughter and always makes me feel like I’m wanted. When I’m over there I don’t feel pressure I’m not yelled at I’m not called a failure. I will never ever try to work things out with my dad ever he doesn’t deserve me. He knows nothing about me I even hate it when he tries to show that he cares because I know he doesn’t he just wants something out of me but one day if he triggers me I’ll expose him about his lil weed business in California, raping my mom at 12, leaving with his wife to go on vacation for three to four months with no one watching us. I just want to live my own life where I don’t have to feel like I’m unwanted or hurt all the damn time. My parents divorce left a scar in me for awhile. Every paper I wrote was always about there divorce and why I live with my horrible father. Now I just hate it when someone in this fake family try to show that they care when I really know they don’t.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello!
      We appreciate you taking the time to explain your situation to us. It seems like you have been dealing with a lot and we understand this can be frustrating to talk about. It is understandable why you feel upset with your dad; no one should ever feel unwanted or inferior in their home. We are not legal experts here, but we generally know that minors (which in most states are youth under the age of 1 must live with a legal parent or guardian, or have permission from them to live elsewhere. You mentioned that you are much happier living with your mom. If she is your legal guardian, or if you think you would be able to get permission from the person who is, you are absolutely able to live with your mom.
      We would be more than happy to further discuss this with you, as well as provide you with any resources you may be interested in. You can give us a call any time at 1-800-786-2929 to speak with one of our trained crisis line workers. Hopefully we hear from you soon. Stay strong!
      Sincerely, NRS

• Hi. I’m 15 years old and I’m turning 16 soon. My dad found out that I have a Snapchat and he broke my phone my smashing it on the wall and he also slapped me to the point where I can hear my ears ring. He also kicked me and pulled my hair. I’m literally scared of him. My mom thinks he is Right.

I’ll give u a little more information about what happened. Ok so when he found out I had Snapchat, he got mad because I had guys on there... even though I never texted any of them except for one and I literally asked him if he had the math homework and that’s what he got mad about. He also says I can’t go to school anymore and that he’ll make me stay home or homeschool me. I’m a straight A student and I never get in trouble in school and I don’t have a boyfriend and I don’t do any bad things. I’m scared... I have a chemistry test tomorrow and idk if he’ll let me go to school. I LITERALLY HATE LIVING HERE. I’m literally crying as I type this and I need help. Also, I’m using my moms phone she’s downstairs she doesn’t know. I need help... I don’t know who I should tell this to but I just hate living with them.

Comment

• Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about what is going on at home. We want you to know that you deserve to feel safe in your home and not be hurt in that way. If you are ever in immediate danger don't hesitate to call 911. Another thing you can do is to get help abuse reporting. Is there another adult in your life or someone a school you trust that can help you do so? If child abuse reporting is an option you want to pursue then you can reach out to Child Help at 1-800-422-4453. They can give you more information about reporting or just other rights you may have as a minor. Another thing to do would be to document the abuse if possible by writing down what happened and taking pictures if you have bruises or cuts.

We're glad to know that you are such a good student. Are there teachers or a counselor that you can get support from at school? You can also give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we could help walk through your options with you. We can be reached 24/7 to listen and to support.

Stay Safe,

NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• My parents live in Mexico, and I live with my aunt in the United States and I’ve been having the hardest time I live with her for more than 3 years and all this time she’s been really strict and my dad has as well all the way from Mexico I can’t go out with friends. I can’t do sports or nothing I am just home And school I have a low key boyfriend but it’s annoying because I can’t see him and have regular dates with him like other couples do I just see him at school. I have a 98% assistance at school I don’t drink or do drugs. I just want to have fun for a bit and live my teenage life for a bit. I want to make my life in the US but my parents said they will have me back to Mexico but I’m a US citizen and I want to be here and make my future burn they want me back and I don’t know what do. What can I do? I want to know my opportunities are to be free.
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-13-2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Reply:My parents live in Mexico

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline .

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
          We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          We are not legal experts and can’t really speak to what your legal options are to stay in the U.S.
          Since you are a U.S. citizen you could be afforded certain rights so you might consider speaking with a legal aid service for more information.

NRS has a national data base and could possibly help you locate legal services in your area.
          We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share any thoughts about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
          NRS
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

[email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I don’t want to live with my mom anymore. I don’t like living with my mom anymore especially since I moved in with my aunt and also ever since we invited a new member to come live with us and the option of moving with my dad is not because he left 7 years ago on Christmas after my mom beat him up and she was later arrested that night and I was left alone because my dad decided to lock himself in the room. At first I loved living with my cousins but later on my mom turned to Christianity because she needed something to help her get through the divorce but after that she became a hard core Christian and forced me to be one too and when I try to tell my famIly that I dont believe in god they judge me and give me the silent treatment after example yesterday I did not want to go to church and my mom made me go and we were there for 4 hours I don’t feel comfortable here anymore I tried talking to my mom about it but she always gets mad so I have no option I want to runaway and never come back from this place please help.

Comment

• ccsmod3
              ccsmod3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have a difficult situation at home, and we’re sorry you are going through that. Conflicts at home about religion can definitely be frustrating.
              Can you talk to one of your cousins or your aunt for support when discussing this with your mom? It might be helpful to have them there if she gets mad again. You could try to reach a compromise with her about how often you have to go to church. You can also call us and we can set up a conference call with your mom. We can help you keep the conversation focused without anyone getting mad.
              Again, we’re really glad that you reached out to us. It takes courage to ask for help. If you do decide to run away, try to think about a plan for where you would go and how you would support yourself. Just so you know, running away is generally considered a status offense, which means it’s not a crime for minors. But if your mom files a runaway report and you’re staying with someone else, they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway.
              Please do not hesitate to call (1-800-RUNAWAY) or chat with us for more help or resources. We’re here to listen and here to help.
              Best of luck,

• I don't Know what to do...

i love both my parents but they don't accept me they never wanted a little boy they wanted a girl... I'm 13 and I can't decide if I need to leave or not my mom keeps saying she'll find us someone to talk to but she either never does or we don't go to the appointment. I want to die... The only reason I'm not dead is cause I don't know what's after death. My mom has called me "a horrible person" and " weird and sexual" my dad just plain won't let me transition and neither will my mom... Me and my mom almost never talk without her getting upset or mad at me and I'm sorry... But I don't know if I should find a new family Im only happy in the moment. I don't care about anything anymore and I don't what to do I feel like i want to die almost every second of my life... I just wanna feel alive...

Comment

• ccsmod5
              ccsmod5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Thanks for writing in. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and share what you’ve been going through. It sounds like you’re going through an incredibly difficult time. It must be really difficult and painful to feel like your parents aren’t accepting of you. It’s not okay that your mother has called you those things. Please know that you deserve to feel loved and supported. You deserve to have your gender acknowledged and accepted. You matter and your life matters. Please know that you are not alone.
              You mention that you want to die. If you ever feel like you are in immediate danger of harming yourself, you can always call 9-1-1. One option is to call the LGBTQ Youth Suicide Hotline at 1-866-488-7386. You might also consider calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Yet another option is the Trans Lifeline at 1-877-565-8860. This last resource can be helpful if you need to talk about how you’ve been feeling and what’s been going on with your parents. You are not alone and you deserve support!
              It’s frustrating that your mother isn’t following through with your appointments. You may find it helpful to attend the appointment on your own even if your mother isn’t willing to follow through. You deserve to have someone listen and help you process your feelings. If this isn’t an option, maybe talking to your school guidance counselor could be helpful. Friends can also be a great support for you, as well.
              In the meantime, it may be an option to stay with someone else. You might ask your parents if you can stay with another family member or a friend. Though we’re not legal experts, it’s generally okay to stay with someone else if you have permission.
              Thank you again for reaching out. You must be a strong and resilient person to persevere through this. You’re in a tough position, but there is help and support out there. You deserve to feel happy, safe, and supported. You deserve to have a beautiful life. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to reach out to us 24/7. We’re here to listen and help. Take care,
              NRS
              Last edited by ccsmod5; 01-16-2018, 10:39 PM.

• Is there a way I can leave my family for another since I don't enjoy having their presents. Is not that they are bad people, it's just I don't enjoy seeing them since they think what I am doing is wrong and always give me advice that I don't need. I want to live somewhere else but stay in my school without any of my friends knowing about it.

Comment

• ccsmod5
              ccsmod5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Thanks for writing in. It sounds like you’re wanting to leave your family’s home to stay with someone else. We’re not legal experts, but generally speaking you need to be 18 years old to leave without parental consent. If you leave without consent, your parents would have the right to file a runaway report. If the police are able to find you, they will return you home. That being said, there should be no issue if your parents give you permission to stay somewhere else. You could try asking your parents for permission to stay with another friend or family member for a certain amount of time.
              You mention that your parents think what you’re doing is wrong and are always giving you advice you don’t need. That must be very frustrating. You might consider sitting them down to have a conversation about how you feel when they give you this unsolicited advice. If you need help having this conversation, it might be an option to ask another adult to be there like a guidance counselor, therapist, or any other adult you trust. Here at NRS, we are also able to do conference calls between youth and their parents, so we can help you have that conversation as well.
              Best of luck,
              NRS

• umm I am 15 and turn 16 on sunday but I want to start the process of choosing where I want to live living at home is unbearable and I cant take it no more...

Comment

• ccsmod6
              ccsmod6 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,
              Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re going through a really difficult time at home, and we’re sorry to hear that. We at the NRS are always willing to help youth find alternative housing. We understand the difficulties of living at a home you are not comfortable in and find unbearable, and we hope we can help you discover some options.
              While leaving home as a minor is often difficult, there are a few options available to youth that help ensure their safety if they do leave home. Youth who are financially independent of their parents may file for emancipation, which is a court-mediated process that allows children to live on their own. Emancipated minors face increased responsibilities. Emancipation is a process that takes time and money for most youth, so you may want to carefully consider this before you choose to attempt emancipation. If you are interested, you can call us directly at 1-800-786-2929 for more information about emancipation in your state, and to be referred to legal experts who may be able to answer any questions you have about emancipation.
              If emancipation is not something you think will work for you, you may want to look into runaway shelters. These facilities house homeless and runaway youth and provide these youth with food and hygienic resources. You can call us to be referred to shelters in your area if this sounds like a better option to you.
              You also may be considering running away. We do not judge youth for trying to run away from home, as we recognize that some home situations are not suitable or safe for youth to be in. We aim to help you stay as safe as possible if you do choose to run away. Part of safety is planning. You may want to think about where you will stay (e.g., with family/friends or at a shelter), where you will locate food, what school you will attend as a runaway, etc. We can help you plan for safety and also provide you with more information about running away if you call us.
              Hopefully this message was helpful for you in this difficult time. We are always here to listen to you if you need further assistance, and we encourage you to contact us again. We wish you the best of luck in the meantime.
              -NRS

• I can't take it anymore.
            my mom has always this look that says she's disappointed of me. She always lectures and says she so unfortunate to have me. I can't take it any longer. I just want to end my ungrateful life but I won't do that. I want to run away from my home I can't stand my mom talking to me one more minute. I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T
            ​​

Comment

• ccsmod8
              ccsmod8 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello there –

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline on our public forum, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. Hopefully by supporting you there are other that are reading through this thread that can relate can feel helped as well.

From your email it certainly sounds like you’re struggling with living at home with your mother to the point where you have even thought about ending your life. That is a very serious thing to be thinking about. If you are ever close to hurting yourself like you said you can call out to the police for some direct services, they can come by and check up on you and make sure that you are okay. You shouldn't be afraid to tell other people what you are thinking about doing especially if you are thinking about hurting yourself. You are certainly not alone in this and there are many many people that are here to help you. A good resource might be to call the ‘National Suicide Hotline’ for someone to talk about what thoughts you might be thinking at the time. Their number is 800.273.TALK. They also have an online chat service that might be of help to you especially if you don’t feel like calling in (https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/).

At the end of the day, it is a choice that you’re making and it would be up to you to take responsibilities for those actions as well. Now we aren’t legal experts, which we had stated a few times in previous post, as well as giving general information about runaway laws. So you can review the thread to find out what would happen if you were to live home without permission. Some things to keep in mind is what are you doing to contribute to the negative feelings at home and how are you best coping in negative situations. Being able to take a negative situation and overcome that situation shows strong and maturity. Only you are able to take what she might say or how she might look at you to heart and prove her right by the actions that you take. Falling into those thoughts are easy for sure, but staying strong and proving your own worth to yourself and yourself alone does take time and might prove to be a lot more beneficial in the end.

If you give us a call on our 24/7 fully confidential hotline, at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help answer some of those questions you have and could potentially help you brainstorm a solution to the issues you are having. We also have an online chat service available every night from 4:30-11:30PM CST that is available through our website (www.1800runaway.org) if you don’t feel like calling in to talk on the phone.
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X