Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont want to live with my family at all.
    ever since I found out my mom was going to die because of cancer, they'd had told me that i would have to live with one of my aunt's, but i dont want to cause they treat me like ********. They tell me that I'm not going to be anything in life and that all I do is eat ********. And that put me down every time I hear that. When im not around the talk about how I'm useless and will never be anything in life. Ive also found out that I'm moving school cause my home school is to far away so they want to change me to a different school,I'd had also ask my aunt if I can join the football team so I can get a scholarship and go to college to pursue my dream of being in the NFL but that not going to happen cause the also wont let me join a sport. I wish I could live with another family far away from them as possible.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 07-28-2017, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Reply:I dont want to live with my family at all.

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline .

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we are sorry to hear about your mother.
      It’s difficult to cope with losing a loved one.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      It sounds like you are not happy about moving in with your aunt, perhaps there might be another family member willing to become guardian to you.
      Again we understand how tough things must be for you at this time.

We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• help,

Im 16 years old and i don't want to live with my family. I can't live with them anymore, it's driving me insane. i live in a ugly small apartment with 8 people including my siblings and mother. i share a room with my mother, brother, and sister. it drives me insane that i have absolutely NO privacy. I can't live with my father either, because of the language barrier and he's started a new family with another woman. im truly convinced that my brother,sister, and i we're unplanned so you can guess how i feel about these people. im neglected by my mother, i literally have to repeat myself 5x just to get her attention and even though i get her attention she either stays quite or makes a lie. i have no motivation because of her she always has doubts about me. which can explain why im doing bad in school. I've considered running away but that honestly won't help because i don't work and i have no friends that would let me stay in their house, in other words I'd be homeless. all i want is a new family, a new life. i don't want to grow up like this. i need a family who actually supports me and makes me happy instead of having doubt and feeling angry all the time.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing a bit about the situation, we appreciate the courage.

It sounds like home life is getting really overwhelming. Living with 8 people in one apartment would be really tough, it’s understandable why you’d want to get away. You mentioned being neglected, you can always report the neglect to Child Help (800) 422-4453. They help youth figure out way to get their custody transferred over to a safe adult or family member. If you do decide to runaway, our hotline is always open and we may be able to find youth shelters in your area to keep you safe. Talking to teachers or school counselors could also provide you with some great support. We’re not legal experts, but if you’d want to look into emancipation, we can find legal aid that could help you do that.

Often times, calling into our safeline can help brainstorm other options and help us get a more detail of the situation. We are open 24/7 at (800) 786-2929. We also have a chatting service that’s available via our website.

Stay safe, NRS

• My parents are strict and don't let me go out I can't take it

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds very frustrating to live with strict parents and it is understandable that you are feeling this way. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. If you would like to talk about your situation in greater detail, don't hesitate to give us a call or chat with us online. We can talk over all your options and help you make a plan to deal with your situation and stay safe. We are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck!

• I want a better life.

everything I do my parents say I can do better, or I should have done this instead or we could could have done it way better. All I want to is live my life, I have plans and they make me happy but my parents don't believe I can do them and that I will fail if I don't change, I'm trying to change by completing the plans I make. My plans are to finish school, be a nurse and a martial artist, then travel the world so I can bring peace to this world. Ex: tomorrow I start School and I gave my parents list of things I needed at 2:00 pm, they mad at me, got in my face and cussing me out for not having it earlier, but I didn't know I could get the list online earlier than I did. They said if they didn't ask me for it I wouldn't have given it to them till 8 that night but I told them I was gonna give it to them after my shower, a if I did I would have given it to them at 1:30 pm, but they said I was stupid for saying that. They said they are sending me to school tomorrow with no school supply. They take care me and I'm healthy, but none of the adults here don't even try to control their tember.

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand how painful it must be for you to be on the receiving end of your parents’ anger. It seems like you have exciting future career plans but your parents are not supportive of your vision of becoming a nurse and martial artist. This must be frustrating, especially when your plans for the future are admirable.

While you feel happy about your future, you are currently having a tough time in your relationship with your parents. One thing you might want to consider is talking with you parents about how they make you feel. Or seeing if family counseling is an option. In the meantime, brainstorming about what coping resources you can use to help when things are challenging at home could be helpful. For example, writing in a journal or listening to music could be good options.

If you want to talk more about this, please call us so that we can help you work though this. We’re 24/7 so you can call us any time. We wish you the best of luck!

• My parents have been very mean to me this summer its fine for everyone in the family to bring they friends to the river but me they keep asking why I'm so made I would just walk out of the house if I could.

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us tonight. It sounds like you're pretty upset at what is going on at your home. We're sorry about everything you're going through. It can be really hard sometimes when you feel like you're being treated unfairly.

One thing you can do is talk to your parents about the way you're feeling. It seems like they may be misunderstanding you, and being open and honest with them about how you're feeling could possibly help you out. You can also talk to a friend or something close to you about how you're feeling. Sometimes it helps just to have someone to talk to so you're not holding in all of those negative feelings within yourself.

You can also give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are 24/7 so someone will always be here to answer and help in the best way that we can. We wish you the best of luck with everything!

• i do not want to live with my mom all i do is babysit kids that are not mine .I am 13 and will turn 14 in november. i just want to live somewhere where i will be happy and enjoy my childhood.when i babysit i never get any type of thank you .

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

Thanks for posting. Looks like you posted twice, please see our response to your post below.

• i am 13 my mom doesnt love me she loves my two cousins more than me she gives them every thing and even says she loves them more than me all i do is baby sit all day kids that are not mine and be stuck in the house all say i dont have any friends because i am to depressed i never have any alone time with my mom and when i tell other people how i feel she gets mad nd says shes going to give me away to foster care when i am not watching kids she sneeks off with them and spend time with them rather than me i just want to live somewhere eles and be happy ,loved ,and enjoy my childhood

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for help. We are sorry to hear that you feel depressed and unloved. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Nobody likes to feel like their parents treat them unfairly. Depression can be so painful. It is understandable that you would want to live somewhere else. We would be happy to talk through your options and help you make a plan to deal with your situation. We can also provide local resources, such as counseling or therapy resources to help deal with your depression. It can really help to have someone to talk to. It may also be helpful to talk to your mom about how you are feeling. Perhaps you can work out a deal with her about babysitting. Just so you know, if you run away from home, your mom can call the police. Once the police become involved, they can search for you and force you to go back home. Anyone you stay with while reported as a runaway could be charged with a crime for harboring a runaway. If you would like to talk through your situation and options in detail, don't hesitate to give us a call or chat with us online. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
          Last edited by ccsmod1; 07-31-2017, 12:07 PM.

• I don't want to live with my parents anymore because my dad just gets on my nerves I really get tired of him. And every time I ask my mom to go somewhere she says yes ,
        but my dad says no. It's all because of my dad. I hate him. And either I'm going to run away or go live with one of my friends.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,
          Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like your dad is making your life pretty hard, it’s understandable that you’d want to get out of the house.
          We’re not legal experts but, we do know some general information on running away. The act of running away isn’t illegal, so you can’t get arrested for it. We do see some police charging adults, who let runaways stay with them, for harboring a runaway. We offer to call out to local police with youth, to ask about their specific protocols on running away. So if you call into our safeline, that’s always an option. If you do decide to leave, we can also look up youth/runaway shelters in your area so you have a safe place to stay.
          We’re open 24/7, so were always a call away! We also have chatting service via our website, but those hours are restricted. You’re never alone 
          Be safe, NRS

• i'm 15 and i want to move out

i don't want to live with my parents anymore and it's not that they are bad parents but they don't trust me. yeah they tell me what they feel is best for me but yet they have no idea who i am. they never let me go anywhere and i want to know how i can move out.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,
          Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a stressful situation, and we want to help any way we can.

Living at home can be tough, especially when our beliefs and perspectives are different than our parents. We can see your maturity by recognizing that your parents aren’t “bad,” they just don’t have the same idea as you about how you should be treated.

Do you think this is something that can be worked on, so moving out doesn’t have to feel like your only option? For example, have you ever told your parents about what’s bothering you, and how it’s making you feel? If you want to call in to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can talk about your situation a little further and work together to come up with some options. We are not here to tell anyone what to do (we won’t try to convince you to stay at home or leave), but we do want to make sure your options/decisions will keep you safe.

However, if leaving is what you’ve settled to do, we’d like you to be informed about that decision. At 15 you are still considered a minor with guardians. This means your guardians have the ability to tell you where you can and cannot be. By “moving out,” we assume you mean leaving without permission. There are very limited options for a youth (minor) to leave the home without permission: 1. The youth became emancipated. This means the youth went in front of a judge in the juvenile court and proved that he/she is mature enough emotionally, financially, and mentally to be his/her own guardian. The process is lengthy, and sometimes there are age restrictions (at least 16, for example). 2. The youth is in an abusive situation, has filed an abuse report, and a Child Protective Services worker deemed the guardians unfit to be parents. This action would remove all children in the home.

As you can see, leaving home without permission is pretty tricky as a minor. However, if you do decide to leave, we would rather you be safe and off the street than sleeping outside somewhere like a park. If you do decide to leave without having a place to stay, someone here at 1-800-RUNAWAY can try to find a shelter for you without judgement toward you. Your safety is our main concern.

Thank you again for having the courage to reach out to us. We encourage you to call in to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you are comfortable. We are here 24/7, every day of the year.

Be safe,

NRS

• Hi my name is Maddie my parents are divorced and I don't know what to do anymore I what to runaway and go somewhere else so I don't have to deal with there bull******** I hate my parents so bad I get so depressed all the time they yell at me I'm done I'm 13 but I am thinking of running away when I turn 14 because it's just to much for me and I hate my dad he's so mean and his new girlfriend I hate her she's so mean and yells all the time please help

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Maddie,
          Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like things are really stressful at home. You don’t deserve to be yelled at and treated so poorly. That you have been persevering and successfully coping with that as well as being depressed shows that you are very resilient.
          Your safety is our #1 priority. If you ever need to talk to anyone about the feelings of depression or are ever feeling like hurting yourself you can always get in touch with us and there is also the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 It can be really helpful to talk about these types of things with trained folks like those on the lines or school counselors/teachers and/or with other people that you trust like friends, siblings, neighbors, etc.
          If you do choose to run away some things to consider are if there is someone that you can stay with, if not is there somewhere else safe to stay, how you’ll get money for food and basic needs, if you’ll want/be able to continue school. We aren’t legal experts here at NRS. And while running away isn’t illegal, it is considered a status offense, which means it’s something youth aren’t allowed to do because they aren’t old enough. Also, if a youth runs away and stays with an adult without their parents’ permission that adult could face harboring a minor charges. If staying with someone you know is not an option, there are youth shelters as an option, they do require parental notification and sometimes permission from parents for youth to stay. We can help with finding those kind of resources if you would like and can best do so over the phone or on chat.
          Again thank you for reaching out, it takes a lot of courage. We’re here to support you and you can get in touch with us 24/7, so please don’t hesitate to reach out again anytime.

• I don't want to live here anymore I'm 16 and I've been wanting leave for about 2 years now. I've hard every second of staying in this constantly getting cold stares from my parents, arguing all the time with them, being called anything you could think of, staying home as if it's a prison, at least they stopped hitting me when I reached highd school if that would be considered something now it's just me getting threaching. Isn't that funny I've been depressed for as long as I can remember and started cutting and that just made things worse causing mpre arguments I'm an untrustworthy piece of ******** to my parents who can't stop cutting and resorted to smoking

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,
          We are glad you were able to reach out to the National Runaway Safeline today. We understand that it can be hard to reach out and share your story. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot in the last couple of years. We want you to know that everyone deserves to live in a safe and healthy environment. We also want to make sure you know that you don’t deserve to be abused by your parents.
          You mentioned that you don’t want to live at home anymore. One thing that you may consider is reaching out to family in the area that your parents may allow you to stay with. You also described that you’ve been depressed for a really long time. Do you have anyone that you are able to talk to about these feelings? Close friends, family, or other adults in your life may be great to lean on when you start feeling depressed. Counselors can also be an option in getting support. It also seems like you started cutting and smoking as an outlet, have you thought about finding other ways to deal with you depression that don’t cause you harm?
          We’d like to provide you with some resources that may be able to provide you more support. To Write Love on Her Arms is a self-harm resource that may be useful for you. Their website is twloha.com. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline maybe also be able to provide you more support in times of need. Their website is suicidepreventionlifeline.org and their phone number is 1-800-273-8255.
          We hope that this was helpful for you. If you have any questions or just want to talk we are always here to listen and help to the best of our ability. We are available via chat or phone call at 1-800-RUNAWAY to talk to you more about your situation or other options you may have.
          Stay Safe,
          NRS

• I'm 16 and I feel like how much responsibility I show to my parents isn't enough. I think they're both insane. I've repeated a lot of mistakes during middle school, ever since that's been happening, there changing a lot of rules in the house. I'm not allowed to use my phone in my room. I'm can't use my phone for an alarm in my room. Just today my dad took my phone away for not replacing trash bags for bathrooms in the house. Like what?!!!!!! The last time I got my phone taken away is because I didn't clean the bathrooms in the morning and I slept late. Instead, I cleaned it in the afternoon. It wouldn't matter anyway because I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying home all day. So it wouldn't matter whether I do it in the morning or the afternoon. On that same day, on Sunday, I also got my phone taken away because I didn't go to church.....what?! Who should be obligated to go to church whether you're Christian or not? Even if you are obligated, there is no need for punishment because that was the first time I made that kind of mistake. I also get my phone taken away for two weeks if I get 1 tardy in school in one day. One!!!!!! I wish I could just leave peacefully doing what's best for me without my parents reminding me to read a Sat book or stop watching tv. I want and need to do those things on my own on my own schedule. I don't want my parents telling me what I have to do. It is in my hands to be successful in school. If I don't end up achieving my dream in the future, I'll blame myself, I wouldn't blame my parents. It would be my fault, not their faults. I love my parents but they don't know how to use the right judgment. They don't understand how mistakes can be weighted. I hope you can help me out thank you.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. From your message, it sounds like you and your parents haven’t been getting along and it feels unfair to have your phone taken away as punishment. We’re sorry to hear that things have frustrating at home.

It also sounds like you’re looking for some changes to be made at home and to feel heard. If you haven’t tried already, it may be helpful to talk to your parents about what you’ve been feeling lately. If there is a trusted adult in your life, it might make you feel more comfortable to have them help you with this conversation. One of the services we offer is a conference call between youth and their parents. If you are able to give us a call, we can help you talk about your frustrations with your parents on the line without taking sides. If you’re interested or just want to talk more about your situation, we can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) 24/7.

We hope to hear from you soon. We can also be reached through our live chat from 4:00pm-11:00pm CST.

Take Care,
          NRS

• [QUOTE=Unregistered;n24246] hello I just turned 14 a few days ago I feel so angry at myself and the world, because I got caught with substance abuse a year ago and suspended by my school 3 times for it, when I was 13 they ruined my life since, they wasted 1 year of my life, I sat in a room for 2 months crying myself to sleep and hating the world, 1 time when I went in for a parent teacher conference my techer said the worst things ever and when I got home my mom was tormenting me mentally nd physically so when they left u put 2 thick cut marks on my arm now I am embarrassed to walk around with a short sleeve shirt cause I don't want anyone to see it, they took all off my freedom away and everyday I cry myself to sleep now, I'm even crying right now writing this, but yeah they took all devices and my dickhead stepdad broke my ipod, and threatened the to break the other ipod my dad gave me before he died, ever since my father had died when I was 10 he started treating me like ******** calling me nigger and boy in the way like boy u do that again ima beat your ass, I don't know what to do but I am so depressed nd I don't know what to do please give me advice

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through such a hard time, and that all sounds so isolating and hurtful. But we are here to help you and support you in any way we can. We want you to know that no one deserves to be physically and mentally hurt, and you should not have to go through that. It sounds like you’ve been dealing with so many different things all at once with school, substance use, conflict at home, the death of your father, and conflict with your stepdad. You’ve shown a lot of strength by working through all these things.
          We want you to know that if you ever feel that you are in immediate danger you could call 911. You could also consider reporting the way you’ve been treated physically and mentally. If you would like to file a report, or if you’d like more information about reporting, you could call Child Help (1-800-422-4453) or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. You could also consider reaching out to a trusted adult in your life or a worker at your school for support or help with the things you’ve been going through.
          There are also resources out there that could help you work through conflict at home, get to a safe place if you’re in need of that, or help you with anything else you may need. If you would like more information about resources or if you’d like to talk more about what’s been going on, you could call us or chat with us online.
          Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really tough time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength. If you ever need anything in the future please feel free to email us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

• Hi, I'm an 18 year old girl who still has yet to get her drivers license only because my parents make up excuses to not take me out and let me get some of my hours in. I live in a 3 bedroom house and it's really cluttered. I know I don't have the worst possible life style, but I just can't take everything that's been happening over the year. My dad wrapped his hand around my throat, not enough to leave a mark, but enough to scar me and make me stutter when I talk. It's been unbareable at work, I can hardly focus because my mind repeats that moment. I've been threatened by my mom before in the past and she may be clinically diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She never tells us what's all going on with her, but my older sister brought it to my attention that she shows signs. She lays in bed for days on end then gets up all energetic one day, only to repeat the process. Also my siblings are suspicious that they're selling her prescribed medication to shady "friends" they bring over behind closed doors. I can't live here anymore. What are my options? (Side note, I don't make enough for rent. I work 2-3 days a week and get paid minimum wage. I've asked for more days, but we have too many people on staff for me to get an extra day or two.)

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS. We appreciate you writing on our forum, and we hope our reply helps.

It sounds like home has not been a peaceful or positive environment. You definitely don’t deserve to live in a home like that. Good thing, since you’re 18, you’re able to decide where you want to live. It sounds like money may be an issue. If you do end up leaving the house and become independent, there are more long term housing placements called Transitional Living Programs. It's a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. The age range is usually 17-21 year old, so it looks like you have a couple of years, but it may be a good resource to have if you need it. There are interviewing and application process in order to get into them. If you’d like us to find one in your area, please reach out to us via our 24/7 safeline or our chatting service on our website (that platform is not 24//7).

Be well, NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X