Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dont Want To Live With My Parents No More.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help my mom doesn't care about me because when I was getting bullyed my mom did not care and she has been very mean lately

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us for help. It sounds like you're in a difficult situation right now. We are sorry your mom does not care if you are being bullied. Being bullied hurts, and no one deserves it.

One thing that we offer here at the National Runaway Safeline is a conference call between parents and youth. It might be a good way to let your mom know how you are feeling. We can moderate the discussion and make sure that it's productive and that you are being heard by your mom. You can also tell a trusted adult about what is going on, and they may be able to help you out, too.

If you want to talk more about what ou're going through please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are 24/7 so someone will always be here to talk to you and help you out in the best way we can. We wish you the best of luck with everything!

• I really need help,and my family isn't going to give me it, I've been suicidal and depressed for the past 3 years going to 4 years now, I've attempted suicide two times, and I want to attempt it again, I came out as trans two years ago and my parents are horrible, the first thing that happened during the time I had came out my mom called me every hurtful name you can think of, she insulted me said she was going to take me to a mental hospital she said so many things, and I tried to ignore them,I really did, but it didn't work, I cut my hair despite her not wanting to, and she beat me for it, she kicked me in the face and my stomach and dragged me by my hair, and she said she did it for a good reason later on in the current year when I brought it up, CPS was suppose to get involved but they didn't, she's ********ing insane and a toxic person for me to be around I just - I want help! I don't want to be near her anymore! Her friends always back her up and say she's right and that I have to wait to change my name despite the fact that my mom CAN do it all but doesn't want to, she doesn't care about me, I know it's hard to accept me, she raised me as a girl and here I am saying I'm a boy but for gods sake she's driving me over the edge she's not trying to be respectful she's making my life a living hell we can't communicate and she's hurting My little sister, she has her to the point that she's puking and coughing because she's crying so much and she's only 4! My mom is a lier , she said she would change my name, and then she said she wasn't going to, she doesn't respect me, I don't know how to explain anymore that she's a horrible mom, as a child I would watch as she and my dad hit my older sibling whenever they did something wrong, because of her culture she thinks the mom is always right and doesn't even listen to me, she admitted that she also had me puking when I cried as a kid, she's left me alone at home as a child and when I was depressed at 12 she never cared, I self harmed and she yelled at me and blamed me and said I was being stupid and all the things I didn't need to hear at the time, I attempted suicide and she didn't care, she doesn't care, she's shown that she doesn't care, most moms would realize their child is serious when they attempt to take her own life but her? She doesn't see it as a threat, she doesn't care, she thinks I'm in the wrong, I feel no connection to my family, I don't see them as my family, I don't want me or my little sister to be with them , Im scared, if I stay any longer with her I'm going to kill myself, my body dysphoria is horrible and she doesn't care, she doesn't think that being trans affects me at all, she thinks I just go by male pronouns and a name, I know she sees me as a girl, and no matter what I do she won't try and make me comfortable, I feel so emotionally tortured, I have no one to turn to, please help me get away from her please, save me please, I don't want to feel pain anymore I just want to be happy for more than a month, and not cry at night because of what I'm going threw, I've reached for help before but it never lasts, I always end up back with her, in the same house,I thought I was ok, but I'm not, I tried talking to her, but she doesn't listen, I'm scared of what I'm going to do to myself because of what's she's done to me and my sister, I thought she'd be worried for me when I went to a hospital for my suicide attempt, but all she did when I called her from the hospital was yell at me about not doing my chores. She doesn't care, I hate myself, I don't want to be in this house anymore...I want to be with a family that loves me...

Comment

• Reply:I really need help

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now.
      It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services. No one deserves to be abused by any one, by any means.
      It is not your fault this has happened and you deserve and have the right to want to feel to be safe.

We can’t imagine what it has been like for you emotionally but we are here to listen.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
      This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      You did great by reaching out to NRS and we encourage you to continue to advocate for your safety.
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• My mom doesn't love me at all she said she doesn't it she give all love to my siblings and all I get is hits and bad names like animal. She said I am lazy but mostly thats true..I do it but she want it really clean and purfect. I want freedom but I dont they get to play with games on our phone I dont all I do is sit and do nothing.. They laugh I stay sad..nothing I can do I want to live with my aunt and uncle but she won't let me I can't even talk to them
        My mom wants to move to a different state but I dont I dont want to lose my friends.she wants me to die and sell me to mexico what should I do ...... Live with her and stay sad or be with my cousins would love me and make me happy?

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, hank you so much for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like things are really hard at home, and that you feel sad. It is understandable that you feel sad, especially if you are being called bad names or being hit. Most people would want to leave that situation, or want something to change. You are very brave for reaching out, and you are not alone. While reading your message, one question that came to mind is, “are you safe right now?” If you feel like you are unsafe, you can always talk to a teacher or a friend, or even give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). And if it is an emergency, do not hesitate to call the emergency number (9-11).

It sounds like you would like to live with your aunt and uncle, but you are unable to talk to them. Is this something you have discussed with your mom? If you were interested in reaching out to us via our online chat or calling us, there are some options that we could discuss. Moving to a different state is a big life transition, and that would cause anyone to be stressed out. You are not alone, and if you had any other questions or thoughts you can reach us at any time.

Good luck

-NRS

• hi,
        im a twelve year old and have been going theough depression for a year. ive been badly bulied at school and had many family problems. ive attempted suicide but failed, i cut myself everyday and cry and get alot of negativity thrown at me. sometimes i cant take it anymore. i moved countries and my family still hasnt changed. i was hopping for a fresh start, away from the school and the past. but my family stayed the same. my mom yelling at me for everything; clothes i wear, appearance, personality, choices i make. basically everything i do or not do she shouts at me for it or assumes something. she hits me using a wooden stick or anything near. now on to my dad, he is less "crazy" but he is still a pain. he is usually never home because of work and when he is back all that happens is arguments, between him and my mom and the whole family. i feel like everytime my family is together, wait lt me rephrase that, everytime im with my family, we start arguing and getting into fights; in public or private. i feel like my brothers get the nice side to my parents and i get the bad side. sometimes my whole family gangs up on me because im the only girl. when moving to a different country my parents wont be living with us, because they will work over seas. with this information im happy that i wont be around my parents but they will come visit. i dont want that. also, i dont want to live with my brothers. (we fight alot) we will be staying with some relatives. i do not want to be a part of this family anymore. i dont want to live with anyone in my family. i i would just like to leave this family and change my name, passport, everything. i simply just want no more of this life im willing to leave behind. i believe that as a twelve year old, all of this, is too much to handle.

please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

It sounds like you have thought about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

Take good care,
          NRS

• Hi There, I Don't Want To Live With My Parents Anymore Because My Parents Kept Wasting My FunTime On My Phone or Tablet, They Were Lying To Me, I Quit My Job Because It Caused Me For Wasting My FunTime, They Always Treat Me Like A Slave, And I Don't Like To Trust My Parents Anymore

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We are sorry to hear that you feel like you can't trust your parents. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. You didn't say if you had a plan for running away or where you would like to live instead. We would be happy to talk over your options and help you come up with a plan and resources to deal with your situation and stay safe. Please don't hesitate to give us a call any time. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

• I want to live with my older sister
        I cant take it anymore ima 12 year old girl
        my phone is broken and i usually text my friends about this and they help me feel better
        I dont have friends who live near my bff moved
        my mom has been getting on my nerves my older sister is about to turn 21
        and she has always been like a second mom to me more then my real mom
        I never ask my parents for anything
        when i told my mom i want to be a vet she says no when i
        ask her if i can have a dog to make me feel better she said no
        she is like my dads maid its like she doesnt have a mind of her own
        when i try talking to her about it she doesnt care
        she always defends herself
        each day life keeps getting worse
        i dont feel like a kid anymore
        i have to help her take care of baby brother
        and whenever kids come over like my cousins she treats them like angels
        and whenever adults come over she tells them how she
        wish i came out like my sister that ima slob or pig
        i just dont think i can take this any longer
        help me please

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through several really stressful things at once, sorry to hear that. It is really brave of you to reach out, we’re here to listen and to help.
          You have a lot of options that might make things better. Do you think your mom would let you stay with your older sister for a weekend, or a visit? It sounds like you are very close to your sister, and miss her a lot. If a short visit is an option, it may be a good break to get yourself a little space. You might also want to think about options to deal with the stress. Do you like walks, or music, these can be good breaks. Reading is another option, its also great you are thinking about the future, and maybe a career as a vet. Have you taken some time to read about what a career as a vet could look like? That might be really interesting, and a positive way to look at the future. Another really good way to deal with the stress is to talk with other people you trust, like your sister.
          Here at the National Runaway Safeline we want you to be safe. You can call us here 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or chat with us during chat hours through our website. We can talk about these issues confidentially, and look for options to help. Best of luck in working through this,
          NRS

• I need help.

I'm 14 and I live with my mom and step-dad, recently I've been wanting to just run away from home.

I have a girlfriend and it's hard because my parents act as if I'm not responsible enough and they think that I'm being manipulated by my girlfriend. We've been together for 1 year already and I would never think that she would manipulate me.

My parents want me to live their life plan, As in join the military and just live life by how they want me to live . It can be really depressing from time to time because they never listen to what I have to say . They say that they know how I think because of my actions, but that's not the case. I was suicidal at some point of my life and they don't even know that I was . They say that I don't have a plan for life . My girlfriend has giving me a lot of support throughout the days . Sometimes they act as if my girlfriend is the one causing a huge impact on my life in a way that can sometimes lead me to depression . I just want to move on and not live with them anymore .

I was diagnosed with severe ADHD at 8 years old and I took medicine for it up until the year of 2014. I stopped taking it because I had side effects that would alter by heart to beat faster than usual and i would sometimes get cardiac arrest's. Its hard living with a family that has no clue on what it feels like to have ADHD... They think that ADHD is an excuse for me to do whatever I would want to do . Only someone with ADHD would understand what it would feel like living with parents who won't understand you in any form . My girlfriend has caused a huge influence in my life . For now I'm just planning to attend school and hopefully graduate and then I'll hopefully apply for a good paying job or maybe start a business . But i really think that I won't make that far and maybe even go homeless by the age of 16 . They sometimes threaten to take away my phone and other utilities because I won't listen and because they think that my girlfriend is causing bad influence and most of the time my step dad is the one influencing my mom on taking my technology away.

It would help if someone actually replied back to me

thank you.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like you are wanting to run away from home due to your mom and step-dad not understanding your ADHD, wanting you to live their life plan, and disapproving of your girlfriend. That seems like a real difficult situation that has taken a major toll on your mental health. You should be allowed to be yourself and to be a 14 year old; you have plenty of time to come up with a life plan that works for you. It also sounds like your girlfriend is a great support for you, and it is really hurtful when your mom and stepdad put her down. Here at NRS, we truly want to help.

You mentioned feeling suicidal in the past. We are so glad you were able to work through that. If you ever are feeling suicidal again, please do not hesitate to call or chat us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You should never have to go through that alone, and we encourage you to keep reaching out like you did today if you ever need assistance. Your mental health is so important. If you are interested in individual or family counseling, we do have local resources here if you call or chat us. Those services might help you express how you are feeling to your mom and step-dad if you have been unable to have that difficult conversation with them yet or if they are not hearing you. Sounds like you are mainly interested in them seeing where you are coming from with your own life goals and your struggle with ADHD, and to accept your girlfriend. Those are such reasonable expectations, and you deserve to be heard. If you are uninterested in counseling, you might think of other ways you cans start a productive dialogue with your mom and step-dad. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like help brainstorming how to approach them. We also have a conference call service, if you would like us to mediate a conversation between you and your mom.

It is smart of you to look ahead and think about whether you can sustain being on the run or not until you are 18. Running away takes a lot of planning and you could be at risk for homelessness like you mentioned. Just so you know, we are non-directive so we will never tell you what to do, and we are here to support you. So please keep our number in mind if you do decide to run. We can look for youth shelters for you and help keep you safe.

Best of luck,

NRS

• Hey,my parents are gay but that's not the problem one of them is never satisfied and is the main problem and the other one doesn't like to get involved but he will chime in a few words to say something but the one that's the main problem says he gives tough love and it's discipline he likes to show but discipline doesn't call their son profane names and never trust them and neither of them let me talk about anything without whether it's about growing up or just for fun and it's got to the point where I'm afraid to come home because there seems to always be a problem that I caused most days I come home to my room being raided because the little souvenirs from trips or knick knacks on my dresser need to find a spot off of my night stand so I walk into a room with things swiped of shelves onto the ground sometimes broken I mean if I walk through my front door and I don't hear something I did wrong some how then I'm dreaming these little things in life people take for granted have been taken away from me I mean look long story short my mom passed away of cancer when I was four and these people I'm living with are my god parents and they have taken away the little things in life like birthday parties or having friends over I'm not allowed to have friends over but other things like a lot of decisions are made for me I can barely hangout with friends a lot of extra caricular stuff in school like track and xc all together they only came to 6 races out of 20 and they are more favorable to my sister that I love sadly she doesn't understand I don't really tell my siblings the situation I feel but my aunt that very rarely get to see because of track and xc practice likes to treat me to things like seeing a movie or buying me gifts and the main one that causes problems just doesn't like it he assumes a lot of things about me such as I minipulate people or I use them or I take advantage of them he thinks I'm just a bad person that likes to get their way and really I put friends and family before me and as far as I know if been rolling with everything I've never rebelled or started an argument never talked back I try to be as nice as possible and not lash out I haven't but I hold back oh man it's a lot and that's the current situation if you could help me please I could use it
        Last edited by ccsmod7; 07-20-2017, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like you are having a really hard time living with your godparents with their strict rules and being unable to satisfy them. That sounds really stressful. We are really sorry to hear about your mom passing as well.

You mentioned that you have never talked back and you try to be as nice as possible. That is a great attitude to have, but it sounds like you have really bottled up how you are feeling by doing so. If you haven’t already, you might try to bring up how you are feeling to your godparents in a productive, non-aggressive way. You so deserve to be heard. Your aunt sounds like a great support. You might try to let her know what is going on, so maybe she can talk to them for you if they are not hearing you. If you think individual or family counseling might help your situation, we do have those resources here if you call or chat us. Sometimes counseling is a great way for families to express their feelings in a safe place, and work towards compromise and better communication. We also have a conference call service, if you would like to have a mediated conference call with your godparents.

Here at NRS, we are non-directive, non-judgmental, and here to help 24/7 by phone. Please do not hesitate to reach out so we can best help.

-NRS

• My mom is in prison Rn. My brother is in jail so is my dad. Yesterday at 2:30 am I woke up to guns and flashlights in my face the police kicked in my door and was yelling at me to get on the ground and I just woke up and then they took me to the police station and I was there till like 7:00am than I ended up coming back home but my grandma who is my legal guardian told me I had to live with her and I told her no bc she has fleas and a bunch of animals at her house. My mom ended up calling me at like 9:00am and said I could say at my house with my uncle but tonight like 10 cops walked in my house and arrested my uncle.. I also have no front door bc of the police. Now I think I have to live with my grandma but I hate here house so what will happen if I refuse to go there it's 1:00 am Rn and no one but my uncles gf knows he's in jail. Bc he just got arrested like an hour ago

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been through an intense situation, and we hope you are safe.

It’s hard to tell from your message where you’re at right now. Are you back at your home without a front door? If so, do you know a trusted neighbor or a friend close by that you could stay with? If you ever feel in danger, you can always call the police right way.

From what you say, it seems like there is a lot of stress surrounding your life. Who do you have for support? Do you have friends or family you can talk to to destress a bit? If you are comfortable, you can call in to us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and speak to one of us here. We can explore your situation, and maybe find some productive things to keep you healthy and at your best despite the police activity surrounding you.

We’re not here to tell you what to do (like go back to your Grandma’s or not), but we do want you to be safe. If you decide to NOT go to your Grandma’s, you could call us and we can see if there are any shelters in your area. We would rather have you safe and on the street than staying in an unsafe situation (in an unlocked home by yourself, at a park at night, etc).

Again, thank you for reaching out to us, and we encourage you to call in at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you feel comfortable. We are confidential, and are ready to help in any way we can.

Best,

NRS

• What can i do if i dont like my FUTURE stepdad ...meaning that my mom and him are getting married ....i am 14 and want to leave .....he makes me think bad things ....he is the most unreasonable person and he cant control his anger ...he is a hypocrite...claiming he wont ever hit me ...but always says threats to me.... He kicked the family dog which is a weenie dog about 1 year old ....me and him havent talked in around almost a month and i dont plan on talking again because ive already have had so many step dads that ive called the police and they did nothing....if we get one more cps case we get taken away .... I live in texas...i wanna call the cops but if i dont have evidence they will do nothing .... I feel scared and intimidated by him and feel like im being watched all the time ....i dont want them getting married ....many family members wouldnt approve if i told them what happend either....i dont like being around him because he is always rude asf and treats me like a slave ...

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you are in a really hard situation with your mom’s boyfriend. You don’t deserve to be treated so badly by anyone. It is hard to reach out for help so we want you to know how strong and brave you are for taking that step, especially since you have been disappointed with responses from others when you have reached out in the past.
          You mentioned your future step-father makes you think bad things. If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. They also have a live chat on their website: suicidepreventionlifeline.org if you are more comfortable talking online.
          It sounds like this man is very hostile toward you. Threatening you is not okay and kicking your dog is not okay for him to do. You can call Child Help for more support about being in abusive situations: 1-800-422-4453. Is talking to your mom an option? We offer conference calling if you would like a third party as a neutral person on the phone with you. Give us a call 24/7 to do that. You mentioned other family members would not approve of the things this man does. You may consider reaching out to some of those people and talking with them about the situation.
          You do not deserve to be in this incredibly difficult situation. We are always here to listen and to help. Thank you for reaching out. You are doing the best you can to keep yourself safe. Call us anytime or live chat on our website. Best of Luck!

• So for almost a year now I have been seeing and dealing with my parents relationship problems and living in a trashy and uncomfortable depressing home with my two little sisters. I am almost 16. I just got finished with my parents and grandparents fighting about me having a right to choose where I want to stay. My father had said he would force me to go back home where me and my little sister is miserable and depressed. We both hate the environment we live in. Me and my little sister both wanted to stay at out grandparents house with everything we had but my father tried his best to take us to a place we don't want to be in and deal with. Me and my little sister have been dealing with these sad problems and dealt with our terrible living condition and we both are not feeling welcome here and want to live with out grandparents so we feel well provided and live where we feel comfortable and don't have to worry about these problems. I tried to stay with my grandparents but it was too hard to say "I wanted to live there." My parents plan on moving to new houses hoping everything will be better but me and my sister are not interested. We don't have any way of getting out problems checked due to no help of parents. My grandparents are willing to do whatever it takes to let us have a healthy enviorment and be happy. I don't know what to do in this situation. Please tell me what I can do.

Comment

• I have been living with my mom for most of my life my dad was never there for me and my moms pretty strict I'm 15 and this year I feel like I just want to leave, like I can't wait to be old enough to leave so since I started summer I stayed home for a while but then my mom decides she doesn't like me staying home alone so then she takes me to community service then when we are at home and I'm just on my phone or sleeping or not do anything she would tell me to clean the house,she hates seeing me doing what I want or having fun with friends or just enjoy my life she tries to make me do chores, puzzles or when I do finish my chores she says your hopeless you can't do ******** right do it again and she screams at me and hits me with a broomstick. If I do anything wrong even simple things like getting a c in school or not fixing my bed she hits me and yells at me and I'm tired of it

Comment

• ccsmod10
            ccsmod10 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there,

We’re glad you’re reaching out to us, because we are here to listen and to help. No one deserves to be hit with a broomstick or to be screamed at or called hopeless by anyone. Have you talked with anyone about how your mom is treating you? Maybe a friend or an adult close to you that you trust.
            While we are not legal experts, we do know that those things could be considered abuse. Have you thought about reporting those incidents to Child Protective Services? Every situation is different, but in some cases CPS could help you leave the home for a safer environment. Your safety is your number one concern, so if you wanted to talk a little but more about filing an abuse report, we could talk with you on the phone (1-800-786-2929), we could also help you file if you were comfortable with that.
            You also mentioned that you want to leave, have you thought about where you would go or who you would stay wit? You also mentioned that you can’t wait to be old enough to leave. As we mentioned, we are not legal experts, but we do know that running away isn’t illegal, but is considered a status offense because you are under 18, which means that your mom could file a runaway report and anyone you stay with without her permissions could have charges pressed against them. It also means that if you were to be picked up by the cops for any reason, you would be in their system and they could bring you back home. Just something to keep in mind when thinking of a plan.
            As we mentioned, we are here to help and to listen. If you want to talk about your situation some more, we can help you think of options! We’re here 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

• Hello
          I do not wish to be here any longer. I'm 16 and my mom and her boy friend treat me like crap! I am depressed and have thought about cutting. My parents are divorced and I have a better relationship with my dad than my mom. I seem to the only kid getting yelled at. Mom comes home I stay in my room because I don't want to get yelled at but she comes in still. I cry every time and she yells at for crying. I have done my research and the law says I can. I want Counseling But moms boyfriend says I don't need it. My father tried to help me but my mother sent him a message saying w don't need his help and I still haven't gotten help. I don't want to be here I even have a couple places I can live. My aunts my friends and my fathers.
          I need help please

Comment

• Reply: I do not wish to be here any longer.

Hello,
            Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline .

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
            We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
            You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being.
            It sounds like you have wanted to seek help through counseling but have not gotten the support from your mother. It is unfortunate that your needs are not being met. Perhaps we can help.

You mentioned self-harm but maybe you might consider positive alternatives.
            We have listed a referral below that might be helpful.

www.twloha.com
            Information and referrals
            To Write Love on Her Arms is a nonprofit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and invest directly into treatment and recovery.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your father an aunt and some friends.
            That’s great! Perhaps you might consider talking with you dad and your aunt some more about your situation and work on a plan to get help.
            NRS is here to listen and here to help.
            If you would like to speak more about your situation Please contact NRS.
            Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
            We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
            NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
            [email protected] (Crisis Email)
            1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
            https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Working...
            X