• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the way you can get out of there is calling a relative that knows

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      the way you can get out of there is calling a relative that knows
      Hi,

This is a great idea that you can consider.

Talking to a relative about your mom’s boyfriend can help you get some of your feelings off of your chest and build your support system. If you decide to talk to a relative about your mom’s boyfriend, you may find it helpful to have them express your feelings to your mom or to have them with you if you decide to talk to your mom and/or your mom’s boyfriend about how they have been making you feel. Furthermore, going to stay at that relative’s house with their permission could help you take a break from your mom’s boyfriend if the relative lives nearby.

Thanks again for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story. You are very brave. Feel free to reach out again anytime by giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chatting with us at our website as we are available 24/7 and are completely confidential. Best of luck!

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hello,
        I'm 13, female, and I want to runaway. But whenever I think of it, It feels so wrong and then at the same time it feels like it is the only thing which will do me good. The problem is that I'm being beaten up by my mom and my dad since I was 3 or 4. My dad's got a really really hot temper and even if I do just a tiny mistake, he will literally point out every single mistake that I did in the past and then throw all my books and use curse words and then slap me and hit me with slippers and even threaten to kill himself because I'm the one who cause all the problems according to him. My birthday is going to come [...] and at the night of 24th February, he did all those ********ty things to me because he found out that I used my laptop without his permission. It's like my whole ********ing life is dependent upon HIS decisions. He doesn't allow me to talk to my friends at phone, will suspect if I will be talking to a boy, will hit me even if I've done something really silly but I'm the older sister and I do understand that I have some responsibilities but that doesn't mean that I can act like and 22 year old mature woman. It's definitely like "Fear Me Love Me" thing going on since my childhood and still they'll think that all the ********'s mine! But I do love my parents. Maybe it's because they are my PARENTS.....I don't know! I'm so attached to my family, and I love my friends but if I'll runaway, I'll lose everything. It's more like I need a counselor or my parents need a counselor for them more than I need to runaway but still......I want to go as far as possible, to another country, well I'm from India. I just want to disappear . Maybe one day when my name will be on the headlines and when I'll be running the world, maybe, they'll be proud of me, cuz I just think they will be, I know they love me but being a girl, I can't tolerate physical abuse by my father!
        Thank you
        Last edited by ccsmod15; 02-25-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for sharing what's been going on, it sounds like you've been handling highly stressful situations without much support. You should not be experiencing what you've been tolerating at home. We're glad you're reaching out for help and looking for solutions.

Running away or living somewhere else may be an option; as you've already identified there may be difficult consequences to doing so. Finding counseling that can work with you and your family may also be possible. We are located in the United States and most of the resources available to us can only serve individuals in the United States. However, we were able to find the following hotline based in India that work with youth such as yourself that may be able to help:

https://indianhelpline.com/Child-Helpline/

I feel as if my dad wants to dosoentrib he’s always trueing to interact with me and ihate it and him he’s not interacting with me sexually but still my 2 of my firned also kinda noticed I am planning to run away at age 17 by just running to my gfs house or my friends house I will pack things for sure I am 13 and yeah how do I run away so I can be prepared early.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          We're glad that you reached out to us; it sounds like you've been in an unhappy situation for a little while now and are looking for ways to make a change. We're thankful you're looking out for yourself in that way.

Running away at 13 can be challenging, but we can talk through a potential plan with you. Necessary steps can depend on the specifics of your situation (where you live, what resources and allies you have available to you), but in general it can be productive to plan out where you will go, for how long, who you will stay with, how you will stay safe, and who you would contact in case of an emergency.

We're here to talk and help as best we can; please live chat us at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can have a conversation about what's been going on.
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
      x
      x
      Working...
      X