No announcement yet.

being kicked out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my son’s friend who is 14 years old. His parents kicked him out and he’s staying at my place with my children I haven’t reach his parents yet. I don’t know if his parents know he’s staying at my place. Today is gonna be second night for him to stay over night. His parents won’t give him clothes or anything what he need. He had to borrow my son’s clothes I don’t know what to do. I don’t want get in trouble for “kidnapped” what am I going to do next?

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, there,
      Thank you for reaching out and trying to support this young person. We’re glad you are there as a support for him right now. Since he is 14 years old, his parents should not be kicking him out as that is generally considered neglectful (though we are by no means legal experts). Generally speaking, it’s unlikely that you would be charged for kidnapping the youth. You may want to consider calling child protective services or your local police. For more information about options for this youth, you may consider calling the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453.
      Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
      Stay safe!

i was thirteen and i got kicked out because i would see my dad even tho i wasnt allowed and she found out because my sister told her about me lying i was at my friends house when i was really seeing my dad i hadnt seen in over 2 years she didnt even let me pack my bag or anything she just kicked me out.
    all i did was see my dad behind her back and it was even worse cause it was about a week before i became fourteen so when i became fourteen i was just deppressed and didnt even go out of my room because the only thing i could think about is that i was kicked out because i wanted t see my dad i havent seen or spoken to my mother in over a year now and i tried contacting her for some of my stuff and she just rang the police on me and then i walked past her shop and she put an assult charge on me so yeah

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that your mother kicked you out. You don't deserve to be treated that way. It sounds like you have tried contacting your mother for your belongings but she hasn't been receptive. It seems like you are in a difficult situation, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

I'm 17 turning 18 here soon. I am never home anymore, I work often so when I'm away I am supporting myself just fine. it just so happens that my mom kicked me out and I want to live on my own but I'm worried that after a while she might change her mind and tried to call the police on me possibly in time. would I still get in trouble even though she clearly kicked me out and never told me to come back? i am working on getting my own place and if that didnt work my grandfather would not refuse me as being a new legal gardian as well. She wants me out but doesn't want me to get away ... she has been very manipulative will not let him take me for what she says is right now . please help i live in florida and have considered emancipation for a long time but have never known how to get ahold of anyone .

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like you are in a really rough situation where your mom kicked you out and now you are worried that she would report you as a runaway to police. That does seem pretty manipulative.

We are not legal experts, but we can speak generally. If you can, you might try to collect evidence proving that she kicked you out; which includes texts, recordings, and witnesses. You also have the right to report the neglect to Child Protective Services. To learn more about reporting you might reach out to the expert child advocates at Child Help 1-800-422-4453. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can help you call out to your local abuse hotline if that is something you are interested in. Unfortunately, if you do not have evidence and if a report is not made it could turn into a "he said, she said" issue with police, and it is possible that they would return you home if your mom files a runaway report for you.

Since you are turning 18 soon, emancipation unfortunately might not be an option for you since it can be a long and costly court process and you might turn 18 before finishing it. That is great that you have a place to stay with your grandfather. If he has an okay relationship with your mom or if someone else who you trust gets along with her, you might ask them to talk to her on your behalf. Sometimes it helps to have an adult advocate for your needs when parents are not hearing you. You so deserve to live in a stable environment.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you need. We can talk through your situation, provide support, and help you brainstorm your options.

Best of luck,

NRS

I'm 16 on probation and my mom kicked me out and refuse to let me back in

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear that you have been kicked out and want you to know that your safety is our first priority. We are not legal experts, but because you are a minor, it could be considered neglect for your mom to kick you out and you could report that. You could call the police or into Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 to ask questions about reporting and what your rights are as a minor. If you call into us at 1-800-786-2929 we could look up safe places or shelters for you to go to. Do you have another family member or friend that you can go to to be safe while you get help from the police or Child Help? If not, don't hesitate to give us a call or could visit National Safe place (nationsafeplace.org). The website would provide you with local safe places to go so that you are not on the streets.

Stay safe,

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi. Im seventeen, and living in ********** Alabama. Recently, I had a job, and my parents were taking a large portion of my paycheck. Everytime I did the slightest of things, (like flicking my sisters forehead on the way to work), they'd remove a larger amount. For what I just named, they're removing an extra hundred from two. Finally, I grew fed up with it. I explained the situation to my boss, and she understood, saying i could take a temporary leave. I told my parents I quit, and they got angry, telling me to go back and beg for my job. I told them I wouldn't until we discussed new terms for my paycheck since its my job and Im the one working. They got even angrier, and kicked me out. Can I charge them with neglect if I were to call CPS?
        Last edited by ccsmod11; 06-06-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod11
          ccsmod11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This definitely sounds like a difficult situation and we're sorry that your parents kicked you out. You don't deserve that and you might indeed be able to call the police or CPS to report your parents for neglect because they kicked you out. This is something we have heard of happening before, although we are not legal experts. Let us know if we can help you with this process at 1-800-786-2929.

Best,
          NRS
          Last edited by ccsmod11; 06-06-2018, 07:41 PM.

Im a 25 years old female nd 3 months pregnant i married a guy of my choice my family is telling me to leave today they said u have 2 hours than u can go u r dead for us my husband wrks at tire shop nd earns cash wit tht we cant get a place i had a job but due to my foot injury dr had told me to not wrk until next month i asked few friendsfor help to stay so did my hubby no one responded i have no place to go too please help me out im so stress out where should i go im also pregnant

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS. We’re so sorry that you’re being mistreated at home it makes sense to want a stable place to live, it must be very stressful to have to worry about.

We are here to help in any way we can. A resource that is always available is, United Way, you just call 211. They are the local non-emergency number and have resources for cab vouchers, local shelters that have space, etc. If you give us a call, we can also look for shelters for you that way.

We are open, 24/7 if you needed us to try to find more resources!

Best, NRS

Ok so I got kicked out of my house for talking to my step sister in California and my adoptivestep grandmother kicked me outand then called the cops an hour after and said that I ran away what do I do? I've been at a friends house for three days now

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          We're glad you reached out to us. We'll try to help. It is unfortunate that you were kicked out of your house. You don't deserve to be treated like that.
          We are not legal experts but, if you are under 18 years of age and your grandmother filed a runaway report , the police might look for you and return you home. Also, if you are staying with your friend and it is found out that they knew you were a runaway they may be charged with harboring a runaway. We hope you are in a safe place right now. If staying with a friends is no longer an option you may want to go to a shelter. We can try to help with finding you one if you call in to our crisis hotline at 1800-RUNAWAY. Also, if you are under 18 your grandmother doesn't have the right to kick you out if she's your legal guardian. You might want to speak with your local police department and explain your situation. You might also want to call Child Help at 1800-422-4453. Our number is 1800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24/7 and are confidential. Good luck.

Hi, I'm 15 (about to turn 16) and live in Oklahoma. I was kicked out in April and have been living with my grandparents' who are strictly religious and emotionally abusive. I recently found out I was pregnant with my boyfriend's child but had a miscarriage because of all the stress in the home I go through. I was wondering if there's any way I will be able to get emancipated without my parents consent? My mother refuses to let me and my father doesn't have custody so he has no say in this matter and my grandparent's will not let me leave. Is there any hope or am I stuck?
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 07-17-2018, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Reply: Hi, I'm 15 (about to turn 16) and live in Oklahoma.

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you have had some difficult times befall on you.
          Losing a child is something that still is probably tough for you going forward.
          You have our condolences. You don’t deserve to be abused in any way. You are not at fault for their behavior.
          Because of their behavior emancipation is something you have been thinking about.
          In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

To learn more about emancipation in your area you might consider contacting:
          YOUTH SERVICES OF BRYAN CO.
          Phone number: 580-924-6263

If you would like to, talk more about your situation, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) www.1800Runaway.org

We wish you the best.

Take care,
          NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

SO lately, my mom and step dad have been fighting a lot and my stepdad says that he doesn’t want me at his house and that I can’t live here anymore. He makes me wake up early just to leave even if I have no where to go. Is there anything legal that would happen to him for kicking me out if I live in his house?

Comment

• ccsmod3
              ccsmod3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, that sounds like a really hard situation to be in, and reaching out was a really great first step. If you are under the age of majority (18 in most states), and if your mom and step-dad are your legal guardians, then they do have a legal obligation to take care of you. Kicking you out would be considered neglect, so you could go to the police if this happened. Since this is a form of abuse, the police should conduct an investigation rather than just taking you back home after this. If you don’t feel safe going home and the police get involved then they should also conduct an investigation.

If you ever wanted to talk through any of this, or discuss what it would look like if you did get kicked out, we are here to listen and we’re here to help. We’re available by phone 24/7 at 1-800-Runaway.

I’m 16 about to be 17 on October 20th my mom always kicks me out. I can’t stay at any of my friends houses because their parents don’t want to be involved. Would CPS help me out? Like allow me to live with my cousin on my dads side of the family even if he and my mom got divorced?

Comment

• ccsmod0
              ccsmod0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello,
              Being constantly kicked out by your mother sounds like a dangerous and unstable situation. It is understandable that you would want live with your cousin and not your mother anymore. It sounds like you have some questions regarding what CPS will and won’t help you with.
              The goal of CPS is not to tear families apart or to just take children from their homes. CPS’s main concern is protecting children by any means necessary. Even in cases where the agent deems that the home is an unsafe place for the youth, this does not mean that youth is going to be placed in a group home or foster care. If the child in question has a relative or close family friend that can take them in, then their house could be a potential temporary placement.
              Since it sounds like you already know about reporting your mother for kicking you out what we can offer you here is a safe place to go. If you are able to give us a call we can check our database of resources to find a youth shelter in your area. 1-800-786-2929

I am a 14 year old girl & I got kicked out of ma house BC I went outside late at night now my mother wants to put the police on me what will happen after & to the people who are helping me by leyting me stay in their apartment?

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the national Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about what happened and want you to know that you didn't deserve to have that happen. We are not legal experts, but it would be considered neglect for you to have been kicked out because you are a minor. You would be able to tell the police that if they came to get you, but unfortunately we cannot say for sure how the police will handle your case. Generally speaking, it is not illegal to run away, you could just be returned home. There could be legal consequences for whomever you are staying with though, if your mom decides she wants to try to charge them with harboring a minor. If you are trying to stay there, you could try reaching out to the police and explaining your situation. If you need help finding your local emergency number or want to walk through other options you might have, you can give us a call at any time at 1-800-786-2929. We are 24/7 to listen and support.

Stay safe,

NRS

Comment

Hi im 16 years old also turning 17 in october . My mom recently kicked me out multiple times and then called the cops on me and reported me as a runaway .I just had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month and my mom has been verbally abusive to me .My boyfriends parents told me i can stay there so i can build up money and pay for my own place .My dad does not talk to me but he does send child support and my mom does not let me touch it nor do i get what i need with the money . She uses it to buy things for her and my younger sister. Such as weed. We got kicked out our house and my mom told me i will not be welcomed in her new home . So she said ill have to find somewhere else to go so i said okay .Then she told me she will just call me in as a runaway again .What can i do.? My mom is never home and my sister always has her friends over. I go to school and i am graduating early .Im also working on getting a job . how does emancipation work?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x
                Working...
                X