No announcement yet.

Running away from home in Canada & Going to the USA

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hey. I’m an LGBTQ teen, and I am concerned for my life back here in the USA. The hundreds of laws passed are going to make my existence- and the existence of several other LGBTQ people here a nightmare.

    My GPA is 4.0 and I’m wondering if I can possibly move to Canada by going to a college there and applying for citizenship. I do have a passport, but my photo ID needs to be updated.


    • ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you are concerned for your safety given all the recent anti-LGBTQ laws that have been happening which is totally understandable. It sounds like you are wanting to go to college in Canada to be in a place where it is safer. This plan is a possibility and sounds like it could be helpful to talk it through with your parents to see if they can help you figure out everything that is needed to make this move to Canada possible. It might be different, if your plan is to leave before you are 18, and if this is the case, we can absolutely discuss it further with you and figure out how best to help. To talk with us more about this, please either call our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us online at We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp