No announcement yet.

I'm 13 and I want to run away

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 13 and I want to run away

I'm 13 years old and I want to runaway to my friends house in Jersey, but will my parents be able to check my text and track me down and come get me? I don't want to go back with them when I runaway and I don't want my friend to get hurt

RE: I'm 13 and I want to run away

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are thinking about running away and that you are concerned about what might happen. We are glad that you are reaching out for help. There are lots of things to think about before you run away. It sounds like you already have started to make a plan. You asked if your parents could track you through your cell phone use. That is certainly a possibility. Sometimes people are able to use cell phones to find missing people.

You also mentioned that you don’t want your friend to get hurt. You should know that while running away from home is not a crime, it is against the law to harbor a runaway. Running away is what is called a ‘status offence.’ That means that you won’t be charged with a crime just for leaving your house without permission. However, if your friend’s family lets you stay with them, they might get in trouble with the law.

Running away can be pretty scary. If you want to talk to somebody about your plans, you can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach us through our live chat at www.1800runaway.org between 4:30 and 11:30 pm CST. We are looking forward to talking with you!

Best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

running away but is it a good idea

well I'm 13 and I've been thru so much in my life (abuse sexual abuse and family memeber doing drugs) I'm not sure if running away the best Idea ever but can't take all that crap no more what should i do I need help I have somewhere to stay with my boyfriend but I just wanna get away from my family

Comment

Re: running away but is it a good idea

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline! It sounds like you are going through a lot of serious issues at home. Have you talked to anybody about the sexual abuse you’re receiving? Have you considered reporting it to social services? It might sound scary to report your family for these types of things, but nobody deserves to be treated that way. Here at NRS, we can help you fill out and submit abuse reports if you decide you want to file them.

If you run away from home, then your parents will be able to file a runaway report. If they file this report, and you runaway and stay with another person, like your boyfriend, he might get in trouble for harboring a runaway if the police find you there.

Do you have other family members that live near you that you feel safe with? Do you think your parents would allow you to stay with another family member or any of your friends, like your boyfriend? You can feel free to call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you wanted to talk about these issues confidentially with one of the liners.

Good luck,
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I am tired of my family

Im 13 and in 8th grade and i hate my life so much that i just want to commite suicide.In my family i am called names by my older brother like UGLY,STUPID,(this is when my dad's home) but when my dad isnt home he calls me (warning:bad language) **********, WHORE, ASSHOLE, SLUT, ECT. even sometimes my brother hits me. my dad always compares me to my older sister and i hate that. every time someone says that im pretty im not there just lieing to me so they dont hurt my feelings. even my best friends behind my back and it hurts my feelings. i just to cut myself but i cant do it. i just want to runaway so badly but i just dont have the strength to runaway. i want to runaway to an orphanage or a foster care or to an adoption center and get adopted to a caring and loving family who will always be there for me through the good and bad times. my family says that im untalented and i know that but doesnt mean i cant take singing and dancing lessons l. i want to but my parents dont want to pay for that because they think its going to be useless like i am at home to my family.i just want to runaway so ********ing bad right now.

Comment

Re: I am tired of my family

Hello,

We are glad you reached out to us at the National Runaway Safeline.

You mentioned that you want to commit suicide and we want to make sure that you are safe. Have you ever committed suicide before? If you are having these thoughts, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK.

The way your brother speaks to you sounds upsetting and it is hard when your family doesn’t support you the way that you wish you would. Have you talked to your parents about how important singing and dance lessons are to you? Maybe your parents don’t realize how upset the situation has made you. We are available to talk 24 hours a day at NRS, so please call us; you can also chat with us from 4:30-11:30pm (Central time).

It sounds like you are going through a tough time; please keep in touch so we can support you.

Comment

How can I fake an identity?

Hello, I'm 13 years old and I really want to run away. I recently moved to a new area 3 hours away from where I used to live, and I want to go back. I'm also tired of how my family treats me, and I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I have thought of suicide, but I miss my friends and boyfriend at my old school, and I can't bear to leave them. Do you think that I could run away and fake an identity? I might be able to live with my friend, if so, could I come up with a new name and never be found out, because I want to register at my old school. If not, could I run to an orphanage and get adopted by a new family? Would they find out who I really am? Help please.

Comment

RE: How can I fake an identity?

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear your family is treating you badly. Nobody deserves to feel unwanted in their own home. It sounds like you have also been thinking about suicide. The National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK is a great resource to reach out to if you feel like hurting yourself. Have you tried talking to anyone about how the move has been making you feel?

You mention that you have been thinking about running away and starting a new life. Have you ever run away from home before? Sometimes it can be helpful to think about what it would take to live on your own. Factors such as managing finances, food, shelter, registering for school, buying clothes, obtaining means of transportation and documentation are all things to consider before leaving home.

Just to let you know, you do have the right to go to school regardless of your living situation under the McKinny Vento Act. This basically means that even if you are homeless the school must help you with your education. Have you talked to anyone at the school you want to transfer into about your plan?

It sounds like you are planning on going into foster care. Typically you must be placed in a foster care or group home by child protective services. You do have the right to feel safe in your own home, if there is abuse you can always contact the police or child protective services who could then help you get placed with a safe family.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we cannot tell you what you should or should not do. We can however help you explore options and come up with a solid plan for what to do next. We can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm to 11:30 pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

- NRS

Comment

i want to runaway, more than anybbody. i seriously have nobody left , all i have is my bestfriend. sometimes thats just not enough. but youll get through anything. i know you can. just ignore it , an move on.

Comment

Re:

Hey,

We’re glad you reached out to us. Thanks for telling us a little bit about your situation. If you’d like to talk more about what’s going on and see how we can help, please call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We’re anonymous, confidential and available 24/7. And if calling in isn’t possible you can utilize our live chat program from our website from 430p-1130p (Central Standard Time).

We hope to hear from you soon,
                    NRS

Comment

Mental Abuse

I've been mentally abused in my family because they force me to do everything and whenever I say no a bomb goes off. I'm 14 and I want to runaway for a couple days and scare them a little bit. They've told me they wouldn't care if I runaway because my mom lies about me to my dad then I get grounded. And he never listens to me!

Comment

re: mental abuse

Thank you for reaching out to us. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve felt mentally abused and forced to do things by your family at home. It sounds like the way you’ve felt at home and your family’s reaction to you running away has been pretty stressful.
                        Running away is one of many options available to you.

You mentioned that you felt that your father does not listen. Do you have someone outside of your family at home that you might be able to speak with? It sounds like you’re considering running away to scare your family. Are there other ways you could let your family know that you don’t feel heard? If you do decide to run away, do you have a plan to stay safe while you’re outside your home? It sounds like your home situation has been difficult to handle and you’ve done your best to let your family know that you’re struggling.

If you have questions about running away, or just feel that you would like to speak with someone about what has been going on at home, you are always welcome to call us. We are available by phone 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). You can also reach us through our chat service 4:30pm-11:30pm.

-NRS

Comment

im 11 and want to runaway

My mom don't care I'm tired of where should I go?

Comment

I'm 11 and want to run away

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this time. It sounds like you are feeling very neglected at home. We are sorry to hear you feel like your mom does not care about you. Have you tried talking to her about how that makes you feel? Everyone deserves to feel safe and wanted at home. Sometimes it can be difficult to feel like your voice is being heard.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we do care about you and want to make sure you are in safe place. If home is not a good place for you to be, there are other options. Please call us anytime you like at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We cannot tell you what you should or should not do, but we can help you explore options and come up with a solid plan for what to do next. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

- NRS

Comment

im 14 and want to runaway

I've been treated like I'm nothing, like I don't belong in my house. I'm tired of it. I wish I would be treated like a daughter like my sister is treated like a daughter. I don't think I even belong in my house. No one in my family has anything to do with me. My mom has told people I've moved out. I haven't. She's also told my sister she could care less if I run say. My mom has told me that she doesn't trust me. I don't know weither I should runaway or not? I just don't know what to do anymore. Everyone treats me like I'm nothing. Everyone treats my sister like she's an angel. I don't get it. I'm the youngest and I still get treated like I'm nothing. What did I do to get treated like this? Maybe I should runaway. My friend has nothing to do with me anymore except at school. Well look at me, I feel like I'm alone. I feel like I've be dropped off in a deserted island with no one there with me. Me and my sister is always arguing or fighting. My brother has nothing to do with me. My mom and dad is either arguing or ignoring me. My mom doesn't trust me. She told me that herself. If only, I could get out. Go live with someone that will actually pay attention to me. Someone who can trust me. Someone who I will get along with. I feel like no one cares anymore. My sisters, barely have anything to do with me. My cousins have nothing to do with me. My mom called me a hoe. What am I suppose to do? Just let everyone use me? Let them betray me? Let then run over me? I don't know. Because I have no clue what to do anymore. Weither I runaway or not, they still will treat me like this! They don't make me feel loved. They make me feel hated. I don't know why. I haven't done nothing. I don't deserve to be treated like this. I can't just keep letting then act like this. What do I do? I don't know. They make me feel like im not wanted. They make me feel like I'm nothing to them. I don't know what I should do. It just doesnt make since to me. They don't let me out the house. They wont let me hang with my friends. I don't know why. Wait, actually, I do know why they don't trust me. Because last year, I hung out with a boy. But that was last year. This is a new year and they don't trust me. They don't understand me. I'm growing up and they have to learn that I'm not a baby anymore. I need to have privileges but they obviously don't see I do. They don't want me to grow up I guess. I guess they want me to stay home and not find out who my real friends are, not go no where, or anything. They have to learn. I'm growing up just like they grew up. Yes, I have a boyfriend. But, my mom is looking at his past and not at who he is now. Yes, he's had sex before. That was 3 years ago. 4 years, I've liked him. I've finally got him. I'm happy with him. He doesn't hit me or anything. He treats me with respect. He is funny, nice, kind sweet, charming, he cares for me. I care for him. I like him for who he is, not because he is cute. His personality. He doesn't have to be someone he's not when best around me. I don't have to be someone I'm not when I'm around him. I'm myself around him. He likes that about me. He doesn't care what I look like. Atleast he pays attention to me. He makes me feel loved. He makes me feel cared about. He isn't perfect. No one is. He may not have that much manners, but I don't care. I love him. I believe he is the one. 4 years, that's a while. I don't care what people thinks of him. I love him just the way he is. So, my mom put on Facebook that I moved out. She could care less if I did. I might but do it. She wouldn't care, it seems that way. So, I would still be practically running away if I moved out. Okay. My mom told my friend that I moved out. Wow. Why? That's all I want to know. Why do they treat me like this? I can move out. Matter of fact, I think I will. I'm tired of the way they treat me. So now my mom is saying that she had to slow me down. Slow me down from what? Growing up? You cant do that. Weither you slow me down or not, I'm still growing up. She makes me feel unworthy. Why? She don't believe in me. Now, I feel like I can believe in myself to do anything. I'm so confused. She ruining my teenage life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X