is it llegal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it llegal

Hello I live in Texas and me and my mom fight all the time about my boy friend she hates him I've been with him 2 years now and I ain't leaving him in 4 months I will be 17 I can't take any more of heryelling at me 24/7 can I llegaly leave please help I will dye if I'm here much longer

re: is it llegal

Hi

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you and your mother are having differences over your relationship. Constant arguing and fighting, sounds like it can be overwhelming and frustrating. It seems like you have strong feelings for your boyfriend and do not want to end your relationship. You stated that you cannot take any more of the yelling and you want to leave. In most states, 18 is the age of majority. There are a few states where 17 year olds can legally move out of their home. Since we do not have a legal background, we cannot tell you whether it is illegal or not to leave at 17 in the state of Texas. However you can contact your local police non emergency hotline or a legal aid society in the state of Texas. The Legal Aid of North West Texas can be reached at 888-529-5277 and you may also get additional legal aid organizations from United Way by dialing 2-11 from a landline. Our apologies for not being able to answer your question directly but we hope the information provided helps.

If you would like to speak to us directly, you can do so by dialing 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Our hotline is confidential, anonymous, toll-free, and available 24/7. You can also speak to us directly through Live Chat between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

Best Wishes
    ~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X