X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    I’m 17 years old my parents don’t not want to help me Ive been kick out of my house about 5 times now no family member wants to help me and I have no where to stay I live in ********
    -----
    Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know it takes a lot of courage to reach out for support, and commend you for doing so. Still, we're sorry to hear that you've been kicked out of the house and have nowhere to go. You don't deserve that. If you're in need of immediate shelter, you can always contact us for help in finding local shelters. For now, the Homeless Shelter Directory (www.homelessshelterdirectory.org) might be a good starting point. You'll be able to pull up shelters in your location, as well as their contact information. Before going, it's a good idea to call first to make sure they have availability.

Again, if you need any support in finding local resources or in developing a plan, please reach out to us. We're available 24/7 by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chat through our website: www.1800runaway.org.

Take care,

NRS

Guest replied
    I’m 17 years old my parents don’t not want to help me Ive been kick out of my house about 5 times now no family member wants to help me and I have no where to stay I live in ********
    Last edited by ccsmod3; 11-07-2020, 05:18 AM. Reason: Edited to maintain confidentiality

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

It looks like you might have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue. Thank you for contacting us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services. Please call or chat us again if your situation changes or if you have more questions or concerns, or if you need additional support. We are here for you: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

Best of luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 17 and was kicked out and I've no place to stay I live in ****** Michigan are there any places where I could go to have a stable place to stay till I can get my own place?
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 11-05-2020, 06:23 PM. Reason: Edited for location.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at NRS and we appreciate you sharing a bit about your situation. It sounds like your mom is asking you to leave home, but you are not prepared to live independently yet. Your mom has a legal responsibility to provide for you and ensure you are safe while you are a minor, so it is not okay that she is telling you to leave. We want you to know that you are not alone in this and we are here for you to listen and help as much as possible.

If your mom does ever kick you out or threaten you, you do have the option to report this to child protective services. You can call 911 if you are in need of immediate assistance.

In some areas there are youth shelters and transitional living programs which could be possible options for you. A transitional living program provides young people with a stable place to live and support while you work toward living independently.

We are available 24/7 for immediate support by phone at 1-800-786-2929 and through live chat at 1800runaway.org. If you would like to talk more in detail about your situation or you want to learn more about resources available in your area, please do not hesitate to reach out by phone or live chat.

Stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im a 17 year old female, my mom wants me to leave. i have a job, I don't have a license yet, and I don't have much money saved up. she has all access to my money. I'm in Wickliffe ohio. i have no where to go or feel safe.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like you are looking for a safe place to stay as well as help with finding employment. We are happy to connect you with resources that might be able to help! Your options could depend on a few factors such as your age and current living situation.

One option could be to enroll in JobCorps. JobCorps is a residential program for teens and young adults which offers vocational training and support in finding a job (jobcorps.gov). Another possible option could be a transitional living program. Transitional programs can also provide a safe place to stay and support to help you work toward living independently. The goal of a transitional program is for you to find stable employment, finish school, and save up enough money to be able to rent your own apartment.

We can help you explore these options and locate local resources in your area if you reach out to us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat at 1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I’m looking for a place to live, I’m a teen that likes to work so I’m looking for opportunities.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hey,
    We are happy you reached out to us, but sorry to hear about the struggles you are experiencing at home. While we are happy to communicate by whatever means is easiest for you we do encourage you to reach out to us via our online chat (www.1800runaway.org) or call our toll free, 24/7 hotline (1-800-RUNAWAY or 1-800-786-2929). If you contact you through one of these methods we can talk more candidly about what is going on and discuss options in more detail.
    It sounds like you parents have very high expectations of you. It can very difficult juggling the expectations others have of us and our need to selfcare and respect as we get older and seek more independence. These difficulties can only compounded factors both internal, like your social anxiety, and external, including school and social obligations. You deserve support and positive encouragement, as you make your way further into adulthood.
    I don’t want to gloss over your final comment about being tired of yourself. We hope you remain safe and encouraged you to reach out personally if you find yourself in dire circumstances. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential hotline with skilled liners and resources to help.
    You also mentioned the reason you do not wish to take a job as a waitress is due to your social anxiety. Anxiety is a very real and debilitating condition that can affect social interactions. Have you ever talked to a school counselor or licensed professional about ways to cope? Or talking to you parents about your reservations with certain types of work and the anxiety you struggle with?
    I know the latter may sound terrifying, but we are here to help and do offer conference call services to help facilitate meaningful and productive conversations between young adults and the families. You can always call in to discuss how all of the works.
    We would love to discuss in more detail some of the options we have offered above, if you feel they may be helpful. We want you to make sure you feel supported and are available to talk 24/7 either by chat or by phone. We are here to listen. Here to help.
    Best,
    National Runaway Safeline

Guest replied
    I am currently 18 I suffer from social anxiety, I am currently working in a fast food restaurant , but it is so complicated for me because of my social anxiety . I don’t like talking to people because I am scared and my parents are always putting pressure on me to get another job due to I get pay minimum wage . I always apply for other jobs but I get rejected or never get called back ): . Their is jobs as waitresses but like I said I don’t like talking to people . I don’t know what to do , my mom said that she’s tired of me , but I’m tired of myself I don’t know what else to do .

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your mom and grandma. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    hi my name is teyja, i just turned 17 in july and mymother dropped me offin myhometown virginia with my grandmother. recently my grndmother and i have been bumping heads alot since i came and a couple of weeks back she snapped and got physical and got charged. today was her court date and she was so upset that she cancel custody and said she no longer wanted me at her house. for months she's been threatining me about it and telling other famil members about me and i am just ready to go. but my mother dont want me and my grandma wont let me get in contact with my biological dad. am a senior and am reallytrying to finish school, but i can only handle so much and am stressed out and i definetly dont want to be in a place where am not wanted. so can you please just help me to get through this year so i can get in the military and move on with my . i need somewhere to go and a job just until this year is over with,please

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there –

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. It can be very frustrating not knowing what to do or what your next step might be from this point on. Sounds like you’ve got a plan to leave, but you are not sure where to go. Hopefully we can help you find a place to reach out for some help.

Only you know yourself when it’s time to leave home due to it being an unsafe situation. We do have a large database that we can help see if their is anything in your area that you can reach out for more local help. We encourage you to reach out to us here on or 24-hour hotline or even via chat to explore that option.

Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon!
    Last edited by ccsmod8; 08-27-2020, 03:38 PM.

Guest replied
    Hi I am 17 and living in north carolina there are some complications going on in my home and I need help finding a place to go

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hey there,
    Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline, that seems like a complicated situation and we are happy you reached out for help. It’s tough to be kicked out like this and be out on your own right before you turn 18.
    We do have housing resources but they are by referral so for them you would need to call into our hotline or use our online chat for us to be able to give you them. If you would prefer not to the https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/ is a good starting place, or https://www.hud.gov/ for shelter, and rental assistance.
    Hopefully that is a good starting point for you, if you want more resources, or just need someone to vent to about the situation we are happy to listen. You can call our hotline at 1-800-786-2929, or chat online with us at 1800runaway.org
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X