Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'm 17 years old . i need to leave my house . My family make me sick . they are all americans . I'm getting sick because my brothers never let me sleep and they have emotional problems. . i want to leave . i need a healthy space. I don't even have more family . I was living in mexico for 15 years until my mom find me. I come here thinking this please could be perfect for learn English and finish my hig school . but i can be with them no more.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi, thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear that your son’s friend is going through all of this. It sounds really stressful, but it’s great that you are trying to help her.

If she needs immediate/emergency shelter, a good resource to start with is the Homeless Shelter Directory, www.homelessshelterdirectory.org. You can search for places near her and see if they will take teenagers. You can also check if they offer mental health or substance abuse counseling services. Another good resource that you can either use yourself or offer to her is the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration at www.samhsa.gov or 1-877-726-4727.

Other options for short-term shelter may include local churches, trusted friends or family members, or Salvation Army programs. For longer-term housing, you can search for Transitional Living Programs in her area or look at the U.S. Housing and Urban Development website at www.hud.gov for information on rental assistance, public housing programs, and more.

Please feel free to reach out again if you have more questions or need further help, either through this forum, email, chat, or our hotline number at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We are here 24/7 to answer your calls and completely confidential. Best of luck with everything!

Guest replied
    My son has a friend that's is a girl and her Mom has passed when she was 12 or 13, her Dad is nowhere to be found, she lived with her mom' parents and at 17 they kicked her out. She lives near Valdosta, GA. I m single mom with a 15 year old son so I cannot possibly take her in. She may habe some mental health and substance abuse issues, I'm not sure. I want to help. Where can she go or call?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod11
    It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, so we are glad you are reaching out to us in your time of need because we are here to help!

You asked if you have to take this for a whole other year, and we want you to know that you have options. Because you are not the age of adult yet, if you were to leave home without her permission, your mother could have the option of reporting you to the police as a runaway. While running away isn’t illegal, it is considered a status offense because of your age. That means that she could press charges against anyone that takes you in. An option to explore if you are thinking of leaving home at the age of 17 without permission is to call the local police station’s non-emergency number! Sometimes police stations will not take a runaway report for people so close to 18, but calling is an option to check for yourself! Another way to avoid runaway reporting is to receive written or recorded consent from your mother.

You mentioned that you have been having bad arguments with your mom and that you feel unwelcomed in your home. Have you discussed this feeling with your mother or discussed what is happening with another trusted adult? Sometimes having someone else to bounce ideas off before talking with a parent can help you navigate the trends you’ve seen in your discussions before. Another option may be to use our hotline if you don’t want to involve someone else you know (1-800-786-2929). You would be able to talk with one of our Liners and then, if you wanted to, we could conference call out to your mom. We would stay on the line to help keep the conversation productive between you two.

You also mentioned that you would like to get a job and that you are interested in moving. It is great to have a plan! If you wanted to talk through your ideas on how to accomplish those goals, the number we mentioned can also be used to discuss those options 24/7!

As we said, we are here to help, but also here to listen!

Best of Luck!

Guest replied
    I'm 17 and have been having really bad arguments with my mom she is really stuburn and hates it when I'm right about something I really try getting through to her but logic is her enemy she just love screaming and switching topics to things that well like me getting a job and moving and I can tell she really means it when she said it I feel really in unwelcomed and like a stranger in my own home I've been trying hard to get a job but as a drop out with no experience it's not something comes easy I keep telling my self that when I turn 18 I'm going to just get a loan and use my formula to gain a 50% return but I'm really am just tired of this and really can't take any more I know many people wish they had a mother that's why I always try and see things from her perspective unfortunately she isn't so thought full is there something I can do or do I have to take this for a whole other year

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are concerned for you boyfriend and where he will stay next. We aren’t legal experts, but his parents are responsible for him until 18 and he has the right to call the police on them. In addition, if you or him call into us, we can look up shelter’s or TLP’s for him to stay at. We are open 24/7 and our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. If you call into us, we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this!

-NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    I recently got my boyfriend kicked out his home I didnt mean for this to happen, I feel terrible and wish he could stay with me but it just isnt possible . He's 17 with no family to go to. Is there anywhere he can go?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod11
    Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us for help. We understand you went through a really difficult time with your parents and you ended up leaving home. We prioritize the safety of those who contact us, so we want to help you out as best as we can. Unfortunately, we are not able to give local resources out over the forums, as it can actually endanger the safety of those who post on our forums. We can help you look for shelters for runaway/homeless youth in your area, but you would either need to email us at [email protected], or call us at 1-800-786-2929. If you email us, be sure to include that you’re looking for shelter, your age, your gender, and your city/state. We also can direct you to homelessshelterdirectory.org, which allows you to search for homeless shelters in your area. We do not verify the quality of these shelters, and the website also includes resources for adults. Be sure that the shelter you’re looking at accepts people your age when you search through Homeless Shelter Directory.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Guest replied
    I'm 17 years old and live in Michigan, I'm no longer living with my family, it was a really bad situation. They told me once I walk out the door they're wiping their hands clean of me. I'll receive no help from them, I have no money, no job and no home. I'm looking for a shelter near me to stay in, but I'm still in high school and need it to be somewhat near my school but I can't find any, I was wondering if I was maybe missing something and if anyone could help me figure out where to go. I would just go to a diner but there aren't any 24 hour ones where I live.
    Last edited by ccsmod11; 03-23-2018, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help and we are glad that you decided to reach out to us.
    It is not your fault that your mom tried to kill herself. It sounds like your mom is going through stressful time but your mom is responsible to take care of you. Are there any friends or family members you can stay with? If you call us at our 24 hour confidential hotline we would be happy to talk to you, explore your options, and provide any shelters or safe place resources.
    You are doing great in such a hard situation by asking for help. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.
    Best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Ok so I'm 17 and about to be homeless. My mom tried to kill her self and blames it on me her boyfriend won't have me and I have no father, no where to go and it's about to start getting cold I don't want to get cops involved but I just need a break I have no where to go and I'm only a junior in highschool

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hello there,

We are so glad that you reached out over the phone after sending this bulletin so we could best help. Please do not hesitate to reach out again if you ever need to talk to someone or need additional resources. We truly want to support you during this difficult time.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    Please help...

I'm 17 and I got kicked out of my parent's house when I was 14 because we had no money. I've been living with friends because my parents both currently live in their cars but everyone I move in with kicks me out for various reasons. I have no other family in Tennessee and no where left to go. Please help me...
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hello there, thanks for reaching today.

Sounds like you are having arguments and home, and want to leave but you have nowhere to go. Seems like a pretty stressful situation. If you haven’t already, you might see if any friends or extended family would be willing to have you move in with them. If you call or chat us, we can get more information about your situation such as your location and look for housing resources near you. We have a national database of youth runaway shelters and transitional living programs; which are longer stay shelters for older teens to work on being self-sufficient. Again, please call or chat us so we can find those resources for you. We can also talk through your situation, brainstorm your options, and talk about what leaving home might look like for you.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Stay safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    Im 17 and don't have no were to go me and my keep getting into arguments like bad ones if your reading this please find a place for me to live

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X