Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south carolina 17year old runaway

I wanna runn away but i wanna make sure i wont get dragged back first. My parents are bad parents i was told this by not just myself but my counsilier said it too. I want out of the house. Can my parents try to bring me back?

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling your story. We are sorry to hear that you feel your parents are bad parents; can you tell us more about that? We’re glad that you have told us what is going on, it was very brave of you to do that. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we aren’t legally trained but we can give you general ideas and try to help you find some resources to help you out.

It sounds like you have talked with your counselor about what is going on at home and it’s great that you have someone who is supportive of you. Is there anyone else you can think of that you can talk with?

Again, we aren’t legally trained here but we do have some general ideas about what may happen if you runaway. Usually, if you are under 18 and leave home without their permission, they may have the option to file a runaway report with the local police department. What that sometimes does is put you into a national database so that all police departments had access to the information. Sometimes, when a youth is close to turning 18, the police won’t take a report or won’t actively look for a runaway but that depends on the police department. If you are interested in talking with them about that, you can call them and hypothetically ask them or you can call us and we can make a conference call with you.

If you were to leave home, do you have a plan about where you would stay? That’s another thing we can help you with; we have a database of resources such as shelters that we can help connect you with. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); we are completely confidential and anonymous.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I cant call the sherrifs dept. To see how they handle 17 year old runaways because i dont have a phone and no i have no one else i can talk to

Comment

RE: south carolina 17year old runaway

Hi again,

So it seems like you're in a bit of a tough spot. Maybe your counselor can offer you some more specific legal advice. Since you don't have access to a phone, you are able to chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.39pm-11.30pm Central Standard Time.

Hopefully this helps!

Best of luck to you,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X