Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 in PA

In 17 and I've new having many arguments with my parents they kicked me out and then called the cops an said I ran away the cops told me to return home since my parents can't legally kick me out till 18. Since then it's a constant fight I am not allowed to step foot off the property and today my father grabbed me up and squeezed me so tight I couldn't breath I also have red marks on my wrist from him grabbing whole of then and he smashed me in between a door and a wall. He said he would hit me in my mouth if he wouldn't get arrested for it. I want to get emancipated but I was told its difficult to get in PA. They are trying to send me to live with other relatives and try to get cys to place me somewhere else. I want to leave but I don't want them to call the cops on me. What are my options??

RE: 17 in PA

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We’re sorry that your parents are treating you that way. It’s absolutely wrong for them to treat you that way. You have the right to feel safe in your own home. Dealing with so much can be really stressful. It was really brave of you to reach out for some support. So let’s see how we can help you out tonight.

Have you ever thought about making an abuse report? It is completely your choice to do that. In general there can be a few different outcomes of this. 1. The police may do nothing. 2. They may provide you and your family with some services (for example, family counseling) or 3. They may remove you from your house and put you in a group home or foster care. That may be an option that you want to pursue.

In terms of emancipation, you are right in that it can be a difficult process. We are not legal experts here, but there is a resource in PA that may be able to help you with emancipation questions. It’s called Youth Advocates and their number is 814-849-1237. They may only be open from 9am-5pm.

It definitely seems like you’re going through a tough time right now. We want you to know that we are here to help you through all this at anytime. If you have any questions at all about an abuse report or about emancipation, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24/7 and are completely confidential and anonymous. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X