No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help!!!!

    Im 15 and I want to get emancipated from my mom but not my dad. My dad said that if i got emancipated from my mom he would help me stay in school and take care if me. I just want to know if in Utah can you get emancipated from just one parent or do you have to get emancipated from both?

  • #2
    re: Help!!!!

    Hi and thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have some really good questions about emancipation and we’re glad that you’ve reached out to us. From what you are saying it seems like your dad is a supportive adult in your life and that he wants to help take care of you. Unfortunately we aren’t legal experts, so we can’t tell you whether or not you can emancipate from only one parent. What we can tell you is that according to our resources, in the state of Utah, to be considered for emancipation you have to be at least 16 years old, be capable of living independently and be capable of managing your own finances. While Utah doesn’t have a state statute, you can go to www/ and search by county for further information. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours a day, or chat with us from 4:30-11:30pm CST for additional support or resources. Best wishes,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp