Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im 16 and hate living at home if i run away can the police force me to go back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I ran away from home and I'm 16 and live in Texas

I ran away from home the other night because of some things that had happened the following week. I know that I made mistakes and did some things on purpose but I was tired of getting the belt and getting in trouble. I want to know the law about a 16 year old running away from home in Texas. And honestly with that being sad I'm afraid to go back. I'm not a good person with stress and pressure but a lot of things had been going on with me for the past months and I hadn't told anyone about it until recently. Sometimes I would think of suicide because I was so stressed. And recently, I've been worried that I may be pregnant, I've made so many horrible mistakes I know will pull me down the gutter. And there is no easy way out. I just need some support and advice. Please and thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    replied
    re: Want to Leave For The Weekend

Hello,

We don't exactly know how old you are. Also, we aren't legal experts so we can't tell you whether or not you would get in trouble for leaving for the weekend. If you are a minor and your mom doesn't want you to leave, and you do anyway there is potential for you to be taken back home. That depends on whether or not your mom gets the police involved.

If you need to, you can always contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can talk about any possible options that you are thinking about. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Want To Leave For The Weekend

I want to leave for the weekend to get my hair done but she wont let me and does not have a reason not to... Can I get in trouble? ??

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    RE: Can I runaway at 15/16

Hey there!
    Thank you for contacting us here at NRS. It sounds like you are going through a lot at home. Nobody deserves to be mistreated. Why do you feel like you cannot talk to any legal people at school? These people may be more knowledgeable in your type of situation and be more than willing to help in any way possible. We are happy to help with anything you need here though.
    With that said, we are not legal experts, however, we are able to inform on some basic information regards to legalities. It is not illegal to runaway, laws and rules for consequences of that vary from state to state. If you were to runaway and your parents filed a runaway report, stating that you had runaway, and the police found you, then yes they would take you back to your parents’ house. Depending on the state, and sometimes county, it is possible that the people you are staying with could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. This, as stated earlier, varies from state to state.
    If there is anything else you would like to talk about or any other resources you might need feel free to call our 24 hour toll-free hot line or use our live chat services that are open every day from 4:30pm-11:30pm CST. We are happy to help with anything whether it be just sitting and listening or helping you find resources.
    Best,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    replied
    re: Let these Kids Run

Hey there,

While we greatly appreciate you posting on our bulletin board, we would like to let you know that we are a non directive hotline. We are here mainly for information and referrals as well as support. We are here 24/7 and would be more than happy to speak to any youth in crisis.

Best,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X