No announcement yet.

Moving out of my mom's house to my father's house

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    i want 2 go live with my dad

    My mom had me when she was 18 and my dad said that he needed 2 get his life together before he could be in my life so my mom got mad and kept me away from him but realized how much i needed him and missed him so at the age of 10 she started letting me see him more but now im 13 and she is going crazy she had my little brother with her boy friend reggie and it seems like she loves him more than she loves me and im 13 now and im. Still getting whippings (which im 2 old for) and i have a lot of chores and lets not even bring up how hard school is i have decided that i need 2 go and live with my dad because if my mom keeps doing this we are going 2 get in a fist fight and i really don't want 2 hurt her cause i love her.But i cant take it anymore and i need 2 go and live with my dad as soon as possible please help me i just need 2 know how 2 get out of here. 🙏🙏🙏


    • #92
      re: i want 2 go live with my dad


      18 years old is generally the age that an individual may leave home without permission from their parent or legal guardian. We are not legal experts here but we can speak in general terms. If you are under 18 and leave home without permission, your parent/guardian may file a runaway report with the police. What actions the police take once you are filed as a runaway can vary a lot from state to state and even city to city so we cannot predict exactly what would happen in your case. Generally speaking, if you encounter a police officer while reported as a runaway, you will likely be returned home. However, in that case there may be services (family counseling, etc.) available to you as a youth in crisis/runaway but again, police procedures related to offering those services can be different based on your location or the details of your situation. Another thing to consider is that while running away is not a crime, a legal adult who allows you to stay with them may be putting themselves at risk for being charged with harboring a runaway. One way to find out the laws in your area is to call your local police and ask what their policies are regarding runaway youth.

      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

      National Runaway Safeline (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove