No announcement yet.

Moving out of my mom's house to my father's house

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi im eleven lately ive been getting locked down into the basement by my mom and getting hit by my mom i want to live with my dad becaseue he is not a jehovahs witness and i dont have to pretend to be somthing im not but the thing is with leaving my mom is that its going to get emotinal even though she abuses me deep down she is somthimes a nice woman but still i cant live with her the way she treats me my parents been divorced, But my dad always had my back. And today i textted him about my issues with abuse from my mom. He said he can do anything for me and i replied i wanna move out from my moms house. And i thought it through and i am firm with my choice but i know im going to be depressed


    • ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on with your mom and wanting to live with your dad. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).

      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

      We hope to hear from you soon.

      Be safe, NRS

  • I have the same problem. I wanna move out of my moms house, to live with my dad.

    My mom doesn't treat me right no more!! She's always bringing guys to the house or going out late at night, drunk nd passes out anywhere. And whenever she doesn't go out and drink she stays home and drinks herself the second she gets home. Which is round 6 till 12 and she yells at me and she some times puts her hands on me or she will get in my face, or she'll jus argu with me and I've felt with this ever since I was 8 years old. And my dad he lives 1hr away from me and he said I can live with him, until they get a bigger house . Because right now they have a 1 bedroom house nd that's y I can't go over their all the time cause my mom has a court order saying I can't be their when my stepsister are their,cause we would be sharing the same room I guess. But that's why he said until then jus wait . And I rlly don't know if I can wait cause I'm almost at my breaking point!! DSS has come to the house 2 times and around 20 or 30 domestic reports have been filed at my moms house . So my dad says when the judge sees that its ganna be a good factor and show him that his place is more stable for me . I have 2 sisters and 1 brother at my moms house , and my uncle ,me ,my mom,mycat ,nd my dog so its rlly packed. And my mom makes me do so much while she goes out at night with anyone or does anything at all . I have to take the man of the house roll cause my uncle doesn't do anything here he is always gone . I have to cook dinner nd give the kids baths nd clean after them nd get the clothes done and everything . Not saying im not supposed to do nothing but I shouldn't have to do all that while she gets drunk and I have to do the man of the house job and also her job as a parent/mother . The social worker said that even tho she can drink . Cause drinking isn't illegal. But she is still a mom to us nd shouldn't let drinking take over her . At the end of the day she is a mother and should be one no matter what. Cause I'm suffering trying to help . I currently have a job. And have had it since the end of 2020 and still working. I jjs want to live with my dad because for the last couple years since I was 8 yes old and now I'm 16 I've suffered and been thru so much pain with her drinking and her BF drinking and them fighting . My dad don't really drink he dont like it and I told him achohal has messed up my life not physically but mentally, and I jus can't take it nomore .!!!! DSScsme like 1month ago I think to my house because my mom got so drunk that she got in a fight with my grandma and scratched her face nd scratched her chest and everything and pullers out her hair and punched me in my chest and had tk get X-rays but nothing broke or nothing but it was a bigg bruise and couldn't lift my arms!! I jjs want to get out of her . How can I move out of my moms house ????


    • ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there, and thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

      It sounds like things at home have been pretty difficult, and we're sorry to hear that. Physical abuse is not okay, and you don't deserve that sort of treatment. While it's probably incredibly frustrated that your interactions with DSS haven't seemed to changed much, it's important to continue documenting any abuse that's happening and filing abuse reports each time. This might seem like a lot, but if DSS is trying to put other measures in place to ensure your wellbeing and those measures aren't working (and causing you to continue being hurt), it's important for them to know that. Keeping record of those incidences can be helpful as well, like hanging onto the doctor's report showing that you went to the hospital and/or taking photos of your bruises, etc. If filing an abuse report on your own becomes too much for you, you can also reach out to a safe person at school (like a teacher or counselor), let them know what's going on, and they can file a report for you. We can also work with you here at NRS to get a report filed as well.

      Beyond that, there aren't a whole lot of ways that you can legally move out of your mom's house until you're 18. Your dad might be able to go back to court now to try and get things in motion to have you move in with him since there is ongoing abuse in your home, and that's likely a good place to start. Similarly, if DSS gets involved again, try and make sure they're aware that staying with dad is an option and see if they can help facilitate that. This might be something they can help with.

      If you'd like to chat in more detail about what's going on at home or continue to explore your options, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or through our live chat at We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

      Take care.

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove