Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    hi im Justin i am 13 years old right now and im thinking of running away from home because ever since my mom brought all theses men into my life i was never able to understand why she and my biological dad separated. which means why have she blame everything on me. i have been doing bad in school lately since in 5th grade to the beginning of 8th grade. now i already know how my mom feels about me a ''disgrace'' and a ''disappointment'' . so if i run away can i still go to school because i am trying to still go to school without my mom bothering me and me going to new york to my dad?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for contacting NRS. We are sorry to hear about your situation at home. That's must be tough. Have you contacted your school counselor and told him about your situation? They can be a great help to keep in school. You also said that you have friends that want to help you, you can always stay with your friends if it's safer for you. Additionally, if the threats made by your parents are serious, you can always tell the police and let them decide what the right thing to do. It seems there is more to your situation and we are more than welcome to help you. To better assist you, please call on our number 1-800-786-2929 or chat with us on 1800runaway.com

Guest replied
    So im a 16 year old female and i am now a run away. I have friends that want to help me cause at home I messed up and my parents hate me and my mother said she wanted to beat me and my dad told me he hopes I get hit by a bus. I cant stand my house so I ran away but high school starts up in a few days and i want to still go to school what do i do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for your response to another user’s post. It often may be validating and helpful for users to read similar situations as well as exchange feedback to one another. It sounds like you and the previous user have had a lot in common and you now being older would like to share you experience on the subject. Often forums are a place of support and understanding for many youth.
    We here at the National Runaway Safeline do not necessarily share the same view as the user. Our main concern is making sure that whatever you decide to do you are doing it safely. For anyone experiencing any difficulties or challenges, the National Runaway Safeline encourages youth to reach out to our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat for immediate services. 1-800-786-2929
    Thank you

Guest replied
    I was in the exact same situation and what i did was go to my BEST friend that went to school with me and his parents were ok with me staying there for a little bit which ended up to be 3 years (until I could pay for an apartment). I told my primary guardian ( dad ) that i did not feel comfortable there any more and i was going to stay with some friends and go to school. I said not to worry i will call every once in a wile. If you do this don't tell your primary guardian which friend (cause they may cause harm to the nice family or you (again)) once a month I call him from the school and we catch up. He has been getting better but i am 20 now and we planned to meet eachother next week at a starbucks for the first time we will talk in person in for the first time in 5 years. my mom is actually crazy and is abusive but i said i was never coming back there and left. You just have to find a safe place to go and make sure that they in no way can harm them or you but also update them so if they do call the cops then they cant report you as missing only runaway. but really try to sat yin school no matter what. education is the only thing that will let you leave that terrible place. I am pretty sure that if you call they can help they helped me. just hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    replied
    Re: Can I run away and still go to school?

Hello,

Thanks for your insight into this situation. We’re happy to have you contribute! It can be really helpful for someone in a crisis to hear from others who have been in a similar situation.

While it may be true that in your specific circumstance that Family Court was the best option, it is not the only route that exists in the realm of legal possibilities. That is why we maintain that we are not legal experts and often refer questions like this to someone who is. If you wanted to reach out to us to share your experience, we’d love to hear from you.

All the best,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My parents are separated. My dad is a worthless human being, and I got lucky enough for him to be my primary guardian. I can run away to my moms house, which he knows where she lives. Or I can run to a friends house and stay there until I'm 18.
    My biggest worry is could I be forced to go to his house if I keep going to school?
    (I live in NW Arkansas.)
    Your school may notify your dad if he has sent a memo to them. your best bet is family court. You are old enough to pick which parent you stay with. trust I have been through it and from central arkansas

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    replied

Thank you for taking the time to contact us today.
    It sounds like you’re feeling unwanted by your mom and are thinking about running away but are hesitant because you are concerned about missing school. It’s good that you’re taking the time to figure things out before you make a decision.

It’s great that you enjoy school and that your education is important to you. Unfortunately we are not legal experts and we can’t say what will happen if you decided to return to school.

Being able to admit when you make mistakes shows a lot of maturity and having your mom say negative things to you can defiantly wear on you. It’s understandable why you would want to leave a household like that.
    You mentioned that your mom gets physical with you, we are not here to tell you what to do but if you want we can hold a conference call if that is a concern of yours. Your physical and mental safety is what is most important.
    Please feel free to give us a call anytime 1-800-RUNAWAY
    Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My mom and I have been going threw a lot right now. she is very physical with me and she says thing that i don't think a child or a teens should ever have to hear and yes i have made mistakes but all kids do, but i don't need to be punished forever for it. i don't know what I'm gonna do.I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do. I feel very unwelcome in my house. My own mom even said that i was F*** up and i ruined her partying days in High School. Its not my fault that she had me at 17. I am just done and don't know what to do. If i do run away were do i go when do i leave. If or when i run away i still want to go to school i love school.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    Re: ?

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are going through physical and mental abuse. No one should every have to experience that.

To better answer your questions regarding school, we would need to know some additional information about your situation. Feel free to give us a call or chat in. You can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:http://www.nrschat.org:88/chat/UserP...&d=&u=&bypass=

All the best,

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ?

Can I run away and still go to school? See I have been physically and mentally abused for a while. I have went to the cops and others they will not help I am afraid that I will not make it to my 18th birthday do u have any suggestions please help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied
    re: Can I run away and still go to school?

Hello and thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are unhappy living with your dad and feel like you want to runaway. Have you tried talking with your dad about what’s going on? Things must be really difficult at home if you are feeling like you need to runaway. It sounds like you are trying to plan ahead and figure out a way to continue in school even if you aren’t living with your guardians. We are not legal experts, but one option that you do have is to look into the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act at http://www2.ed.gov/programs/homeless/legislation.html for more information on your rights to education. Another option available to you is to talk with someone at your school about what might happen in that situation. We are glad that you found us and hope that we can be here to support you as you make this decision. If there is anything else we can do, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours a day. Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Can I run away and still go to school?

Can I run away and still go to school?

My parents are separated. My dad is a worthless human being, and I got lucky enough for him to be my primary guardian. I can run away to my moms house, which he knows where she lives. Or I can run to a friends house and stay there until I'm 18.
    My biggest worry is could I be forced to go to his house if I keep going to school?
    (I live in NW Arkansas.)
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X