No announcement yet.

Can I run away and still go to school?

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I want to run away but I want to continue school so I can have a good life outside of home. My dad is completely out of my life and has been for about a year now and my mom is verbally and emotionally abusing me and giving me punishments for things I can’t control and I just don’t want to deal with it anymore. I have diagnosed anxiety depression and ptsd a lot of which is because of her and my dad and all I want to do now is just leave so I don’t end up killing myself anymore. I only have one person I’m living for and I just want to leave with him but he won’t say yes and I want to have a successful life but I don’t know how I can without education. I just want to be happy and I think running away will help but I don’t know about it for in the long run.


    • ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

      You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parent’s permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

      Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

      Be safe,

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove