No announcement yet.

15yo. pregnant , kicked out.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15yo. pregnant , kicked out.

    I don't know if this is a legal issue or not, but I am 15 years old & pregnant. I got kicked out almost a month ago and have been staying at various friends house, most of the time though I stay at my cousins who is emancipated and lives alone. I will be 16 a month after my baby is born and I will then be of age to get a job and also get emancipated and things like that. BUT since I am listed as a runaway, have no money or anything to my name; how will I deliver this baby? Will a hospital still take me in? & I don't want CPS taking away my child. The father of my child has recently turned 20 and we have chosen not to let him sign any birth certificates or let any authorities know this is his child until I turn 18, so he is no help.. I'm just trying to find an alternative to delivering my baby on a bathroom floor , or having them taken away from me. ALSO is there a program that without having documented of who I am and yada yada yada, that I can get free diapers, milk etc. I live in Portland, Oregon. Thanks.

  • #2
    15yo. pregnant,kicked out

    Thank you for posting on the National Runaway Safeline Bulletin board at
    We are sorry to hear you about your situation at home
    You said you were kicked out but that you are also listed as a runaway.
    Is that right?

    If you have been kicked out of your family home this may be considered an act of neglect on your parent’s part by Children and family services in your area.
    Parents are responsible to supply care for their children in the form of food housing and clothes etc. It is considered illegal in most states for a parent to put out a child who is still a minor.
    It may be best to check with a hospital in your area about privacy rights for minors who are expecting.

    We are not legal experts at NRS so we unable to provide you with legal advice however we can provide you with referrals for legal information concerning your rights as a youth and pregnant teen.

    We understand how this must be making you feel it can’t be easy being pregnant and having to go from friend to friend for a place to sleep.
    It seems like you have had some good friends as well as a cousin who try to give you a safe place.

    We did not get from your post how far along you are in your pregnancy or if you have seen a doctor about prenatal care
    We would like to offer you any information we can about emergency youth shelter, transitional living programs and health care services for pregnant teens in your city and state.
    How does that sound?

    You can call our 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) 24hr crisis line and speak to one of our crisis liners about checking our national data base for services in your area.
    You can also join our Live Chat service 4:30pm until 11:30pm 7 days a week at
    Or contact NRS via our 24hr crisis email at [email protected].

    We would like to offer you one referral from our data base.
    The agency is: Insights Teen Parent Program
    Phone: 503-239-6996
    An insight offers many of the services you mentioned in your post from housing to health care and your and your baby’s needs.

    One of the services we offer when you call NRS is conference calling to any referrals you may get from NRS.
    This way we can be a supportive voice on the line and assist you however we can in getting the information you seek.
    Should you become uncomfortable at any time we can simply end the call if you’d like.
    How does that sound?

    We certainly hope this information proves helpful to your situation.
    We hope to hear from you.
    Thanks again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    Take care,
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-15-2013, 07:50 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      my mom is very bad at hearing bad news.. I met a boy in the dvip shelter and we had sex for the first time 2 weeks ago.. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive I have no idea what to do because I havent told my boyfriend or my mom. My mom knows I had sex and she is keeping me locked in the room away from my boyfriend. When I tell her I am pregnant if she kicks me out and makes me leave is there anyone who can help me?


      • ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

        It sounds like you're in a really stressful situation dealing with an unplanned pregnancy on top of your mom's negative reaction to you having sex. We're really glad you reached out to us, and we'll try to help as best as we can.

        First, it could be helpful to talk to your doctor or a resource like Planned Parenthood to confirm that you are indeed pregnant and also to see what your options are at this point. This will let you start thinking about how you want to handle the potential pregnancy. Planned Parenthood's number is 1-800-230-7526, and their website is

        It sounds like you are worried that your mom will kick you out if you tell her about the pregnancy. One important thing to understand is that since she is your legal guardian, she is not allowed to kick you out. To do so would be considered neglect, which is a form of child abuse. If she does kick you out, you can always call the police and have them do a wellness check.

        If you don't feel safe living at home, you might think about staying at a shelter for a while. Each shelter is different, but they often have counseling resources to help you through a tough situation. Since you are a minor, you will likely need to get your mom's consent to stay at a shelter, though you may be able to stay for a little while before they reach out to your mom. The best way to find out is to give them a call and ask what their policy is. If you're interested in this, you can give us a call and we can see if we can find anything in your area that fits your needs.

        You might be interested in individual counseling as well, since you are experiencing a lot of stress in your life. Counseling provides a safe space for you to talk about what's going on and get some perspective on your situation. If you'd be interested in giving counseling a try, you can call us anytime and we can see if we can find anything in your area. You can also start by talking to your school counselor.

        We offer a conference call service at NRS that might help you and your mom hear and understand each other. It's basically a mediated conversation between you and your mom over the phone, with one of us acting as a neutral third party to keep things productive. If this sounds like it might help, you can give us a call anytime to set something up.

        Hopefully some of these options help. If you'd like to discuss of these options further or just want a listening ear, you can reach us anytime at 1-800-786-2929. We are 24/7, toll-free, and confidential.

        Best of luck,

    • #4
      i am 15 want to get pregnant only because i am being emotionally and verbally abused at home i am also being isolated by my parents who constantly bring me down and call me names and let me know how worthless i am and how soon ill die i just want a child to love i want to love someone and have someone to love me i am a really nurturing person i love kids i know how to take care of them i have been around them my whole life my parents are foster parents i take care of all the little kids that come in and out of my house i know theyll be extremely mad if and when i tell them and i might get disowned or kicked out of the house or i might run away from home from fear of what they might do to me try to do to me or make me do what do i do when im a pregnant homeless 15 year old on the streets and where can i find shelter


      • ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment

        You mentioned some things that raise concern for your safety and well-being. If any harm or abuse is happening at home, you have the right to report it. We are not experts on the issue, but generally once it's been reported, social services will either decide whether or not to take the case and further investigate. If they do take the case, they will send out someone from child protective services to do an investigation (interviewing people in the household) and from there they will decide the level of danger within the household. It generally ranges from no danger (the youth stays in the home, some services are given, and the case is closed), moderate danger (they will provide family services with possible temporary displacement) and high danger (they will remove the youth from the home and offer certain services).

        If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: We can also help you to file a report if that’s the route you are considering.

        Please be safe and reach out soon by phone or chat so that we may help.
        Take care,

    • #5
      i am 15 and pregnant I am only a month or so along I turn 16 in March n the baby father is 19 I have been kicked out but posted as runaway status I am staying at a friend's house n i don't know how long I'm gonna be able to stay here I don't have anywhere else to go I would like to know if there are programs I can get I to to get housing for my baby or a shelter for me I would like to keep my baby and I'm willing to do everything I can to provide I will work when I can and do everything in my power to be a good mother but I need can u please help me


      • ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment

        We are so glad you reached out. It sounds like you’re going through a really overwhelming and scary situation right now. It is great that you were able to ask for help and that you’re thinking about what is best for you and your baby. Not everyone could do that! You sound really resilient and brave to reach out for help.

        You have stated that you are looking for information on where you can live right now, and for information on where you can live once you have your child. Unfortunately, it is difficult to give specific resources without knowing where you are located. If you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or chat with us by visiting our website (, you can share some more information about yourself and we can help you find more information about local resources that you might need.

        There is one resource we can give without knowing your location that might be able to help you find a safe place to go. The agency is called “National Safe Place” and they provided access to immediate help and supportive resources for youth in need. You can look up your city and state to see if there is any safe places near you listed in the event that you are no longer able to stay with your friend. They are usually places like designated school, fire stations, libraries, etc, so places that are normally easy to walk to. If you want to contact them you can text the word “SAFE” to 69866 with your current location (address, city, state) and they will send you information about the nearest safe location if available.

        Again, we’re so glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help, and you are clearly working hard to try to figure out what to do next. Please do not hesitate to call us, we are confidential, and available 24/7. We are here to listen, and to help.

        All the best.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp