Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really want to leave my house but how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'm from Pakistan .. 2 years ago my parents divorced.my mom applied divorce against my dad .. we don't meet with our father but we really face a lot of difficulties everyone leave us every single one . And now my parents want to patch up. And I'm like what ... really what .. they literally ruin our life's . I can't live my childhood . I can't study . My all friends leave me they don't know how many days I cry they don't know how many days I didn't sleep they don't know how I face the world (har koi hamain tarsi hui nazar se dekhta hai ) they just don't know anything and after this all we stable we accept it . We start living we start smiling and now they again wanted to destroy us ... I can't sleep at night I just don't wanna live here I'm done with them I wanted to runaway . They ruined me .. I'm ********in dead

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. We are here to help. We are sorry to hear that you feel really upset by your family members. It is completely understandable to feel like you want to run away from your family some times. I am also sorry that your sister is leaving to go to the marines soon, because I understand that you will miss her a lot. It sounds like your older sister is an important pillar of support for you.

It sounds like you have a lot to get off your chest! In scenarios where you are annoyed by your family, it is really important to have a good support system. I would strongly suggest sharing how you feel with someone you trust like friend or supportive family member.

If you decide to runaway from your family, your parents could always file a runaway report to the police and ask them to bring you home. We strongly encourage you to either call us at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or message us in live chat through this website.. This way, we can talk things over with you personally and provide advice specific to your situation. Our services are available for youth 24/7, so do no hesitate to reach out at any time!

Guest replied
    I'm sick of my mom I really am She has 2 of her nephews living with us one came 3 years ago and one came in June and I am sick and tired of them the boy is 19 He is supposed to leave and make his life the girl is 16 almost 17 but when I tell you I'm sick of her everyone is My dad My sister My little brother the only person who wanted her to come was my mom. My cousin (the girl) said straight up to my parents that she came to the US not to work but to study but currently, she is working and doesn't pay bills I'm sick of it she wakes up at 1 pm My cousin(the boy) wakes up at 3 pm because he works at night they both work at night I'm sick of it My sister ( Older) is going to the MARINES in January I'm going to miss her so much my little brother has to sleep with my older sister my COusin( the girl) has to sleep in the couch but sometimes sleeps in my mom's bed because my dad works early and my cousin goes to my mom's room . My mom is a fcikng hoarder she literally buys stuff that is useless today she bought little tiny mittens for no ********ing reason it's summer She bought a painting that showed a pineapple she bought a set of little tiny teacups and plates and put it in front of the window I'm tired I've told her to stop buying those stuff but she just says that it's not on my shoulders( meaning it's not bothering me ) also My uncle is living in my room with my cousin I'm tired of it there is so much mess Idk what to do everything looks ugly in my house 9 people are living in a house of 3 rooms how is that possible? I really want to run away or just for everyone to leave My cousin (the girl) doesn't help my mom with anything my parents bought her school supplier when she has money to buy them I'm tired of it I have even more stuff to complain about I'm tired of living

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to leave my house, but im scared

Im 15 turning 16 this august, and its about my school. Im doing bad at my school and im under alot of pressure, currently im not attending classes anymore and its obvious im failling my classes. We have a ton of financial problems and i always feel like a burden. I live in a country where a 15 year old can't really find a living, i have suicidal thoughts because i dont want to be a burden to my family anymore. I want to end it but im scared, another option is leaving. Im scared to retake the whole school year cause i know my parents can't afford it, what should i do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS and telling us a little about what you are looking to do. We know it takes a lot of courage to do so. It sounds like you are looking to leave home and in need of some options to help support you.

There are a few options we can provide, the first and easiest option if you are looking to leave home is to get your parent or guardian's permission. If this is a matter of safety, you can contact Child Protective Services at childhelp.org or calling 1-800-422-4453. The third option is emancipation and this is often a lengthy and difficult process. Most states require the youth to be at least 16 years old and able to demonstrate they can support themselves financially. If you are interested in this option you can contact your local court house to find out more information, or NRS can search for legal aid resources so you can obtain advice from a lawyer.

If you would like to go over more in depth about what is going on and explore these options further, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us through 1800runaway.org. We are available 24/7 and here to listen and support you anyway we can.

Thank you,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to leave my house but I have lagel grandaship over my what can I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I'm 16 years old and in need of living my house. I can't express myself and I have a great form of freedom but I'm still pushed and pressed. I've resorted to unhealthy habits mainly drinking as I have ended up a total of three times to the PR for heavy drinking all I have left are dreams that I want to fullfil when I leave

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    We know it can be hard to reach out for help and it takes a lot of courage.

We want to help you with whatever we can. It sounds like you want to leave your house. If you are under 18, in most states, leaving house makes you a runaway. This however, is not illegal. If you do runaway from home, your parents may decide to file a runaway report and the police may come looking for you to bring you back home depending on the situation.

Our priority is that you are safe. If you do decide to leave home, make sure you have somewhere to go. A good resource to check out for this is https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/

Lastly, if you want to talk about your situation more in depth or talk through some of your options, you are more than welcome to reach out to us 24/7. We are available on live chat at 1800runaway.com and by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929).

Best of luck and stay strong,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Help me please help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

You mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Guest replied
    I want to leave my house. My parents have hit me before and though it isn’t constant and more irregular, it does happen. Furthermore, my father ignores me and offers no guidance, support, or even conversation. My mother is just crazy. She manipulates me to make me feel like a bully or bad person simply because I have different opinions. She has not allowed me to drive but let my younger sister start a year and a half before me. When I ask to hang out with friends days before, she will give me permission (which I shouldn’t even need as a junior in high school). But, the day of she will tell me that she feels horrible and is going to have a panic attack. Many times she has returned home in the middle of driving me to practice simply because her head hurts. My siblings have also verbally hurt me and bullied me as long as I can remember. Even though I hate my family, I can’t ignore that I still love them. But, I’m suffering I don’t know what to do. When I contemplated suicide for all of middle school, my siblings made fun of me for it and laughed at my self harm scars. I still love them as twisted as it is. Please help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your situation with us here at NRS. Abuse of any kind is never okay and you do not deserve to treated in that way. You deserve to be treated with respect and to feel supported by the people around you.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

We are a non-directive and non-judgmental space for you talk through your situation and explore your options. We are here 24/7 to listen and help. We want to talk more with you about your situation and help you explore your possible options. If you feel like leaving would be your safest option, you are 18 and have the legal freedom to choose where you live. We are also happy to search our database for any helpful resources (mental health services, counseling, housing services, shelter, etc).

This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Because our email and bulletin services are different in that we can only respond twice, we are able to better help you through phone and live chat. You can contact us directly at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat at 1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod13; 08-13-2020, 09:35 PM.

Guest replied
    I’m an 18 year old female. I live in Conyers,Georgia. My mom is mentally abusive and it has gotten to the point where i want to kill myself. What can i do

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X