Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really want to leave my house but how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really really want to leave my house my parents hate me and I have nowhere to go please help me please I need help

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you feel like leaving is one of your only options.

Not having somewhere sometimes holds young people back from running away. It might help to consider reaching out to family or friends to see if they might be able to give you a place to stay while you figure out next steps. Otherwise, you can always run away to a National Safe Place. You locate these by texting “SAFE & [your location]” to 44357. We can also help you locate a runaway shelter if you call us. It is important to know that 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I dont want to leave with my family.. Please suggest me where can i go?

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us. It’s important to fully understand what running away means in your situation. Some things you should consider are its feasibility, where you would go, how you would get there, how long you would stay there, and what you would do about school. The actual logistics may hamper any attempt you make or may even make your situation at home with your parents worse. Additionally, your parents have the right to contact the police and file a runaway report. This means that the police will actively search for you and will bring you home if they find you. It’s important to understand that this is considered a status offense and not a criminal one. Also, if you do run away, your parents can let the school know that they don’t have permission to enroll you again for the coming year which means that you will be unable to continue school.

Moreover, there are other ways to deal with your situation other than running away. If you don’t feel comfortable about sitting down and having a conversation about with parents about what’s going on, you can seek the help of a school counselor. They can provide a safe place for you to talk and give advice. Another thing you could do is avoid conflict with mom and dad as much as possible. Spending time outside of your house is entirely fine and cannot be considered running away unless you stay the night at another location. You could hang out with a close friend or relative during the day. Or maybe you could find an activity that’ll take up more of your time.

We’re well aware that your home life is something you’re deeply unsatisfied with and we hope you use the information given to weigh out your choices to make an informed decision. We are completely available 24 hours a day at (1-800-786-2929) for a conversation if you feel the need. We wish you good luck!

Help **********
        Last edited by ccsmod13; 11-08-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe, NRS

I’m 16 years old and I wanna leave my house so bad, I’ve never thought about leaving until now. My family in this household is so ********ty to me. I could be just playing around and I get blamed for the stuff that I didn’t even start , it pisses me off the most , I can really be independent on my own or I just need some time to get away from this house for a few days , or even a week. ITS SO IRRITATING DUDE! They p****** me off multiple times , called me names and I don’t like that AT ALL. I thought family was suppose to be there for you not hurt you. I would like to leave my house for a few days maybe a week just to get away from all the negative words and place. I have anger issues and I can’t really control them and say what’s on my mind because I can’t I don’t wanna lose their love for me. That’s all I have left is just them in this household and to be honest I don’t see much love here what so ever! I need to leave so bad
        Last edited by ccsmod0; 02-27-2020, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

I need to leave my house

I just turned 14 and my mother, who I grew up with, it getting married soon. I hate her new boyfriend and now I don't even feel comfortable living in my own home. They are constantly f***ing and it makes me so uncomfortable. And when I am not home on the weekends when I stay with other family, her boyfriend sleeps in my bed when he gets drunk and leave my room a total mess and then I have to change my sheets because they smell like him. I just don't know what to do...

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are struggling with living with your mother's boyfriend. It is completely understandable that you feel uncomfortable with how things are at home. You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your mother's permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your mother. Maybe you could go stay with another family member or close friend. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

i need to leave my mom makes it very clear she wanted to abort me and i cant deal with the every day consent screaming it abuse to me mentally and physically and i ran away once and she kept calling my phone to find me and i gave her the address but i promise there will not be a second time of me doing that

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share a bit about your situation on our bulletin. It can certainly be stressful at home when the adults in the household are not supportive. Emotional and physical abuse does get overwhelming and it can be tough to cope with on your own. Abuse of any kind is never okay and not your fault. You deserve to be treated in a way that makes you feel supported and cared for.

Generally speaking, your parents are your legal guardians until you turn 18, so they can decide where you live. If you do choose to leave without permission, your parents can report you as a runaway to the police. Running away is not illegal, but it is a status offense. This means that if your parents know where you are staying then they can have the police return you home.

The easiest way to leave home as a minor is with your parents’ permission. In this case, they would be allowing you to live somewhere else where you are safe and being cared for. A helpful step is to start reaching out to friends and family members you might be able to stay with. Sometimes having an adult advocate on your side can make communicating your needs more effective to your parents. Perhaps an adult family member, a friend's parent or a counselor at school can talk to your parents with you about your experience at home and the possibility of you leaving.

You do have the option to make a report to child protective services to involve a social worker to help you. Child Help is an organization that advocates for young people in abusive and unhealthy situations. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelphotline.org to talk more about what reporting would be like and your options.

We truly want to be a support for you as you decide on your next steps. We are available 24/7 to listen and help as much as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out again by phone or chat if you would like to talk more in-depth about your situation and explore your options. You can contact us by phone at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org.

I’m an 18 year old female. I live in Conyers,Georgia. My mom is mentally abusive and it has gotten to the point where i want to kill myself. What can i do

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your situation with us here at NRS. Abuse of any kind is never okay and you do not deserve to treated in that way. You deserve to be treated with respect and to feel supported by the people around you.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org) is always available if you need someone to talk to about how you have been feeling. Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of.

We are a non-directive and non-judgmental space for you talk through your situation and explore your options. We are here 24/7 to listen and help. We want to talk more with you about your situation and help you explore your possible options. If you feel like leaving would be your safest option, you are 18 and have the legal freedom to choose where you live. We are also happy to search our database for any helpful resources (mental health services, counseling, housing services, shelter, etc).

This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Because our email and bulletin services are different in that we can only respond twice, we are able to better help you through phone and live chat. You can contact us directly at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat at 1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
          NRS
          Last edited by ccsmod13; 08-13-2020, 08:35 PM.

I want to leave my house. My parents have hit me before and though it isn’t constant and more irregular, it does happen. Furthermore, my father ignores me and offers no guidance, support, or even conversation. My mother is just crazy. She manipulates me to make me feel like a bully or bad person simply because I have different opinions. She has not allowed me to drive but let my younger sister start a year and a half before me. When I ask to hang out with friends days before, she will give me permission (which I shouldn’t even need as a junior in high school). But, the day of she will tell me that she feels horrible and is going to have a panic attack. Many times she has returned home in the middle of driving me to practice simply because her head hurts. My siblings have also verbally hurt me and bullied me as long as I can remember. Even though I hate my family, I can’t ignore that I still love them. But, I’m suffering I don’t know what to do. When I contemplated suicide for all of middle school, my siblings made fun of me for it and laughed at my self harm scars. I still love them as twisted as it is. Please help

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

You mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,

NRS

Help me please help

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          We know it can be hard to reach out for help and it takes a lot of courage.

We want to help you with whatever we can. It sounds like you want to leave your house. If you are under 18, in most states, leaving house makes you a runaway. This however, is not illegal. If you do runaway from home, your parents may decide to file a runaway report and the police may come looking for you to bring you back home depending on the situation.

Our priority is that you are safe. If you do decide to leave home, make sure you have somewhere to go. A good resource to check out for this is https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/

Lastly, if you want to talk about your situation more in depth or talk through some of your options, you are more than welcome to reach out to us 24/7. We are available on live chat at 1800runaway.com and by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929).

Best of luck and stay strong,
          NRS

Hi I'm 16 years old and in need of living my house. I can't express myself and I have a great form of freedom but I'm still pushed and pressed. I've resorted to unhealthy habits mainly drinking as I have ended up a total of three times to the PR for heavy drinking all I have left are dreams that I want to fullfil when I leave

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Be safe,

NRS

I want to leave my house but I have lagel grandaship over my what can I do?

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to NRS and telling us a little about what you are looking to do. We know it takes a lot of courage to do so. It sounds like you are looking to leave home and in need of some options to help support you.

There are a few options we can provide, the first and easiest option if you are looking to leave home is to get your parent or guardian's permission. If this is a matter of safety, you can contact Child Protective Services at childhelp.org or calling 1-800-422-4453. The third option is emancipation and this is often a lengthy and difficult process. Most states require the youth to be at least 16 years old and able to demonstrate they can support themselves financially. If you are interested in this option you can contact your local court house to find out more information, or NRS can search for legal aid resources so you can obtain advice from a lawyer.

If you would like to go over more in depth about what is going on and explore these options further, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us through 1800runaway.org. We are available 24/7 and here to listen and support you anyway we can.

Thank you,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X