Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really want to leave my house but how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really really want to leave my house my parents hate me and I have nowhere to go please help me please I need help

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you feel like leaving is one of your only options.

Not having somewhere sometimes holds young people back from running away. It might help to consider reaching out to family or friends to see if they might be able to give you a place to stay while you figure out next steps. Otherwise, you can always run away to a National Safe Place. You locate these by texting “SAFE & [your location]” to 44357. We can also help you locate a runaway shelter if you call us. It is important to know that 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I dont want to leave with my family.. Please suggest me where can i go?

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us. It’s important to fully understand what running away means in your situation. Some things you should consider are its feasibility, where you would go, how you would get there, how long you would stay there, and what you would do about school. The actual logistics may hamper any attempt you make or may even make your situation at home with your parents worse. Additionally, your parents have the right to contact the police and file a runaway report. This means that the police will actively search for you and will bring you home if they find you. It’s important to understand that this is considered a status offense and not a criminal one. Also, if you do run away, your parents can let the school know that they don’t have permission to enroll you again for the coming year which means that you will be unable to continue school.

Moreover, there are other ways to deal with your situation other than running away. If you don’t feel comfortable about sitting down and having a conversation about with parents about what’s going on, you can seek the help of a school counselor. They can provide a safe place for you to talk and give advice. Another thing you could do is avoid conflict with mom and dad as much as possible. Spending time outside of your house is entirely fine and cannot be considered running away unless you stay the night at another location. You could hang out with a close friend or relative during the day. Or maybe you could find an activity that’ll take up more of your time.

We’re well aware that your home life is something you’re deeply unsatisfied with and we hope you use the information given to weigh out your choices to make an informed decision. We are completely available 24 hours a day at (1-800-786-2929) for a conversation if you feel the need. We wish you good luck!

Help **********
        Last edited by ccsmod13; 11-08-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod13
          ccsmod13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe, NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X