Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really want to leave my house but how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to leave my home. My parents is becoming over protective & I feel very discomfort able about it. I feel suffocated at times & get Idea of committing suicide at times due to their advices. I am bugged up with them. I really want some peace & live my own life.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like your parents being overprotective has taken a major toll on you and you have had thoughts about attempting suicide. Those feelings are significant, and you deserve to be supported through this. Your life has infinite value and you are not in this alone, there are people and resources out there who truly want to help.

It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did - our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk. We are always here for you.

If you haven't already, you might try to let your parents know how you are feeling, and what about them being overprotective results in you feeling uncomfortable and suffocated. You might try to convey to them what your needs are, your mental health should be taken seriously. If you are interested in any individual or family counseling resources to talk through how you are feeling, please do not hesitate to reach out. We have a national database of youth counseling resources. Here at NRS, we also have a conference call service if you would like to have a mediated conversation with your parents. You deserve to be heard.

We hope this information helps. Please know that we are always here for you over phone or chat if you need.

Best,

NRS

I am 12 and I hate my life my brother is 16 and he bullies me and I just can't handle it does anyone have an idea

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation and thank you for reaching out.

You seem to being doing the best you can. It sounds like your brother’s behavior is distressing to you. Everyone deserves to be treated kindly and fairly, especially by family members.

We want to make sure you are safe and comfortable at home. That said, we would encourage you to shoot us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like to discuss what’s been going on further. If you have not already, maybe you could consider talking to your parents about how you are feeling and your relationship with your brother. We offer conference calls which means that we could talk to your parents/guardians with you about what’s been going on.

Thank you again for reaching out and we wish you the best. We are 24/7 and toll free so feel free to give us a call any time.

I tired of being grounded I really want to live my own life I want to run away. My parent's wants me for marriage forcefully with stranger but I don’t want I want to leave my house.

​​
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-27-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Reply: I tired of being grounded

​​ Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. You should not be forced into something that you do not want.
      We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I’m 14 years old and I turn 15 in May. My mom just got remarried 2 years ago I hate living in this house. I hate her husband changing everything in my life ruining everything acting like he’s my biological father when my father passed away when I was young. He really makes everything a bigger deal then it has to be and he tries to buy my love when things don’t go his way he throws a huge fit like he runs ******** in this house.
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-24-2019, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Reply: I’m 14 years old and I turn 15 in may

Hello,
          Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We are sorry for your loss. Adjusting to a new family situation can be most challenging. We understand the frustration that comes from poor communication and we want you to know that we are here to listen as well as support you during this tough time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
          NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi there!
            I am 18 and I want to just leave my home. I sometimes feel like I'm doing this for no reason but there is something out there that I feel like I'm wasting my time at home. I want to discover this world. I probably don't want to shut myself in this cave forever! I had a really hard time back then when I was 16.There were some financial crisis that me and my family faced and that became one of the reasons why my father was unable to pay my school fee.

At that time I lost myself. I spent days in solitude and lost all my friends. Then onwards I never made any friends. I can be friendly and cheerful so that no one could ever identify who I am but now I'm tired acting all this long.

My mother is always screaming at me and when ever I come home from college, I feel like all those old days coming back. Whenever I'm out I feel better but the moment I come home I just want to disappear myself. The teachers at college are not cooperative. They are all taunting and old fashioned. Speak of my father.. he is decent but kind of showy and irritating like he can never understand me. It sometimes feel like my parents are competing me ....I just hate them but deep inside I do care. In addition to that I think I can't stay with them anymore.

There is not even one night that I haven't cried. I think I belong somewhere else... I want to discover.

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like things are pretty overwhelming at home, and you are feeling pretty down and wanting to leave. That sounds really hard to deal with, and it's significant that you are crying every night. You so deserve to be supported when you are feeling like that.

Since you are 18, you generally can leave home without permission and make your own life decisions. It sounds like you are away at college most of the time, but are having issues with the teachers and are still having to come home on breaks. You might think about ways you could better your situation, such as looking for places you can go rather than going home on breaks if home is really affecting you with any friends, staying at your college housing, or gaining income to pay for a room instead of going home. You also might try to reach out to the teachers who are not being cooperative, and see what you can do to get what you need in those classes.

You mentioned feeling lost and stuck in solitude; which must really hurt. If you haven't already you might see if your college has a wellness center. Often times colleges have wellness centers that offer free or discounted mental health services to their students. If your college does not offer those services, please call or chat us if you are interested in us looking for mental health resources in your area. You are never alone. You might also reach out to the National Alliance on Mental Health 1-800-950-NAMI or text NAMI to 741741 if you would like to talk through how you are feeling and what resources are available to you.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you ever need resources or support: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org. We are rooting for you!

-NRS

I'm 16 i'm turning 17 in April I want to runaway i'm tired of living in a household where i feel isolated in I can't do things hardly I've lost my parents trust after I started to cut but then I stopped after I got helped, but then I had a slip up 3 weeks ago after holding in so much fusturation and acting like everything was just fine I've painted a smile on my face that I see on other's. I talk about my issues with my boyfriend his always been their for me his the reason why i stopped self-harming ever since my last slip up I haven't had thoughts about doing it I promised him that I wouldn't. I can't have the same connection with my family because when i do speak to them about the way I feel They tell me that it's for attention or I just want sympathy. I don't want none of that, Why would I want something I never had before? I just want to runaway not to live with boyfriend, but just leave and stay at my own place then when I think i'm ready to live with my boyfriend I would i'm not going to rush. I'm looking for a job right now I have a friend who said I could stay with he lives alone his like a brother I will still be attending school I want to graduate from high school. I'm not going to just give up on school even if I runaway I know i'm capable of making it through life without my parents help either way I feel like I stand alone in life when I'm around my family. Do ya'll think me running away after I turn 17 is a good idea and would I get in trouble if I leave 5 days after my birthday?

Comment

• ccsmod5
              ccsmod5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              Thank you for your post. From what you’ve written, it’s clear that you’re a driven and focused young person. It also sounds like you’ve been holding in a lot of hurt. It’s understandable that you would want to remove yourself from an environment that feels isolating and unsupportive. You deserve to live somewhere you feel included and understood.
              You mention that your boyfriend has always been there for you and is a part of why you stopped self-harming. It sounds like you have a supportive relationship with your boyfriend—good for you! You deserve to have that. It could also be an option to confide in another person you trust, like a teacher, guidance counselor, or your friends. Even if your parents don’t seem to understand you, there ARE people out there ready and willing to give you the support you need. There are often online communities for folks who cut or who have engaged in self-injury; one popular community is To Write Love on Her Arms: twloha.com. Counseling with a therapist could be an option as well. Some great mental health resources are NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness): 1-800-950-NAMI and SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration): 1-877-726-4727.
              As for running away, that is a decision that you make for yourself as you know your situation better than anyone else could. It sounds like you do have some plans for where you might go, which is great; it is also useful to think about other details of your plan: where you’ll get food, how you’ll get to your safe places, what you would do if your housing situation didn’t work out, how you would access medications or healthcare, etc. If you need any support in brainstorming options or need resources, we are always here to help out. One thing to keep in mind is that as a 17-year-old, your family would still have the right to file a runaway report. If the police are able to locate you, you may be returned home.
              Thank you again for your email. If you ever need someone to help you think through your options, locate resources in your area, or just listen we are always here. Our number is 1-800-786-2929. Stay safe and stay strong!
              NRS

I'm 16 years old I will be 17 in 2 months. My mom and i don't always get a long. my grades have always been a problem in my life. especially my math grades. i have had my phone taken many times. i am currently doing summer school for the second time because i have failed math. my parents have asked me before if im happy in my house and i said yes even tho in reality i am not. i feel like a failure. yesterday i worked all day came home grabbed my computer went to my tutor did math for 3 hours stopped for dinner and gas finally got home ate did my chores got in bed and started to do my math i was super exhausted so i put my computer down to get ready for bed. my mom walked in saw that i was on my phone and got really mad. and i did go straight to sleep. this morning she woke me up and took my phone without even talking to me. im to the point where i just want to leave. and i know that my problem isn't even a big problem but im just so done with everything and i don't know what to do anymore i've tried everything and i am ready to leave.

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you so much for reaching out. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate in between the stresses of school work and parental pressure from your mom. It makes a lot of sense for feel overwhelmed. Furthermore, as seen by your description of your previous day, it sounds like you are putting in a lot of effort into boosting your grades. Your effort is commendable!

It seems like the lack of support/effective communication between you and your mom is leading you to think about leaving. Depending on the age of majority in your state (in other words: the age at which you are a legal adult), then it is legal to leave your household. A simple google search will give you the age of majority. And if you are not of age at 17, then leaving would be a status offense under the law. So, if your mom were to file a runaway report, there is a chance you would be returned to her care if found by law enforcement. That is just some information that could be helpful to know. Leaving is definitely a big decision and we want you to be safe. Some things that could be helpful to think about is where would you go if you left? Would you be staying with someone? How would you be surviving? In addition, we are wondering if you have reached out to anyone you trust in your life regarding your struggles. Is there someone you feel comfortable turning to? One service we provide at the National Runaway Safeline is conference calls. That means that we could mediate a conversation between you and your mom to try to have both sides and voices heard. We would love for you to reach out and call us at 1-800-786-2929 if you would like to talk about your situation further.

Thank you again for reaching out. It takes a lot to ask for help and it seems like you are trying your best to explore the options in front of you. Again, please do not hesitate to give us a call or chat. We are here to listen and here to help.

Where to begin. My parents CONSTANTLY take my sisters side, she’s 15, I’m 13. It doesn’t matter what, from Xbox time to “I didn’t say that.” No matter how many times I get upset or confront them, they just say something along the lines of, “Stop being so sensitive”, or, “we/she would never do that on purpose. School is so stressful because my mom constantly makes me go to soccer, while my sister stays home and does nothing. Recently, I have encountered an injury, so I needed my sister to do some things for my neighbors to take care of them. Now that I am better, she continues to get paid and do MY job, even when I told her to stop, and I can control things now. However when I went to do it today, my mom physically blocked me out of the way and let her through to do it, saying, “I need more time to heal,” even after I showed her various ways I am better. I want to run away because I have HAD it with everything. My family life sucks and I don’t believe I deserve to be treated this way, and constantly being ignored because I’m upset.
            Also, whenever my sister gets angry and goes off, my dad will come in and talk to her. However, when I get upset and go off, I get sent to my room without electronics or anything to do besides homework I couldn’t do because I was *and I kid you not* WATCHING soccer practice when my doctor said to not move on it.(it has changed now, I am supposed move) My parents have also encouraged me to stop being antisocial, but I feel I am very social, just not to them because I feel they are the enemy, and no matter what I do, they will just ask my sister and she’ll make up some lie, then they yell at me. It has been rinse and repeat for over three years, and I’m sick of it.

Comment

• ccsmod6
              ccsmod6 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi,
              First off, we’re really glad you reached out to us. From what we’re hearing, you’re home life doesn’t seem very fair. Your parents clearly favor your sister and don’t really have a good reason (or one that’s your fault) for treating you this way. Contacting us for information about your options is one of the most important things you can do, as having a clear understanding of what you can do is essential.

It’s important to fully understand what running away means in your situation. Some things you should consider are its feasibility, where you would go, how you would get there, how long you would stay there, and what you would do about school. The actual logistics may hamper any attempt you make or may even make your situation at home with your parents worse. Additionally, your parents have the right to contact the police and file a runaway report. This means that the police will actively search for you and will bring you home if they find you. It’s important to understand that this is considered a status offense and not a criminal one. Also, if you do run away, your parents can let the school know that they don’t have permission to enroll you again for the coming year which means that you will be unable to continue school.

Moreover, there are other ways to deal with your situation other than running away. If you don’t feel comfortable about sitting down and having a conversation about your parents about what’s going on, you can seek the help of a school counselor. They can provide a safe place for you to talk and give advice. Another thing you could do is avoid conflict with mom and dad as much as possible. Spending time outside of your house is entirely fine and cannot be considered running away unless you stay the night at another location. You could hang out with a close friend or relative during the day. Or maybe you could find an activity that’ll take up more of your time.

We’re well aware that your home life is something you’re deeply unsatisfied with and we hope you use the information given to weigh out your choices to make an informed decision. We are completely available 24 hours a day at (1-800-786-2929) for a conversation if you feel the need. We wish you good luck!

I’m 18 years old and my sister bullies me a lot and my mom just turns her eye to it and ignores everything my sister has made me want to kill myself multiple times and I’ve ended up
            in a mental hospital because of her she is manipulative and she pushes me to the point where I react and I can’t handle it Anymore it’s putting a strain on me I don’t know what to do anymore I just want to leave I don’t want to be aggressive but she pushes me to the point where I am so I really want to leave I think it would be best for me but I have no where to go or no one to relay on my mom wants to put me in this program I have Williams syndrome and it’s for special needs kids and I fell like she just wants to get raid of me because I’m a burden to her because all my problems and I just don’t know what to do anymore I’m desperate to get away from here

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We understand that you are going through a difficult time right now in your household, and appreciate you being open about your current situation.
              To begin with, you mentioned that you’ve been pushed to the point where you want to kill yourself. We want you to know we care about your wellbeing, and your safety. If you need to talk to someone about suicide, please reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-8255. You may at your discretion also reach out to an organization called, SAMSHA for mental health services, and they can be reached at 1800-662-4357.
              Furthermore, we understand that you’re going through a difficult time with your sibling, and your mother wanting you to go away to a special program. You may try to sit down and talk to your mom about how you feel, and see what options can be worked together about camp. You may let her know then as well about the current situation with your sister, she may be able to help. If you feel that you need to get away, you can try texting the National Safeplace to 44357 with the word safe, and your current location.
              Thank you once again for reaching out, we understand you’re experiencing a difficult time, and you to know that you are not alone. Don’t forget we are a 24/7 hotline, so please reach out to us anytime. Best of luck!

Hello my name is sidra i am 24 years old and i live with my parents in united states Maryland ..i want to marry a guy which is not of my religion but my parents are not willing for this marriage so i want to leave my house and get marry to that guy but i don’t want anyone to look for me after i leave home and I don’t want my family to know that where i am currently living ..so my question is if they complain police about me to look for me then will the police tell my address to them or no?

Comment

• ccsmod13
              ccsmod13 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It sounds like you are afraid your parents might show up to your new address and force you back home. You are considered a legal adult which means you can decide where you live. In the event that your parents call the police, the police would not intervene or search for you simply because you left as a legal adult. You can always call the local police department's non-emergency line to ask about what your options would be in case they do show up at your new address against your wishes.

We hope this answers your question and good luck with everything.
              -NRS
              Last edited by ccsmod13; 09-14-2019, 08:18 PM.
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X