Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really want to leave my house but how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,
    i live in minnesota and i was wondering how or what the circumstances are to be taken out of my home till my mom straightens out. i was in treatment in prairie at one point in my life and came home with bed bugs.....we have had them ever since then, they got very very bad before we caught them..we got rid of almost all of them when my mom just stopped worrying about it...i cant wake up without finding one or two on me.
    with my mental issues i get paranoid....which is hard for me to sleep at night, cuz i think i feel bugs on me.
    my mom works as a store manager and does college too, she is divorced but has a boyfriend....
    we have a lot of food, our cupboards are stocked cuz five kids aint easy lol, but just last night there was a can that had been opened but put back in the cupboard and we found it with a ton of bugs on it...there is always moldy bread in the cupboard and i dont even know what we have in the house anymore....house is never clean and mom trys to get the kids to help out but why should they when she doesnt right?
    and now i am 15 and pregnant, and i am scared to even bring my child home when he/she comes because i dont believe it is an healthy environment especially when i cant pick up a peice of clothing without a bug on it....
    im so sick of this and need to know what i can do to get out till she straightens out. and no she will not just let me go somewhere else and that is why i need some help...any advice on who to tell about this to get myslef outta the house?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello 15 from Minnesota,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re dealing with a lot right now. It’s a great that you reached out. We’re here to listen and help.

From what you’ve shared, your mother is going to college and working hard at the same time to provide for her family. And sometimes she juggles too much, which leads to things slipping through the cracks. Recently there’s been a problem with bed bugs in the house and that maybe cleaning more often would help get rid of them for good. You’ve struggled with this situation for a while now and now that you’re pregnant you’re even more worried. You want to raise your child in a clean, safe environment and feel like you can’t find provide this at your mother’s home so you’d like to stay somewhere else until you feel like conditions in the house have improved. But, you think your mother would not be comfortable with that idea.

Only you know when things get to a point where you feel you have to leave home. While we’re not legal experts, you might want to consider a few things if you do decide to go this route. All minors must live with a parent or legal guardian until they are of age. That means that police will have to return you home if they find you. Your mother can also file a runaway report. Even though you will likely not get in trouble, anyone you choose to stay with actually could face issues for harboring a runaway.

You’re in really tough spot and we recognize that options can seem limited or be hard to navigate when you’re a minor. We’re glad that you contacted us. If you are able to give us a call at: 1-800-RUNAWAY or contact us by live chat at: www.1800runaway.org between 4:30pm – 11:30pm CST, we can have a more detailed conversation about the specifics of what’s happening and explore options together.

Best of luck,
      National Runaway Safeline.

so you are saying that i cant even get outta my house for child neglect or anything like that?

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

You most definetly don't deserve to live in an unsafe/toxic home environment. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody. If you want to learn more about the abuse reporting process or would like help reporting the neglect,we can do that with you, just give us a call.

You have options and we are here to help you in any way we can. Also, talking to school counselors or teachers could also provide you with information and support.

Best, NRS

I simply want to suicide. I don't want to sit in this cruel world
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-24-2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Reply: I simply want to suicide

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
      We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now. It sounds like you’re fearing that the situation may end in suicide if things don’t change.

Your safety and well-being is important. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This may be an isolating and lonely time for you, but you are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon. Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe and stay strong,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I want to leave my house k current partner I'm 42 in may I'm in an ongoing child custody case my partner is unstable unsafe around children I believe she is affecting my chances if being a father in more than than a couple of ways she is deliberately hurting me and trying to cause deliberate argumentative attacks based on nothing really debilitating my heads space and mindframe screaming fakinf fits scissors have been used cleaning ammonia nearly cutlery thrown she hit the dog a few times

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you're in a really scary situation and it takes a lot of courage to reach out for support. We are a support primarily for runaway and homeless youth, so unfortunately we may not have a lot of resources for you. You might consider reaching out to the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233. Best of luck to you and stay strong.

I am 21 and have trouble leaving my family. They are crazy controling and somewhat abusive. I want to leave but its so hard to detach myself when i don't know what life will be like when i leave.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are having a difficult time leaving your family due to not knowing how life would be like once you do get out of that environment. You so deserve to live in a safe environment free from abuse. Moving can be a huge step and it is smart of you to think about how exactly you will leave and what your life will look like afterwards. Here at NRS we truly want to help during this pivotal time.

If you are worried about keeping your relationships with your immediate family, you might try to have open, honest conversations with them about moving out. You are 21 and you so deserve to live the life you want to live without being forced to stay in your family's house forever. If you are worried about your living situation or finances, you might start to plan for those while you are still living with your family. You might see if there are any friends or extended family who would let you stay with them if you do not have any savings, so you can work to gain employment and/or gain enough income/savings to become self-sufficient. If you are in need of housing resources, here at NRS we have a national database of transitional living programs (TLPs); which are longer stay shelters for young adults and older teens to help get them on their feet. If you call or chat us, we can look to see if there are any TLPs around your area. Please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like to talk through your plan for moving out. We can provide support and help brainstorm options for you.

We truly wish you the best with moving. Please call us if you ever need!

Best,

NRS

I am very upset with my married life. Want to run away. But where should I go?

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us. We are sorry you are unhappy in your marriage. If you would like to reach out to us to talk about shelter resources or some option you may have please feel free - we are 24/7 so someone will always be there to answer and help you as best as we can. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. We wish you the best of luck with everything!

I'm 24years old girl ...wants to leave my house but feel unsafe outside.. Where can I go ? M depressed a lot here nd tried to commit suicide too.. I just wants to be alone and wants to take my decisions on my own with no emotional, physical or mental pressure .. Plz help.. Where can I go nd feel safe.. Nd live my life peacefully.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are going through so much right now feeling unsafe at home and feeling depressed. Here at NRS, we want you to know that your life has infinite value and you deserve to make it through this difficult time.

There are resources out there for you and you should not have to go through this alone. If you feel like you are in immediate danger please cal 911. If you ever need to talk to someone about how you are feeling you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You might also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. If you are interested in low to no cost mental health resources, you might look for local resources at www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov.

You also mentioned being emotionally, physically, and mentally abused at home. That sounds incredibly hard to deal with, and you do not deserve to be harmed in anyway. As a 24 year old, you unfortunately cannot report abuse to CPS, but you can always call 911 if you are being assaulted. You also can leave home at anytime. You mentioned feeling unsafe outside; which seems very hard to deal with. You might try to ask around to see if friends or extended family can house you or have a room you can rent out. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can look to see if there are any shelter resources that might be able to house you.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us we can best help!

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

Best,

NRS

Hello so I’m 16 and my mom and sister have told me to kill myself because I cause a lot of problems for them I try to tell talk to my mom many times many times but she just tells me to kill myself I know she loved me deep down but I don’t want to be around family members who tell me to kill myself I don’t have any more family nor a dad where can I go and child services will send me to a foster home I don’t want that

Comment

• ccsmod5
          ccsmod5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,
          Thank you so much for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation right now. It’s never okay for anyone to tell you to kill yourself, no matter if you “cause a lot of problems.” You don’t deserve to be told that, especially by people who are supposed to love, support, and respect you. It makes sense that you wouldn’t want to be in that sort of hurtful environment. We’re not legal experts, but generally speaking you would need to be 18 to leave home without permission from your family. If you leave without their permission, your family would have the right to file a runaway report and if the police are able to locate you they will return you home. Another option you might consider is asking your mom for permission to stay with a friend. It might help to have your friend’s parents call your mom to invite you over.
          You mention that you know your mother loves you “deep down.” If this is the case, it might be a possibility to work through your issues in family counseling. Another option is to speak to your guidance counselor at school about what’s been going on and ask them to help you talk to your mom about how her words are making you feel. Here at NRS, we are also able to help you have that conversation with your mom. We’ll do our best to advocate for you and come up with ways that you can both communicate with each other better.
          Thank you again for reaching out. Please also feel free to reach out to us any time if you ever need someone to listen, provide resources, or facilitate that conference call.
          We wish you the best of luck and hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

i am 16 and i really want to run away too. I know i’m young and don’t know about the “real world” but i know myself. I know what to put in my body, I know how to take care of myself, and I am smart enough to do this. I work so hard in school and all my parents do is argue with me whenever they can. my brother is in college and i miss him so much. he was and is always there for me and i’m afraid that if i leave i will break his heart too. but i can’t stay here anylonger. the pressure they put on me and my brother is so ********ing ridiculous and i never want to deal with them again. when i have kids i will refuse to turn out like my parents.

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about all of the pressures you are facing at home. We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that because you are a minor, if you leave home and your parents file a runaway report, you could be returned home. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a run away. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your parents, thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, or things like emancipation and legal aid numbers, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
          [email protected] (Crisis Email)
          1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
          https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I m 22. I want to leave my parents house and need to do something .. I want to live my own life with my own decision.. My parents not allowed me to go anywhere with friends. I Can not do any activities bcz they wont allow me

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). Since you are over 18 you are considered a legal adult which means that you can move out if you want to and you won’t be considered a runaway. As a legal adult, you have a right to make your own decisions about where you live. We can help you make a plan for how to deal with your situation and help you find resources to land on your feet. Having a plan for where you will live and how you will survive once you move out can be very helpful. Moving can be a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone. Some steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It can also be helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. We are here to listen and help however we can. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

I want to leave because to my mom I am causing problems actually my stepdad says I don't do anything but I do help I also have school and he can't stand me and I don't want my mom to divorced and well I talk to her and well she is not going to do anything about it and I can't stand it I want to leave on my own so I won't be a problem and they can take care of themselves and not worried about me. I am 16 turning 17

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that you don't have a good relationship with your stepdad. It sounds like you want to leave home. You could try asking your mom if she would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. Another option that you have is looking into emancipation laws for your state. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929) , email, or live chat.

I want to leave my home m from India m 20complete shall I leave my home ? Will cops takes action about me?

Comment

• ccsmod7
              ccsmod7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

I'm 23 years old and currently living in a group home for disabled youths. I have lived there since I was 15, and my relationship with my social workers and my support parents was fine at first. That relationship has been slowly souring over the years, mostly due to them disrespecting my wishes and treating me like I couldn't handle the outside world. Now I'm ready to go out on my own, and my social workers still believe they have the right to control my life. Is there a way to get clearance from them so that I can leave with my social workers sleeping well at night?

Comment

• ccsmod5
              ccsmod5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, there,
              Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you’re wanting to leave your situation but are concerned about how your social workers might feel about it. We’re not quite certain of the parameters of your living situation (for example, do your social workers have extended guardianship of you or are you free to go when you want, do you have legal guardians, were you sent there by courts, etc). Your best option may be to talk to a lawyer about your situation to see what your next steps might be. If the issue is more just your social workers’ concern about your leaving, you might consider sitting them down and talking about what makes you feel prepared to leave and what you can do to help them sleep well at night. Thank you again for reaching out. If you would like to talk more specifically about the situation, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929. Sincerely,
              NRS
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X