Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i really want to leave my house but how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really want to leave my house but how?

im 16 im about to turn 17 in less than a month and i want to live on my own. i ranaway about a year ago but i came back the fbi got involve and i didnt want the people that where taking me in to get introuble. i thought things wouos change when i got back but they didnt. im always arguing with my parents about dumb stuff. im homeschooled but i want to go back to a regular school but they dont let me i cant a job either. im stuck home 24/7 i cant see my friends i hardly see my bf bc of them. all we do is argue they are always threining me that if i do something wrong like running away they were going to put me to jail or if i got pregnant they will put me to jail and im just tired of all this. thay are trying to control how i am or the things i can do i cant have a cell phone. and im a very independent person and i really want to leave my house i cant stand being here anymore i need help!

re: i really want to leave my house but how?

Hello and thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you have a lot going on at home and don’t want to be living with your parents any more. It seems like you feel they control you in many aspects of your life- from your school options to social life. It must be difficult living in a place where you can’t be as independent as you’d like. You sound very serious about how unhappy you are and mentioned that you have runaway before. Have you ever tried talking with your parents about how you feel? Sometimes parents don’t realize how upset a teenager is because sitting down to talk about it can be really difficult. Is there anyone else you feel supports you right now? We are definitely here for you and hope that you don’t feel alone.

There are certainly many options available to you, but if you were to leave, you are right when you mention that people you stay with could in fact get in trouble. If you want, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) 24 hours a day to discuss your specific situation in more detail and explore some options you might have. Also, we are available through our live chat from 4:30-11:30pm CST. Thanks again for reaching out to us. We hope to hear from you soon.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I am 16 years old and I have three older sisters that moved away and have families and an older brother in the marine corps. I live with my mom and dad and I go to school and do nothing else. My family all sees me as a person that has to stay home and help my parents retire but I don't want to do that. I literally want to runaway and start my own life. I live in a suburb outside of Chicago and I feel that i want to move away and start my own life away from my family and away from this small city. I really want to live in Los Angeles because I feel that I can have more freedom by myself and do my own thing. I hate everybody in my school, I dislike my acquaintances and don't want anything to do with them. I tried being more involved with school and that just makes me feel worse. I like my solitude and especially at school. The only people in the world I enjoy spending time with is my older brother in law and two of my cousins that both go to my school as well.

Comment

Re: i really want to leave my house but how?

Hello,
        Thank you for reaching out to us. It takes a brave person to reach out for support. It sounds like you don’t feel comfortable in your home. You are having trouble feeling satisfied at home and in school. You expect more out of your life but everyone else is expecting you to be happy at home to take care of your family. You feel like you need to leave in order to do your own thing.
        It sounds like the expectations your family has on you are not ones you agreement. It can possibly beneficial for you to speak with all the members of your family about this. You mentioned you have a good relationship with your brother in law and with your cousins that go to school with you. It seems like they will be there to support you. An idea can be to speak with them first to see what their thoughts before bringing it up to your siblings and parents.
        You did mention not being fond of your acquaintances at school and involving yourself at school did not really. One suggestion can be to find what it is that you like to do whether it be and solitude or with others, like your cousins, and make it a hobby. Occupying your mind from the negative things can help you get through until you are able to leave home legally.
        One last suggestion can be to speak with your parents and your cousin’s family about living with your at cousin’s house. If you get along with them and may find it better to live with them, it can be something to discuss with everyone.
        We are here 24/7 if you wish to speak to anyone in greater details about these things. We are here to support you and can provide resources that you may need. We can be reach at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or you can chat with us 1800RUNAWAY.org. We hope everything starts to work out for you.
        Best wishes,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

leave my house

I wanted to leave my house

Comment

Re: leave my house

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we’re glad you did. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you may want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent/guardian permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
            NRS

Comment

I'm 17 and I want to leave home.

Hi, I live in NC and I'm having problems with my whole family. I'm never home anymore because I work a full time job, I'm still in high school, and I do marching band. My parents take my money whenever they feel like it. I just recently bought a car, and it's in my name and everything and they told me that I wasn't allowed to drive it anywhere. I'm constantly fighting with them and we don't get along. I'm also gay and have a girlfriend, but I can't come out to them because they're very homophobic. I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. I'm so unhappy.

Comment

re: I'm 17 and I want to leave home

Hey there,

Thank you for contacting us. Based on what you shared, it seems that you are handling a lot of responsibility right now. You are pretty independent with supporting yourself, but your parents are trying to control you and how you spend your money. We recognize how frustrating that must be for you. It may be helpful to talk with someone at the GLBT national hotline for support if you need someone to talk with. Their number is 1-888-843-4564. Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed on our website.

Regards,
                NRS

Comment

Re: i really want to leave my house but how?

So I am 13 and homeschooled and i feel like i must run away and i don't want wisht washt answers I want the real deal. HOw can can I run away and you had better tell me the answer

Comment

RE: i really want to leave my house but how?

Hello!
                    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re dealing with a tough situation at home that can be very challenging, and you’re very brave to reach out to us! It makes sense that you want straight answers. We cannot tell you how to runaway, but we can help best talk with you about things to think about for the future and to remain safe.
                    While we are not legal experts here at NRS, and the age when you can leave home without your parents’ permission is usually 18.
                    You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you can call us anytime! We would really like to talk to you about what’s going on and see how we can help.

Please take care and give us a call!

Best,
                    NRS

Comment

I want to leave my home!!!

So right i been living with my mom and she been with my stepdad for 7 years and he be bugging on me odee for every single little thing mind u he not my father but so right my mom dont do ******** and im 18 years old and i cant even go out with out them **********ing like my house feels like a prison and everytime i try to express it they dont care nor try to work it out. My only option is to leave as it will be better that way. I would like to know which services can be available to me.
                      Last edited by ccsmod1; 09-15-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

RE:I want to leave my home!!!

Hi there,
                        Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are having some trouble at home and the situation has upset you to the point where you are thinking about leaving. You deserve to have a supportive living environment.
                        You mention that you have not had a positive outcome when trying to talk to your mom about the situation regarding your stepdad. We are sorry to hear that. Sometimes reaching out for support to any trusted friends or family members can be helpful. Since you are 18, you can move out if you want and you will not be considered a runaway since you are a legal adult. There may be shelters or other resources in your area where you can stay and receive services, like employment programs, to help you get on your feet. We can help you talk through all your options and find resources that might be able to help.

We encourage you to contact us at the National Runaway Safeline at 1-800-RUNAWAY in order for us to get more information about your situation so that we can explore options and resources to better assist you. We are open 24/7 and are hoping to hear from you.

Best of luck,
                        NRS

Comment

Hy..... My name is sweety and I m 23yrs old.,
                          I m really tired of my life and many a times tried to end up my life but didn't... Don't know why?.. I m single nd live in a nuclear family having no love, always shouting at each other and use so harsh and abusive language to an extent... I get everything financially but m being mentally tortured in this type of environment...i hv completed my graduation and have huge goals to achieve in life, they r soooo narrow minded and over possessive that neither I can talk to them calmly nor they let me do things on my own....i m somewhere very depressed that I m getting a feel that m not Able to be what i actually can because nobody neither supporting nor letting.. Always dominate over me with their narrow minds...

These fights and this male dominating minds and such a society... Also my own housemates minds.. Just pissed off of such a life.. They always say that you are a girl and the safest place for you is your own house.... But m just killing the real me inside here.. Wt all i can do m not able to.. May i know the safest option so that i won't think of ending myself and leave my house and go to a place where I can develop myself...

Comment

Reply: Hy..... My name is sweety and I m 23yrs old.,

Hello,
                            Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We are sorry to hear about your situation as it sounds like you are going through a very difficult time.
                            If you are having suicidal thoughts you might consider contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at: 1-800-273-8255

NRS is a crisis service for runaway/homeless youth and family up to the age of 21.
                            If you need assistance or support you might consider contacting United Way information and referral hotline. Depending on your area the number is 2-1-1 or 3-1-1.
                            You can search on line for the nearest United Way.

We hope that your situation gets better.

Take care,
                            NRS

Comment

I m 24 i really want to leave my parents house my father and mother beats me up and i want to liv my lyf in my own way i m really depressd plzz help me in leaving home i m grl ..

Comment

• ccsmod8
                                ccsmod8 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hello there -

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to get into contact with us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From your message to us, it sounds like you have are going through a very hard time right now and seem to be very overwhelmed with everything that is going on especially if you don’t know where to go. It’s great that you are able to reach out for help in your current situation, it’s very brave of you to do that. It must be very frustrating to feel like you can’t stay at home anymore. No one deserves to go through something like that.

Unfortunately, we don’t know much about resources in the UK for we mainly work within the United States. But there are resources that might be able to help you within India that can be of more help. There is the “Childline India Foundation” (http://www.childlineindia.org.in/) in India that might be of more help since our resources don’t go outside the United States. There also might be a number in which you can call as well to talk to them about what has been going on. It might be a great way to talk to someone there that can help you get through these terrible times with your parents. You sound like a very strong girl to keep fighting for what you believe in and standing up for yourself.

Hope that this helps.
                            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x
                            Working...
                            X