No announcement yet.

Can I legally runaway to my dad's?

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What should I do if my mother criticizes me to fit her standards. Straight A's, If I have a C then I am punished. I have ate soap, been hit, hit with belts, "spanked", my hair cut down, threats against me for her to send me to juvy, threats that I cannot see my father again. I am only 15....but I cannot take this anymore. I have to clean an entire house everyday and most the days I don't. It's stressful and so hard for me. I have 14 younger siblings. They are all half and on both sides of my family. The lesser of them on my moms side. My dad has no custody of me at all that I know of. My father says he is on my birth certificate but, I am unsure because my mother says he isn't. He owes about 30,000 in child support from when he got sick. He almost had it paid off. My mom won'y drop the child support and keeps threatening to send me to juvy or further "punish" me or keep me from my father. There are many more reasons other than my mother, including schooling and the people in this area. But I would like to move or run away off to my dads. I even talked to my dad about it. What can I do to make that possible without her sending me anywhere or having my father in prison? PLEASE HELP ASAP


    • Reply: What should I do if my mother criticizes me

      Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

      We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      Some situations can be disappointing and even upsetting thus making things uncertain about what to do or where to turn. It can be tough trying satisfy someone else’s expectations. You don’t deserve to be abused and mistreated for not reaching them. It’s not your fault that your mother beaves this way towards you. You have the right to want to live in a safe place. It sounds like you are very frustrated with the situation.
      We understand and we want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      There are laws that protect minors against forms of abuse. To file a report is a big step but it might also help with getting you placed with a relative or possibly foster care. Your safety is important.
      NRS is here to listen and here to help. We would like to hear more about your situation and even explore options with you.
      If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, we can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance, please call or chat soon.

      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or
      To report child abuse most schools have counselors or social workers that can assist you with making a report as they are mandated reports for child abuse. Also you can contact Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453

      You were very brave to reach out to NRS today. Good for you.
      Take care,
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

      National Runaway Safeline (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

      Tell us what you think about your experience!


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove